PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should've done more editing on the grass and swap it around because I think the grass gives it in.

Apart from the grass, anything else that you consider?

The thing I would consider on PC is that this is the first year ever the game looks good straight from installation.

The graphic difference between 2018 & 2019 is marginal and I'm trying to prove that by asking you folks if you can tell which one is which?

There are 5 pictures shown below of Ousmane Dembélé in France uni and Barca uni.

63iKHvV.jpg

OXim0BL.jpg
There you go.

Like I said, people claiming PES 2019 is far superior and very different to PES 2018 graphically... that is simply not true.
They have certainly improved the anti-aliasing and day lighting, and turfs texture certainly helps the feeling of a better looking game. But they haven't done a hell of a lot more than this.

In fact, sometimes I really have to stop and think "what did they change?" I mean... really. The game feels smoother and players feel A LITTLE heavier (which I like) but, can we really say this is A NEW GAME?. Isn't this just a newer version of PES 2018?. How long did they work on PES 2019? 3 Months? Maybe 5?. Maybe 6? Certainly not a whole year.
I agree.
The color pallette and texture are just different.
The gameplay player model's LOD(level-of-datail) are high-quality now, but they can do that last year if they want to.

It's better but didn't use any NEW TECHNOLOGY.

I agree.
The color pallette and texture are just different.
The gameplay player model's LOD(level-of-datail) are high-quality now, but they can do that last year if they want to.

It's better but didn't use any NEW TECHNOLOGY.

I went back to 2018 after playing the demo and for me, in game, 2019 looks far better. I loved 2018 graphically, but the realism has gone up quite a few notches in 2019, mainly due to the new lighting and the pitch textures. The thing is though, no one's game is going to look the same as everyone elses as every TV is different. Even setting up contrast and brightness within the game makes a big difference. I remember thinking 2017 looked washed out compared to 2018, then realised I had put the brightness up too high on 2017 as I had set the game up when there was a lot of sunlight in my livingroom. Makes all the difference!

I went back to 2018 after playing the demo and for me, in game, 2019 looks far better. I loved 2018 graphically, but the realism has gone up quite a few notches in 2019, mainly due to the new lighting and the pitch textures. The thing is though, no one's game is going to look the same as everyone elses as every TV is different. Even setting up contrast and brightness within the game makes a big difference. I remember thinking 2017 looked washed out compared to 2018, then realised I had put the brightness up too high on 2017 as I had set the game up when there was a lot of sunlight in my livingroom. Makes all the difference!
Of course, I'm comparing PES2018 to PES2019 with same monitor and settings.;)

Btw, the game looks good. No doubt about that.
I love how high-detailed the player models on gameplay now!

I just don't believe you need new technology to do all this.
The ENLIGHTEN software, I'm not convinced it exists in this game. They already have REAL CAPTURE technology last year.

Last edited:
There you go.

Like I said, people claiming PES 2019 is far superior and very different to PES 2018 graphically... that is simply not true.
They have certainly improved the anti-aliasing and day lighting, and turfs texture certainly helps the feeling of a better looking game. But they haven't done a hell of a lot more than this.

In fact, sometimes I really have to stop and think "what did they change?" I mean... really. The game feels smoother and players feel A LITTLE heavier (which I like) but, can we really say this is A NEW GAME?. Isn't this just a newer version of PES 2018?. How long did they work on PES 2019? 3 Months? Maybe 5?. Maybe 6? Certainly not a whole year.

PES 2019 is like PES 2018 SweetFX-as-standard.

The pros of 2019 are nicer grass - which makes a difference considering thats most of the screen - 11 new player traits, current rosters, possibly better matchmaking if more PA0 players

if, say, they changed weekly MyClub challenges to filter by PA level I would consider 2019 a potentially great game to get into.

the questions I've answered for myself are :
1) do I preorder? = do I support the devs/believe in the game enough at this stage?
No

2) do I order after getting more info about improvements in game modes/PA competition filters? If so, which format
Yes, because I would support these improvements in modes. PC/PS4.

3) do I leave well alone and stick with 2018?
That depends on the final product.
It also depends on the community - a good number of players sticking with a previous PES/MyClub brings a new "game" to the table.

Whilst, wholesale improvements would have been great, konami have done me a favour by sticking with minor improvements - the demo has reignited some of my interest in 2018

In one of the Ps3 Pes ML, don't remember which, couldn't you negotiate with more players with the most skilled transfer agent staff?

Anyway i'm still very worried about Italian and Spanish second divisions, why are Asim and Adam not answering questions about that when they are clearly saying they played Master League already?

How about this one, folks? 18 or 19?

Pardon the quick edit; was rushing to do before going to work this morning.

SFAGQXj.png

Just wondering if there's been any other ML news besides this on the official site: https://www.konami.com/wepes/2019/eu/en/topic/new_feature_5

So basically no significant improvement in ML 2019? The $ ratio will still be way off compared to current transfer rate (i.e. Pogba market price 13m), Arsenal players will still be raided, release clause is a non-factor ...

There you go.

Player movement is different. More sliding, better feeling though.
Ball behaviour is very different. I don't know if its better than PES 2018, but it is surely more free.
Graphics are updated, not overhauled. But there is a difference for sure.

So, new ball behavior+new player physics and movement + updated graphics = A decently new game. Quite different from PES 2018. To be honest PES 2019 resembles PES 2018 only in title.
And i thank konami for this. KOnami tries, fixes, adds, removes, spoils many things every year. Kudos for this,
PES 2014 was a brand new game compared to 2013. Total overhaul in every aspect. Change 100%
PES 2015 was very different compared to 2014. Konami abandoned PES 2014's technology and physics.Change 80%
PES 2016 was quite different compared to 2015. More fluid, faster, easy to control, but players feel less weighted and realistic. Change 60%.
PES 2017 was quite similar to PES 2016. Change 30%
PES 2018 was quite different to PES 2017. Change 60%
PES 2019 is quite differnet to PES 2018. Change 80%.
My opinion/thoughts.

Hi everyone ;) Just wondering if there's been any other ML news besides this on the official site: https://www.konami.com/wepes/2019/eu/en/topic/new_feature_5

One question I have is if they finally get rid of the stupid system where you're only able to negotiate on 4 players a week or whatever?
Buddy come back in 5yrs and there should be progress in ML, nothing has progressed since you left apart from new leagues but there’s risk that 2nd divisions will not be in the game

I just can't see it happening in PES2019 ML, where Mbappe market price is actually €250-300m in real life.
FC Barcelona's budget in PES2018 ML is €40m :LOL:

Vasliyev believes the evolution of the transfer market since Neymar's world-record €222 million move to PSG last year means Mbappe is now worth in the region of €250-300m after a World Cup which saw him scoop the Best Young Player award as he helped France lift the trophy for a second time.

Read here in detail.

There you go.

It is a new yearly version of pes game. Personally i did not expect an evolution, since it is probably the same fox engine. Same as Fifa, you'll just feel more or less, a refined version. Nothing new, same as mobile phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom