PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Putting a guest user into the game completely removes the option file changes :BLINK:, and I can't log another user on my account... So I can basically only play 1 on 1 with kits if the other user has a PSN login name?

Putting a guest user into the game completely removes the option file changes :BLINK:, and I can't log another user on my account... So I can basically only play 1 on 1 with kits if the other user has a PSN login name?

turn on the second controller at team select fixes it i think

*Plays world's smallest violin*

I applied the Global PES United patch to my 360 version of the game last night (yes I'm a last-gen peasant) - it contained the Bundesliga. I highly doubt it was taken from PESUniverse. Anyone stuck on 360, get a patch like this - it's great. It even has some new stadiums.
How do you patch on Xbox.
I use to be able to,but then Microsoft stopped importing

PA1 - I find it looks really weird playing on PA0 and hitting terrible, not even professional-standard passes (I'm terrible at it, I wish I could switch to something in-between).

I'll give PA0 a go tonight just to see if it affects the foul count, but even on PA1, I'll clearly have possession of the ball, the AI will barge me off it and the player will go flying, but play will carry on. It's a definite foul and it's definitely ignored - it's only if they mistime a sliding tackle that I see them concede a foul.

I think it's all down to how the game classes AI tackles - it's completely black-and-white, deliberate fouls are "spotted" but fouls that the AI didn't intend to commit, aren't. If the AI causes your player to fall over, even if it doesn't get the ball, but it didn't INTEND to foul you (i.e. it wasn't deliberate on the AI's part, but rather it's because you moved in a way it wasn't expecting), no foul is given.

Brilliant, thanks a lot!
You'll see a big difference,I saw the opposite going to pa1.
Which is for kids Chris :)
Shape up son

Last edited:
The throw outs are dodgy .. you have to put a lot of pressure on the buttons to get distance. .. .you don't feel confident in where the ball is going to end up.

I'm finding this depends on stats, the higher rated ones feel more consistent like last year. Also, long throw ability has like 100% accuracy. Maybe the errors from low rated keeper are too exaggerated, but I do like the idea of some errors, from time to time. Hopefully they tone it down in a patch, but not remove the errors completely

PA1 - I find it looks really weird playing on PA0 and hitting terrible, not even professional-standard passes (I'm terrible at it, I wish I could switch to something in-between).

I'll give PA0 a go tonight just to see if it affects the foul count, but even on PA1, I'll clearly have possession of the ball, the AI will barge me off it and the player will go flying, but play will carry on. It's a definite foul and it's definitely ignored - it's only if they mistime a sliding tackle that I see them concede a foul.

I think it's all down to how the game classes AI tackles - it's completely black-and-white, deliberate fouls are "spotted" but fouls that the AI didn't intend to commit, aren't. If the AI causes your player to fall over, even if it doesn't get the ball, but it didn't INTEND to foul you (i.e. it wasn't deliberate on the AI's part, but rather it's because you moved in a way it wasn't expecting), no foul is given.

Brilliant, thanks a lot!

Chris, the manual passing in the full game is already "something in-between". It's less manual than it was in the demo, now might be the time to give it a try. Just be aware, the COM is still more or less assisted, so they are not subject to the same errors as your are.

It also feels that your inputs can't override stats as easily. Shooting is hard for me tho, I can't seem to shoot at anything than the face of keeper. And when I do get the top/bottom corner, the keeper makes a world class save. But like anything else, it probably just takes time..

Other things I'm feeling at the moment....compared to the demo, there is less human-based finger input errors, but more player individuality-based errors (occasionally I see one touch error from low rated players, also errors from passing with awkward body shape/leg swing). 180 passes for some reason, is still too easy.

If you hit the post without the goalie touching the ball, the penalty taker isn't allowed to score the rebound. Pretty sure that's why it didn't let you take control of him.

Is this true? When did this rule come in? I remember Xabi Alonso scoring from his pen miss in the 05 CL FINAL.

The one thing that is annoying me the most in this game is the inconsistent game speed and player response in Master league.

Set permanently on 0 game speed with the same grass length and pitch conditions.

1 game will be very responsive I can be thumping Man city and Spurs etc with Liverpool away from home due to perfect passing one touch play gegenpress etc.

Next game at home to Sunderland they thrash me 1-3 just because my players can't turn fast enough or respond quickly to passes. I really have to play a perfect game to score a goal against a weaker side. It's as if my players are moving at -1 game speed where as the other team is a 0.

Don't have a clue why this happens but it feels scripted. Frustrating.

Other than that I have no complaints.

im really enjoying the master league i started a new one with the default team and man am i struggling on superstar to score i actually was like F**KING YES when i scraped a draw vs perugia when my center forward headed in from a corner in the 88th minute still currently sitting bottom of serie B after 9 games with only 2 points from draws i have seen some really good AI goals against me almost human like and also seen the AI attempt to win a penalty with a dive when i was 1-0 up the whistle went and i was like oh piss off i won the ball but it was a free kick to me and the commentary said about him diving plus he got booked

i wanted to ask has anyone had an issue of when your cf is through on goal he had like a micro slow down and gets caught by the cb's? tried 2 different controllers and still it happens i hope its something im pressing and not a cheap AI cheat to stop me scoring..

also adam replied to me on twitter about the stadium edit bug he said he doesnt know how they will fix it weirdly the edits work in the coppa italia you play away and the cpu team will have its edits showing but in the league stadiums will rest to default i hope its fixed in a patch because its so much better for immersion.when did the first patch hit for 2016 i cant remember?

Anyone have any tips for dribbling? Nothing extravagant and 'fake', just useful stuff based on the situation.

The training mode isn't doing it for me and I miss the good old days of the double tap R2 step over.

..I can be thumping Man city and Spurs etc with Liverpool away from home due to perfect passing one touch play gegenpress etc.

giphy.gif

you, my friend.
i'd hate to play you (or anyone who plays like this) on or offline

L2 is not a dribble modifier button. Why do you always hold it? Is it because you're using the broadcast camera?
i don't always hold it but you need it a lot for manual passing and shooting i also use it to change direction to keep the CPU off of me.
do you see the players come together at 12 second mark of video? L2 helps me keep the ball during impacts it will also help draw fouls.

also here at the 3 second mark my player stumbles but still mantains possession.
again at the 7 second mark drawing the yellow card

Last edited:
How do you patch on Xbox.
I use to be able to,but then Microsoft stopped importing

I'm not sure if Microsoft has stopped importing on the 360. I think the patch I used is acting like the data packs issued by KONAMI. It's got new stadiums so it's obviously not been patched in-game.

i don't always hold it but you need it a lot for manual passing and shooting i also use it to change direction to keep the CPU off of me.
do you see the players come together at 12 second mark of video? L2 helps me keep the ball during impacts it will also help draw fouls.

Well according to the manual L2 does not do any of the things you say it does. But it's KONAMI, so the manual might be wrong. :BRICK:

giphy.gif

you, my friend.
i'd hate to play you (or anyone who plays like this) on or offline
Haha I don't always play like this.. just illustrating the responsiveness when the game plays well and when it doesn't. I love to play the ball around the pitch with patience especially in defense... I don't pass back to Mignolet though :P

For as long as I can remember :)

Dida parried Alonso's peno first, it didn't hit the post.

Tom you never answered my legit post of the ball hitting the crossbar when a penalty was taken .hitting the keeper. . . and going in being disallowed . .the reason I know that it's true because in the sixties my uncle was a ref and I sent in the query to the kids comic the Hotspur and won a signed football.

Last edited:
i just got the centerback from hell on loan in my master league he plays for porto called Awaziem

he wouldnt mark anyone and i swear no lie he was WALKING up the pitch moaning about something with his hands out while the CPU were running past him on the attack?!? he did this the whole first half i hauled him off and he will be getting sent straight back to porto and a lifetime ban from the club.it must be to do with team spirit and his different familiarity with our team instructions granted thats a great idea but walking around like he was mentally ill is a bit too far by konami

Fifa out in an hour and this game still essentially unavailable online. They're either oblivious to how the vast majority play these games nowadays or simply don't care.

i just got the centerback from hell on loan in my master league he plays for porto called Awaziem

he wouldnt mark anyone and i swear no lie he was WALKING up the pitch moaning about something with his hands out while the CPU were running past him on the attack?!? he did this the whole first half i hauled him off and he will be getting sent straight back to porto and a lifetime ban from the club.it must be to do with team spirit and his different familiarity with our team instructions granted thats a great idea but walking around like he was mentally ill is a bit too far by konami

lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Let me tell you something for free.

There is a player, just like that, who plays for a small club with no history, called Chelsea Football Club. You might of heard of em. His name is David Luiz. So bad they needed to have a look at him twice to confirm it to themselves.

Bring him back they said, good idea they said.

Chelsea are really having a tough time of it at the moment, a 27 year old master league re-gen up front and David Luiz doing his own thing at the back. If I was Chelsea I'd trade myself in whilst I'm still worth £30 at CEX.

Tom you never answered my legit post of the ball hitting the crossbar when a penalty was taken .hitting the keeper. . . and going in being disallowed . .the reason I know that it's true because in the sixties my uncle was a ref and I sent in the query to the kids comic the Hotspur and won a signed football.

Haha, that's a nice little story!

Sorry if I missed or ignored that part of the post you're speaking of, though. I wasn't even born back in those days and don't know which penalty-related rules were installed and got changed over time. I didn't mean to doubt what you were saying by not replying to it :)

Let me tell you something for free.

There is a player, just like that, who plays for a small club with no history, called Chelsea Football Club. You might of heard of em. His name is David Luiz. So bad they needed to have a look at him twice to confirm it to themselves.

Bring him back they said, good idea they said.

Chelsea are really having a tough time of it at the moment, a 27 year old master league re-gen up front and David Luiz doing his own thing at the back. If I was Chelsea I'd trade myself in whilst I'm still worth £30 at CEX.
the only reason they resigned him was all the injuries at CB, he'll be sold or maybe moved up next to Kanté when Terry and Zuma come back.

iv'e never seen that in PES though.

Haha, that's a nice little story!

Sorry if I missed or ignored that part of the post you're speaking of, though. I wasn't even born back in those days and don't know which penalty-related rules were installed and got changed over time. I didn't mean to doubt what you were saying by not replying to it :)

True story Tom .. .a signed football came to my door a year after I sent the question in to the prestigious Hotspur .. .always wondered why that rule changed. .. . if it did. I cheated as my uncle was a ref .. and told me to send it in. Penalty . .. .. Ball against crossbar hits the keeper and goes in. .no goal .. .I'm sure I've seen it allowed since . ..so must be changed.... .Sure you probably never heard of the English comic the Hotspur Lol . .I'd say Superleeds might remember the comic.

Reactions: Tom
Well according to the manual L2 does not do any of the things you say it does. But it's KONAMI, so the manual might be wrong. :BRICK:

well, i added another video to that post showing more. i have tried without L2 and it doesn't work

Okay, make of this what you will.

When manual control was introduced in PES2011 I could swear I felt my dribbling was better using it. I remember back in the WENB days I mentioned it to Adam and he said that *maybe* it is due pressing the manual button means you have a dial that allows you move through a full 360 degrees smoothly, and that *maybe* this isn't strictly the case with standard dribbling movement. I dunno, more angles to move meaning shielding dribbles can then be more of a thing. Might try it later but giving the other game a wee run out just now.

Please note: I know Adam gets a power of abuse round here but he is a decent lad, and wasn't in anyway claiming this was the case using the manual control button, and he was just throwing an opinion out there on it but he even said he didn't look to use it in that fashion anyway.

There are, without doubt, little hidden things in the mechanics. Not to have a dig at the other game, but where they talk about things like driven pass, PES has it too: Hold the manual controls button down with L1 and double tap circle = a driven pass. It is harder to get right and control if not using the right player, but it does work as a driven pass. Did in PES2016, I know that much. Can even use it, or just Manual Controls button + L1 then circle to shoot. You can get some lovely wee animations as a result of using it depending on direction facing in relation to the goal.

Back
Top Bottom