PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Okay, make of this what you will.

When manual control was introduced in PES2011 I could swear I felt my dribbling was better using it. I remember back in the WENB days I mentioned it to Adam and he said that *maybe* it is due pressing the manual button means you have a dial that allows you move through a full 360 degrees smoothly, and that *maybe* this isn't strictly the case with standard dribbling movement. I dunno, more angles to move meaning shielding dribbles can then be more of a thing. Might try it later but giving the other game a wee run out just now.

Please note: I know Adam gets a power of abuse round here but he is a decent lad, and wasn't in anyway claiming this was the case using the manual control button, and he was just throwing an opinion out there on it but he even said he didn't look to use it in that fashion anyway.

There are, without doubt, little hidden things in the mechanics. Not to have a dig at the other game, but where they talk about things like driven pass, PES has it too: Hold the manual controls button down with L1 and double tap circle = a driven pass. It is harder to get right and control if not using the right player, but it does work as a driven pass. Did in PES2016, I know that much. Can even use it, or just Manual Controls button + L1 then circle to shoot. You can get some lovely wee animations as a result of using it depending on direction facing in relation to the goal.

yeah, i'll try driven pass.
what you posted above more angles to move meaning shielding dribbles can then be more of a thing....i think that's it.

There are two things starting to annoy me a lil with this game which I hope can be recitified via a patch, back heel passes are too accurate and I'm really starting to hate seeing that all the time and the lob pass I don't see any individual difference there, even the worst stat lofted passer can give a straight lofted pass to the feet, that shouldn't be happening.

There are, without doubt, little hidden things in the mechanics. Not to have a dig at the other game, but where they talk about things like driven pass, PES has it too: Hold the manual controls button down with L1 and double tap circle = a driven pass. It is harder to get right and control if not using the right player, but it does work as a driven pass. Did in PES2016, I know that much. Can even use it, or just Manual Controls button + L1 then circle to shoot. You can get some lovely wee animations as a result of using it depending on direction facing in relation to the goal.

That's the early cross, OO just makes it lower. To be honest, this was way too accurate in 16, it was a completely laser guided pass, it was one of the most OP features last year. I tried it, but might as well go assisted if I'm using it. It's still more accurate than it should be in 17, it doesn't feel manual at all. The amount of power in your input doesn't even decide the strength and distance of the pass. I'm not sure why they didn't make it more manual

Try L1+R2 long balls, nice swerve and great ballance between lofted ball and early cross. not sure this command is shown in controls menu but is very effective if you have tall players forward ;)

There are two things starting to annoy me a lil with this game which I hope can be recitified via a patch, back heel passes are too accurate and I'm really starting to hate seeing that all the time and the lob pass I don't see any individual difference there, even the worst stat lofted passer can give a straight lofted pass to the feet, that shouldn't be happening.

I agree with the lofted passes. I tried using manual passing yesterday and after a while, once I was better at it I could hit great lofted passed with players with high stats and low stats. I could could also miss place easy passes with players like Kroos just as easy as some unknown bulgarian. So for me individuality dropped out of the window. Put it on PA1 and suddenly everyone can play high lofted passes like kroos.

Really could do with PA1 being PA2 and the new PA1 being something that really takes stats into account.

To be honest, grass has always bit like that in PES and i actually came to appreciated over time mostly because their weird grass colour is good to have a better 3D sense and contrast with players models. It also has that vintage feeling i like. I found the oversaturared fifa grass a bit cartoonish...in that sense sometimes i prefer a different approach.

I always found modded grass took away the three dimensional feeling and make everything looks flat.

As i said, what i can't stand is night lighting but is some stadia is bearable. But i still think that PS2 pes had better texture for stadia, everything now looks a bit plastic and fake even with all these HD textures. Also i really think a well done 2D crowd would be better than the 3d ones, played some pes5 last night to compare and indeed as i was playing the game the crowd looked more realistic.

AH and in the Master League there is the usual non sense...BUFFON has had a red arrow for 5 games in a row and his stats are obscenes at the moment for some reason i don't understand. Now a keeper is supposed to be able to play all games...it does not tire like the other players...

To be honest, grass has always bit like that in PES and i actually came to appreciated over time mostly because their weird grass colour is good to have a better 3D sense and contrast with players models. It also has that vintage feeling i like. I found the oversaturared fifa grass a bit cartoonish...in that sense sometimes i prefer a different approach.

I always found modded grass took away the three dimensional feeling and make everything looks flat.

As i said, what i can't stand is night lighting but is some stadia is bearable. But i still think that PS2 pes had better texture for stadia, everything now looks a bit plastic and fake even with all these HD textures. Also i really think a well done 2D crowd would be better than the 3d ones, played some pes5 last night to compare and indeed as i was playing the game the crowd looked more realistic.

AH and in the Master League there is the usual non sense...BUFFON has had a red arrow for 5 games in a row and his stats are obscenes at the moment for some reason i don't understand. Now a keeper is supposed to be able to play all games...it does not tire like the other players...
yeah but the details from above like cleat marks and wear isn't there, also on goal kicks no 3d grass, it looks like put put carpet.

i use a low and pretty close up cameras, from distance game looks like grap tbh....also i like it for close dribbling. Yes i gotta "radar" a lot, but that's how i like to play my games.
Think i am on zoom 4, height 2, angle 6 or something like that. Which reminds me of old pes2 pes broadcast.

The game is still good but couple of things that i am noticing
-Manual shooting is way too overpowered.
-Manual shooting headers are unresponsive - sometimes players just don't jump
-There seems to be a force field at times when you run down the wing - i literally ran down the wing with jordan henderson and an everton player approached him to tackle then he bounced off nothing and retreated back to midfield letting me get to the byline unchallenged.
-Still not enough fouls - i got one against Everton - Merseyside derby ..still seeing zero in lots of games
-Advantage rule is broken , ive said this before
-I not convinced with team styles - i need to play more but after playing leeds everton felt the same to me

-There seems to be a force field at times when you run down the wing - i literally ran down the wing with jordan henderson and an everton player approached him to tackle then he bounced off nothing and retreated back to midfield letting me get to the byline unchallenged.
-Still not enough fouls - i got one against Everton - Merseyside derby ..still seeing zero in lots of games
-I not convinced with team styles - i need to play more but after playing leeds everton felt the same to me

Manual shooting for me seems about right.

For fouls.... in the Merseyside derby i got about 6 or 7 freekicks but only 1 in a dangerous spot.

Ive only managed about 10 manual headers in two weeks normally i miss them.

I was going to complain about not hitting manual headers from corners on goal, but then I converted two in back to back matches. Guess I have just been unlucky. Both came from the "dash" corner strategy.

I've had a much easier time scoring headers from open play.

Got a couple of questions (Im new to PES, so sorry if they are lame):

1) I play only online, if the OF is applied (kits, teams...) does it affect online games? Or online teams, kits and logos are always the default ones?
2) Im getting really tired of the overpowered through balls which are used all the time by online players, so Ill probably try manual passing (I hope it will be more difficult to master so through balls wont be so effective, correct me if Im wrong :). If I choose the filter "Same pass assitance as me (dont know how exactly is it called in the game)" when creating an online game and I have set mine to full manual, will also the shooting be manual or this setting affects only passing?

Got a couple of questions (Im new to PES, so sorry if they are lame):

1) I play only online, if the OF is applied (kits, teams...) does it affect online games? Or online teams, kits and logos are always the default ones?
2) Im getting really tired of the overpowered through balls which are used all the time by online players, so Ill probably try manual passing (I hope it will be more difficult to master so through balls wont be so effective, correct me if Im wrong :). If I choose the filter "Same pass assitance as me (dont know how exactly is it called in the game)" when creating an online game and I have set mine to full manual, will also the shooting be manual or this setting affects only passing?

1) Kits and emblems will show online, not corrected names for fake players or if you for example have changed Messis boots.

2) Only passing. My feeling though is that most players who play with manual passing also have manual shooting. This is for Online Divisions, I have no idea about MyClub.

Konami have improved the online stability with today's maintenance btw according to info from their official twitter account. Good news!

Lofted pass stat is subject to opinion though it shouldnt be.

I think its like this..

The stat effects the difficulty of which the pass can be successful in tight areas congested with the opposition.

In my opinion all professional players can andshould be able to pull off a high pass to a player unmarked easily. But not a player marked by someone.

anyone know why neymar and messi's appearance arent updated? i thought thats what live update includes as well
anfield16-9L8NGfQt.png

1) Kits and emblems will show online, not corrected names for fake players or if you for example have changed Messis boots.

2) Only passing. My feeling though is that most players who play with manual passing also have manual shooting. This is for Online Divisions, I have no idea about MyClub.

Konami have improved the online stability with today's maintenance btw according to info from their official twitter account. Good news!

Thank you :) I dont understand why theres no option to filter manual shooting along with manual passing. Its just nonsense.

I really find variation in power when it comes to manual shooting, I also no longer can score screamers like I used in previous PES versions. As far as fouls there is no doubt there are much more that it used to be. I am getting many fouls each games. Probably depends on your style of play

Back
Top Bottom