PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

That's an in-game shot? Wowser.

So I switched to that, and the pressure felt pretty crazy at times. There wasn't a player on my time that didn't have an opponent glued to him. So it was all about quick passing, and getting rid of the ball right away.

You are right..
It's impossible to build up the play because of constant AI pressure (stamina bug???)
All teams apply the same high pressure pattern, no matter pressing value in their tactic.
So unrealistic.

I doubt i will buy the game if these issue will not be addressed.

Last edited:

A keen observer has identified via the preview screenshots in the PS Store that Schalke will be licensed in this years game :
Schalke-580x435.jpg

according to winningelevenblog.com

This game feels so good! manual is very improved. I've already pointed out, but I have to say it again. You can do a lot of things. Only the lob passes can be improved a little bit.
I'm building plays in star and legend levels - dunno if they are the correct names in english, in spanish they are "estrella" and "leyenda" -. I've no problem with IA pressure, I think it is very realistic. E.g., I'm playing with Man Ud, and to build properly my attack in a static possesion I must go through Scholes, but he is covered almost all the time... so what I have to do? first, I will try to pass the ball to him. If he has a very close opponent, I have three options - my CB is who have the ball at the moment -:
- Pass to him the ball, and then he returns immediatly the ball, getting free of his mark with a movement to the right -left.
- Pass the ball to your RB, and then look for Scholes, with the same patern than with your CB.
- Go on with the ball with you CB to the space that the opponent that is covering Scholes is giving you.

So, I think the pressure is well implemented, but you have to play properly to break it.

Does the ref come back to book a player when he left the play go on after a nasty tackle ? I'd be shocked if this doesn't get resolved

No he doesn't.

There is no "get back to the guy who fouled the guy after advantage play is given."

Such a shame because it was in PES3/4/5/6. The ref would even go back at half time to book the player. Pretty much what happens in FIFA now too.

Sad. KONAMI ruined this mechanism :(.

I quite like the Demo, however the stuttering on the xbox 360 ruins it.

Did this happen in previous versions?

It stutters sometimes in PS3 to. In training mode its where i noticed more the stuttering. The strange thing is in the USA demo i did not have any of this problems, just in the EU demo

Last edited:

10 minute games (as in 5 minute halves). Not 10 minute halves.

People should start reading with understanding what is written ;).

Maybe you should practice what you preach ;), the games are 5 mins long with 2 and a half min halfs. WENB said there would be 10 min games which have 5 min halfs in demo 2.

Maybe you should practice what you preach ;), the games are 5 mins long with 2 and a half min halfs. WENB said there would be 10 min games which have 5 min halfs in demo 2.

Is that even possible in Pro Evo?

Someone did time it and the game was once 7 min once 9 <lol>.

The actual f**k.

And still the shortest on demo1 was ~10min... (as in 5min halves).

I want demo#2 on PC now :(. Would time it :D.

Indeed it was my fault then. Apologies ;).

Is that even possible in Pro Evo?

Someone did time it and the game was once 7 min once 9 <lol>.

The actual f**k.

And still the shortest on demo1 was ~10min... (as in 5min halves).

I want demo#2 on PC now :(. Would time it :D.

Indeed it was my fault then. Apologies ;).

i timed it at 7 minutes

i scored two goals and had 2-3 cutscenes, then in the second half i literally just kept the ball the whole time. so with no cutscenes or anything the game would be around5-6mins.

Crazy then. They are not even allowing to play full 5 min halves... (the stuff they normally offer! And the shortest you can go in PES).

KONAMI is weird company. No doubts here... :D

No he doesn't.

There is no "get back to the guy who fouled the guy after advantage play is given."

Such a shame because it was in PES3/4/5/6. The ref would even go back at half time to book the player. Pretty much what happens in FIFA now too.

Sad. KONAMI ruined this mechanism :(.

That's just retarded.How come someone doesn't notice and rectify this simple thing then ? Or do we have to wait for that overrated fox engine to get it fixed ?

Indeed that is one of gamebreakers. Sadly, not many people are fussed about this issue.

It breaks any sort of realism in my book. You can FOUL with straight leg in PES, and if the guy who got tackled gets the ball to his partner, you will go unpunished. Crazy -.-

Sounds like they have got Madrid's playing style spot on then.

Did you watch the match last night? If not, here are highlights http://www.footytube.com/video/real-madrid-barcelona-aug29-127176

Lots of Madrid pressure, Madrid's attacks were mainly very direct, accurate forward balls, Barca found it difficult. In fact the part in bold sounds like something one of the Barca players may have said last night.

Personally I like the fact that playing Real on top player is not fun, when it comes to Master League it should be a fixture I'm dreading.

Yeah, I watched the game last night (but it was from a streaming video, poor quality), and indeed Real Madrid put much pressure, but undoubtedly, the pressue on this demo (top player against Madrid) is over the top, it's unrealistic and unfair.

It reminds of pes 2012 on it's bad days at times. But note before somone misunderstand my post: i'm just talking about AI pressure and space in the midfield, as the whole flow of the game, the AI movment and awreness of the ball, passing, freedom and even animations, all these things are MUCH better (of course, only animations are not THAT much better, but they are definetly better, a good improvement if we take into acount that it's the old engine again), but pressure ruins imo.

I say that it reminds me of PES 2012 because of the fact players always have "gas" to pressure without taking a breath, I mean, there's one man covering very close to me, and there's always another player sprinting like crazy towards me, and if you pay attention to the one that comes quickly to pressure you, you will see that this player can sprint the whole field, from left to rigt without fatigue. In real life players stop for a bit and just start walking or jockeying to recover energy. But that doesn't exist in this game. Take Benzema as an example and keep looking at him and you will see that he ALONE can pressure your whole defence line. Let's say you have Alves under controll, if you hold the ball for just two secounds, Benzema (or other attacker) will come to pressure him (ALves), wich is FINE, but then, let's say that you are forced to pass back to Puyol and you do it, and then you pass to Pique, and then to the one in the left (Alba, I think) to pass around, and you will see the same player trying to pressure all of them (from Alve to Alba, pressuring them and the ones in between: Puyol and Pique). And not only that... after pressuring non stop your whole back line, from player to player, this attacker still has energy, gas to even drop back to pressure Iniesta or another midfield player. I mean... it's completely unhuman, it's laughable, and I don't know why you guys don't notice how flawed is this. I'm not even going to "traight forward" pass attacking minded.

Demo 1 was almost PERFECT in this, in terms of space and AI pressure. IN real life, pressure most of te time is 1-1, not 2 players against one all the time (only in some areas that two players) This demo is laughable in this and it's a bit too fast for my taste.

Last edited:

Pressure sucks and gamebreaker for me.I've just tried sometihng.I took Barca and opponent was Manu on top player.I just passed the ball around my defenders to see how much they press and Wellbeck did it all match long(90 min) without stopping even a minute.(ı just constantly looked at him)WTF...And imagine the Online gameplay with RB+X+A...

Pressure sucks and gamebreaker for me.I've just tried sometihng.I took Barca and opponent was Manu on top player.I just passed the ball around my defenders to see how much they press and Wellbeck did it all match long(90 min) without stopping even a minute.(ı just constantly looked at him)WTF...And imagine the Online gameplay with RB+X+A...

That tells us nothing in all honesty as you weren't really playing the game. Also, the demo is 5mins (approx.) in length.

Without a two-tired realtime stamina/fatigue-system there's nothing to be done against it (except of course not looking for it too closely), and that won't be implemented until next version.

PES is the only game where goalies can do elasticos but rainbow flick is like a lottery. it is snot a hard skill to do in real life just how the defender reacts and the ball trajectory that makes it hard.

Pressure must be fixed. Obviously it should be there, but players costantly pressing should become tired much faster than others. Right now this stamina system is broken and useless.
Besides if the pace of the game is frenetic like in this second demo it becomes even worse
It seems like Konami doesn't think it's a problem. I never saw that mentioned in their improvements press releases

Back
Top Bottom