PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the first one either to tell them they really need to improve their modes, IGN talked about that too and lowered the score compared to last year. I'm glad.

If they don't want to listen to our feedback about modes now they have lower scores to be worried about. Good job reviewers, help us make Konami understand it's unacceptable the lack of focus on off the pitch (modes, options and presentation)

This is a perfect summary of the situation by Eurogamer

Truth about PES 2019, though, is that quality on the pitch can't make up for the disappointment of the overall package. Even if you were to fall in love with its more sim-like gameplay, PES 2019 as an overall offering falls flat. Off the pitch, PES remains a shambles.

Seen from many full game videos:
G.K did not rush out and the player's shooting is therefore much easier
They always remain stationary on the goal line

The Eurogamer Review is good one for me. If you can live with all the failings (and there are many) off the pitch then you can enjoy PES. For many they won't be able to do so. I am majorly dissaponted with Master League not being evolved and transfers still being ridiculous but because it feels so good on the pitch I am willing to ignore all of the failings and play/enjoy it.

But I accept many will not want to make that comprimise and for that Konami ha e themselves only to blame.

Yes, it's online only now, looks like there is no more offline vs CPU games that what are saying the guys who streaming on Twitch. And they all say that the mode is made this way that forces you to invest real money even more than PES2018. Again that explained why Konami was so quiet about this "complete new myclub"

Ah that's me out.

I like to be able to play offline and pause when I like to be flexible around a busy family life. Ah well.

I have a feeling this year reviewers will look especially at the loss of Champions League but also at the lack of innovation in modes and off the pitch.

Ah that's me out.

I like to be able to play offline and pause when I like to be flexible around a busy family life. Ah well.
I have seen a VS com tab in Myclub, so you can still play offline vs COM.

Excellent review from euro gamer .i have always found unlicensed teams don’t look as good as licensed teams in the game.the demo always has polished stadiums and shirts etc but that is never the same when the game is released
It's definitely not an "excellent" review. Most of it is a critique of the game's lack of evolution and missing parts.

Excellent review from euro gamer .i have always found unlicensed teams don’t look as good as licensed teams in the game.the demo always has polished stadiums and shirts etc but that is never the same when the game is released

What doesn’t help is when Konami puts players in those stupid fake boots with a W on.
Just put them in black Adidas or Nike boots.

Ah that's me out.

Same here (if it's true). For me the offline myClub matches were a chance to pause and rest between the high-intensity online matches, and amuse myself getting to know a few lesser players in my squad, and develop them offline a bit. This was an integral part of the appeal of the mode. PES2018 was the first year I ever gave myClub a chance – and the last.

As an Arsenal Fan the lighting at the Emirates makes me very happy. Can't wait to finish work at two so I can get back to it

Edit: Aaaaand I've just seen that ML transfers are still a mess. Ffs

Last edited:
yet we will still get the PES Robots praising the game on Twitter to @officialpes whilst they ignore the people who moan about the lack of stuff do actually do in the game

I AM SICK of konami

and yet I have bought game again? whats wrong with us?

Same here (if it's true). For me the offline myClub matches were a chance to pause and rest between the high-intensity online matches, and amuse myself getting to know a few lesser players in my squad, and develop them offline a bit. This was an integral part of the appeal of the mode. PES2018 was the first year I ever gave myClub a chance – and the last.
Check out Twitter, just search for "myClub offline". Not just one person saying it.

Sadly, though. While you're searching for that. Check out the amount of posts that say things like "I play myClub because offline is boring". We've got no hope. They're not going down this path out of spite. No one cares about offline.

EDIT: As @Ameppe has pointed out, it seems that VS COM is actually still available. Strange that plenty on Twitter have said otherwise...

Last edited:
Well, I dunno, maybe it is more free in 19. Tho I have a feeling it's the reaction that's been bump down. Passes in PA0 don't really go exactly as your aim, so there's something correcting your inputs. I've no idea if it's stat based, probably just game mechanics to make it playable (true freedom is insanely difficult to play with).
How did you know that It doesn't go directly to where you aimed? Maybe you just thought you aimed correctly, but didn't.
How did you test it? What tools did you use?

The reason I did my test is because in the past, I did a lot of misplaced passes. I thought that I aimed correctly but then the ball goes in a slightly different direction.
After doing some test, I realized that it's my fault and not the game.
Knowing that, I can start moving forward and trying to improve my game, instead of blaming the game for my mistakes.

The thing with PC is you can do some test that's not possible with consoles.
In PC, there's a way to know exactly the direction that "locks" as soon as you release the pass/shoot button(power bar stops).

true freedom is insanely difficult to play with.

Fully agree.
That's why I think the "Rail" does more good than bad on manual IMO.

PES12 I bought the game quite late and tried manual around June. I felt really lost and gave up. Someone else will have better memory of it
PES13 it was rigid (i mean the freedom and pass correction and snap etc)
PES14 was the freest. So free that I felt I had to look for the ball after my pass.
PES15 became simplified. More free than 13, but everyone I knew was disappointed.
PES16 never felt free. The snap was blatant
PES17 a little better than 16, but still ugly. Look at this clip was from 17. And 16 was worse than this lol.
Here's another one from 17:
PES18 was a little freer than 17
PES19 is kinda more free than all other years, except for 14 maybe. I dunno, the year is long, we'll see.

I feel like the heavy-handed snap has been preventing the game from being organic, whichever PA we are in.

I never really played manual on PES16 and older games. I started manual on PES17, but didn't play much PES17.
But one thing I noticed this last 3 years: Trapping/first touch are becoming inaccurate/sloppier/extra animation(not all the time).
Just compare the trapping animations from PES17 to PES19.
I think this trapping/first-touch animation has a lot of impact in our perception of pass accuracy/freedom. More on that below.

In my view pass direction change after pressing the button changed a lot since PES2018. In PES2018 pass direction was locked as soon as you touched the pass or shoot button. In PES2019 you have a lot more time to adjust after giving the command. It´s not until the ball leaves the players foot (which would probably result in some strange animation or unrealistic physicality), but much longer than before.

PES2018
Why is Neymar's arrow still moving if the directions stops as soon as you pressed the shoot/pass?
It stops as soon as you release.

PES2019
Haven't done a passing test in 19demo but I don't think so. Didn't feel any significant difference between PES18.
I think, the passes in PES19 just feels weird at times because the trapping/first touch is sloppier(at times) than in PES18.

As soon as you release the pass/shoot button, the direction locks. But because of the sloppy trapping/first touch, sometimes your player will do this "extra" animation before doing the pass.

These "extra" trapping/touch animation in MANUAL can cause misplaced passes because:
"Pass receiver" is already in a different position before the pass is kicked.
Your passer is already at a different position before passing/kicking, so you're aiming is no longer where you intended to(This one is hard to explain without visual).

Also, it's not about "adjustments" while "power bar is moving".
I don't think we intentionally adjust directions after we pressed the pass/shoot button.
We only press the pass/shoot button as soon as we thought we're aiming correctly.

I only said in my previous posts that we can "adjust direction" while power bar is still building-up..... because your direction is still being recognized by the game until it locks(button released/power bar stops).

PS. Sorry for the long post! Hard to explain these things on shorter posts:DD

Last edited:
To the Aussie guys, where are you all getting your game from????
Last year I bought it digitally, since the physical copy (I preordered from EB) was delayed a whole week.. weird shit...

Having it preordered from EB for this years version, I decided to cancel with EB (since they had it at $99 and weren't willing to price match - lost my business sorry), and instead preordered today online via
https://www.gamesmen.com.au/ who have it for $78 including express delivery... hoping it gets sent tomorrow for Thursday arrival.

I was tempted to get the US psn store version, as im guessing its out already (28th), but its region locked incase I wanna try and play some aussies online. Online not really important for me..but hey.. I want that option. The cool think about US version, its got Japanese commentary, whereas the AU version doesn't ….

But.. im also getting the steam / pc version of the game.. for the modding. Since I have a gaming laptop with nvidia 1080gpu etc. That has the Japanese commentary aswell….

Regarding Fifa… thisll be the first year that I wont even bother downloading the demo. I just cannot get past first base with fifa.. from what ive seen in the video's, just looks terrible.. ball physics, player physics, ball size.. etc.. just doesn't look like real football to me. Whereas ive been super impressed with the pes2019 demo.. looks and feel. Personally, just feels so good... no doubt best feeling and looking football game to date. That's why it really bugs me to see Fifa being the only football game advertised in shops like EB, JBHIFI, and various multistore outlets (KMart, Big W). A lot of young aussies (im a Secondary school teacher) don't even know what PES is.. that's including the full on football fans... annoys me that they are missing out.

The cheapest I've seen is Amazon for $64.99.

Fucccckkkkkkk
giphy.gif

:P

It's definitely not an "excellent" review. Most of it is a critique of the game's lack of evolution and missing parts.

Well I think it’s the best review I’ve read .i think it’s how most people will probably feel about the game me included.i guess everyone feels differently

How did you know that It doesn't go directly to where you aimed? Maybe you just thought you aimed correctly, but didn't.

Because a lot of times I pass purposefully outside of snap zones, and then the path it takes goes exactly as I want (free). I just walk over to collect the ball. Sometimes in buildup I prefer that than losing some time on an unpredictable pass.

Let's put it this way, outside of snap zones, the path it takes never surprises me.

And it's been that way for a long time. If you view the PES17 videos on my other post just now, you can see what I mean. I casually point at a player, lazily, press pass. It snaps to it pretty easily.

Sorry for the long post! Hard to explain these things on shorter posts
Wow...that is some in-depth shit right there! Fair play to you! It's morning and Im sober, so I even understood most of it! :D
Now tell me this - following your logic, is it possible that longer ball trapping and body adjustments are also affecting PS1? Can that be the reason game is picking different targets for me from time to time? Can it be my fault there? Or are we talking only about manual passing?

Edit: coz on PS1 it feels more like im catching..how do you guys call it? Snap Zone? That regardless of me keeping direction up it goes 90 degree angle other way... and if them snap zones are bigger in pes19 then im never going back to PS1.

Last edited:
I can tell you one thing to support what you said... Try playing the London 2012 videogame. Really, it's an eye-opener.

I used to struggle with manual controls in FIFA (especially FIFA 11) and blamed EA... Then by chance I played London 2012 (a game that heavily relies on manual controls in some disciplines like jumps and such) and guess what? It showed the inputs of the right and left stick in degrees and boy, it were my inputs that were completely off.

For example, I needed an input of 45° on the left stick for a jump, I often had 55° or 30° but, like, easily... Once I got better at that, I got also better at FIFA. Not joking.

Sincerely hoping shopto dispatch today. Was a toss up between them and simlygames this year and went with the former.

Getting worried. Want my copy tomorrow.

I can tell you one thing to support what you said... Try playing the London 2012 videogame. Really, it's an eye-opener.

I used to struggle with manual controls in FIFA (especially FIFA 11) and blamed EA... Then by chance I played London 2012 (a game that heavily relies on manual controls in some disciplines like jumps and such) and guess what? It showed the inputs of the right and left stick in degrees and boy, it were my inputs that were completely off.

For example, I needed an input of 45° on the left stick for a jump, I often had 55° or 30° but, like, easily... Once I got better at that, I got also better at FIFA. Not joking.

Couple pages back we had someone from FIFA manual who says he has much more freedom than in PES19 demo manual. I've heard that one a lot over the years too. I wonder what sets them apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom