PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't necessarily say they're fixing the outdated kits, like Napoli/Rangers etc.

It should and may well, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't.

I may have remembered wrong but I remember reading on a twitch PES stream that the day one patch that was released includes updated kits for some teams including Lazio, Rangers & possibly Napoli

What are your camera settings there!

I played around quite a bit with the settings the last day so not entirely sure, but it's the wide (not dynamic) with custom settings. I believe they are 0 zoom, 7 height and 6 angle.

Strange with the other clip also with Lloris where he didnt move at all. Maybe it's because more defenders are closer to the attacker in the situation where he stands still, so the CPU think one of the defenders have a chance of reaching/tackling the attacker?

So it's a legit bug then. If a keeper doesn't have offensive GK set they will stand there like Fabian Barthez waiting for a bus

dicaniobarthez_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqyH--JwBfI8iL9dN4Vc1pUXxacHOGzpiLk4weeUW1sM.jpg

"Taxi for Barthez!"

Still etched into my brain.

Yeahh the ai in this game is definitely broken. Even if a teams attacking style is set to tiki taka, central, short passing they insist on going down the wings and drilling in low crosses. I even tried setting my defensive containment area to middle and they still chucked it wide smh.
Last year = AI constantly chipped through-balls

This year = AI constantly passes to wing and low-crosses

What's going on?

PES became a huge deal (selling more than FIFA at one point) because, and everyone I spoke to said it, "every match was different" and "every goal was different".

The problem is, I find people are still saying that (even the reviewers), and it just isn't true any more. Same applies to attributes meaning anything (it seems like "player styles" are the only real separator).

It's such a shame.

Last year = AI constant chipped through-balls

This year = constant passes to wing and low crosses

What's going on?

PES became a huge deal (selling more than FIFA at one point) because, and everyone I spoke to said it, "every match was different" and "every goal was different".

The problem is, I find people are still saying that (even the reviewers), and it just isn't true any more. Same applies to attributes meaning anything (it seems like "player styles" are the only real separator).

It's such a shame.

Certainly been like this since Pes 2017, every team plays the same and its extremely predictable. See reviewers say its the more Sim like game compared to Fifa but that's not the case in my opinion any more. Pes was supposed to be the Sim alternative with a great career mode and realistic game play and now its all about opening flashy golden balls and first time tika taka passes.

Gutted really to be honest and I won't be buying pes 2019, looking forward to Pes 2020 tho!

What's going on?

It's such a shame.

Absolutely spot on. Iv played every edition sInce PES 2 and IMO the much vaunted gameplay vs the CPU AI died a sorry death several editions ago. I can't understand why people keep saying it's good. It's not. In fact it seems to keep getting worse. Add it to a 20 year old master league, no licenses, and well... no thanks.

Compared to genuinely good sports games such as NBA 2k the series has become embarrassing.

Ps. I logged in to register my support for you guys after seeing they didn't send you a review copy. Laughable behaviour from Konami.

What's going on?

It's such a shame.

Some reviewers at least are being honest but it's a lost battle as long as people will continue to buy the game and complain later after Konami received money. Every year Konami will deceive people that will fall for the usual hype cycle only to be disappointed after release and so on and on. Then in April, May future is bright, we listened, next year, etc you know the usual stuff.

Honestly i can't blame Konami if people are so prone to believe them after they have proved so many times their focus now is no more on offline. They bought these new licenses because the Champions and Europa League licenses loss was too big as a blow and they had to do something, but they never intended to use licenses as some kind of intent to improve offline otherwise they could have done that spending way less money and just improving and fixing offline modes. Instead, we are still here with the same usual bugs, issues in Master league and limitations.
And this year with even less divisions 2 because who cares about Master League depth,longevity, it's all about online, Myclub and some licenses to make people think they still care about the offline.

I'm enjoying it. Partly because I haven't played in a few years (been on the FIFA train) and partly because I just have lowered expectations after the past few seasons of soccer gaming in general.

I do think the physics, especially pertaining to the ball, are fantastic.

I am planning on mostly playing online lobby matches, but I will admit that the lack of ML changes is disappointing, to put it mildly.

When are they gonna start bringing out 2020 news more looking forward to that
At this point i'm looking forward to when they will finally have focus on Master League and offline experience again. Maybe i will have to wait years or maybe it will never happen, who knows. I also expect a huge improvement to CPU AI because i don't even remember when was the last time i actually enjoyed playing against the CPU and didn't feel frustrated or bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom