PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Adam has made a thread at Wenb about the ML to get feedback - there is nothing in it, though. apparently information will be available later today.

Pretty sure it's this:

There is a wide range of items which can be used to help player development.
Some are only available in online matches.

In general, there are 2 types of items.

<Consumable Items>
These are items which will be spent if used once. They include items which may help with fatigue recovery or shorten recovery time from injuries.

<Equipping Items>
Equipping Items can be placed into a player's pocket and when equipped, they can earn the player bonus points in training or boost some stats.

Please note that some items have a expiry date.

Any boots you obtain can then be worn by players who play for your team.

Each pair of boots is unique in that some boots can boost the shooting stats of the players wearing them while others may boost their agility.

Some players in other teams may be wearing such special boots and you will be able to obtain them should you choose to sign him.

Taken from game's text strings.

:CONFUSE:

Err.................

Are you scared for the thread? Seriously i can taste the tension in the air. I just hope he is over reacting cos any fixing they would need to do at this stage could end us with a delayed or bug ridden game.

Is a bad game mode better than a buggy game?

Master League, Skyrim edition? I can see why this is considered a step away from reality. Buy some boots and everyone on the team can wear them?

"Oh look, one of the players had Athlete's foot, and since the squad has been sharing boots, now everyone has them and the whole team has a purple arrow before the next match"

The possibilities are endless

Adam

This thread is in place to try and explain PES 2013 Master League, and to detail the changes. It will presented to you in a factual way, with no opinions or bias, and at the end we would like you to submit your vote using the poll link at the end of this post. If you are not viewing this information on WENB, then still feel free to use the poll, your opinion is valued, and you don't need to be a member to take part.

INTRODUCTION

Initially, Master League looks the same as last year. Choosing real life players or fake players is now a simple option, as Konami have removed the PES Shop. More on this element at a later date. After you choose the look and nationality of your persona, you enter the press conference where you are presented to the media.

Sat at your desk, you are introduced to your secretary, and she talks you through everything in ML, similar to last year. You are briefly introduced to the new boots acquisition and shop within ML, but nothing in-depth.

The start of change

As you enter your first match, you’ll realize all your players are wearing plain black boots. Not only that, the opposition players are also wearing plain boots. After the match, I was awarded a pair of Nike boots.

In ML, you unlock boots to assign to players, and this will give them a stat boost. The boots you acquire though can only be assigned to one player. I unlocked around 4 boots in my first season. They have different abilities, so by unlocking the Adidas F50 it will give the player I assign it to a boost in pace.

It’s important to remember that the opposition are going through the same process. I played Barcelona in the CL, and players like Messi and Iniesta were wearing fake boots. Not one of the opposition player was wearing a boot they would in real life, but they had on different boots with different abilities.

Micro-boosting

In ML you have a new menu called Items, which consists of ‘Shop, Item List and Equipment’. The shop has access to 18 different stat boosting abilities, from strength training with dumbbells, to a cycling machine that helps stamina. These items cost points, which you gain from playing the game in general. So, Konami have removed PES Shop of old, and implemented it into ML.

What’s key to remember is that each element purchased can only be assigned to one player. Also, some elements last for a set amount of time, like a season.

Each player in ML now has an Item menu, which allows 3 slots, plus a boot slot. So you can give them 3 different stat boosts, and then boots to compliment that.

As an example, you could give a player like Andy Carroll stat boosts in dribbling and pace, and Adidas F50 boots.

Here's a screen as an example, showing Abbiati with dribbling cones on one item slot, attacking stat boost on another, and Nike Tiempo boots:

2hhqckj.jpg

Overall

To sum up, ML has become a mode that looks to move away from a traditional approach over the years, and incorporates a less authentic approach but heavy game elements in a bid to keep you playing for longer.

Are you scared for the thread? Seriously i can taste the tension in the air. I just hope he is over reacting cos any fixing they would need to do at this stage could end us with a delayed or bug ridden game.

Is a bad game mode better than a buggy game?

My reaction was in reply to anderson's post. Oh looks like Adam has posted!

Master League, Skyrim edition? I can see why this is considered a step away from reality. Buy some boots and everyone on the team can wear them?

"Oh look, one of the players had Athlete's foot, and since the squad has been sharing boots, now everyone has them and the whole team has a purple arrow before the next match"

The possibilities are endless
Haha! Yes I hope to see the possibility of these precious boots being too small due to an admin error (maybe buying your PA an IT training course would have helped). The entire team out with broken metatarsals. Also, going down the Spurs route, will Gaviscon be available for 100GP per player following dodgy lasagne?

That.... that's it?! Konami add a game mechanic that allows for micro-boosting, making an already 'gamey' game mode a touch more so, in a harmless manner that I'm interested to find out about now, and we have this End of the World for 12 hours?

The guy doesn't do himself any favours, does he?

God this looks and sounds terrible.

Goodbye PES this year if it doesn't get changed!!

This is unrealistic, lacks any authentic feeling. It's just PES-RPG style Master League mode. Terrible. Absolutely terrible decision by KONAMI.

You ruin your own game and force people to choose FIFA instead.

Oh man, I'm raging with anger here now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

I've read the details three times now, each time more slowly than the last, and I really don't see what's so bad about it.

It's as if they said, okay, how do we re-introduce the training and skill card options from PES2010 in a slightly different way that doesn't rollback to PES2010?

Slots for each player and equipment to go in them – some only temporary, making some players have golden seasons after which they regress to old form.

Is it just me who doesn't see any problem here?

It is a problem. Read again.

That means players like Iniesta/Xavi/Messi and such will be randomized. This is not realistic and kills ML on the spot for a lot of people.

It's probably fine for Default ML teams though with Castolo and such, but... I don't like the direction KONAMI takes.

It's meh. FIFA career mode compared to this will be God send (with somewhat broken gameplay mechanics, but still enjoyable from what I have played :P). ;)

Shame as KONAMI had everything to make ML great this year (even if they took Master League from PES 2010/2011 and packed it with current demo2 gameplay).

Gotta say though, ML never aimed to be realistic, it certainly wasn't on the PS2 days.

But this is football! Equip element and bump stats! This isn't RPG fgs!

Gah.. I don't know what to say. I want PES 2010 individual training back, but certainly not this way!

I don't like it much, and the sad thing is there is no way this will be changed, even later with a patch. Why? Because it's obviously a way to make real life products more visible in the game. It's basically ads. No doubt Konami got a bit more this year from Nike and co. So this stays.

Quick-time events. Arcade style 'AWESOME!' or 'NICE!' flashes when you execute a perfectly timed strike. Coloured boots dotted around the pitch that when you pick up given you a huge acceleration boost. Bosses in the style of a colossus Alex Ferguson at the end each cup round in order to progess. Anime style haircuts allround. Obligatory japanese style techno.

It’s important to remember that the opposition are going through the same process. I played Barcelona in the CL, and players like Messi and Iniesta were wearing fake boots. Not one of the opposition player was wearing a boot they would in real life, but they had on different boots with different abilities.

Here. Boots give you new abilities. Default boots are randomized. Way out of my head what is this about.

KONAMI had made good base on Football life last year. Now they changed it, for what reason exactly?! I doubt it's what people wanted to see -.-

Let's wait for more opinions on this matter.

Another overreaction from wenb. I though it might be something like you had no choice in what players you bought or no promotion or relegation or no champions league in master league. I think the fact that the opposition have default boots is stupid but not a game breaker and the other things we basically knew about since the screens of the training were shown ages ago. I mean when anybody else points out flaws he jumps off the handle or says trust Konami to do their job but something he doesn't like he throws a hissy fit and a complete overreaction that makes us all think that the game has been ruined

Here. Boots give you new abilities. Default boots are randomized. Way out of my head what is this about.

KONAMI had made good base on Football life last year. Now they changed it, for what reason exactly?! I doubt it's what people wanted to see -.-

Let's wait for more opinions on this matter.

Default boots don't have any stat-based effects. As time passes the players on every team will acquire boots and equipment that will boost their stats. From the sounds of it, some stat-changes are temporary.

The impression I get from Adam's description is that he's upset about the top players not wearing proper boots. If so, his reaction is as much about his personal tastes in a football game - wanting to see proper kits etc. - as it is about micro-stat-boosting.

The more I think about how it'll work the more I think it sounds like a good, strategic addition to ML.

Somebody convince me to be outraged. I want to be!

The specific boot boosting sounds similar to My Player in NBA 2K but I don't like the sound of Konami's version.

I've read the details three times now, each time more slowly than the last, and I really don't see what's so bad about it.

It's as if they said, okay, how do we re-introduce the training and skill card options from PES2010 in a slightly different way that doesn't rollback to PES2010?

Slots for each player and equipment to go in them – some only temporary, making some players have golden seasons after which they regress to old form.

Is it just me who doesn't see any problem here?
I don't see much to cry about in all honesty. I even see potential fun for modding, i.e buying a custom dummy (pacifier) for your whinging fringe players to suck on.

Recently I've been pondering how ML could incorporate a system where via your players can be given boosts in training and stats etc to, in a roundabout Konami way, represent what we see a lot of in real life - players having a great season or two. This would take a lot of implementation by Konami, it'd have to work in such a way where it wasn't just your human-controlled side having access to these boosts, so to speak.

It's not authentic, but if they represent proper club management in their own special way then I'd at least give it a try. As long as it isn't given the sole focus of ML and that isn't 27 screens to flick through between every day or match.

Training didn't make any difference in PES2012 though, let's not forget. For my last ML, consisting of 5 seasons, I didn't train anyone at all and still saw stats rise for all my players under 30.

Default boots don't have any stat-based effects. As time passes the players on every team will acquire boots and equipment that will boost their stats. From the sounds of it, some stat-changes are temporary.

The impression I get from Adam's description is that he's upset about the top players not wearing proper boots. If so, his reaction is as much about his personal tastes in a football game - wanting to see proper kits etc. - as it is about micro-stat-boosting.

The more I think about how it'll work the more I think it sounds like a good, strategic addition to ML.

Well, ok.

I thought KONAMI wanted to make realistic game.

Let's see, FIFA 13 Career Mode offers authenticity and realism, KONAMI with PES 2013 just admitted it's Arcade game.

Doesn't matter what happens on the pitch. It's Arcade-Whore-Fest game with sh*t features packed into Manager Mode.

So stupid and pathetic it's actually funny.

You will get the game and you will start moaning at it. Guaranteed to happen ;). Just like it happened with football life this year (players moaning, training being not so well thought off, etc.).

It's like people say for KONAMI and PES team, 1 step forward, 2 step backwards.

I guess some things, never change :(.

are these stat boosts much the same as red/green/yellow/purple arrows?
temp stat boosts? if so not much different then the arrows jsut more specific on which stat

If we are talking about something that accelerates stat boosting over time (which i already in the game) It wouldn't be so bad. But if it's a case of "wear these boots, go from 73 to 76" that would be awful.

Well, ok.

I thought KONAMI wanted to make realistic game.

Let's see, FIFA 13 Career Mode offers authenticity and realism, KONAMI with PES 2013 just admitted it's Arcade game.

Doesn't matter what happens on the pitch. It's Arcade-Whore-Fest game with sh*t features packed into Manager Mode.

So stupid and pathetic it's actually funny.

You will get the game and you will start moaning at it. Guaranteed to happen ;). Just like it happened with football life this year (players moaning, training being not so well thought off, etc.).

It's like people say for KONAMI and PES team, 1 step forward, 2 step backwards.

I guess some things, never change :(.
when every player feels the same in fifa, it is not authentic at all, it is bland

I hate it, depends on how you see the game. I even thought the training mechanics in the last game was too extreme, in that you could unrealistically shape your team too excessive styles.

ML, for me, is about accomodating the team to suit your players, then slowly building it toward you preference. The pay-off is when you land that really luxurious player, who immediately makes an impact.

Although, stats boosting, gimmicky nonsense just destroys that for me. If this was Sensible Soccer, or New Star Soccer, or whatever. Then fine. But I want a simulation, and this goes completely against that.

Ideally I'll just play online and it won't effect me. Although, I shudder to think how they've altered MLO this year. TURBO BOOSTS ALL ROUND, JET BURSTS ON THE HEEL OF BOOTS! SPEED, EXTREME, YEAH!

Another overreaction from wenb. I though it might be something like you had no choice in what players you bought or no promotion or relegation or no champions league in master league. I think the fact that the opposition have default boots is stupid but not a game breaker and the other things we basically knew about since the screens of the training were shown ages ago. I mean when anybody else points out flaws he jumps off the handle or says trust Konami to do their job but something he doesn't like he throws a hissy fit and a complete overreaction that makes us all think that the game has been ruined

Completely agree. While whimsical and not the route I'd take if designing the game, this news definitely isn't a "darkest PES day in history" as far as I can see. It's not like we haven't had boots boosting abilities in a PES game before.

Back
Top Bottom