PES 2019 Demo Impressions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Scored within three minutes from a clunky messy looking goal.
  • No catchup yet so Imbappe and Griezman got through almost every time, yawn.
5 years of complaining about the catch-up bug from about 90% of users and there's always someone that isn't going to be happy. Who were you playing as against France? Surely if you knew you were against Mbappe (who at the World Cup tore through an entire Argentina defence from the half way line just because he's rapid) you'd either man mark, or set your defence line deep?

Ok, so you played like 1.45 minute right? Okay.... And you played a noob as you say?

Mines not a bad review before you get all defensive, I'm a fan of 18 and takes me that long to know it's basically the same with a heavier feel and much nicer graphics, that's enough for me I'll play again on release.

One person said it, it's hardly set in stone as a fact.

well, 2 people did

Just finished my first game. I normally play 2018 on -2 gamespeed and default on 2019 feels similar! Passing seems more responsive and the ball physics look great. Ai did some nice moves - passing and a great, realistic turn by Falcao. Karius came to claim a low cross which I could easily have seen ignored and then scored the attacker. Movement feels really good.

First things first passing is the same as 2018. Absolutely not manual at all

I touched on this in the other thread (before I got shouted at :D) but I remember PA1 from the last time I used it (which admittedly was years and years ago) and I could intentionally pass a ball a metre or so to the side of one of my players. I've just had a very brief go and every pass went straight to feet. But then maybe people who use it regularly will feel a difference.

Shooting feels like you need to put some more welly behind it. Haven't scored yet!

Definitely an improvement over 2018 in many ways but 5 min match time is incredibly stingy of them. Just not enough time to get a good feel of the game. I'm almost certain the demo from the tour had 10 Min matches.

agree with all the above

5 years of complaining about the catch-up bug from about 90% of users and there's always someone that isn't going to be happy. Who were you playing as against France? Surely if you knew you were against Mbappe (who at the World Cup tore through an entire Argentina defence from the half way line just because he's rapid) you'd either man mark, or set your defence line deep?

If you play other games you can pull shirts to slow runners down,without it a slight bit of catchup is needed to keep scorelines down.

one other weird thing to point out, in all 3 of my games on top player, the AI team had the ball and were passing it around, played it wide and inexplicably just lost it and passed it out to touch asif they didn't know where the pitch boundaries were.... very odd stuff

Quite sad that i am not excited, I am sure it will be pes 18 v2. Doesn't look like it is getting BETA style reactions either. Already we know PA1 is the same and that weak foot shooting is strong. Only plus point is no catch up bug so far

Back in the day i would have been trying to leave work early to get home and play it.

If you play other games you can pull shirts to slow runners down,without it a slight bit of catchup is needed to keep scorelines down.
Scoreline should be kept down by reacting to the players you're up against. If I'm against someone like Mandzukic up front then I don't need to worry about him sprinting past me so I can play a higher line. If I'm against an Mbappe then you drop deeper no? You can assign this all from the formations menu relatively easily too.

I dunno - I don't feel like you should introduce a mechanic to counter something that can be countered by being tactically astute.

Mines not a bad review before you get all defensive, I'm a fan of 18 and takes me that long to know it's basically the same with a heavier feel and much nicer graphics, that's enough for me I'll play again on release.

No worries mate. I'm not offended or what so ever. Your free to say what you want to say. I just wanted to know some stuff.

Scoreline should be kept down by reacting to the players you're up against. If I'm against someone like Mandzukic up front then I don't need to worry about him sprinting past me so I can play a higher line. If I'm against an Mbappe then you drop deeper no? You can assign this all from the formations menu relatively easily too.

I dunno - I don't feel like you should introduce a mechanic to counter something that can be countered by being tactically astute.

Not a fan of it either but common sense says it's needed if they wont add shirt pulling, in real life you got the odd few pulls at the man in PES without catchup only way you stop is a red card.

Not a fan of it either but common sense says it's needed if they wont add shirt pulling, in real life you got the odd few pulls at the man in PES without catchup only way you stop is a red card.
OR adjusting tactics so you are not in a red card position so often? In beta last year i would just use team mate pressure and manually move a guy behind so if he gets past one he aint getting past the 2nd.

Alright guys lets filter the hypes and promises here and dissect the truth. Please posts your impressions.
Quite sad that i am not excited, I am sure it will be pes 18 v2. Doesn't look like it is getting BETA style reactions either. Already we know PA1 is the same and that weak foot shooting is strong. Only plus point is no catch up bug so far

Back in the day i would have been trying to leave work early to get home and play it.
You and i, we both know we are getting old. Just 3 years ago i'd have made alternate account to download the game and play in a hurry, now, im just happy reading impressions.

OR adjusting tactics so you are not in a red card position so often? In beta last year i would just use team mate pressure and manually move a guy behind so if he gets past one he aint getting past the 2nd.

Hey man I got something like an 80% win rate online and already win by sixes and sevens believe me when I tell you that could double with no way to stop me when through.

download.jpg

..and abandon PA1 and join the dark side of manual passing and shooting.

Hey man I got something like an 80% win rate online and already win by sixes and sevens believe me when I tell you that could double with no way to stop me when through.
Lets hope we get matched up on demo, I fancy my chances vs someone who wants catch up bug scripting to help defend :)

Lets hope we get matched up on demo, I fancy my chances vs someone who wants catch up bug scripting to help defend :)

Jog on with the childish crap, shared my thought that game is easy as ever but looks better, that is all now go pester someone else.

Konami doesn’t need to build a catch up bug to save us from great players like you. A 80% online win percentage means absolutely nothing.

download.jpg

..and abandon PA1 and join the dark side of manual passing and shooting.

Why the hell is that the dark side?? :LOL:

Oh, I get it. The empire has always been cooler...at least I loved playing with those figures more instead with the rebels when I was a kid.

Sry for bein OT.

I can´t wait to play that thing, but I won´t be home until 10 pm.

PES 2018 LITE also only had 5 min exhibition matches, so that probably was to be expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom