PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot, did no one on their development team point out this is a stupid idea?

You're making a football simulation not a fucking JRPG.

I hope they take this change of ML back before the final release or that they make it an option right at the start with a big red warning-shield: You want to play japanese-style-RPG in ML with magic boots and other stuff improving the player's stats? Press here.

Otherwise Konami would have single-handedly destroyed the biggest and most important single-player-mode. Even more ironic and sad, that it happens now when Konami seems to get the gameplay better and the future shining bright with the Fox-engine nearing.

It's nearly like Harakiri. :DOH:

I can't see anywhere that says that players don't develop apart from using the items to stat boost. I'm pretty sure you can still train and develop players, it's just adding a little bit extra to specific players. But the fact that you remove these items from a player and their stats are then lowered however much the item stat boosted in the first place is a farce.

I absolutely hate the idea.
http://kitanamedia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8661&start=40#p303914

This might be what you're looking for, top post on the page. Doesn't seem to me like natural progression is in.

Oh and I find it really, really odd that Konami have been so quiet about this. Last year they promoted their new Football Life game mode all over the place before release, this time, and for a far bigger change in the game, it seems like Adam pretty much came across it and then had to ask Konami if he could speak about it. Really, really odd. It's like Konami are embarrassed by it too.

So what happened to Seabass then? Whilst visiting Adams poll I seen people saying that hes no longer involved with PES. If they sacked him its a bit late, should of been done after he produced utter crap for 3 consecutive years, not after he started to turn things around. And then look at the fruits of his replacement, a ML where you have to earn branded boots which give stat boosts to the player wearing them(still struggling to believe it). PES2012 may have been the last PES for me if this is the shape of things to come.

Last edited:

http://kitanamedia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8661&start=40#p303914

This might be what you're looking for, top post on the page. Doesn't seem to me like natural progression is in.

Oh, shit, didn't see that. It gets worse :(

So, no training mode at all, possibly no stat progression beyond the items themselves, and those stat boosts are removed if you drop and item from a player, with the staff constantly talking to you about it? Blimey. Konami have totally lost the plot. This isn't aimed at European audiences at all any more.

So I wonder what will happen with youth players then? They traditionally start off poor and get trained up and gain stats through experience and playing. So will they start off as good as other players, with no levels of potential to reach, because there is no player training any more?

I'm considering not buying the game at all now. It's the only game mode I play.

Oh, and I just read Adam saying you can pay points to treat injury, to get a player fit almost instantly if you have the points. Like, as Adam says, a power up.

So, I'd imagine there'll be a scenario where your captain breaks his leg just before the January transfer window, you start to look around for a replacement, maybe on a season-long loan, and then you remember you can just buy an 'item' that allows you to choose how many points to spent to fix his injury. Spend them all and just get him instantly recovered from his broken leg and back in the starting eleven three days later. That's so bad it's hilarious.

So much for taking Seabass off the production team.These "new" guys are dickheads in all appearances

I think you guys are overreacting. No one has even tried it yet.

Anywho, given the massive strides in gameplay I put in my preorder for PC version. Gameplay improvements are undeniable.

Long live the King.

You don't need to try an absolutely terrible idea.No need at all.Just the thought of it makes me cringe

I think you guys are overreacting. No one has even tried it yet.

Anywho, given the massive strides in gameplay I put in my preorder for PC version. Gameplay improvements are undeniable.

Long live the King.

What are you? These are clearly mode breaking changes to the most widely played mode.

If I can help get the message across by not buying, I will do so.

What really stinks is that I was looking forward to playing in La Liga with all the stadiums it was going to include. One step forward, 2 steps back with this BS.

just to calm everyone down a bit - the game has gone gold so they wont be changing any of this before release

What king? This is game breaker for MANY people now.

Gameplay alone won't save this shit.

Master League is what most people play. Now they ruined it.

As to no-one has played it yet... Yes, from here no-one did play it, but Adam has.

If he says it's bad, terrible and whatnot, I believe him for the first time in ages.

And seeing above posts and screenshots... I hope KONAMI gets their heads from their asses and listens to European community more. -.-

This is like forcing people to play FIFA 13 until PES 2014 comes!!!!!!!

I don't like it much, and the sad thing is there is no way this will be changed, even later with a patch. Why? Because it's obviously a way to make real life products more visible in the game. It's basically ads. No doubt Konami got a bit more this year from Nike and co. So this stays.

My thoughts exactly. I love RPGs/JRPGs and their mechanics, but this I'll have to wait and see.

I'd love this all to be reduced to overreacting. Heres hoping...

The core ideas just seem to be childish in the extreme.

LinkinG accessories to key areas of player development (if this is what is being introduced here) seems like massively juvenile way of developing ML.

No there is none. If you watch it, you need to apply bought item to the player and it will make +3 to speed in his speed stats.

Bullshit idea.

It's clearly evident that there are some elements that can improve +3 stats, but the real training is still there, otherwise what are those tools like stepwatch and poles for?

It says: Makes SPEED TRAINING more effective, so speed, shooting, and other training are still there.

Why not just leave it on the winning eleven brethren in japan if they like shit like that.

Its the run bug allover again!

Need details though before I spam the hell out of @JonMurphy_PES and @officialpes #pes2013.

I aint gonna let this just go by.

Who's to say PES2014 with its new won't have more of this R.P.G drivel ? What if they develop it even more ?

geez, everyone is over reacting like little bitches.. you just read some rumours and you want to bomb Konami headquarters, LOL

come on people ffs

Well Adam has hinted that this is the direction Konami could be taking PES2014, so he must have had some indicators that point to the possibility of this being extended in the next game. So much for Fox Engine, next they'll be having turn based shooting!

Lord, this reminds me a bit of Inazuma Eleven on the DS! You can equip your players with different boots or give them certain items to raise their stats.
tumblr_lv749tHpZt1qh4ulvo1_500.gif

Great JRPG, but not something I'd want to see in PES. :YAWN: Still, we'll see. One thing is for certain, I'll definitely use a ML boot patch to give everyone their proper boots.

geez, everyone is over reacting like little bitches.. you just read some rumours and you want to bomb Konami headquarters, LOL

come on people ffs

Totally agree.

It's the best pes ever. Clearly.

I just cannot comprehend how this two bit idea ever got off the ground in the first place. I mean ideas such as these should be still born given how nonsensical they are. Konami display all the traits of a cult sometimes

I just cannot comprehend how this two bit idea ever got off the ground in the first place. I mean ideas such as these should be still born given how nonsensical they are. Konami display all the traits of a cult sometimes

Its japanese developers. They might think its a cool feature. The eastern world thinks differently to the west. We may deem something uncool and they find it fascinating.

When I was in china (ok its not japan but you get my drift). They found silly things amusing and have an almost naïve sense of humor. Look how long it took them to realise dogheads are not cool and neither is riding an ostrich.

That's just the way they are,

Not a gamebreaker for me unless its incorporated online. I fell out of love with ML loooong ago.

Back
Top Bottom