PES 2019 Demo Impressions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason why I didn't play -2 was because the animations looked bad. This shouldn't be the case now.
yeah. -2 was to weird animation wise. so i had to switch to -1. regular was a tad fast to me! really like that they seem to slow it down a notch!
we are doing non demo talk here!? is it PES2019 in general!? 2 threads! hard to handle! ;) :)

In my opinion there is absolutely no difference in the passing it isn't more manual. You cannot put the ball in front of the player with a normal pass.

Overall I didn't feel a big difference to 2018 which I played minutes before playing this demo. Only thing is maybe the defensive ai is slightly better.

Right. I've played half a game. Enough to say:

"PA1 is nearly like manual!" = :LOL:

Still can't do square layoffs. I.e., the recipient player still has a magnetic range around him, so it's ball to feet.

That said, so far, it does feel more free than it used to be. Time will tell.

I touched on this in the other thread (before I got shouted at :D) but I remember PA1 from the last time I used it (which admittedly was years and years ago) and I could intentionally pass a ball a metre or so to the side of one of my players. I've just had a very brief go and every pass went straight to feet. But then maybe people who use it regularly will feel a difference.

Shooting feels like you need to put some more welly behind it. Haven't scored yet!

First game here AC vs Inter (AI - Top Player) using PA1, basic shooting, auto-slide and auto-feint OFF

first impression, using the work PS4 Pro the game looks absolute incredible visually, the pace really is spot on, it's utter madness how the videos we've watched make it look 3x4 faster than it actually is, I can even see why those silly italian kids didn't like it if you compare to the videos, some people might see it as cumbersome but i thoroughly enjoyed it.

PASSING.. is... nicer, as in the physics are really nice and it looks and feels good but PA1 i'm not sure has changed at all, i did not misplace a single pass and I haven't played a game of PES in months. and going by my playing of PES2017, if i had gone even a few weeks without playing and gone straight to manual i would have been all over the place. So it's safe to say assistance wise at least, it's nowhere near manual if it's even changed at all, however the general feeling of passing does feel good.

I only counted one backheel from the AI which was an intricate one touch pass to set up a shot and it felt relevant, I had 2 backheels, both of which were in the last 10 mins when i was trying to ping pong one touch it deliberately to see if there was any error (there wasn't but 2 backheels did come of it) so unfortunately it looks like backheels will be a reward for a player that just wants to hammer the X button as soon as they receive the ball.

Physicality wise the game feels ok, better than videos, I fouled the AI once and it was an innocuous PES5 like tackle, i didn't receive a single foul however the slower pace of the game and the 5 min match definitely didn't help. need to play some more games to really see if there's been any improvements there.

Didn't really get any shots away to judge shooting, but going to play a few more games now and see how it goes.

my 1 game impression is that it's clearly better than PES2018 but some areas that needed improving don't seem to be... now, to play more!

PA1 was hardly going to be manual, that's what PA0 is for. I think the idea was that it felt more free than before, not as in manual.

ok... one game in.. (full manual pass and shoot, Superstar, Me Argies vs Flamengo)
Well I have to say its all positives for me except for two things (mentioned below)

+Graphics a lot better..
+Speed perfect
+More weighty than pes2019... wow.. feels great.. as do the passing and shooting... I think the ball sound has also been Improved to aid this weightiness. Its kinda louder/bass-ier (if that's a word...not)..
+got 4 fouls against me … I know its only first game..but that's good
+Ball physics improved big time..
+Noticed Defensive AI now clear it when in danger.. didn't see the unrealistic ping pong to get the ball out of danger.. when I pressed their defenders in a tight area, they would hoof it upfield or out.. happened 3 times first game.
+Noticed 2 passing errors by offensive AI..thats something.. considering it was only 5 minutes...

Some negatives.. maybe some premature as it was first game.. but yeah here goes...

-Mentioned before: FKs too easy.. I had one... with Messi.. scored my first Fk in a while..seemed too easy.. or I fluked it..but 1 out of 1 for me... well based on other others saying same thing, im guessing its too easy to score with FKs.. needs to either be more sensitive and prone to error (skying it) or keepers need improvement.. I reckon it needs to be more sensitive..

- I was fking brilliant on manual passing.. either im really good or its the fact that ive gone full manual for last 4 years.. I was also good on pes2018... just hoping its not more assisted.. and hope its gonna be also based on player attributes.. we'll see..

- The demo is only 5mins long.. get outta here Konami..

anyways... I tell you.. its quite a bit better than 2018.. feeling wise.. and visually...

just one game so far. the game looks absolutely stunning! 5 minutes is not enough to do anything though. only had one shot at goal.

First things first passing is the same as 2018. Absolutely not manual at all
3ca20821b64d2e6d2b5f4378dbf07a21.gif

On default difficulty, have already scored three low-powered, low shots. Just crept right under the keeper each time/

The 5 minute time limit is annoying, I'm not going to buy the game if the fouls are at PES 2018 frequency. Guess I'll have to wait until I see the impressions of people who get the full game at the end of the month. :D

Played one match online but quit during 1st half because it was boring, in my oppinion:

Passing, defending and shooting still as easy ever.

Scored within three minutes from a clunky messy looking goal.

No catchup yet so Imbappe and Griezman got through almost every time, yawn.

Graphics and colour scheme is wonderful, looks amazing.

I'll buy it for sure but can also see me sticking with FIFA 17, the amount of error aplied to everything and all stats mattering even on default assists in that game is what I hoped for PES 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom