PES 2019 Demo Impressions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is KONAMI.

In the recent demos we´ve been granted to play 10 mins and now it´s back to 5.
Well....better than no demo...but...that really stinks.

Didn't know convo had moved threads so...

Played one match online but quit during 1st half because it was boring, in my oppinion:

• Passing, defending and shooting still as easy ever.
  • Scored within three minutes from a clunky messy looking goal.
  • No catchup yet so Imbappe and Griezman got through almost every time, yawn.
  • Graphics and colour scheme is wonderful, looks amazing.

I'll buy it for sure but can also see me sticking with FIFA 17, the amount of error aplied to everything and all stats mattering even on default assists in that game is what I hoped for PES 19.

First game, PA1 and basic shooting, feels much better than pes2018 in every aspect. Dribbling, shooting and ball physics. Playing AC vs inter was a blast. Although honestly I don't remember once I hated a pes demo.

5 minutes is super short.

Had a quick one Liverpool vs Barcelona Super Star / FUMA settings with advanced throughball.

70% possession vs Barca??? and PA0 feels super easy, maybe even easier than in 2018 and very much pass to foot. Nearly 88% pass accuracy without trying hard :THINK:

Game feels heavier and slower.

2nd game Palmeiras vs Barcelona with the same settings, lost 1-0 in the last minute by failing miserably to play a manual offside trap against messi who went through one on one, brought the keeper out manually but it was a good angle and a good goal.

fouls wise i received my first foul after 3 mins and barca also got a yellow card, it was one of classic ones where i cut back to cross and the barca player took my standing foot away, I should have had another foul after a give and go but the ref played a good advantage. I didn't concede any fouls myself this time.

had a couple of shots, a real nice one from range that WASN'T a rocket piledriver, just a good effort that was saved... i would say well but the keeper did that weird dive forward-to-the-side animation that defies physics which ruined the look and feel for me.

Palmeiras have that awful 4-3-3 formation with 2 DMF an AMF and LWF CF RWF which really does lead to nowhere to pass and no midfield, i can imagine these formations being picked up online for those ridiculous end to end games that you've seen on youtube.

I do again think the game has improved, and i reckon some 15-20 min match lengths offline will create some really nice realistic games.

one more thing on PA1 passing, it's actually a joke that people have come out and said its manual like, it looks and feels nice, but its as assisted as its ever been. going to try manual for one more game before i get back to work

Some more random impressions:
  • PA1 isn't free, but it is more tuned: smaller taps generally mean smaller passes. So the power gauge side of things is preferable to before.
  • Some dodgy AI: I was faffing around with a defender in my box, the COM attacker was hassling me; I went closer to keeper, he just ran back down the pitch away from me.
  • The pace is definitely slower.
  • Players take more time to control the ball; more tackles as a result; not much AI aggression in general though.
  • Looks lovely.
  • Low shots seem OP atm, but only regular difficulty
  • Can't do square layoffs with X, but Triangle layoffs seem more accurate and less "WTF?! I didn't mean THAT!!" than before.
Early days though!

Have to go out now. I'm sure you'll all have many thoughts on the demo.

So online matches are 10 minutes long though. Probably they forced offline matches to 5 minutes because they are still tweaking matches against AI.

Played one match online but quit during 1st half because it was boring, in my oppinion:

Passing, defending and shooting still as easy ever.

Scored within three minutes from a clunky messy looking goal.

No catchup yet so Imbappe and Griezman got through almost every time, yawn.

Graphics and colour scheme is wonderful, looks amazing.

I'll buy it for sure but can also see me sticking with FIFA 17, the amount of error aplied to everything and all stats mattering even on default assists in that game is what I hoped for PES 19.
That's a downer!
Want to ask question but rather play it myself.
If the gameplay is a hair better than pes2018, I think I'll still enjoy it. Hopefully, they didn't made the gameplay worse.
That's how low my expectations went after seeing the DEMO videos this last few days.

Ok.. ok.. im sorta getting excited I know..but 2nd game.. shalke vs flamengo… lost this time to a great mid range goal down centre. Now im not sure if this is the case.. but im sorta getting excited for this reason: with shalke (instead of using Argentina as I did before) on full manual, I made many more errors …. I really hope it wasn't me just having a poor 2nd game, but that full manual is infact using attributes as a factor. Tbc with that one..

+Ball sound is much much improved... the kicks sound heavier, making the weight of the game feel heavier if that makes sense.. nobody mentioned this before..but yeah its better.
+Ai, definitely making more error passing on superstar.. got 3 in my 2nd game... over hit ground balls, and one overhit high ball.
+I play on 5 zoom, 10height, and 10 angle.. and its so much better than the angles I saw in the videos.. that closeness just adds something.

one last positive...which happened in first game aswell as my 2nd game:
+Ai defence are more aggressive to pressure and close me down in my half.. ie. they press my defenders more than ive seen in 2018. Very evident :)

starting my 3rd game :) May used Low team vs. top team on superstar

That's a downer!
If it's a hair better than pes2018, I think I'll still enjoy it. Hopefully, they didn't made it worse.
That's how low my expectations went after seeing the DEMO videos this last few days.

It's better than 18 because it looks better and feels a bit more heavy, hard to explain but player error is basically same as 18, non existant.

Didn't know convo had moved threads so...

Passing, defending and shooting still as easy ever.

Scored within three minutes from a clunky messy looking goal.

No catchup yet so Imbappe and Griezman got through almost every time, yawn.

Graphics and colour scheme is wonderful, looks amazing.

So, if you quit the in the first half, how long did you play it?

Ok.. ok.. im sorta getting excited I know..but 2nd game.. shalke vs flamengo… lost this time to a great mid range goal down centre. Now im not sure if this is the case.. but im sorta getting excited for this reason: with shalke (instead of using Argentina as I did before) on full manual, I made many more errors …. I really hope it wasn't me just having a poor 2nd game, but that full manual is infact using attributes as a factor. Tbc with that one..

+Ball sound is much much improved... the kicks sound heavier, making the weight of the game feel heavier if that makes sense.. nobody mentioned this before..but yeah its better.
+Ai, definitely making more error passing on superstar.. got 3 in my 2nd game... over hit ground balls, and one overhit high ball.
+I play on 5 zoom, 10height, and 10 angle.. and its so much better than the angles I saw in the videos.. that closeness just adds something.

one last positive...which happened in first game aswell as my 2nd game:
+Ai defence are more aggressive to pressure and close me down in my half.. ie. they press my defenders more than ive seen in 2018. Very evident :)

starting my 3rd game :) May used Low team vs. top team on superstar

"It's better than 18 because it looks better and feels a bit more heavy, hard to explain but player error is basically same as 18, non existant."

Said that on other thread so get you on the weight thing.

Manual passing being harder with weaker teams has always been the case.

That's a downer!
If the gameplay is a hair better than pes2018, I think I'll still enjoy it. Hopefully, they didn't made the gameplay worse.

Come on, man :P

You won´t lose hope because of one negative review now, will ya?

In the demo thread are quite a few totally different expressions^^.

Exactly. "Borderline manual" was the term.

Maybe "Free as a caged bird" is more accurate based on the impressions so far. :D

Apart from the ridiculous time limit the impressions are more positive than I expected so far, so that's promising at least.

Has anyone noticed a difference in AI playing styles depending on the team? I suppose tactics aren't completely setup for each team but still.

last update from me, i changed to manual for the last game, Liverpool vs Monaco and naturally i started spraying to ball to nobody, PA0 gap to PA1 is the same.

I received one proper foul which i was happy with, and then i got a second foul... oh, wait, no the AI defender took out salah as he reached outstretched for the ball and the foul went TO MONACO :CURSE::CURSE:

I didn't see a single backheel in my last two games, and unfortunately, my games were all basically stalemates on the pitch barely any shots all round, hence my earlier comment of longer matches perhaps being the way to go if you want to play a more methodical game.

can't decide whether my enjoyment is because i've had a few months away from the game or if it's genuinely good, there are still multiple annoyances that havent gone and nor did I expect them to really.

really wish there was longer game lengths in this demo to get an even better impression... will be playing this demo a bit more though over the next week or so, definitely don't want to throw my controller away jut yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom