PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone knows if there will be an update with the latest transfers coming soon? i have the game but all squads are old.
Transfer window doesn't close in most places until 31 August so I wouldn't expect them before then.

Interestingly, the Portuguese transfer window doesn't shut until 21 September!

But with Live Update the transfers will be up to date online at least. I Think. Maybe. Who knows with Konami. Oh well...

Pes Universe just published first look at OF. It looks really good plus they will have Bundesliga (beta) from the get go.
Im on nights Wed/Thu so most likely will be getting the game at the weekend.

ok guys,first game of the season in ML on superstar!was super cup italia
game feels great and the ball more free! juventus was very agressive and we lost easy!and you can see how many fouls they made!
40307373_10216316888970852_4041467833584975872_o.jpg

KONAMI apparently indeed removed the offline competitions which was the only thing worth playing. The offline friendlies are still there, but they have always been pointless.

Hmm but they have been at specific times only, haven't they?
Like every week one different competition.
I hope this is due to early launch.
Removing them would be plain stupid.

Have got the full game and the pace is the same as the demo .Want to know when will the data pack be out ? .Also is there a day one patch ?

You might be right but I haven't really played/test much PES17.
I need to correct my image on the "manual" snap zone. It should be manual snap zone of PES18.

I don't have much more to add at the moment. Maybe also consider the fact that L2 is considered more free than standard PA0. It seems to ignore the snap zones and ball path is more true to input.

The reason might be because FIFA doesn't "lock" the direction until the ball is kicked, according to someone.
In PES, it "locks" the moment power bar stops.
There still lots of position changes happening during the "lock" and the exact moment the ball kicked.

I don't play FIFA so I can't speak from experience. On PES, I'm accustomed to power up a pass only if I'm sure it is in the direction I want. I think after PES15, they have restricted last minute direct changes to passes? I don't remember how I adapted at the time, but I know after that year, it has influenced me to be more sure of deciding my passes before I play them. So basically, I've learn to accept my fate, if in the time between I image a pass in my head and the situation changes before my pass is sent, but I'm already done powering up...then, so be it. I read the play wrong.

Or, I super cancel my pass, I do that a lot actually.

So when I mean ball paths surprising myself, it's not really about the last minute corrections/adjustments. Those I accept, fully.

haha:D
I have not played PA1 since PES2016. In those times, assist zone in "normal pass" isn't as big as it is today.
I haven't tested PA1 19demo but this what I think.

PASS.jpg

Purple circle= Assist zone(AS). This "Assist Zone" might be a lot bigger than this.
Length of arrow-=Power applied to a pass.

Any pass that is caught in the AS, will be a pass that goes directly to a Teammate(Tm) that owns that AS.

Pass 1= If you're pointing in the direction of Tm1 but the power applied is for TM2's Assist zone, TM2 is picked as target.

Pass 3
= If your pass direction and power applied is caught between 2 "Assist Zones", the game might pick any of the 2 Tms as target.
What if your is caught in between 2 "Assist zones" but slightly more towards the other AS, then the game will pick the player your direction is slightly pointing.

This is tricky, specially if they are really closer to each other. We should also consider the direction the TMs are facing or their speed, maybe.

But I really don't know:DD.

To perform pass 1 here is wonky in PES. This is one type of pass that may be easier to do in PA1 or above? But I don't know for sure

In PA0, pass 1 would very likely be intercepted by TM1, even if it's a very powerful pass. This has been true for many, many years of PES (on manual at least). It's very hard to evade the green dot on TM1. You basically to play in the direction between 3 and 4 o'clock, to escape the TM1 pink snap zone, in order for TM2 to understand the pass is for him. This is a bit like what I meant, to purposefully pass outside of the snap zone, to get a different outcome.

Powering up the pass stronger, was not enough to make TM1 ignore the ball, or to get TM2 interested in the ball. TM1 kinda just intercepts the powerful pass on his own.

This was true for previous years. PES19 I have no idea.

Now, an interesting thing that is little talked about...you can actually reach TM2 easier, with L2 held down.

This is because of the nature of L2, it tends to ignore snap zones (like mentioned above earlier).

Still, L2 would get intercepted by TM1 sometimes. Snap zones are hard to escape, that's why I tend to purposefully pass around them sometimes.

Anyway, for years it has felt to me that the snap (or their vision of how it should work) has restricted any organic moments. If I go down that list of PES from 12-19, almost 80% of the games in that time span felt too rigid to have organic moments.

Pes Universe just published first look at OF. It looks really good plus they will have Bundesliga (beta) from the get go.
Im on nights Wed/Thu so most likely will be getting the game at the weekend.
That looks outstanding! Odd Celtic are licensed yet dont have the proper kit with the sponsor excluded.

Lets just casually ignore this critique from the Eurogamer review, I am well and truly out
"Sticking with the AI, the goalkeepers have this odd tendency to stay on their line, even when it looks ridiculous to do so. You'll be in a one-on-one situation with the computer-controlled keeper, and they'll just stubbornly stand on their line, refusing to charge forward. You end up shooting a few yards out against keepers who stand there like starfish, their arms flapping in hope more than expectation. It looks and feels silly."

Already told them about the IGN and Eurogamer reviews on Twitter. Can't really do much more than that. They can try to avoid giving review codes to small reviewers like you when you give Pes a not so great score, but they can't avoid to send them to famous review websites, so the fact those same reviews pointed out the same issues about off the pitch is good, because there is no way KONAMI can damage control that.

No your right I wasn’t witch hunting last year telling the truth something they struggle to face upto mate

Lets just casually ignore this critique from the Eurogamer review, I am well and truly out
"Sticking with the AI, the goalkeepers have this odd tendency to stay on their line, even when it looks ridiculous to do so. You'll be in a one-on-one situation with the computer-controlled keeper, and they'll just stubbornly stand on their line, refusing to charge forward. You end up shooting a few yards out against keepers who stand there like starfish, their arms flapping in hope more than expectation. It looks and feels silly."

It's been mentioned plenty here, on the demo thread I described it as the worst AI for goalkeepers I've seen in a football game. Maybe a tad harsh but can't be too far from the truth.

Regarding the day one patch, has this come out yet or will that be delivered on Thursday? It's possible the gameplay/some bugs could be changed/fixed then, right?

Sorry if anyone has asked this already but does the choice of defensive or offensive goalkeeper effect their behaviour?

You'd think defensive sticks to the line and offensive sprints off it.

its been said a few times. its the same. maybe some tad faster animations. thats what i got out of the full game impressions of some users.
edit: see above.
the copies did not arrive at work today. tmw we'll be delivered! i'll be streaming later tmw night! :)

Haven't seen. Sorry.

For me there was a incredible difference (in a bad way) between normal exhibition games and ML last year.

Konami said it will be like this till next patch. They will update kits and stadiums then. Thats why OF people didnt bother with them
Imagine how much shit they're going to get if they wait until their usual datapack time of November for this.

So you ordered it online or just planning to pick it up in a store thursday? For a moment there I thought you already had the game:THINK:

I wasn't gonna buy it, and still not shure I will, but for 100 kr. (13 €) I'll probably get it...

Ordered it online. It's really not that important for me when I'm gonna get it. Hopefully before the weekend and I would be happy.

Have got the full game and the pace is the same as the demo .Want to know when will the data pack be out ? .Also is there a day one patch ?
Are players more responsive even though the speed of the game is the same.

Konami said it will be like this till next patch. They will update kits and stadiums then. Thats why OF people didnt bother with them

Jeez only Konami, How hard is it to add a sponsor lol

re new patch/datapack: it will be here next week. probably transfers update, kits etc. there is info on start screen of the game. OF makers only edit unlicenced teams so won't be affected probably. Glen on twitter said that Bundesliga will come few days after game release so he wait for transfer window to be shut down

Imagine how much shit they're going to get if they wait until their usual datapack time of November for this.
I know... thats why I won't be starting in any of those leagues until they are properly looked after. Most likely will kick off MasterLeague with Serie A (Lazio? Fiorentina?), La Liga (Atletico?), or Premier League (Arsenal? Liverpool?). Havent decided yet. But I wont be touching any of those new leagues. Have a feeling they will be a mess at the start.

It's been mentioned plenty here, on the demo thread I described it as the worst AI for goalkeepers I've seen in a football game. Maybe a tad harsh but can't be too far from the truth.

Regarding the day one patch, has this come out yet or will that be delivered on Thursday? It's possible the gameplay/some bugs could be changed/fixed then, right?

I have been pointing it out for ages also, its been like this for years so why would they fix it now, nobody seems bothered about it on their channels

Really enjoying the full release, though initial impressions were a mixed bag:
  • Couldn't help but immediately be disappointed that transfers aren't updated in the full release. Personally it's inexcusable to me to ship without them.
  • Final release feels a tad faster than the demo to me. Though I felt that the demo was a bit slow, so I'm happy with the pace.
  • Stamina doesn't seem to have as large an impact as the demo. Players are still getting in the red but I don't notice the effect as much.
  • Can't quite figure out what's going on in the midfield. It's quite odd how often I'm able to dribble the middle of the pitch and basically get to the opponents box before anyone pressures.
  • Absolutely love the challenge of creating chances this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom