PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two main sites that have given the game very dubious high scores over the last few years are now criticising Pes for what every real fan wants in the game maybe they will finally listen. I gave the game (2018) 74% without online it would be about 50% if I’d had online working. But due to that score and my honest approach I didn’t get a review copy. Sad but I understand how PR works just not Konami’s.

When the blinkered silence when feedback is given just send them the Eurogamer review it’s on the money and finally the truth

Look at this

VS COM is still there. Don't spread misinformation.
Hm, good spot. I'll edit the earlier posts.

Wonder why there's a few people on Twitter claiming otherwise? Wonder if they're referring to specific competitions.

"International Champions Cup (no prizes for guessing what that is meant to be)"

Do these people even watch football/play PES?
More embarrassing is that NGB is a Kitana Media (of WENB fame) site. Really weird that they don't know the ICC is a real event and not the new name of a fake Champions League.

The two main sites that have given the game very dubious high scores over the last few years are now criticising Pes for what every real fan wants in the game maybe they will finally listen. I gave the game (2018) 74% without online it would be about 50% if I’d had online working. But due to that score and my honest approach I didn’t get a review copy. Sad but I understand how PR works just not Konami’s.

When the blinkered silence when feedback is given just send them the Eurogamer review it’s on the money and finally the truth

Already told them about the IGN and Eurogamer reviews on Twitter. Can't really do much more than that. They can try to avoid giving review codes to small reviewers like you when you give Pes a not so great score, but they can't avoid to send them to famous review websites, so the fact those same reviews pointed out the same issues about off the pitch is good, because there is no way KONAMI can damage control that.

Already told them about the IGN and Eurogamer reviews on Twitter. Can't really do much more than that. They can try to avoid giving review codes to small reviewers like you when you give Pes a not so great score, but they can't avoid to send them to famous review websites, so the fact those same reviews pointed out the same issues about off the pitch is good, because there is no way KONAMI can damage control that.
Places like IGN and Gamespot seem to be glowing in their praise, though. I think Eurogamer would be 3rd on their list of "important review sites" (unless I'm forgetting some).

It makes no difference though, does it. The highest-rated comment on that Eurogamer article is "so the gameplay's amazing - all I care about". Sales won't be affected. PES will never change.

Man! It's extremely easy!
Push back the left stick if you want to shoot low, push it forward if you want to shoot high.
I could never come to grips with Manual Shooting though.

For real? That's it?

When watching those tutorial vids it looked like button combinations for Mortal Kombat fatality moves.
But if the secret is in as you say, I need to give it a go.

Sincerely hoping shopto dispatch today. Was a toss up between them and simlygames this year and went with the former.

Getting worried. Want my copy tomorrow.

I've just been charged by shop to so doesn't that mean shipped

At this stage all it means is the vendor is 'locking' your purchase to them so you can't switch to another at short notice. GAME.com used to be notorious for declaring 'IN STOCK' and locking your order to them several days before release day.

I hope the Bank Holiday in this year's release week doesn't have any kind of effect on preorders.

Simply Games have lost their only real advantage this year (they would always dispatch on the Monday in a normal year).

No difference between them and ShopTo this year, so it's currently a matter of waiting and hoping. At the equivalent stage last year, I got my dispatch email from Simply Games at 09.02am, so the current silence is a bit worrying.

Places like IGN and Gamespot seem to be glowing in their praise, though. I think Eurogamer would be 3rd on their list of "important review sites" (unless I'm forgetting some).

It makes no difference though, does it. The highest-rated comment on that Eurogamer article is "so the gameplay's amazing - all I care about". Sales won't be affected. PES will never change.

IGN has a lower score compared to last year, it was 9.2, now it's 8.2.
Gamespot is the only one that doesn't seem to care about lack of modes or content improvements, but i am sure more and more reviews will complain about that. IGN and Eurogamer complaining is already good enough, better than everyone praising it like it's a flawless game.

I'm honestly surprised this year i managed to keep my word and not preorder or buy the game day one, it's quite difficult with the usual new Pes hype. I guess i really would have felt like an idiot giving them money for a game that i will play less than last year. That removal of second divisions really made my decision even more easy.

Does anybody (especially those who own the game already) know if you can import teams from PES2018 into PES2019?

Check out Twitter, just search for "myClub offline". Not just one person saying it.

Sadly, though. While you're searching for that. Check out the amount of posts that say things like "I play myClub because offline is boring". We've got no hope. They're not going down this path out of spite. No one cares about offline.

EDIT: As @Ameppe has pointed out, it seems that VS COM is actually still available. Strange that plenty on Twitter have said otherwise...
KONAMI apparently indeed removed the offline competitions which was the only thing worth playing. The offline friendlies are still there, but they have always been pointless.

Yes, it's online only now, looks like there is no more offline vs CPU games that what are saying the guys who streaming on Twitch. And they all say that the mode is made this way that forces you to invest real money even more than PES2018. Again that explained why Konami was so quiet about this "complete new myclub"

MyClub online-only pretty much forces everyone to move to PES 2020 after a year as the playerbase moves forward (i.e. it will be impossible to matchmake in PES 2019 after 1 year).

with the offline MyClub component in PES 2018, as I keep getting "unable to find opponent", I'm still able to enjoy my PES 2018 squad.

if konami are going to do this, then improve offline like ML but it sounds ML it has the same problems.

I'm not going to invest time/money in an online mode that will be dead in a year.

My advice to myself : don't get hooked on PES 2019.

Because a lot of times I pass purposefully outside of snap zones, and then the path it takes goes exactly as I want (free). I just walk over to collect the ball. Sometimes in buildup I prefer that than losing some time on an unpredictable pass.

Let's put it this way, outside of snap zones, the path it takes never surprises me.

And it's been that way for a long time. If you view the PES17 videos on my other post just now, you can see what I mean. I casually point at a player, lazily, press pass. It snaps to it pretty easily.
You might be right but I haven't really played/test much PES17.
I need to correct my image on the "manual" snap zone. It should be manual snap zone of PES18.

Couple pages back we had someone from FIFA manual who says he has much more freedom than in PES19 demo manual. I've heard that one a lot over the years too. I wonder what sets them apart.

The reason might be because FIFA doesn't "lock" the direction until the ball is kicked, according to someone.
In PES, it "locks" the moment power bar stops.
There still lots of position changes happening during the "lock" and the exact moment the ball kicked.

Wow...that is some in-depth shit right there! Fair play to you! It's morning and Im sober, so I even understood most of it! :D
Now tell me this - following your logic, is it possible that longer ball trapping and body adjustments are also affecting PS1? Can that be the reason game is picking different targets for me from time to time? Can it be my fault there? Or are we talking only about manual passing?

haha:D
I have not played PA1 since PES2016. In those times, assist zone in "normal pass" isn't as big as it is today.
I haven't tested PA1 19demo but this what I think.

PASS.jpg

Purple circle= Assist zone(AS). This "Assist Zone" might be a lot bigger than this.
Length of arrow-=Power applied to a pass.

Any pass that is caught in the AS, will be a pass that goes directly to a Teammate(Tm) that owns that AS.

Pass 1= If you're pointing in the direction of Tm1 but the power applied is for TM2's Assist zone, TM2 is picked as target.

Pass 3
= If your pass direction and power applied is caught between 2 "Assist Zones", the game might pick any of the 2 Tms as target.
What if your is caught in between 2 "Assist zones" but slightly more towards the other AS, then the game will pick the player your direction is slightly pointing.

This is tricky, specially if they are really closer to each other. We should also consider the direction the TMs are facing or their speed, maybe.

But I really don't know:DD.

Last edited:
Just catching up from a long weekend away.

I think the site was blacklisted as of last month, and banning Daniel has pretty much rubber-stamped it. (Could be wrong, but it's pretty late to be receiving a review copy now.)

Absolutely disgusting, meanwhile the WENB sister site NGB got a review copy and gave a review without a single critique

What was the original removed post? i can see people saying players still go flying around to other clubs but will say arsenal still sell half their squad in the opening transfer window like before because of the release clause bug?

really enjoyed this review, he's actually right imo in a lot of aspects of the gameplay, but still criticises the things that need to such as the keepers not coming off their lines. and FINALLY someone is shouting about how bad ML is and everything off the pitch. really good critique unlike...

Next-Gen Gaming Blog review:

https://t.co/E2JxJ4taTl

Couple of things:

"The addition of Schalke" when they were in last year

"International Champions Cup (no prizes for guessing what that is meant to be)"

Do these people even watch football/play PES?

shills. shameless behaviour. i tried to make a reasonable point to the reviewer on twitter but they basically think i just want them to rip the shit out the game, instead of just being honest about where the game fails.

Last edited:
The gameplay has been so poor for PES that they have had to focus on the gameplay rather than everything else.

Imo the gameplay is still not at PS2 levels but maybe in 2 or 3 years it could be. If people are obsessed about fancy menu's or fancy sounds for menu's then it's clear PES is the wrong game for you! The Japanese gaming industry is about 10 years behind the western one and are playing catch up...slowly...

Pre-ordered the PS4 version, should unlock at UK midnight tomorrow, luckily for me I am an hour behind so I can begin playing at 11.

Looks like they have implemented 40 man squads.

Just watched a video on Youtube and whilst the squad lists still only show 32 players there's a little note in the bottom corner that says "# others".

does anyone knows if there will be an update with the latest transfers coming soon? i have the game but all squads are old.

The gameplay has been so poor for PES that they have had to focus on the gameplay rather than everything else.

Imo the gameplay is still not at PS2 levels but maybe in 2 or 3 years it could be. If people are obsessed about fancy menu's or fancy sounds for menu's then it's clear PES is the wrong game for you! The Japanese gaming industry is about 10 years behind the western one and are playing catch up...slowly...

they had amazing ui designs years ago..eg this is the home menu from pes 2011. lots of little details, animations and even video loops happening within. i forgot how good it looked before i youtubed it only a few weeks ago and my jaw literally dropped. there was couple of neat unique concepts after this but generally speaking its been absolutely abysmal 505008-pes-2011-pro-evolution-soccer-playstation-3-screenshot-main.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom