PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Anyone knows how to defend against the crosses? Played an idiot who crossed the whole game and scored 3-4 goals just with the headers! Looked unstoppable. Please need advice asap :D

Edit: This was in myClub with Simeone's 4-2-2-2

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I noticed after installing the latest live update via the games menu that the shooting has been toned down on PS4.

I had the manual shooting down to perfection, but now my shots are less powerful and the power bar is much more, sensitive causing many shots to sail over the goal.

I've also noticed a slight difference in the speed of game on all settings and slight difference on player movement with the ball.

Anyone else notice this?

And can someone explain to me how I can delete this installed live update from the system?

I got more enjoyment out of the shooting prior to this update.

Hello everyone,

I noticed after installing the latest live update via the games menu that the shooting has been toned down on PS4.

I had the manual shooting down to perfection, but now my shots are less powerful and the power bar is much more, sensitive causing many shots to sail over the goal.

I've also noticed a slight difference in the speed of game on all settings and slight difference on player movement with the ball.

Anyone else notice this?

And can someone explain to me how I can delete this installed live update from the system?

Have'nt noticed this yet but you could be right.

Massive post coming up, but feel compelled to talk about two of three World Cup group games I played last night and how this game, despite some annoyances and shortcomings, is doing things out on the pitch I haven't had the pleasure of enjoying in years. It is also producing some amazing football narrative as MafiaMurderBag touched upon with his post earlier today. These are copy/pasted from another forum I talk about the game:

"After playing FIFA all day/evening yesterday, as it was the shiny new thing and want to try and give it a good go this year, I stuck on PES around 10pm and thought I would get a few games in. At first it was jarring, but once I re-tuned myself from playing FIFA the football - the most important thing of all - started to flow. Faster overall maybe, but there is just a lovely mix in tempo, and each match feels different.

I started a World Cup as Argentina and my first game was against Portugal. They go 2-0 up with goals either side of half-time and you could tell they were set up to counter me. Ronaldo was effective for them, but more as a team player and distraction. It was in fact Eder and Joao Moutinho who got their goals. They were on the brink of running away with it after three chances in quick succession near the hour mark, thanks to them pressing my midfield and not allowing me to settle at all. Eder was a handful; Ronaldo was starting to do (admittedly very simple) no look passes. They were taking the piss a wee bit now.

I could easily of made the mistake I often do when football games start to feel like they are (sometimes they are) just cheating me: hammering X and going "BUT I AM FUCKING ARGENTINA!" Not to say that this PES doesn't do that, script it a wee bit, but it does also reward your tactical efforts beyond just playing it longer or quicker. I headed into gameplan and took off Banega as although technical, I needed to probably take more of a risk if I wanted to recover something from the match. So off he came and I dropped Di Maria back into CM. Aguero filled the left wing spot now. Elsewhere, I changed from tiki-taka and instead opted for false full-backs (or was it Wing Rotation?) as that would then see both Aguero and Messi move more inside (they do anyway as an ID thing, but were now under instruction to do so and the full-backs would overlap, offering more width and hopefully threat) when attacking, but of course it could prove costly. I also instructed Otamendi and Biglia to be players that joined attack on set-pieces, but I've found that also doing that means when you switch to ultra-attacking those selected will make forward runs during open play (or at least it looks like that is happening) All a bit risky, if I employed everything at once, but I had control over when to employ these tactics on-the-fly.

I pull one back. That man Messi with a cut in from the right and top corner finish with his left foot. Proper thunderbolt. "No time for circle/X celebration stuff!" captain Messi shouted as he gathered the ball and sprinted back to the centre circle (love that shit) Portugal had restricted him to the odd mazy dribble but little else before then. Biglia was the set-up man. A glimmer of hope?

3mins to go and Andre Gomes takes down Aguero. Booking but one both he and Portugal were happy to take as I was moving the ball about better and it was a freekick just over halfway. I wait on Biglia and Otamendi joining the group (as instructed) at the edge of the Portuguese penalty area before Di Maria takes the kick. Di Maria more or less hoofs it towards the general direction of the goal, but Pepe headers it clear. Zabaleta gets under the high, looping clearnace but is about to come under pressure so he just heads it forwards again and Biglia takes it down, hurdles a challenge heads to the touchline and crosses...

HIGUAIN WITH THE TOWERING HEADER!

A 2-2 that felt like a tactical victory. A match which had every style and tempo known feature. Absolute class.

The next match was a walk in the park against Iran. Higuain with both goals in a remarkably untesting 2-0 victory. It felt like an early Tuesday afternoon World Cup group match as it was during the day where my game against the Portuguese was under the floodlights of the Stadio Olimpico. Next up were Algeria who were on 3 points to my 4. Portugal on 6.

And so Algeria and another afternoon kick-off and a return to the Stadio Olimpico - one of the best stadiums in the game for daytime matches. A real World Cup feel.

Argentina manager Aldo Curdirrera knew the importance of this one, as well as being only too aware of the strength of the opponent.

Algeria had beaten Iran in their opener but succumbed to Portugal in their second game. No doubt the North Africans would have wanted Argentina to have qualification sewn up by now in the hope they would take the foot off the gas. Alas, this wasn't the circumstances entering into this final group match, thanks to a more world-wise Portugal following victory in EURO2016, having taken control of the group. Argentina needed only a point, but with Algeria their opponents you reckoned they wouldn't be taking any chances in this one.

A bitty first half passed without much in the way of chances and while the stats suggested one thing, the reality was quite different. Argentina had a whopping 68% of possession, but it was Algeria who looked the more threatening and purposeful with their play. This was thanks to Algerian centre forward Slimani who seemed to win everything fired at him in build-up play, and would often always find Mahrez or Fegouhli. It was just getting on the end of the terrific balls fired at him that proved the missing piece of the puzzle. Algeria were reminding Argentina all was to play for here. Manager Aldo was left perplexed by his charges simply not listening to what everybody else could hear Algeria were saying out there: "This is a final. We want to win it!"

The half-time team talk by Algeria coach Vahid Halilhodži? must have been a straight forward one: "Keep it up"

Aldo's, although also straight forward, must have been of a different tone: "Don't you fuck this up!"

Five minutes into the second half it became clear who was listening and who wasn't.

An Algerian free-kick is headed out by Roncaglia and Taider meets it flush with his left foot from just under 30 yards out. An absolute rocket of a shot that although Romero has covered he is forced to push it out for a corner kick. The resultant corner kick and another save from Romero, perhaps the best save in the tournament thus far, as he denies Taider again from a header from close range. Argentina are on the ropes now.

Moments later and a sloppy clearance from Pinola falls to Mostefa who passes it out to Mahrez. A first time centre and...

SLIMANI WITH AN ALGERIAN WONDER GOAL MADE IN LEICESTER!

Incredible volley from the big man who had been a constant pest throughout, but who was struggling to get on the end of some otherwise quality delivery. Well, he got on the end this time; and threatens to end Argentina in process.

Curdirrera could be seen shouting from the touchline at his players, pointing to his ears and then the crowd: "Listen! You pendejo's!"

For the next seventeen minutes it appeared going a goal behind simply wasn't registering with the Argentina players, until Higuain dropped off to collect a loose ball following a Mascherano block. He feeds Di Maria out on the left, who turns his marker and plays a ball into the box to Higuain before the four Algerian players surrounding him crowd him out.

Higuain loses his marker Mandi and stoops to header it from six yards out...

GOA-WHAT A SAVE!!!

Remarkable reflexes from Hichem. Now that was the save of the tournament so far and certainly shows that he has reflexes that are in perfect working order. Algeria are beating Argentina at everything. Unbelievable. They are a well equipped side, but this perfromance trancends skill and technical ability.

Corner to Argentina.

AND HE DOES IT AGAIN! This time from a powerful Higuain header. If Romero was looking on helplessly at his teammates failing to score, then Hichem is now twisting the knife. Two remarkable saves one after the other from efforts by the tournaments current top scorer. Rojo balloons a shot over proving that he is no Taider.

85th minute and Di Maria shows superb control again in a crowded situationand drops it in for... Messi, seven yards out and with "only" Hichem to beat...

HE DOES IT AGAIN! Even Messi can't beat this man. Algeria have surely done it now.

The 89th minute...

Zabaleta mops up a Ghoulam ball intended for Brahimi. Composure from the right-back where it simply hasn't been for the bulk of this Argentina display. He plays it to Mascherano who has acres of space and time to carry from his own half as the Algerians have went ultra-defensive (never seen that from the AI in exhibition or Versus) Such is the time afforded to him on the ball, the Barcelona man pauses as if in shock. Banega overlaps him and Mascherano feeds him with his back to goal outside the Algerian box...

First touch is steady...

...he glances up and scoops the ball nonchalantly into the penalty area with his left foot...

...Higuain loses Midjani!...

...HIGUAIN SCORES!

Gonzalo the Great, the "Ninety-Million-Nine", scores with a cushioned side-foot volley beyond Hichem and into the top left corner. Argentina have done it, or more accurately Higuain has done it. While Messi is captain, it is Higuain, now on four goals in the tournament and leading the scoring charts, who has lead his country to the last sixteen.

The Algerian players are in tears at the restart. They have given everything from one (especially) through to eleven, but Argentina drag themselves over the line.

If the BBC did a closing montage then Mark Park's 'African Tears' would surely be the soundtrack.

A match that started out as PES, morphed into International Superstar Soccer. With Hichem the latest Superstar.

This game is pure escapism. It is what videogames, never mind football videogames, are meant to be.

And so Algeria and another afternoon kick-off and a return to the Stadio Olimpico - one of the best stadiums in the game for daytime matches. A real World Cup feel.

Argentina manager Aldo Curdirrera knew the importance of this one, as well as being only too aware of the strength of the opponent.

Algeria had beaten Iran in their opener but succumbed to Portugal in their second game. No doubt the North Africans would have wanted Argentina to have qualification sewn up by now in the hope they would take the foot off the gas. Alas, this wasn't the circumstances entering into this final group match, thanks to a more world-wise Portugal following victory in EURO2016, having taken control of the group. Argentina needed only a point, but with Algeria their opponents you reckoned they wouldn't be taking any chances in this one.

A bitty first half passed without much in the way of chances and while the stats suggested one thing, the reality was quite different. Argentina had a whopping 68% of possession, but it was Algeria who looked the more threatening and purposeful with their play. This was thanks to Algerian centre forward Slimani who seemed to win everything fired at him in build-up play, and would often always find Mahrez or Fegouhli. It was just getting on the end of the terrific balls fired at him that proved the missing piece of the puzzle. Algeria were reminding Argentina all was to play for here. Manager Aldo was left perplexed by his charges simply not listening to what everybody else could hear Algeria were saying out there: "This is a final. We want to

The half-time team talk by Algeria coach Vahid Halilhodži? must have been a straight forward one: "Keep it up"

Aldo's, although also straight forward, must have been of a different tone: "Don't you fuck this up!"

Five minutes into the second half it became clear who was listening and who wasn't.

An Algerian free-kick is headed out by Roncaglia and Taider meets it flush with his left foot from just under 30 yards out. An absolute rocket of a shot that although Romero has covered he is forced to push it out for a corner kick. The resultant corner kick and another save from Romero, perhaps the best save in the tournament thus far, as he denies Taider again from a header from close range. Argentina are on the ropes now.

Moments later and a sloppy clearance from Pinola falls to Mostefa who passes it out to Mahrez. A first time centre and...

SLIMANI WITH AN ALGERIAN WONDER GOAL MADE IN LEICESTER!

Incredible volley from the big man who had been a constant pest throughout, but who was struggling to get on the end of some otherwise quality delivery. Well, he got on the end this time; and threatens to end Argentina in process.

Curdirrera could be seen shouting from the touchline at his players, pointing to his ears and then the crowd: "Listen! You pendejo's!"

For the next seventeen minutes it appeared going a goal behind simply wasn't registering with the Argentina players, until Higuain dropped off to collect a loose ball following a Mascherano block. He feeds Di Maria out on the left, who turns his marker and plays a ball into the box to Higuain before the four Algerian players surrounding him crowd him out.

Higuain loses his marker Mandi and stoops to header it from six yards out...

GOA-WHAT A SAVE!!!

Remarkable reflexes from Hichem. Now that was the save of the tournament so far and certainly shows that he has reflexes that are in perfect working order. Algeria are beating Argentina at everything. Unbelievable. They are a well equipped side, but this perfromance trancends skill and technical ability.

Corner to Argentina.

AND HE DOES IT AGAIN! This time from a powerful Higuain header. If Romero was looking on helplessly at his teammates failing to score, then Hichem is now twisting the knife. Two remarkable saves one after the other from efforts by the tournaments current top scorer. Rojo balloons a shot over proving that he is no Taider.

85th minute and Di Maria shows superb control again in a crowded situationand drops it in for... Messi, seven yards out and with "only" Hichem to beat...

HE DOES IT AGAIN! Even Messi can't beat this man. Algeria have surely done it now.

The 89th minute...

Zabaleta mops up a Ghoulam ball intended for Brahimi. Composure from the right-back where it simply hasn't been for the bulk of this Argentina display. He plays it to Mascherano who has acres of space and time to carry from his own half as the Algerians have went ultra-defensive (never seen that from the AI in exhibition or Versus) Such is the time afforded to him on the ball, the Barcelona man pauses as if in shock. Banega overlaps him and Mascherano feeds him with his back to goal outside the Algerian box...

First touch is steady...

...he glances up and scoops the ball nonchalantly into the penalty area with his left foot...

...Higuain loses Midjani!...

...HIGUAIN SCORES!

Gonzalo the Great, the "Ninety-Million-Nine", scores with a cushioned side-foot volley beyond Hichem and into the top left corner. Argentina have done it, or more accurately Higuain has done it. While Messi is captain, it is Higuain, now on four goals in the tournament and leading the scoring charts, who has lead his country to the last sixteen.

The Algerian players are in tears at the restart. They have given everything from one (especially) through to eleven, but Argentina drag themselves over the line.

If the BBC did a closing montage then Mark Park's 'African Tears' would surely be the soundtrack.

A match that started out as PES, morphed into International Superstar Soccer. With Hichem the latest Superstar.

This game is pure escapism. It is what videogames, never mind football videogames, are meant to be.

Great posts Curdstar love your passion for it. . ...you're right it's fantastic escapism as I would see it .. .another great thing about this game is trying things that you can visualise in your head and sometimes it works and sometimes not . .. . I never go for the obvious glaring situation but try something unusual and it CAN come to fruition and catch the a.i out .. .even when I make a bold move through tactics or change of formation and it fails and I lose the game . .it's worth it to see the result. I would rather use a mediocre team and give a strong team trouble .. btw I think it was you who spoke about playing soccer on the streets as a kid. . . I could so identify with that living in Dublin. . it's the thing we did most during the summer holidays from school. ..we would play for 8 hours a day and have to be dragged home.

Thanks for this. I was looking for the real names of the "Other Teams". Some are real like Besiktas and Dinamo Zagreb for example. But I assume most are made up names for real teams. I can't locate a list of what the real names should be.
That's why I used the CL and EL ranking and made the up myself;)

Game is awesome ..I'm really enjoying pes for the first time in 10 years ish.. I'm struggling with manual shooting and I don't have the time to master it these days ..I used be be full manual fifa but now I'm a dad I don't have hours on end to spare ..a positI've thing I may add..now I'm on manual pass and basic shooting which is nice but still getting schooled off the AI..I found professional level to be the right mix ..top level I was holding my own but professional feels far more human ..I lost 1-0 against Argentina I was Brazil..then went down 3-0 against Colombia and I was Spain..had four fouls in first half against Argentina..anyhow roll on pesuniverse v2 patch ..first fifa since 2008 I haven't bought

Game is awesome ..I'm really enjoying pes for the first time in 10 years ish.. I'm struggling with manual shooting and I don't have the time to master it these days ..I used be be full manual fifa but now I'm a dad I don't have hours on end to spare ..a positI've thing I may add..now I'm on manual pass and basic shooting which is nice but still getting schooled off the AI..I found professional level to be the right mix ..top level I was holding my own but professional feels far more human ..I lost 1-0 against Argentina I was Brazil..then went down 3-0 against Colombia and I was Spain..had four fouls in first half against Argentina..anyhow roll on pesuniverse v2 patch ..first fifa since 2008 I haven't bought

Thought you were back on Fifa no? Try to stick with manual passing . . you'll get the hang of it soon . .feels better when you score. . ..don't be letting real life interfere with pes lol.

Try full manual not as loose as you may think it is, it's the best setting in the game for me as well as manual shooting, yeah professional hits the sweet spot but u can disposes the AI near goal at times which is my only negative on that setting, but I believe that can easily be fixed in a patch.

Try full manual not as loose as you may think it is, it's the best setting in the game for me as well as manual shooting, yeah professional hits the sweet spot but u can disposes the AI near goal at times which is my only negative on that setting, but I believe that can easily be fixed in a patch.[/too easy
Try full manual not as loose as you may think it is, it's the best setting in the game for me as well as manual shooting, yeah professional hits the sweet spot but u can disposes the AI near goal at times which is my only negative on that setting, but I believe that can easily be fixed in a patch.

Professional is too easy. .at least top player for a challenge.. .I'm not being funny but a lot of people who play the game get frustrated if they're not winning for some reason and chop and change until they hit that sweet spot .. .and then get bored with it and change again and then the moaning starts. . .. Superstar is very hard in this game. . .Top Player is just right and at least there's another level to go up if you master it.

can anyone please advise which leagues plays mostly night games? I still don't understand why they do not give us the option to select whatever the time we desire to play!! Not sure how this going to hurt them. Very stubborn folks over there at Konami

Are you saying it increases the ability of the losing player's defence? Sounds like BS to me. I wish people would provide evidence of these things instead of just stating them as facts and saying they should be patched.
Its not BS my friend. I think the problem is because of the live update the "condition" under general settings is greyed out hence it affects the way your players respond to passes, agility etc. Also I played an away game and my players were very slow like -1 speed as compared to my opponent and vice versa when I played at home. When I don't do the live update and set the condition equal it plays a fair game. In 2016 this didn't matter you could literally destroy a bad player by out playing them on the pitch regardless. Setup a local multiplayer do the live update and experience it for yourself. Either you or your opponents keeper and defense will be on steroids and conversely your attackers will be playing in slow motion.

Hello everyone,

Anyone else notice this?

Yes the game feels unbalanced like this when you do the live update. It seems to affect the speed and home vs away etc. Yet when you play say a champs league cup this doesn't matter and the game is in a neutral state which is brilliant.

Professional is too easy. .at least top player for a challenge.. .I'm not being funny but a lot of people who play the game get frustrated if they're not winning for some reason and chop and change until they hit that sweet spot .. .and then get bored with it and change again and then the moaning starts. . .. Superstar is very hard in this game. . .Top Player is just right and at least there's another level to go up if you master it.

Problem for me is just I don´t like the feel of the crossing in manual. I can cross, but it´s just so damn beatiful to watch the ball trajectory at PA1! At PA0 I don´t feel natural at crosses and after a while I start to miss that feeling.

Problem for me is just I don´t like the feel of the crossing in manual. I can cross, but it´s just so damn beatiful to watch the ball trajectory at PA1! At PA0 I don´t feel natural at crosses and after a while I start to miss that feeling.

Could you not practise and perfect your crossing in training mode?

Professional for me at the moment is hard enough for me cos I'm playing with the duds in master league when my team gets better and am finding it easy yeah top player for sure

Just use L1 for crossing in pa0 and you have both worlds, manual pasding and assisted crossing.

Thought you were back on Fifa no? Try to stick with manual passing . . you'll get the hang of it soon . .feels better when you score. . ..don't be letting real life interfere with pes lol.
I have stuck with passing and shooting on manual..still not convinced with shooting ..the little lad and wife will never let pes interfere with real life I can assure you lol

I used to play hardest difficulty back in the day now I don't have time like many other old school pes players as family life gets in the way to master the harder levels ..so constantly loosing on top player is no fun ..saying that I've not won on professional level yet

I'm using the duds as well Jimi . .top player and manual great fun.
Good to hear mate, yeah first time in a very very long time, so much variances of individuality is amazing, bout time the transfer market has a purpose cos it was useless for a very long time

My game is stuttering (single player) and there's a slight blur whenever I pass the ball.

Anyone else get this on PS4? It's really annoying.

how do you get the yellow card to show next to the player name you are controlling at that point in time? (name above the head btw, not the bottom bar)

Back
Top Bottom