PES 2013 Discussion Thread

If we are talking about something that accelerates stat boosting over time (which i already in the game) It wouldn't be so bad. But if it's a case of "wear these boots, go from 73 to 76" that would be awful.
Yeah, exactly what I think too

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Erm does every player on FIFA really feel the same? Maybe on consoles, not on PC (again, gameplay mods are savers :P).

I don't like FIFA gameplay that much, but Career Mode is top notch.

To illustrate what I said above:

New boots acquired:

Stats change: +5 agility -2 speed +2 Balance -3 strength

RPG style. You want it? I don't.

Maybe we want different approach to game. I want realism. This just killed PES ML for me. Pre-order cancelled for now.

Waiting for more news on this issue. I might not buy PES at all this year as am solely offline ML player.

Pissed off to the point of boiling :/.

Why not just implement a steroid simulator. Any artificial boosts are then just found out by drug testing, leading to season long bans.

i knew the positive gameplay comments were too much for konami to handle, they had to make all their fans a little less happy as usual

All boots last year had stats boosters like Shot power, Shot acc, Acceleration, Top Speed and Swerve so its not actually any thing new and I didnt really notice any difference in game

It is pretty crap that all players in ML will have default boots though, existing players should have the correct assigned boots (for realism purposes) and you should be able to change them if you wish (for your chosen team), not for all of them to have default boots, it would be okay then imo.

Having boots changing stats like that though.... hmm dont like it.

Last edited:

Quick-time events. Arcade style 'AWESOME!' or 'NICE!' flashes when you execute a perfectly timed strike. Coloured boots dotted around the pitch that when you pick up given you a huge acceleration boost. Bosses in the style of a colossus Alex Ferguson at the end each cup round in order to progess.
Why not just implement a steroid simulator. Any artificial boosts are then just found out by drug testing, leading to season long bans.
i knew the positive gameplay comments were too much for konami to handle, they had to make all their fans a little less happy as usual
:)) Comments like these are why I love Evo-web. The dark humour and lack of censorship is a breath of fresh air after WENB "other" forums..

I've read the details three times now, each time more slowly than the last, and I really don't see what's so bad about it.

It's as if they said, okay, how do we re-introduce the training and skill card options from PES2010 in a slightly different way that doesn't rollback to PES2010?

Slots for each player and equipment to go in them – some only temporary, making some players have golden seasons after which they regress to old form.

Is it just me who doesn't see any problem here?

+1. but i could not think any bad or good about it though i need to try it myself :P

Next news please... Like PC DEMO :RANT:

You know Konami could easily fix this by simply using boots and training items and a way to accelerate stat growth into specific areas.

Instead they opt for the stupid temporary on/off kinda boost for the items, which boots actually became one of those items.

This is downright stupid. Who put the rpg guy in the football department. This is almost like a freaking card game, destroys realism all together. Though, i don't think it's actually completely gamebreaking. It's like buying for a temporary +10 stat boost to a player, absolutely unrealistic.

It doesn't make sense though, training supposed to be a progressive experience. Im hoping it's just a mistranslation or a bug.

Last edited:

I am a little concerned to be honest. My concern comes from the fact that the player growth will only be based on those elements in ML. Thats not going to be fun though. Realism aside, I wonder if I don't give the boots or the equipment to a player, will that player just stay where he is and not grow at all? What about growth from playing without the magic boots?

Playing ML, I want to put myself in the shoes of a real life manager, having to do and deal with as many of the things that real managers do.

Imagine Sir Alex in real life being awarded a pair of boots from the Premier League for winning his first game of the season. He then has to decide which of his lucky players gets to wear these boots and receive a stat boost. The rest of his poor players, unable to buy their own boots because of their low wages and unable to get sponsorship deals because they only play for Man Utd, will have to make do with generic bland black boots until Sir Alex gets another pair of boots awarded from the Premier League for a special achievement like one of his players scoring from 30 yards or his team keeping 3 clean sheets in a row. Unrealistic, dumb, pointless, laughable...

What's more you'll probably get players coming into the manager's office moaning and asking why they weren't given the special boots. Your choice of answers will be:
a) I promise you'll get the next pair of super boots
b) Sorry, I'll buy you some training poles instead, alright?
c) I didn't think the boots matched your eye colour

Playing ML, I want to put myself in the shoes of a real life manager, having to do and deal with as many of the things that real managers do.

Imagine Sir Alex in real life being awarded a pair of boots from the Premier League for winning his first game of the season. He then has to decide which of his lucky players gets to wear these boots and receive a stat boost. The rest of his poor players, unable to buy their own boots because of their low wages and unable to get sponsorship deals because they only play for Man Utd, will have to make do with generic bland black boots until Sir Alex gets another pair of boots awarded from the Premier League for a special achievement like one of his players scoring from 30 yards or his team keeping 3 clean sheets in a row. Unrealistic, dumb, pointless, laughable...

What's more you'll probably get players coming into the manager's office moaning and asking why they weren't given the special boots. Your choice of answers will be:

Hey wait, wasn't Forlan sacked 'coz he wore boots Sir Alex forbid him to? Hmmm Konami are on to something.

I never kept my promises of playing the complaining players the next game in PES 2012 so I'm sure the AI is going to be much more intelligent and realize that I will be bulshitting him when I promise to get them the amazing boots. Who knows, maybe he will be so smart that he wont leave my office until I get him the boots. :D

Oh, KONAMI wtf?

I cancelled my pre-order this ML is going to be shit.

Unbelievable what they're doing to ML. PES 2012 had some silly stories with players fretting about the shirt number (that actually came with a bug!) and now these magic boots nonsense?
I can't give a f*ck about which boots my guys are playing with.

I'll tell you what, these features would be nice in Become a Legend. Yeah, pimp your player, buy magic boots, steroids, enhancers, tattoos, magic wrist bands, pussy magnet, or whatever... But babysit 30 players in your squad?? Gimme a break.

My main concern is by how much the stats will be boosted. Because I'll most probably ignore this nonsense and play with standard boots and whatever.

Hilarious! :D I agree man, it's most likely that Konami will deliver a very risky idea like this badly. But I can't help but giggle at the player communication potential like that of yours above. "I say gaffer, I'm more than adequate to wear long socks or even leggings, so why where they given to another player?"

Yeah definitely does sound shit.

his example of Carroll was a good one, basically you can turn him into Ibrahimovic if given all the 'correct' boosting which is stupid and will make things ridiculously silly, especially when you consider how high the stats for players already are.

It's not even a case of you not doing it because the AI will so yeah its buggered :((

I see that Adam has wrote on WENB that players' attributes don't seem to change over time as you would expect - instead it's just through this new system of boosting.

That... is proper bobbar.

Boosts from training +++ Like like like
-Happens in real life temporal specialized training boost for keey opponents

Boost from boots wtf:
-Dumbest thing since nba 2k11 my player mode

I knew it had to do with boosts i said it from the start.

Need more details but the only positive is probably we won't get too many all rounded players so more player ID.

But Konami really should have implemented the training program of PES Wii's Champions Road. It's really miles ahead of all next gen PES training.

I see that Adam has wrote on WENB that players' attributes don't seem to change over time as you would expect - instead it's just through this new system of boosting.

That... is proper bobbar.

If that is true then we need to start slapping someone at konami. How did this get through planning and design?
Bad enoguh player id is not always specific to players. Why is konami killing its own legacy of individuality?

They need to make ML arcade mode and ML sim Mode.

Last edited:

This is what happens when you try to get deals with companies to license their product. I bet it was part of a deal to get more nike addidas umbro puma and mitre boots

Back
Top Bottom