PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I really find variation in power when it comes to manual shooting, I also no longer can score screamers like I used in previous PES versions. As far as fouls there is no doubt there are much more that it used to be. I am getting many fouls each games. Probably depends on your style of play
And one other thing I forgot.
I play on -1 game speed,which means,I fill up my shot meter slower than if I'd play on 0 game speed.
Which is a strange feature,should be the same for both,but my shooting at -1 and on manual pass is fantastic,rarely do I have time to get away screamers,most goals are semi hard deflected ones.
If you play 0 game speed and PA1-3 I'd take the critisism seriously,but using the settings I do,I don't.
It's like wondering/complaining why your beers gets to cold when you have the fridge turned up at max really

I haven't scored one long range screamer yet on assisted and I have hardly hit the target on manual so I must be shit at it.

Weak players are incredibly weak this year.
I'm shit to mate:)
But after almost two seasons all together on ML it's starting to click
One thing I can say,and I can understand why people moan,this game takes a bit of setting up,and massive tinkering with formations/tactics.
It's not as easy as to " got my 4-3-3 now I'm set lets go"
So much deeper than that,and I'm not lecturing you Z, writing for people who really has no clue.
The other game is so much easier just to pop in and enjoy
This one takes som fixing and,by reading this and other threads...knowledge.
Sorry for the long reflection Z

Been a long time since I last posted, but this year's PES (so far) deserves accolades. It's such a deep experience and, little issues aside, a wonderful game.

Does anyone know if a data base or list of all the real team names and players (including other clubs and national teams from around the world)? No more room for images so can't import additional OF. I'll plan on manually changing team & player names.

Been a long time since I last posted, but this year's PES (so far) deserves accolades. It's such a deep experience and, little issues aside, a wonderful game.

Does anyone know if a data base or list of all the real team names and players (including other clubs and national teams from around the world)? No more room for images so can't import additional OF. I'll plan on manually changing team & player names.
Don't know if this will help
http://www.pesmaster.com
Did all my editing manually on xb1 and used uefa.com for EL and CL rankings and qualification rounds and based that on my other European teams and Peu league made into a European league

I am really enjoying the game since ive bought it but theres some tweak this year that got me wondering...

I mean theres no doubt that the game is very good on tactical side but sometime i feel like the game is way to hard to get past defenders on the wings or create yards of space without the CPU make up for it... The only way i score goal are from crosses. For the first time in pes history, i just feel like crossing is somehow scripted compared to previous version. Scoring in the box is very difficult as its extremely hard to get yard of space even against lesser opponent. Anyone can relate? I mean love that the game is hard but i just feel like its not really tweaked the right way.

I am really enjoying the game since ive bought it but theres some tweak this year that got me wondering...

I mean theres no doubt that the game is very good on tactical side but sometime i feel like the game is way to hard to get past defenders on the wings or create yards of space without the CPU make up for it... The only way i score goal are from crosses. For the first time in pes history, i just feel like crossing is somehow scripted compared to previous version. Scoring in the box is very difficult as its extremely hard to get yard of space even against lesser opponent. Anyone can relate? I mean love that the game is hard but i just feel like its not really tweaked the right way.
I can,boy did I struggle first season/season.
But with the right players,who make good runs,dummy runners,goal poachers etc,and tactics that allow that,the tactics are much more deeper than I first understood,you will get goals.
Since I've changed tactics,and got players that can do the job,it's easier,and more fun obviously.
That's my advise

Regards headers. I strongly recommend taking a wee look at the online manual as it says you should power-up early in order to drive the header downward more. Not sure what that means for an advanced shooting user like myself.

I'm shit to mate:)
But after almost two seasons all together on ML it's starting to click
One thing I can say,and I can understand why people moan,this game takes a bit of setting up,and massive tinkering with formations/tactics.
It's not as easy as to " got my 4-3-3 now I'm set lets go"
So much deeper than that,and I'm not lecturing you Z, writing for people who really has no clue.
The other game is so much easier just to pop in and enjoy
This one takes som fixing and,by reading this and other threads...knowledge.
Sorry for the long reflection Z
No worries mate. I am just making the point that long rangers aren't always on target like people try to make us believe

superstar on master league with a crap team and 50 team spirit is like a day in hell my team has fell apart tried so many different tactics after the default ones to keep team spirit high wasnt working

the cpu defenders are like terminators and peter drury screaming AND MORE AND MORE AND MORE when i got 3-1 down really gets my goat i cant wait till i crack this game and start winning so i can tell drury to f**k right off

superstar on master league with a crap team and 50 team spirit is like a day in hell my team has fell apart tried so many different tactics after the default ones to keep team spirit high wasnt working

the cpu defenders are like terminators and peter drury screaming AND MORE AND MORE AND MORE when i got 3-1 down really gets my goat i cant wait till i crack this game and start winning so i can tell drury to f**k right off
I feel your pain! Are you playing on -1 or 0 may I ask?

I think my issue is because it's seems even more difficult on -1.

im using 0 at the moment i just cant find space through their defenders they always seem to either get that last second touch to knock the ball away or catch me if i break free

i did score a beautiful counter attack goal that was the only time i found some clear space in the last 10 games.

-1 speed and the players/ball have that realistic weighty feeling to them. Going to stick with it I think.

After a good play of the other game all day, this is so relaxing and the "thinking man's" football fix this year - in my opinion of course.

I know I have issues with this game but the gameplay is so damn good it's difficult to put down.

I need to find a decent option file though fed up with dodgy Serie B etc sides.

I don't think it's ugly. It has a clean look about it that I like. Hard to explain really... But yea, it looks a little underwhelming compared to FIFA this year, especially in the turf management department.

Last edited:
So catch up bug is also there, combined with little shooting variety and line happy keepers..

I enjoyed in Pes 6 so much, like a last minute counter attack against a desperate attacking team is the copa del ray final extra time, outrunning everybody with eto and dribble past the keeper and sending the ball home..

Really jump out of the chair moment.

Currently to my taste fifa is better representing what I want from a football game.

What are tactics worth if shooting is flat and faster playerd cannot outrun much slower defenders..

So catch up bug is also there, combined with little shooting variety and line happy keepers..

I enjoyed in Pes 6 so much, like a last minute counter attack against a desperate attacking team is the copa del ray final extra time, outrunning everybody with eto and dribble past the keeper and sending the ball home..

Really jump out of the chair moment.

Currently to my taste fifa is better representing what I want from a football game.

What are tactics worth if shooting is flat and faster playerd cannot outrun much slower defenders..

That's just not true, double tap R1 and you will see that speed, it's more realistic this way, the ball needs to be hit forward when running with the ball. It's just how football is played. I play with fast players and I easily see that they are faster than the defender or whomever is slower. Also I don't see how outrunning everyone is a jump out moment, but I guess that's just an opinion.

To me shooting is just so much better than FIFA, if you're into easy goals, unrealistic and hitting the post all the time moments then okay that's just what FIFA offers. Maybe you're into that.

I was going to complain about not hitting manual headers from corners on goal, but then I converted two in back to back matches. Guess I have just been unlucky. Both came from the "dash" corner strategy.

I've had a much easier time scoring headers from open play.

I'm experiencing the opposite. Any tips for scoring manual headers in open play? Maybe even some crossing tips..
(wait, this is with manual passing, right?)

I've scored 3 manual long rangers...I don't have a video of the first one.

The other 2 goals, are 2 weeks apart from one another. They are kinda rare. Angling the run-up for the shot, and making sure the body animation looks comfortable, that's the tough part. Many players in this game, don't even have animations that look like they're comfortable with taking a long shot (is that considered individuality?)

I've launched many, many good shots that I thought would beat the keeper. But, no. Everytime the keeper slaps it out. These two goals below, you notice how the keeper didn't even move? They were frozen/stunned. That's the only time I'm able to score them so far. If they react, you best believe they'll save them. I'm not sure what it means, what's the way to beat a diving keeper with a long ranger?

Here are the goals:

Last edited:
Don't know if this will help
http://www.pesmaster.com
Did all my editing manually on xb1 and used uefa.com for EL and CL rankings and qualification rounds and based that on my other European teams and Peu league made into a European league

Thanks for this. I was looking for the real names of the "Other Teams". Some are real like Besiktas and Dinamo Zagreb for example. But I assume most are made up names for real teams. I can't locate a list of what the real names should be.

long pass accuracy is an obvious overpower :|
long L1+triangle and specially cross accuracy ...
albeit L1+triangle isn't that strong to be a game breaker ... but crosses (specially when you cross without defender pressure) it is very very accurate and making header goal almost like a exploit ... it could be a game breaker :|
I scored at least 2 goal per game against superstar in my recent games.
KONAMI ! it's too easy to solve this problem !
just turn long pass accuracy of each player 20% down and gameplay will be near perfect !
commmmmmon KONAMI !
it isn't hard to apply with a simple update ...
it's very frustrating to see a very good game (potentially) ruin by a simple problem like that !

Played 4 matches in Online Divisions last night and online stability was almost perfect in those matches, well done Konami!

I think in PES 2017 are mostly little things to polish, of course the turf is not good, but after a l few matches it does not brother me.
In general graphics are compared to gameplay not that important, unless you are a graphic whore ;)

After 2 weeks i only need a proper J-league and all teams are edited like licensed teams.
The editing community for PES is just amazing :)

I think in PES 2017 are mostly little things to polish, of course the turf is not good, but after a l few matches it does not brother me.
In general graphics are compared to gameplay not that important, unless you are a graphic whore ;)
with that being said, the stadiums look to good for pitches like that.....beauty sells

Back
Top Bottom