PES 2015 Tactics Thread

Dont do it, you`ll be bored of it in a fortnight, you will regret it.
I hoped it would get better but the more i play the more im turning away from it.

don't listen to this dude teluseci haha :D

If you like the demo, you will love the full game.
I can't get enough of PES , I know its not a perfect footy game, but it is a really enjoyable game. Play on superstar difficulty or with your friend, don't play on regular difficulty , the more you play on regular difficulty the more you turning away from it.

don't listen to this dude teluseci haha :D

If you like the demo, you will love the full game.
I can't get enough of PES , I know its not a perfect footy game, but it is a really enjoyable game. Play on superstar difficulty or with your friend, don't play on regular difficulty , the more you play on regular difficulty the more you turning away from it.

Yea I do actually play on superstar as I've had prior Pes experience, a lil bit from last year but mostly fro 2013.

Can anybody answer for me how many minutes max you can play for a half?? Also, is there a workaround for the sim scores being too high, I heard this was an issue and this is one of the only things holding me back from buying the game. I love playing long minutes and career mode.

Yea I do actually play on superstar as I've had prior Pes experience, a lil bit from last year but mostly fro 2013.

Can anybody answer for me how many minutes max you can play for a half?? Also, is there a workaround for the sim scores being too high, I heard this was an issue and this is one of the only things holding me back from buying the game. I love playing long minutes and career mode.
You can play a 30min game but the sim scores will be silly, 11min game seems to be about right, even then i think one or two are slightly over the top.

Ive been a fan of the series since pes 6, ive played every pc release since, this is the best game of football ive played in pes, but there are so many things i find frustrating about the game from simple menu issues to actual gameplay it is turning me away from it.
Buy it, you may love it, if so fairplay.
Oh yeah, i play on SS, mostly ML and occasionaly online. The scripting/game balancing kills it big time, some people dont mind, some dont seem to notice it but once you do its a game changer for sure and not in a good way.

You can play a 30min game but the sim scores will be silly, 11min game seems to be about right, even then i think one or two are slightly over the top.

Ive been a fan of the series since pes 6, ive played every pc release since, this is the best game of football ive played in pes, but there are so many things i find frustrating about the game from simple menu issues to actual gameplay it is turning me away from it.
Oh yeah, i play on SS, mostly ML and occasionaly online. The scripting/game balancing kills it big time, some people dont mind, some dont seem to notice it but once you do its a game changer for sure and not in a good way.

Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it, I just bought it so I'm officially on board :))

I feel ya on all the above though, started to notice it just when playing the demo. Fifa has the same issues, I reaaaallyy want to play 30 minutes though cause I've always wanted to play 45 mins to see what it was like so I'm really gonna try and find a work around ;)

Yes , when you start noticing the scripting, its pretty annoying... Its like something that you can see everytime after you found out about it

Sorry its late, i was busy last week. I decided to give you guys 3 matches from last week. I didn't bother with liverpool citya nd spurs cehclesa since i didn't really feel like playing with any of those teams and i cant be arsed to do a highlights video either

He's Roma vs Juventus
YouTube - MATCH OF THE WEEK #8 | Roma vs Juventus | PES 2015

Doing them late, the good thing was i could get teh lineups corret and use the 3-5-2 with Juventus :)

I started to avoid giving teams Flexible possitionig. I feel with Maintain they play more realistically and also give a couple of bad passes more during a match, taking more risk.

I noticed this playing with Juventus 4-3-1-2 romb where, when Flexible was set, Lichtsteiner and Evra were regularly coming to the center of the pitch for no good. With Maintain they instead stay more on the flanks providing width as it shuold be.

Thanks for these tactics.
Got a question. When you change the tactics to how you have them will the team automatically play like that (like a default setting) or do you have to set something else in settings to get them to play like that? Thanks

My team was playing the quarterfinal of the Dutch cup today (SS, full manual). At 83' I was up 1-0 and changed to a defensive formation with few attacking and many defending. At one point after that I had possession near the opponent's box. We lost possession, and the opponent lobbed the ball to my end of the pitch.

To my great surprise only my CBs were there defending despite the settings I mentioned above. I myself had not moved my FBs or DMFs upfield. We survived, but I gave them a stern talk after the whistle. :))

Anybody else have similar experiences with these settings?

Last edited:
My team was playing the quarterfinal of the Dutch cup today (SS, full manual). At 83' I was up 1-0 and changed to a defensive formation with few attacking and many defending. At one point after that I had possession near the opponent's box. We lost possession, and the opponent lobbed the ball to my end of the pitch.

To my great surprise only my CBs were there defending despite the settings I mentioned above. I myself had not moved my FBs or DMFs upfield. We survived, but I gave them a stern talk after the whistle. :))

Anybody else have similar experiences with these settings?

Yeah, same here. I can't seem to get my RBs/LBs to stop bombing forward. My go to defensive "Park-the-bus" formation is basically a 1-4-1-4 formation with everyone except the ST behind the ball. I usually control the ST and just try to cut off the linking midfielder but if I get possession my LB & RB take off up the pitch. They are offensive by nature but when I'm trying to lock down and hold a lead I want them staying back.

Got a question. When you change the tactics to how you have them will the team automatically play like that (like a default setting) or do you have to set something else in settings to get them to play like that?

Are you referring to the active defending of the AI controlled players? At least two possibilities. Set (aggressive) frontline pressure in tactics settings, or use teammate pressure.

I agree that in that video the AI controlled players are defending really actively.

Yeah, same here. I can't seem to get my RBs/LBs to stop bombing forward. My go to defensive "Park-the-bus" formation is basically a 1-4-1-4 formation with everyone except the ST behind the ball. I usually control the ST and just try to cut off the linking midfielder but if I get possession my LB & RB take off up the pitch.

I honestly think some of the tactical settings are there as placeholders for future effect. These include the mentioned "many" and "few" settings, and defensive compactness.

@James, @kgx2thez, If I want to "park a bus", I do so:

Attacking support: Few
Defensive support: Many
Attacking area: Through the middle
Defensive style: All-out defence
Pressuring: Conservative
Defensive line: 1-3
Compactness (however it works): 8-10

...then if you want to give up all your attacking ambitions completely:

Attacking style: Possession game
Build-up: Short pass

Even with these settings your full-backs are going forward? Don't want to believe. But if so, try setting them as CB. That should definitely help.

@James, @kgx2thez, If I want to "park a bus", I do so:

Attacking support: Few
Defensive support: Many
Attacking area: Through the middle
Defensive style: All-out defence
Pressuring: Conservative
Defensive line: 1-3
Compactness (however it works): 8-10

...then if you want to give up all your attacking ambitions completely:

Attacking style: Possession game
Build-up: Short pass

Even with these settings your full-backs are going forward? Don't want to believe.
Gave this a try by using your custom settings at 82' when I was up 1-0. My RW had the ball in our offensive zone, and what else do I see than my good ole RB overtaking the RW on the fast lane out of defense.

Will give it another try, but the first test wasn't encouraging.

Regarding backs: I switch to Defensive tactics, max defense settings as above, plus a 5-4-1 formation with 4 DMFs. My CPU-controlled teammates do not push forward and I literally have to switch to Offensive or Custom tactics if I want my players to move forward when I have the ball.

Klashman's suggestion about switching from LB/RB to CB is a good one, it works in FIFA I know. Also, some backs have assigned attacking traits/abilities, something to watch for.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom