PES 2015 Tactics Thread

PES 2015 Tactics Guide:

This guide is used not just to recreate real life tactics used by teams all over the world for PES 2015, this is useful for everyone who plays PES to understand how vital and important it is to set your team up correctly so you can play PES 2015 the way you need to with your teammates following your attacking and defensive ideology.

If you want to attack down the wing with speedy cross merchants, if you want to play beautiful free flowing passing football, if you want to counter attack effective or play route one, direct football it is vital your team is setup to play in the style you need.

This site features Hundreds of different real life strategies for Football clubs and nations around the world, it’s not just about creating real life strategies but these strategies can used as templates for you own offline, 1 v 1, 2 v 2 or online play, I hope this tutorial helps you make the most out of PES 2015.

See in full here:
http://klashman69.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/pes-2015-tactic-sliders-tutorial.html

Last edited:
I can do a slider explanation but it's a lot easier to understand this year so i'll ask if it's worth it.

I think it is pretty clear this year. Unless there are some insights on or side effects of one or another setting that would be useful to know.

Yes, Barca formation is currently wrong. Especially Out Of Possession where they fall back to defend in their half with corresponding team instructions. Also I noticed that many 3-5-2 formations, usually in Serie A (Inter, Udinese) need to be turned into 5-3-2 when defending. Currently its not the case per default and they concede many goals while defending.

I feel this installment would bring 'back home' many players that switched to FIFA in the last 3/4 years so I believe this thread would be vital to people switching back from FIFA like me.
I, for one, never cared about PES in the last 3 years (the last PES I really liked before this one was PES 2011) so tactics are a completely new thing to me.

I'll go checking in the 2014 thread and see if the same principles apply also to this year's game (I'm totally noob at tactics, yet I feel that they will play a key role this year more than all the others), then I'd welcome any tactic insight from you.

Cherrs! :)

I think it is pretty clear this year. Unless there are some insights on or side effects of one or another setting that would be useful to know.

Yes, Barca formation is currently wrong. Especially Out Of Possession where they fall back to defend in their half with corresponding team instructions. Also I noticed that many 3-5-2 formations, usually in Serie A (Inter, Udinese) need to be turned into 5-3-2 when defending. Currently its not the case per default and they concede many goals while defending.

I think i will do a brief run through on the settings and focus on the summary to show the effects of different combinations.

I am looking forward to reading this thread because I am having some real tactical dilemmas with my master league team which feel very much like a real life modern football scenario.

As a poor championship team do i play a very average striker as a lone frontman or do i go for two up front and lose a body in midfield?

Right now I am trying to do something inbetween that but I can't quite get players close enough to that lone frontman. If i go for Wing Forwards they stick too far wide and don't get central enough, if i go for a close attacking midfielder/SS it provides more support but it's harder to get more balls in the danger zone without the wide threat,

hopefully there's something in the settings I can change to help this out. haven't got used to it yet and i'm constantly tweaking between games

I think i'll upload a full game with this inter formation, because like you say, this game is good tactically and throws up real life issues

With inter i'm way WAY too open at the back but i'm scoring goals for run and the CPU on superstar just cant handle the movement up front, i'll see if i can find a balance.

My advice would be to stick with changing formation game to game to beat your opponent until a philosophy sticks.

Klash i dunno if its the case of the fluid formations, or generally the defence is open, but yeah i played with Chelsea, Arsenal, Barca, Real till now and their defence leaves hughe gaps dunno if its the teams of the game

Klash i dunno if its the case of the fluid formations, or generally the defence is open, but yeah i played with Chelsea, Arsenal, Barca, Real till now and their defence leaves hughe gaps dunno if its the teams of the game

there's other things to consider as well. both my full backs have offensive full back ability or whatever you call it and they re galloping up the pitch like nobodies business!

Tactics are vey potent this year, especially on higher difficulties like top player. Played agaimst the Dutch and Spain and the default tactics were on point. Both teams played the style that they do in real life. :)) Will have to see how more teams play though.

I feel this installment would bring 'back home' many players that switched to FIFA in the last 3/4 years so I believe this thread would be vital to people switching back from FIFA like me.
I, for one, never cared about PES in the last 3 years (the last PES I really liked before this one was PES 2011) so tactics are a completely new thing to me.

I'll go checking in the 2014 thread and see if the same principles apply also to this year's game (I'm totally noob at tactics, yet I feel that they will play a key role this year more than all the others), then I'd welcome any tactic insight from you.

I second this. Hopefully the PES veterans will post some good tips in here for those of us who've recently "returned" to PES.

I think i'll upload a full game with this inter formation, because like you say, this game is good tactically and throws up real life issues

With inter i'm way WAY too open at the back but i'm scoring goals for run and the CPU on superstar just cant handle the movement up front, i'll see if i can find a balance.

My advice would be to stick with changing formation game to game to beat your opponent until a philosophy sticks.

If you are using default formation for Inter, as I said there is this mistake that Wing Backs dont track back to form back five when defending.

I played against Inter with Napoli with attacks concentrated on wide areas and Callejon had a great time while Inter WB's simply where not covering the spaces wide.

I changed it to a 3-4-3 and yes the issue is my wingbacks are constantly getting caught up the filed and also its to easy for the AI to break between the lines.

I going to keep developing it because when i hit the right balance its going to be really wonderful.

The tactics are nothing like in 2014 like they are in 2015, funny thing is the game was better tactically from 2011-2014 than it is now, now is quite basic, quite substantially better in previous years with just tactics, i'd say 2015 is far, far, far a better game than 2014.

If the AI uses Fluid Formations (does it?) then I'd imagine the Inter/wingbacks thing could be solved by the with/without possession formations? (making them LB/RB without possession?)

Full backs bomb forward even if you stick them as LB or RB in the fluid formation. Thats what I've found, I thinking its down to player individuality. i've found a nice balance with them for my Inter team, think i'll have to buy a better right back than Jonathan, Dodo seems to have some potential but he ain't ready yet, only Nagamoto satifies me right now.

Biggest issue is my 'wing backs' become very tired so i'm going to have to get players with bags of stamina.

Any suggestions for Bayern Munich? I always have trouble with them. It just doesn't "feel" right. No good pressing, bad behavior in defence and players like Robben aren't very effective. I have no idea why they perform in that way, e.g. Chelsea suits me way better.. any ideas?

Anyone figured out yet, when the AI switches between slot 1 and 2/3?
I'm pretty confused about this at the moment. Sometimes they switch to slot 2, when it is 0-0 or 1-1, and sometimes they stick to slot 1, even when it is 3-0.

Anyone figured out yet, when the AI switches between slot 1 and 2/3?
I'm pretty confused about this at the moment. Sometimes they switch to slot 2, when it is 0-0 or 1-1, and sometimes they stick to slot 1, even when it is 3-0.
Slot 1 is the offensive slot, slot 2 the defensive slot. So depending on the scoreline, they will switch to slot 2 when they are in the lead, and back to slot 1 when they aren't anymore.

Last edited:
Hi, i've been doing some tests over the last two days. I've made some good discoveries. it's very easy to create a good variety of systems.

I've found some good sets to base teams off.

The key to attacks is these settings, everything else is based off these four gameplan styles.

Short Pass + Possession game = Tiki Taka
Using the other values can change the focal attacking players. teams keep the ball for long periods of play and use quick interchanges to find room to score.

Teams seem to refuse to cross regardless of set to wide or center.

Long Pass + Possession game = Long ball/Hoofball or Cross Merchent
The gameplan here with team set to center attack means the CPU will just look to laugh long balls from their center backs to the target man, all the time! Literally they don't do much else. Very reminiscent of Stoke under Pulis

If set to wide attack, it will change the team to constantly cross from the flanks

Short Pass + Counter attack = Quick Counter/Real Madrid style play
Works very well and effectively with teams like Bayern Leverkusen and other Bundersliga teams

Long Pass + Counter attack = Typical counter attack
Good for teams like Aston Villa, West Brom and Crystal palace under Pulis last year.

I've done the premiership, Barcelona, Atletico, Leverkusen and some others, i need to make the photoshop graphic, and i'll try next year to do some videos showing off what can be done.

I'm sure Konami will patch the game and expand on the depth but planning higher lines to teams and less teams set to possession/shot pass is getting a far better an bigger variety than on default. Also Konami massively messed up with Atletico and many of the 'defensive' formations.

Hi folks,

I'm new here, I'm Claudio from Brazil.

I have been trying the different tactical options. What I noticed, after intensive testing, is that the "numbers in defence" (when out of posession) doesnt work AT ALL.

I know what it is suposed to mean, but it does not make a difference.

Did anyone else tried that. Itried on single player and on two player (so I could control the position of players on both teams) and NOTHING. Doesnt make a difference. Tried with fluid formations on so I could check instantaneously, and with the same configurations on the other options (compacteness, forward line, etc).

So just wondering what you guys think and, if you tried and found something different, please share.

Cheers,

Claudio

numbers in defence is related to the positions you set to your players.

if you have wingers instead of wide midfielders it dosen't matter how much you set players to defend they wont defend as much if you put them wide midfielders,

i learned this with inter master league. Similar goes with attacking midfielder etc.. the position you set to players makes a big difference in conjunction with the setting

numbers in defence is related to the positions you set to your players.

if you have wingers instead of wide midfielders it dosen't matter how much you set players to defend they wont defend as much if you put them wide midfielders,

i learned this with inter master league. Similar goes with attacking midfielder etc.. the position you set to players makes a big difference in conjunction with the setting

I see, but I had wide midfielders and not wingers. And I tried and tried in 2p mode to see what happened. It didnt make a diff whether we had many or few... everytime the same amount of players...

by the way, numbers in offence, and the other setting do work!

How is this related to tactics, for God's sake?

Klashman, good explanation on attacking strategies. I tested a bit the defensive side of things and in particular the Defensive style - Pressing combinations. I see it like this at the moment (will follow your pattern of explaining):

Front-line pressure + Aggressive pressing = High pressure. Teams that press aggresively in the opponent half. Barcelona, Bayern, Bayer Leverkusen, Chile NT.

Front-line pressure + Conservative pressing = Medium-high defensive block. Teams that defend in a highish block, but do not press agressively, prefering to stay in a compact unit and to cut off passing lines instead. Germany NT, Benfica.

All-out defence + Aggressive pressing = Aggressive defence. Teams that let opponents to come closer before hitting them hard in their own half. Atletico Madrid, Uruguay NT.

All-out defence + Conservative pressing = Deep defence. Teams that defend in their own half prefering to keep men behind the ball. Majority of second tier teams in all leagues, Schalke, Udinese etc.

The thing I am not sure is how defensive area (Wide or Middle) affects the way teams defend. Anyone has tested it more profoundly?

I see, but I had wide midfielders and not wingers. And I tried and tried in 2p mode to see what happened. It didnt make a diff whether we had many or few... everytime the same amount of players...

by the way, numbers in offence, and the other setting do work!

Yeah I realised this too, and makes it more important to have completed players in the team. If you have a LW that can also play as LM, you can play with a slightly diferent formation, and that might be usefull for instance to change formation as soon as you loose possession. That would make your wingers to defend more I believe? Play as LW when in possession and as LM when not in possession?

Yeah I realised this too, and makes it more important to have completed players in the team. If you have a LW that can also play as LM, you can play with a slightly diferent formation, and that might be usefull for instance to change formation as soon as you loose possession. That would make your wingers to defend more I believe? Play as LW when in possession and as LM when not in possession?

I think it depends on how you want to defend, your defence conception. If you want to retreat and defend in numbers, it makes sense to set wide players as Wide Midfielders in "Out-of possession" formation. While when you plan to press high it is convenient to leave them high up the pitch, as Wingers, so as to be in short distance to opposition defenders that you want to press.

Back
Top Bottom