PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

It's nothing to do with online/offline, Adam specifically mentioned that it's less authentic, so I imagine they will have introduced some crazy shit like buy a training pole and all your players gain +5 agility.

That wouldn't ruin it though - you could always choose. The things that would ruin it for me:

1. You HAVE to do the training to improve players. Every week.
2. You HAVE to start at a lower league club and work your way up.
3. Konami randomly fill the leagues with players.

I can't really think of anything else.

Cool to be able to watch a replay of the trainin challenges, especially now when I fired the ball into the face of the keeper who acted like nothing had happened

I can see a 'story' mode being incorporated into ML, for example to 'advance' you have to win these matches and in this manner, so its the Champions League Final and your 0-1 with 20 minutes on the clock, your BAP and controlling Player X go and win the match to progress and win the cup.

On Wenb forum I read people's comments saying that the Euro demo is different from the US demo, then I downloaded to see if this is true and, yes, it's easily notable since you make the first touchs on the ball.

Euro Demo >>>>> US demo. In EUro, the pace of the game seems to be untouchable compared to demo 1, wich is great because I loved the pace of demo 1 and the majority of people also loved it. And one very important thing is that the weight/inertia of players in Euro demo is also like Demo 1, you really feel some weight when trapping and making some turns, individuality becomes more evident. IN US demo Barça all players are a bit too "light", their turn when trapping the ball is always quick and you don't feel any weight, and it's like this for all players.

I really, REALLY HOPE that Konami release the US version just as the same Euro gameplay version. If the differences in the final release are the same as in the Demo 2, I will have to buy the Euro Version somewhere, even though I live in Brazil. FUCK ONLINE! lolololol...

I will be very pissed if Konami do this to me (releasing different versions of gameplay)....

People treat Adam as a god or something even though ave his comments are highly questionable.

I would pray that Konami doesn't decide to make the US-version the template for all final releases. I wouldn't put it beyond them.

PES is all about ML for me. If that got borked then... :(

Saying that, who knows, I might like the changes and see them as refreshing. I just hope they didn't break it. Through the years ML has always grown bigger, so I doubt it went backwards there.

PES is all about ML for me. If that got borked then... :(

Saying that, who knows, I might like the changes and see them as refreshing. I just hope they didn't break it. Through the years ML has always grown bigger, so I doubt it went backwards there.

I bet it´s nothing... that guy from WEB is too dramatic for my taste, he likes attention.

I've actually been playing Bal quite a bit lately in 2012 and I can't figure out what part of that might have "slipped" into the ML. If this is the case. Also I'm trying to think of what would kill ML for me. Online only would, most certainly. That would be a mental move on their part. Not being able to scout and buy players yourself. All players being available for all teams - that is, you could have multiple Neymars, for example. These all sound mad, I know,I'm sure it's something more subtle. Still, absolutely game-mode breaking, it seems. we will have to wait and see.

I just thought of something, Bal has "missions" where you have to do certain tasks for (small) rewards. Score 7.0 or higher, don't get a yellow, etc. Maybe they have put this into ML.

These things don't break it for me though. Maybe you're forced to start in Div2 with a random team like BAL. Maybe no more being able to choose a team and picking whether you want real players or ML fake player i.e. Castolo and co.

What else...

Maybe they are using micro transactions in the game now. Or maybe you have to talk to your players before and after every match like in 2012 when you try to sell shit players

I just thought of something, Bal has "missions" where you have to do certain tasks for (small) rewards. Score 7.0 or higher, don't get a yellow, etc. Maybe they have put this into ML.
Score a mighty 7.0? In Konami's tough love terms I'm guessing that's score a hat-trick over 90 minutes with only 2 shots allowed. And nosh off Sepp Blatter at half-time.

These things don't break it for me though. Maybe you're forced to start in Div2 with a random team like BAL. Maybe no more being able to choose a team and picking whether you want real players or ML fake player i.e. Castolo and co.

What else...

Bal would be great if you get to go through a youth system maybe 2 seasons before the 12/13 season starts so you have better control on the mould of your players. als oif performance trainign is used to hone your skills like in pes 5 and not just dumb points system

What else...

All Master league games are played at night:PUKE:

My guess at this apparent balls-up is that the items they've added to ML for things like training, such as dumbbells, creatine powders and "ripped in 4 weeks" spam emails, are to either be earned by playing MLO and / or purchasing them with real monies. Cash or MLO progress for GP.

Could also involve GP being used for wage & transfer funds, or a special Seabass-fronted chopstick edition of Donkey Kong: Jungle Beats where you play a rhythm game to encourage your players to get jiggy with it on the training pitch and bond the team more. Super downside - you do it every fucking day and there'll always be a fringe player complaining he "never gets in the first row and feels he is more than adequate".

LOL I nearly lost it reading that at work. Creatine powder loading schedules and all that.

the only thing that could make the ML worse than 2012's is to put more repetitive screens in between matches..

It really works and it works in PES12 too. But to be honest is this what we want? Let the AI defend and don't defend by yourself and suddenly it looks like a good game of football?

It is a game not a movie. What is next? Let the AI take all the headers?

Konami need to find a better balance between attacking and defending.

I know what you're saying but every time you select a player, you could be interrupting his running path. If he's going to cover the guy with the ball, but you want to change players to defend the striker who may receive the through ball, your players might cross paths or something. In that second or two, you're out of position and bang, they exploit the space.

The AI movement is happening all over - do you REALLY need to win the ball back as soon as the AI has it? If the defensive AI gives too much space, press the secondary pressure button. I only change cursor if it's a really dangerous situation that the AI hasn't covered or if I'm in a good position to win the ball back.

I did this also on FIFA World Cup/FIFA 11 before tactical defending came in and it works really well. Pulling your defense out of shape is the easiest way to concede a goal. You don't have to sit there and watch for the whole time you're in your own half. Just avoiding constant player switching helps.

All I wanted from ML this year was more realistic transfers and New regenerated players, mostly coming from the country of the club you control. No more young Robbens.

Those were the only two things I wanted, and would have kept me playing for the next year w/o stopping.

I was enjoying the demos and was finally looking forward to playing a long ML. Goddamit. Worse news ever.

The other thing I am thinking is that this whole things is a stunt. Adam will say that his input made konami change its mind, bringing new glory to his site. I highly doubt it, but I almost wish this was it at this point.

Played a stack of games last night and I wrote a comment from bed on my phone so I couldn't delve further but I'll say it again. Pitchside cam on default speed didn't feel as zippy as it should but changing it to Long Cam default speed was good.

Now the shooting...seen some absolute rockets from the guys who you'd expect to hit the ball hard. But also seen a couple of shots where the body position looked right but the shot moved too slowly. I'll need to test it out further but I'm hoping that it's just a matter of holding down the shoot button longer for someone with less kicking power. I'd hope that gives the ball extra power and not just extra height.

Also hit an R2 shot with the body facing the goal and it had some whip to it but coming it an angle the R2 shots were not that powerful. Need a proper training ground scenario to see if I'm doing something wrong. Or maybe I'll drop difficulty right down so I can practice the shooting.

Did see some really nice shot variations. Llorente turned and hit a half volley that just missed the post and another player hit a side on volley which he scuffed and it bounced a few times and to the keeper. In Demo 1 this shot would have bounced into the ground and gone straight up in the air.

Played few matches on demo 2. I liked more than 1. The pace and speed is a little more faster, but i liked it. The animations are way far better. About the shooting, i like more now than the cannons from the previous one. But i have two unforgivable things:

1. When you make a through pass generally the defender doesn t run to the ball but runs with the attacking player until he get the ball, and the just there he star to defend.

2. GK against top players kickers, on free kicks is awful. Pirlo scored a 30 mts FK and the ball when just right to my GK body. He just made the foolish move ever. Here s the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4brIQyUJf18&

Without this flaws. The game is pure joy.

Last edited:

And you need to stay on topic please.

Copy/pasting PES news from him is one thing, because it's the PES news we want, but quickly going on a rampage to crucify him is another.

It would take some horrible to make Adam write a negative piece on PES.Or maybe what is truly bad for him is great for the majority of us :LOL:
In all honesty, really worried about this cause I was picturing myself playing 80% ML and 20% multiplayer with friends

I played BAL a lot and I'm not sure what elements from BAL implemented in ML could break it..

Noticing a lot of strange occurences with PES US demo (I refuse to believ that it different than the US 1)

The ball seems to hit players ankles shins etc a bit too regularly. Its as if they are oblivious to where it is. Notice it when I dribbled with Iniesta against Man us defence. Evans and carrick seemed clueless and allowed the ball to bump off them on 3 occasions and back to Iniesta who finished off with a side footer past De gea. I don't like that they need to be more aware even though the bounce or bump favoured me.

Back
Top Bottom