PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

then might be about time to wear the big man pants an start playing on full manual....i wanna see if you can have those stats on manual passing and manual shooting...

I just re-read my message from last night and I meant to say I was on PA1. I have had a few games since with PA0 and after inititally hating it, it grew on me and the last match I had was fantastic! And the best bit, I had to bump the difficulty back to professional!

Thanks everyone who suggested go and change the settings. I was worried player stats wouldnt work the same, but they work great.

Update: 16 league games, 13 at night....

Couple of things: free kicks on the goalie side go in way too easily, scored 3/4 with pjanic. Couldn't score on the other post yet. I missed the old free kick system though.

Refs started pissing me off, way too soft on gpu fouling.

I really hate cpu goal kicks when my team apply no pressure and the keepers pass it on the far side. I am set on aggressive pressure, all out attack, losing the game and my players are spread 30 meters from the box on goal Kick...wtf...I am missing something?

Night Rain games display the worst lighting I have seen in a video game...almost reminded me of the infamous blue fountain stadium in old pes...the one which would make you blind...

Minor things really, games play beautifully overall. If we only had a day time selector...

Update: 16 league games, 13 at night....

Couple of things: free kicks on the goalie side go in way too easily, scored 3/4 with pjanic. Couldn't score on the other post yet. I missed the old free kick system though.

Refs started pissing me off, way too soft on gpu fouling.

I really hate cpu goal kicks when my team apply no pressure and the keepers pass it on the far side. I am set on aggressive pressure, all out attack, losing the game and my players are spread 30 meters from the box on goal Kick...wtf...I am missing something?

Night Rain games display the worst lighting I have seen in a video game...almost reminded me of the infamous blue fountain stadium in old pes...the one which would make you blind...

Minor things really, games play beautifully overall. If we only had a day time selector...

Despite it generally being a really good game, there are a few niggles allright.

- CPU getting away with murder while you get freekicks against you for nothing
- Players slide tackling when you try to shoot a loose ball (and getting cards for it)
- Refs wearing same color shirts as one of the teams
- I wish I could choose whether I wanted to log online or not
- "Tight marking" on a player will be unlocked if he's subbed, couldn't you just apply tight marking to whoever comes on?
- Too easy to disposess the opponents very high up the pitch with team mate pressure even on top player (super easy on professional)
- Shooting doesn't feel right, something generic and "too fast" about it (I haven't adjusted fully to it yet though)
- Too many cut scenes, I wish there were none except replay after a goal
- I wish you could take all freekicks quickly (except for the yellow card ones)

Mostly minor stuff though. The refs being the most annoying.

I agree with your points there.

In particular tackling lost any meaning after pes5 where you would needef to time it correctly or it would be a free kick. Due to 5 years old bitching about fouling konami decided to dumb defense down. Now u just need to run into a player to steal the ball. Stupid and fifaesque. It has been like that for 10 years now.

Ball physics on crossing is also dodgy to say the least. Basically the ball feels like a stone.

These 2 major gameplay issues.

Anyway I noticed if you tick the fluid formation for the cpu teams games become much more fun.

I read in some other places people complaining about night games...I wish konami would address this issue.

And it would be about time to have an option to deactivate replays after offside and fouls...skipping replays and cutscene is boring.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention, the always present catch up bug....i don't mind it too much as it is a actually a good feature for online games, but offline sometimes it's pretty ridicolous how a slow midfielder can catch up a superfast winger on a counter.

anyway next time i'll try to do some training for my poor dribbling.

TIP:
i just read somewhere that if you want a credible home away calendar you gotta put your team in the bologna slot in the ML, which i take it means you gotta put your team on the first slot of whatever legue you are playing.
Not sure it works, i'll give it a try tonight.

Also someone suggests that if you put day in the menu for friendly games you'll get more day games in the ml. sounds bs to me but with konami you never know...

Last edited:
So...long time lurker and first time poster.

I have to say this year Konami has mostly got it right after the disappointment of previous years. I always thought reviewers had been far too kind with the scores with 16, 15 and 14.

This years is a really good step forward. I like the variation with the goals, the toughness of the goalkeepers, the fluidity, the fact we have hexaganol nets! They've fixed alot of annoyances from last year and i'm grateful to have a very addictive game in my hands, fully updated to the latest kits.

However like anything to do with Pes theres room for improvement and some downsides. Firstly, daytime pitches as mentioned previously are horrendous, far too light. I'm finding playing a few night games in certain stadia look more appealing. I think for the most part Konami have got the CPU playing some good robust footy, however sometimes the CPU is too quick to go forward in my opinion that reduces the game to an end to end craze fest. Some teams go long straight from the kick off which feels a little odd.

Other annoyances - well I've been trying to beat CArpi for a week on full manual and professional and at times it's ridiculous. It's like trying to bypass a wall. They always manage to get a tackle or block in, they always quickly get back into position even if theyve had six men on the attack and they chase you down like mini terminators! Stamina doesnt seem to come into play....

Hangovers from last year? Well you still cant play with the full repitoir of balls in exhibition mode for some reason. Theres still only 10 replay spots (why?) and theres a lack of stadia.

But all in all very addictive. i'll pick Fifa up tomorrow and hopefully we'll have two good games for the year. For me FIFA plays a better game of Premier League football and Pes plays a better European game.

Forgot to mention, the always present catch up bug....i don't mind it too much as it is a actually a good feature for online games, but offline sometimes it's pretty ridicolous how a slow midfielder can catch up a superfast winger on a counter.

It seems not to be so easy to get past defenders with a fast player like in PES 2012 where almost everyone had Barretto, Van der Mirch, Walcott and so on in their teams.
But on the other hand it shouldn´t be so hard to do so with a fast player.

I have to test it out, sometimes I think a "catchup bug" is there and in some situations I feel like I´m really faster than the defenders, at least for a couple of seconds.

Or has anyone else tested this here? I remember those comparison videos of 2015 (or was it 2016?) where someone used two players with very different speed stats running from one end of the pitch to the other.

It seems not to be so easy to get past defenders with a fast player like in PES 2012 where almost everyone had Barretto, Van der Mirch, Walcott and so on in their teams.

I have to test it out, sometimes I think a "catchup bug" is there and in some situations I feel like I´m really faster than the defenders, at least for a couple of seconds.

Or has anyone else tested this here? I remember those comparison videos of 2015 (or was it 2016?) where someone used two players with very different speed stats running from one end of the pitch to the other.

If the arrows are up someone like Mane can speed burst past players but they do come back at you, it's very hard to outrun them.

i find good dribblers with speed capable of doing it, not for long like fifa were you can run the full pitch distance.

1 Schedule
No excuses for that Konami,needs to be fixed,if you start of a ML with for example AC Milan like I've done,you could be in for 2 home games the first 7-8 games

2 Options
I should be able to have more options in my ML,making transfers harder to get
Way to easy now
I think that 16 was much better in that aspect.

Got to admit the referees are driving me a little crazy, in terms of the CPU getting away with murder. When you do a quick change of direction and they slide-tackle you (i.e. when it's an obvious foul), you get it, but every other situation they get away with (whereas the human player wouldn't). Almost makes me think they don't understand the problem we had with 2016 ref-wise...

Got to admit the referees are driving me a little crazy, in terms of the CPU getting away with murder. When you do a quick change of direction and they slide-tackle you (i.e. when it's an obvious foul), you get it, but every other situation they get away with (whereas the human player wouldn't). Almost makes me think they don't understand the problem we had with 2016 ref-wise...
Assisted or manual Chris?
May sound like a stupid question,but never,or at least had little problems with that when I play manual passing.
When I played two ML games on PA1 the game played exactly how you describe it.
That looseness of the ball and players not being able to controll the ball on manual makes for much more freekicks,and in situations like you've described them

May sound like a stupid question,but never,or at least had little problems with that when I play manual passing.
When I played two ML games on PA1 the game played exactly how you describe it.
That looseness of the ball and players not being able to controll the ball on manual makes for much more freekicks,and in situations like you've described them

I agree with you. I play manual now and I am getting 7-8 Fouls against me every single time.

I was shocked how few freekicks I had on Pa1
I had one in each game I played,on manual it's at least 7-8 a game.
It down to the ball physics and players having a hard time controlling the ball

Yes Exactly! Thats where the player attributes comes in handy. Since its hard to score in open play, a good crosser and tall players are important more than ever. Just like in real football :YES:

Tried playing this Online the other day and my god it was LAGGY as hell! Konami still don't appear to have the infrastructure sorted for this which after god knows how many years of PES games being online is simply UNACCEPTABLE!

I have lots of little issues with the gameplay but shooting and crosses into the box are my biggest. I'd like to see crosses in to the box tweaked as soon as possible through a patch.

Last edited:

yep had at least two nailed on trips in the box last night and got nothing.

I can`t belive how much this game truly represent football games. I am playing master league with Palermo, last night I played the game until 2 am in the night. Last league game was away against Juventus. before the match I set two tactics for defence trying to literally park the bus behind my goal and hit Juve on counter attacs. I was defending properly but after my mistake in opposition half juve created counter attack and scored goal like all big teams do in real life, I was amazed how that action showed individual skills from juve players becouse counter was performed with 3 first time touches. after that I opened the game and start to attack more agressive but with patience and set attacking tactics to long balls trying to find my CF. Chielini and Barzagli were awesome in the air but somehow after early cross I scored with header and literraly jumped from the chair with satisfaction becouse I know how hard I worked for that goal. in the 75` minute after corner ball go to shambles and i scored again, delirium! set tactics to my default and park the bus again and Juve press me again but with no sucess. Like a story, every game feels different. I simply love this game!!!

A while ago Chris Davies wondered why his teammates stopped running when he tried to send them on a run. I've just found this in the online manual:

"A player who is low on stamina will stop running even when you try to execute "Teammate Controls". However, this does not apply to players who possess the "Tenacity" skill."

I was looking at the manual to confirm that L2 has no effect on dribbling - it doesn't.

PESUniverse are tweeting that anybody that is offering bundesliga in an option file has stolen it from them :THINK:

PESUniverse are tweeting that anybody that is offering bundesliga in an option file has stolen it from them :THINK:

Pro Evo editing community was here long before them. They're charlatans of a suspicious kind and I feel they will try to cause in fighting to be detrimental to the game. Just watch this space.

The edit community was never ever about third party teams disbanding and forming as some sort of official/unofficial fix for the game. Like "PES Universe" are pretending to be. Trust me.

The game doesnt need people like this in or around it. They will poison it like FIFA's demographic has done.

A while ago Chris Davies wondered why his teammates stopped running when he tried to send them on a run. I've just found this in the online manual:

"A player who is low on stamina will stop running even when you try to execute "Teammate Controls". However, this does not apply to players who possess the "Tenacity" skill."

Thx a lot!
It makes sense then

*Plays world's smallest violin*

I applied the Global PES United patch to my 360 version of the game last night (yes I'm a last-gen peasant) - it contained the Bundesliga. I highly doubt it was taken from PESUniverse. Anyone stuck on 360, get a patch like this - it's great. It even has some new stadiums.

PA1 - I find it looks really weird playing on PA0 and hitting terrible, not even professional-standard passes (I'm terrible at it, I wish I could switch to something in-between).

I'll give PA0 a go tonight just to see if it affects the foul count, but even on PA1, I'll clearly have possession of the ball, the AI will barge me off it and the player will go flying, but play will carry on. It's a definite foul and it's definitely ignored - it's only if they mistime a sliding tackle that I see them concede a foul.

I think it's all down to how the game classes AI tackles - it's completely black-and-white, deliberate fouls are "spotted" but fouls that the AI didn't intend to commit, aren't. If the AI causes your player to fall over, even if it doesn't get the ball, but it didn't INTEND to foul you (i.e. it wasn't deliberate on the AI's part, but rather it's because you moved in a way it wasn't expecting), no foul is given.

Brilliant, thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom