PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

ML this year is going to be awesome, being able to sign players from the Brazilian League & Copa Libetadores teams (so I read before), plus having all 20 stadiums for the La Liga teams, going to be so good! :D

I'm assuming brazilian teams will be in become a legend aswell, and that could make that mode alot more interesting

21st september can't come sooner :CONFUSE:

I think you can avoid the floaty throws from GK's by double tapping the button. Seems to help. Even the floaty throws aren't anywhere near as bad as the first demo.

Off balance and weaker foot shooting is noticeably less powerful than a shot that's set up just right. It can look a little slow but is probably realistic so it depends whether you want a more forgiving mechanic which is erring towards the fun side instead of sim side. I don't mind it as it's forcing you to get the ball to your players correct foot or just to the best striker of the ball in general.

I have noticed that R2 shots (holding it while you strike it) has had a lot more error applied to it. Would like if they had a halfway point between this one and the first demo, where it seemed too powerful. Now I've only scored one from 18 yards with Marchisio into the bottom corner. Haven't hit one on target yet at a decent pace with a good player so I have to give it a bit more time.

@curdstar - I really tried closing off angles last night to see if I was finding the same thing as you re: the AI holding up the ball more. I'm not sure if it's just the 5 min demo but on PES 2012 I was able to hold them up a lot more whereas last night they'd still look to hoof it long really quickly. So I couldn't replicate your possession figures apart from maybe 1 half.

I'm starting to lean towards the side of people who find that AI directness the worst part of the game. I can live with the camera angles and will put up with the night time lighting if I have to but they really need to make sure that over 10-15 min games against the AI that there is a reasonable adherence to the team's tactical settings and more than 3 passes are made before the forward gets a through ball.

I feel that I'm even more in control over my players when the ball is out of possession, and players seem to be more alive to keep running to fight for ball possession, passing is overall really good, it flows better and L2 power is much better than in demo 1.

But I really feel that the game is faster, wich is not good, and playing against Real on top player level isn't fun, a bit too much pressure, no much space, no much options to pass the ball around, and take note that I'm playing with Barcelona. This really reminds me with the change Konami made from demo 2 to final version last year, except for the fact that the total freedom becomes to shine with the demo 2 whereas the freedom was taken out in pes2012 final release compared to the demos.

I'm not enjoying the pressure, the lack of space and options playing against Real Madrid on top player, I simply can't play Barça midfiled style... no fun at the moment.

After a few hours I like demo 2 but I prefer the first demo more. Might hold off on a first weekend buy and get the opinions of certain people or ask the retailer could I try first.

If it wasn't coming up to summer here I'd actually upgrade my PC and play this on PC instead of Xbox. It's just that my room is too darn hot and I spend more time in the cool loungeroom over the few month period that I play this game. Unless the new mac-mini is good and I pick one up ;)

The constant double pressure in the midfield is back again, no space watsoever against Real Madrid on top player, no options, no posibility to hold up the play and slow down the game, and the way Real Madrid can link midfield to attack with 2 forward long ground passes in a split of a seound is laughabel, so unrealistic and at times players hit a perfect 180 pass, its ridiculous, no sideways passes, just bullshit forward assisted passing... urgh, terrible.

If the final release is anyting like this, I won't buy it. It does not deserve my money. Konami messed up the game again IMO.

Roll on PES 2014... lol

Last edited:

Hey all. New here. Been reading the boards for quite some time now, several years at least. Was a well known, respected member at good ol PESInsight and some others. Finally decided to join EvoWeb and contribute. Hope I am welcomed :).

Anyways, been playing PES/WE games since Konami started producing them. I thought WE9-LiveWare Evolution for PC was the best football game ever made. I kept this opinion until I tried PES13 DEMO 2. I can now safely say, it looks like the best PES ever made by Konami.

- Excellent life-like graphics and animations. Players don't seem to be like they are on heavy rails anymore.
- Goalkeepers have improved and make some excellent saves with great animations.
- Ball physics are the best ever.
- Slow paced football that can be sped up at certain occasions.
- Shooting is SPOT ON. When you use all manual settings this game is really for advanced football players. Similar like Counter Strike and Call of Duty. Not to compare FIFA to PES but I'm gonna compare CS to CoD. CoD fun to play run around and spray but CS involves thinking, skill and PRACTICE forever...This PES13 will be disliked by many fans esp new comers. But old school gamers will love it. This is SIMULATION we all have been waiting for and its here.

Couple of questions...

I live in the US and decided to skip the US version and order European version. I feel like I will play better players (no offense to Americans) but I'm just not feeling playing all Americans and South Americans who use Real and Barcelona 98% of the time.

Also European version gets much better patches. So my question now is.

If I buy Euro version will I be able to use patches made for Euro version ? Does it matter what kind of PS3 you have ? NTSC or PAL ? Also, I will get to play European players online correct ? If so, is there any lag, with all the distance and stuff ?

Last question is, where can I pre-order PES13 that ships to US.

Cheers!

Hey all. New here. Been reading the boards for quite some time now, several years at least. Was a well known, respected member at good ol PESInsight and some others. Finally decided to join EvoWeb and contribute. Hope I am welcomed :).

Anyways, been playing PES/WE games since Konami started producing them. I thought WE9-LiveWare Evolution for PC was the best football game ever made. I kept this opinion until I tried PES13 DEMO 2. I can now safely say, it looks like the best PES ever made by Konami.

- Excellent life-like graphics and animations. Players don't seem to be like they are on heavy rails anymore.
- Goalkeepers have improved and make some excellent saves with great animations.
- Ball physics are the best ever.
- Slow paced football that can be sped up at certain occasions.
- Shooting is SPOT ON. When you use all manual settings this game is really for advanced football players. Similar like Counter Strike and Call of Duty. Not to compare FIFA to PES but I'm gonna compare CS to CoD. CoD fun to play run around and spray but CS involves thinking, skill and PRACTICE forever...This PES13 will be disliked by many fans esp new comers. But old school gamers will love it. This is SIMULATION we all have been waiting for and its here.

Couple of questions...

I live in the US and decided to skip the US version and order European version. I feel like I will play better players (no offense to Americans) but I'm just not feeling playing all Americans and South Americans who use Real and Barcelona 98% of the time.

Also European version gets much better patches. So my question now is.

If I buy Euro version will I be able to use patches made for Euro version ? Does it matter what kind of PS3 you have ? NTSC or PAL ? Also, I will get to play European players online correct ? If so, is there any lag, with all the distance and stuff ?

Last question is, where can I pre-order PES13 that ships to US.

Cheers!

Depends.. Are you a friend of mine or a friend of ours?...

Ha... Welcome

:/ don't say that, stop tackling like a mentalist and he wouldn't give u so many yellow cards! The Ref's are mega lenient as it is

Why do i get people so hostile towards me. I am simply saying that the sometimes soft tackles that get you yellow carded should not apply to getting second yellows. It happens like that in real life.

They need to also penalize for off the ball fouls and bring back old gen advantage play and delayed booking. CPU gets away with murder.

Why do i get people so hostile towards me. I am simply saying that the sometimes soft tackles that get you yellow carded should not apply to getting second yellows. It happens like that in real life.

They need to also penalize for off the ball fouls and bring back old gen advantage play and delayed booking. CPU gets away with murder.

I'm not being hostile! I dont do hostile :P not my thing was just messing about with you, it is true though, statements like that have made the ref's lenient as fuck, a lot of the time its because people smash the x button or cant tackle for shit, not saying that this is what occurs in your case though, I should've put a wink at the end, then you would've known I wasn't being serious :) sorry!

No one mentioned you can clear the ball in the direction you're holding now compared to the same auto clear towards the middle area.

Last time this happened was in my 2012 preview testing then it got taken out. I hope it stays this way.

But I really feel that the game is faster, wich is not good, and playing against Real on top player level isn't fun, a bit too much pressure, no much space, no much options to pass the ball around, and take note that I'm playing with Barcelona.

I'm not enjoying the pressure, the lack of space and options playing against Real Madrid on top player, I simply can't play Barça midfiled style... no fun at the moment.

The constant double pressure in the midfield is back again, no space watsoever against Real Madrid on top player, no options, no posibility to hold up the play and slow down the game, and the way Real Madrid can link midfield to attack with 2 forward long ground passes in a split of a seound is laughabel, so unrealistic and at times players hit a perfect 180 pass, its ridiculous, no sideways passes, just bullshit forward assisted passing... urgh, terrible.

If the final release is anyting like this, I won't buy it. It does not deserve my money. Konami messed up the game again IMO.

Roll on PES 2014... lol

Sounds like they have got Madrid's playing style spot on then.

Did you watch the match last night? If not, here are highlights http://www.footytube.com/video/real-madrid-barcelona-aug29-127176

Lots of Madrid pressure, Madrid's attacks were mainly very direct, accurate forward balls, Barca found it difficult. In fact the part in bold sounds like something one of the Barca players may have said last night.

Personally I like the fact that playing Real on top player is not fun, when it comes to Master League it should be a fixture I'm dreading.

And Barca last week were non stop pressure off the ball. That's part of their success - winning the ball back immediately. They don't seem to need a two tiered stamina system :P

Any "improved refereeing" then?

Well the ref is more happy to dish out the cards, I got a straight red for just using the standing tackle and clipping someone's ankles from behind in a non-goal scoring position. It was the sort of tackle that sometimes refs can go either way on.

He also seems pretty liberal with his yellow cards too, which compared to previous games is a good thing IMO.

Sounds like they have got Madrid's playing style spot on then.

Did you watch the match last night? If not, here are highlights http://www.footytube.com/video/real-madrid-barcelona-aug29-127176

Lots of Madrid pressure, Madrid's attacks were mainly very direct, accurate forward balls, Barca found it difficult. In fact the part in bold sounds like something one of the Barca players may have said last night.

Personally I like the fact that playing Real on top player is not fun, when it comes to Master League it should be a fixture I'm dreading.

That Ronaldo flick :D. It's in Pro Evo :D.

Still seeing it in real life made my jaw hit the floor. Ronaldo worse than Messi? Don't think so ;).

am i being daft or did they not say in the press release that the match duration would be 10 minutes in the new demo?!

And Barca last week were non stop pressure off the ball. That's part of their success - winning the ball back immediately. They don't seem to need a two tiered stamina system :P

Of course they need and have a two-tiered-stamina-system, they are after all humans and not robots. Their style-of-game is to win back the ball as quickly as possible but once they have the ball back they play slowly, pass the ball around for ages and use these phases to gain back their stamina.

When watching full matches you can see there are phases of slow pace of game to regain stamina mixed with fast play once the team is ready. In the game it's like a highlight-show where only the action-phases are shown because there is no real-time stamina system.

As to yesterday's Madrid-Barca-match: As you can see in the first half Real Madrid was putting on an unbelievably fast, high-pressure game, but in the second half they couldn't continue with it anymore, obviously, which allowed Barca with 10 men on the pitch to come back and nearly equalise.

Besides a new animation/physics-system, much more intelligent and varied CPU-AI, a realtime two-tiered-stamina/fatigue-system is the glaring feature missing that hopefully will get introduced next year.

By the way, have you seen Ronaldo's back-heel-over-his-head-move yesterday? Unbelievable!

P.S.: If it weren't for Valdes' inexplicable decision to try to dribble against Di Maria in the match before, Barca would have won this. Nonetheless, congrats to Real Madrid, they have really fought for it.

am i being daft or did they not say in the press release that the match duration would be 10 minutes in the new demo?!

10 minute games (as in 5 minute halves). Not 10 minute halves.

People should start reading with understanding what is written ;).

Of course they need and have a two-tiered-stamina-system, they are after all humans and not robots. Their style-of-game is to win back the ball as quickly as possible but once they have the ball back they play slowly, pass the ball around for ages and use these phases to gain back their stamina.

When watching full matches you can see there are phases of slow pace of game to regain stamina mixed with fast play once the team is ready. In the game it's like a highlight-show where only the action-phases are shown because there is no real-time stamina system.

As to yesterday's Madrid-Barca-match: As you can see in the first half Real Madrid was putting on an unbelievably fast, high-pressure game, but in the second half they couldn't continue with it anymore, obviously, which allowed Barca with 10 men on the pitch to come back and nearly equalise.

Besides a new animation/physics-system, much more intelligent and varied CPU-AI, a realtime two-tiered-stamina/fatigue-system is the glaring feature missing that hopefully will get introduced next year.

By the way, have you seen Ronaldo's back-heel-over-his-head-move yesterday? Unbelievable!

P.S.: If it weren't for Valdes' inexplicable decision to try to dribble against Di Maria in the match before, Barca would have won this. Nonetheless, congrats to Real Madrid, they have really fought for it.

Saw that flick. Was amazing. It's in PES 2013 too (yes, while receiving the ball).

As to the game itself if not for shocking finishing from Higuain, Barcelona should have lost this 5-1 by the end of 1st half. The game would have been KOed by then.

The only thing to defend Higuain form is, his long-term injury last season. Benzema wouldn't miss so many occasions tho.

lol

well, have to admit, more enjoyable gameplay in this demo vs. PES2012, although I'm disappointed they changed the defense system after having become accustomed to it...can't understand why they changed it, seemed fine!

People should start reading with understanding what is written ;).

Many people say it's only 2.5 minutes per half, ie. 5 minutes in total. The only thing that stretches it are the numerous cutscenes and replays which result in gameplay-videos lasting 9 minutes.

Thanks for the refereeing feedback. Seems like the most important thing, the AI bias, is still present.

Somewhat off-topic:
Whoever's interested in Fox Engine, here's a MGS Ground Zeroes pic supposedly using it.

metal-gear-ground-zero-fam-art.jpeg

That's an in-game shot? Wowser.

Anyway - I played the PS3 demo a bit last night, the 5 minute thing is so restrictive, the second you have settled in to try something the ref blows. I played most of 2012 on Professional, that was the first time on any PES game where I went below Top player. Professional felt pretty good on 2013 but I still felt I would probably go to Top Player this year. So I switched to that, and the pressure felt pretty crazy at times. There wasn't a player on my time that didn't have an opponent glued to him. So it was all about quick passing, and getting rid of the ball right away.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom