PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Will there be an option to hurl the boots at your players like Fergie did to Beckham?

After ML news...

PES 2014 (imagine it with Fox Engine)

captain_tsubasa_vol._ii-_super_striker-140347-3.jpeg

I'm overally disappointed with ML all these past years.

PES 4 had the best ML ever for me at least.

Player development was introduced then if i recall it well (early-standard,late peak etc), and after every ML game, 11-14 players who played in it gained XP and raised their stats, so in 3 seasons a youngster through constant playing turned into a star, and older players had their stats deplete(but not drastically if you played them a lot), etc. It was a perfect development for a ML in a PES game.

Free training was also in ML i think, it didn't give you much stats and ability raise(unless you played training for 1 hour), but it was a fine and fun realistic addition.

Transfers were also properly done, you could select an offering for each player, select his contract wage, etc. And what do you do now, you hire coaches and scouts and chairmen to do it, thus adding "realism" but in fact it's all automated.

Gameplay was also great for that time, then we also had the 3rd kits added later on, crowd number was also selectable and stadium effects and some other stuff.

Wish of most of the people was/is to add more leagues, the youth team that actually is a youth team with new regens, or at least add 50 young new players to appear in game world as free agents so they can be bought by you and AI clubs, rather then classic players, and 17 year old messi, etc. Also, ability to move to other teams, on wishlist for many years. Day time games too, snow and proper rain(weather which they broke in 2012, you can't see it rain in-game anymore)

We're not asking for a football manager master league PES, just for a bit of realism, so it can be fun for infinite seasons and not boring unreal and repetitive after 2-3 seasons.

But it's as if after PES 6, all PES developers made a collective suicide, and some new people came, who make the game and ML worse and worse every year. They add 2 good things and 4 bad things every year now...and also remove 3 good things.

But oh well, last hope is on PES 2014 and the new engine and big changes and everything then. If it doesn't happen then, it never will.

Guess i'll just stick to MLO and offline with friends this year, unless they ruined that as well.

:TUMBLE:

I'm overally disappointed with ML all these past years.

PES 4 had the best ML ever for me at least.

Player development was introduced then if i recall it well (early-standard,late peak etc), and after every ML game, 11-14 players who played in it gained XP and raised their stats, so in 3 seasons a youngster through constant playing turned into a star, and older players had their stats deplete(but not drastically if you played them a lot), etc. It was a perfect development for a ML in a PES game.

Free training was also in ML i think, it didn't give you much stats and ability raise(unless you played training for 1 hour), but it was a fine and fun realistic addition.

Transfers were also properly done, you could select an offering for each player, select his contract wage, etc. And what do you do now, you hire coaches and scouts and chairmen to do it, thus adding "realism" but in fact it's all automated.

Gameplay was also great for that time, then we also had the 3rd kits added later on, crowd number was also selectable and stadium effects and some other stuff.

Wish of most of the people was/is to add more leagues, the youth team that actually is a youth team with new regens, or at least add 50 young new players to appear in game world as free agents so they can be bought by you and AI clubs, rather then classic players, and 17 year old messi, etc. Also, ability to move to other teams, on wishlist for many years. Day time games too, snow and proper rain(weather which they broke in 2012, you can't see it rain in-game anymore)

We're not asking for a football manager master league PES, just for a bit of realism, so it can be fun for infinite seasons and not boring unreal and repetitive after 2-3 seasons.

But it's as if after PES 6, all PES developers made a collective suicide, and some new people came, who make the game and ML worse and worse every year. They add 2 good things and 4 bad things every year now...and also remove 3 good things.

But oh well, last hope is on PES 2014 and the new engine and big changes and everything then. If it doesn't happen then, it never will.

Guess i'll just stick to MLO and offline with friends this year, unless they ruined that as well.

:TUMBLE:

Agree with this 100%, the ML model was absolutely fine for PES 4. It just needed to be slowly evolved, built upon. They just seem to want to re-invent the wheel every game, like they assume players will be bored if it's not a entirely new experience.

The XP system worked fantastically well. If you wanted to develop a young player, you'd sub him on for the last 20 so he's was slowly cultivated into a decent player. Off-season training, a thorough search system, play-off matches. I don't understand why they strip down whats already implemented and then replace them with more simplistic features.

Like I said earlier, this proposed system would be fine if the whole package was an arcade experience. But it isn't, they've tailored the gameplay toward more of a simulation, which is completely at odds with what the rest of the game. The type of player that wants these flashy boot boosts won't be playing PES, they'll be playing FIFA as it has all that in UT + more action focused gameplay.

guys someone explain to me what will happen to ml!! i was far for the last 2 days and i just red the last page and i dont understand anything! anyone explain to me plz?

I reckon they cut some extra deals with some sports vendors and promised to promote their merchandise 'more prominently' in turn – Look! if you buy this Nike shoe, you run 5 mph faster!

If it was like in Top Spin 4, where you can buy all kinds of stuff – beards, tattoos and other nonsense – but it doesn't influence the performance of your player, I couldn't care less. But this – basically hijacking your own stats-system for the sake of some silly BS by the sound of it – is just outright idiotic.

Way to ruin your franchise...

guys someone explain to me what will happen to ml!! i was far for the last 2 days and i just red the last page and i dont understand anything! anyone explain to me plz?

To keep it short, you basically can't develop your players except by using two new methods. Methods so stupid I can't even understand why or who...?

Anyways, the two methods are by equiping your players with boots or training equipment. You use points you earn from games to buy boots and equipment. Oh wait, there is a catch, too. You can only use the equipment that you buy on only one player and it comes with expiration date. I hope that helped.

This is supposed to be a football game and final fucking fantasy.This would be the most stupid Konami would include in their game.A total game breaker for me.
This is how they're trying to get some new customers off the big rival ? If anything this will destroy PES' sales.

Am I the only one that has a sneaky suspicion that a large chunk of the Japanese WE-playing fans will love this? Like, that's what those fans get excited about?

There's a PHD paper out there for some creative student - the difference in game habits of the Japanese vs. the West and what it says about each society.

Where in the world have football boots have had such an impact on the actual playing of things :LOL: ? I'm actually lost for words that such a stupid idea like that would get brought up never mind included in a game by a big company like Konami.
This is suicide marketing, EA doesn't even have to improve on their game massively, Konami are slitting their own throat

Am I the only one that has a sneaky suspicion that a large chunk of the Japanese WE-playing fans will love this? Like, that's what those fans get excited about?

There's a PHD paper out there for some creative student - the difference in game habits of the Japanese vs. the West and what it says about each society.

certainly. whichb is why theyve done it most likely (they are japenese themselves after all...)

they probably only read evo-web.jap and not .co.uk lol

I hope you're taking the piss.

I'm deadly serious.
I don't see what is so dramatic about these changes.
The ML has more serious issues than this. I don't like the form arrows the last years. The fact that there is no real stamina bar. The fact that the game does not take into account team and player form. A player who has scored a hattrick can have a purple arrow down the next match. A team that has lost 14 consecutive matches plays like Barcelona. The CPU cheating...

In fact if i understand this, this adds a strategic element to the ML.

I would explain it but the beauty of your avatar-girl makes me forget everything else. Who's that girl? :LOVE:

Quick-time events. Arcade style 'AWESOME!' or 'NICE!' flashes when you execute a perfectly timed strike. Coloured boots dotted around the pitch that when you pick up given you a huge acceleration boost. Bosses in the style of a colossus Alex Ferguson at the end each cup round in order to progess. Anime style haircuts allround. Obligatory japanese style techno.

also the chance to perform fatalities to teams fighting relegations and getting extra credits for that

about every player wearing every boot, wouldn't it violate some of the player's exclusivity contracts?
i mean, one thing is to manipulate the game yourself to make Messi wear Nike shoes.. but what about the game doing that to increase his stats? i hope i'm making myself clear.. i'm talking about copyrights and stuff like that.

i wouldn't mind to see Messi using flashy Mercurial vapors.. and when i say i wouldn't mind, i mean i couldn't care less.

i'm happy i've pre-ordered this game and eve if i'm not really into ML, i'd give this one a try.
last year i was bored to death with Football life.. i only enjoyed BAL out of those game modes

I'm deadly serious.
The ML has more serious issues than this. I don't like the form arrows the last years. The fact that there is no real stamina bar. The fact that the game does not take into account team and player form. A player who has scored a hattrick can have a purple arrow down the next match. A team that has lost 14 consecutive matches plays like Barcelona. The CPU cheating...

"because there are so many other problems with the game this huge problem is not a problem"

your logic, there's a flaw in it.

I'm deadly serious.

I don't get you.Wouldn't it better if they spent their time fixing those "more serious issues" instead of coming up with a truly terrible new thing to add to the ML ?

How the f**k can this measure up with all the other gameplay changes? I mean can you listen to the "community" to elevate the core elements of the game only if it comes at the expense of one the popular modes? Who the feck makes these decisions at Konami? No-one ever asked for nonsense like what is being touted here. If this is the reality of ML this year then i'll have to pass as this is the mode i play. Talk about fecking up a release!

Now i'll freely admit that i am banging this out under the influence of several ales but what fecking excuse does Konami have for serving up this shite? Boots being the determinor of player development? Are you fecking serious?! Who the feck makes a decision like this? I know they all got mash up at Gamescom this year but feckin hell, this is moronic. Surely they have to wise up? Surely?

How can you trade in realism and immersion in one fell swoop like this? It beggars belief.

Ashamed to be a Murphy tonight....

Alright thats the bevy talking...but for ffs...........

I'm deadly serious.

I agree with a lot of those issues you list but I think this is bigger because it signals a change in direction for Konami with the ML, shifting focus from the players and the sport itself over to equipment etc. They have given ML a Japanese RPG style direction with these additions, which imo is a terrible idea for a football game, especially the classic ML mode that so many have loved for so long.

I'm deadly serious.

Which is why most people here are angry. Because Konami doesn't fix those but instead making a new problem. They're going to the opposite way...

Yeah those issues are real but how the feck are they remedied by this nonsense? (not suggesting thats what you are saying).

This is infantalising the game on a grand scale.

I just can't get my head around the discussions that must have taken place about this inclusion. I mean didn't anybody have the where with all to point out that this was going to go down like a 2 dollar hooker?

To keep it short, you basically can't develop your players except by using two new methods. Methods so stupid I can't even understand why or who...?

I can't see anywhere that says that players don't develop apart from using the items to stat boost. I'm pretty sure you can still train and develop players, it's just adding a little bit extra to specific players. But the fact that you remove these items from a player and their stats are then lowered however much the item stat boosted in the first place is a farce.

I absolutely hate the idea.

Yep, exactly. It's another case of Konami saying a big 'fuck you' to western gamers, and is aimed at the Japanese market for sure - which is odd, because Konami are opening a new studio in Europe.

I'm deadly serious.

I kind of agree and disagree, really. I see where you're coming from, there are TONS of problems with ML and this could still be a fun diversion from the norm but it's not what most people are after.

I mean FFS why can't some bright spark at Konami say 'y'know what, lets add a stamina system, sort out the player interaction, or 'lets add a cap to how much you can improve a player based on the facilities your club has, forcing you to spend club money on improving them'...or even, maybe, allow players to be transferred again in part exchange deals.

How about even being able to buy training equipment that will allow groups of players to evolve in a certain way, allowing you to mould their abilities, but done in a believable way. Making a players' speed increase because he's wearing a specific brand of Nike boot is both nonsensical and ultra commercial. They're basically ramming product brands down our throat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom