PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

That's because the UK version has "colour" spelt with a U in it, taking an extra 45MB in file size.

Just kidding, but on a similar subject it's probably because with it being the European-wide version there are additional language files in the demo, hence the slightly larger file size.

makes sense! thx!

from wenb:
"Oh my! After hammering the US Demo, just downloaded an installed the EU demo from PSN (thanks to my 120mb VM) , the EU demo is sick! Much better and slower - animations smoother - mind you I only had one game Man U v Valencia but certainly different to the US one - I am soo glaadddd!!"

so looking forward to test it! is ur download slow as hell too!? 34%... and crawling... :D

i like both but prefer demo 2

player movement & turning speed is slower i like,more realistic
demo 2 it seems is more like simulation style gameplay than demo 1,which i prefer sim.

mine is at 24%, I think I'll leave and come back to it.

me too! gotta do the dishes and 20 min will fly by! then i do "deserve" playing... ;)

let me know if you guys feel any speed difference, cause i just need to know! i used to play -1 as its the closest to real life IMO!

oh god! i dont want to read these positive comments on the demo! its 2:30am here and its almost finished downloading, problem is i have work in 5 hours! :)

Still loving it, even better than demo 1, feels more polished. Only played two games so far and had a blast. Won the first as Man Utd against Juve 2-1. Nani opened the scoring with a classy freekick, Vidal made it 1-1 with a freekick of his own that De Gea made a complete mess of and Chicharito headed in a Giggs cross at the very end.

Other game saw me losing 0-2 as Bayern against Bilbao, and then Gomez stepped up and scored twice. First one was a breakaway by Robben with defenders yelling for offside when it clearly wasn't which still looks great. 2-2 was a poweful header.

Didn't have time to notice much difference in shots, but saw a couple of GK animations for saves that I haven't seen before.

Seriously, release the bloody game already. I need my Master League.

So...I actually think the EU version does feel a wee bit different. Not massively so, but perhaps slower and a bit more weight to everything. Also feel in these early stages that first touch needs utilised more than US/Xbox versions.

I have this feeling that gameplay will vary on region the game is released.

What we see in demos now. US is more arcadey, speedy.

EU footy fans prefer more flowing, slower paced approach and realism and it shows in demo here.

Asian market will probably be mixture of both and as usual best offer :/.

REALLY impressed with demo 2, I thought demo 1 was good this is excellent. The weight of the ball is superb and they have made the shooting much more realistic. The passing on 0 assist is much harder and better than demo 1, the individuality in passing seems great. The sound is also good, I usually play PES muted but after someone said about it I ran it through my amp to see and its worth hearing now.

North American demo 2 and UK demo 2 are exactly the same as far as I can see. If there are differences it's like looking at fly shit and pepper.

i really want to know what is so hard for this game to implement proper tactical instructions, for team and players??

imagine if it was like football manager where barca formation is set up as lots of short passes, never cross - only drive the ball, triple/double pressure, then individual instructions like telling messi to drop deep, telling wingers to make runs inside and behind the defence....

this is all set up for the team and players so WITHOUT human playing the two AI teams should play those instructions out and it should be a match you could actually watch - just like FM. then when human players DO play it would all be so fluid anyway

i dont get it? what is so hard about this? it would just be a case of putting in sliders and such. the game is massively missing this aspect.

The thing here is simple, the goal for Konami is make a good game that is not need of "modders" assitance.

That's make that today every PES player across platforms ends playing a different game. Ones play modded yair's version others plays jenkey version, others xxxx versions a so go on, and anothers plays simply with no mod. wtf man. In the end they are like 5 versions of PES 2013

The logic is that everyone, PS3 XB360 and PC players, plays all the same game. And a good one.

IMO modding the game is like saying to Konami "Don't worry keep making shit game, here ( the PC users) we can make the game better" (that is not totally true good)

That's is the biggest issue that i hate from next gen PES, the gameplay mods.

Hope with Fox Engine Konami makes a really good PES with an umbreakable code that's make modders can't change the gameplay. Like old days.
I must disagree with you. Unbreakable code that's make modders can't change the gameplay? Please! KONAMI needs to follow example of 2KSports, creators of perfect sport simulation – NBA2K12.
What is it that makes NBA2K12 so f…ing good? It’s not perfect graphics and atmosphere; it’s not, perfect gameplay. They allowed user to easily CHANGE GAMEPLAY experience in order to match his/hers own preferences! You have arcade mode, simulation mode etc. That’s not all. They made, who knows how many, sliders for fine-tuning those pre-set gameplay mods. User can tweak one player, or one whole NBA team, or every single player in the game at the same time.
Therefore, my friend, allowing users to change gameplay is the main reason why 2KSports have best selling, highest rated, sport simulation game in the world.
Compared to them, EA Sports and KONAMI are f…ing amateurs!
Guys like Juce, Robbie, Jenkey and Wild are the only reason why I didn’t stop playing PES long time ago. FIFA? No thanks, I’ll pass.

i really want to know what is so hard for this game to implement proper tactical instructions, for team and players??

imagine if it was like football manager where barca formation is set up as lots of short passes, never cross - only drive the ball, triple/double pressure, then individual instructions like telling messi to drop deep, telling wingers to make runs inside and behind the defence....

this is all set up for the team and players so WITHOUT human playing the two AI teams should play those instructions out and it should be a match you could actually watch - just like FM. then when human players DO play it would all be so fluid anyway

i dont get it? what is so hard about this? it would just be a case of putting in sliders and such. the game is massively missing this aspect.

Off course its a logical idea and a football game to be a real simulation needs those aspects well implemented. But after all those years i see that companies don't actually want that kind of simulation because that would require some serious investing in AI area which for them could be quite costly. Instead they prefer to make "fun" simulations for you to sit with your friends ,play mindlesely, drink beer ,eat junk food and become frustrated waiting for the next "golden" version to buy. They don't need you to think my friend and thats a problem.

Am I the only one that thinks PES 2013 (Demo 2) is incredible?

I'm truly blown away by the second demo of PES 2013. The first demo had it's problems - familiar problems too. Animations weren't fluid, movement was robotic, players looked like wax figure zombies, shooting wasn't realistic, goalkeepers made mistakes more often than not, and the defence was non-existent. The same problems were still there and it wasn't much of an improvement from PES 2012 in all honesty.

But this demo has reached a completely new level.

More familiar players are involved in this demo. The likes of Robben, Messi, Iniesta and Ronaldo are all included which makes it much easier to compare it to real life and previous games as they're more distinguishable players. And boy, don't they play like real life. Robben runs with his arms up by his chest, and waits for you to make a tackle before swiftly taking you on. Messi's movement is almost to perfection, he comes deep, takes players on with ease, keeping the ball away from them and his shots are low and powerful with a little bit of swerve too. Iniesta is a little magician inside the box, great link up play. I could go on.

A major improvement is the animations. This honestly has been a problem since the beginning of Pro Evo. It didn't link up well, and the movement was well, robotic. Still few problems exist, I mean the ball still doesn't move fluidly when arriving to a players feet. In slow-motion, I'm sure you could see the animations changing between each other. But it's still a huge improvement from what it used to be.

Shots, crosses, passes and goalkeepers are also much better. The ball moves much more realistically now. When I shoot, an actual shot takes place. Unlike previous games where the more I press shoot, the more height in the shot rather than power. Depending on the player, he'll keep it down with more power. Corners are also more accurate and I have a much better gauge of where I'm going to place the ball. Through balls and passes are fluid and not fidgety at all - the possession game is far more entertaining to play with the likes of Barca than in previous games. Goalkeepers also tend to save the easy shots rather than let it simply move past their hands when it's just merely inches away.

One thing that really bugged me in previous PES 2013 is tactics from the AI on your team. When you're on the attack, players tend to move around you and not really take much care on their positioning or formation. Once dispossesed, the defensive line is in shambles and usually up near the half way line with gaps big enough to fit *insert something large* between them. Not to mention the gap between the defensive line and the midfield.

Graphics have also taken a welcomed improvement. Players look life-like for once, and not like over-worked wax figures with eyes you'd see on the cast of Dawn of the Dead. It almost has a blur effect which gives it a much smoother look that you'd see on your television set during a real match.

Anyway, that's my thoughts on the demo. In my eyes this game has potential to be the greatest footballing game ever. There's no bias from me either - I've owned Fifa 96, 99 to 04, and 07 to 12 and only owned PES 4, 5, 6 and 2011, whilst briefly borrowing a few others. So this is sincere opinion. What do you guys think, though?

Bit peeved a pc release date hasn't been confirmed yet. Even though we have all the modders hard at work get the best out of demo1 I am still can't wait for demo2 to see how its altered on the PC. Not a fan of mods altering gameplay, prefer to leave that to Konami.

Also looking forward to trying out the training modes. Not sure what Konami are getting out of making us wait. For a guess they know once released it will become easier to be modified even more than demo1.

Man, so glad I wont be buying this on ps3 (or 360 for that matter) - the framerate is appalling.... the slowdowns on replays, bookings, and when the players walk off at half-time is atrocious!

When you look at the likes of PES series on ps3 and then Uncharted 2 or 3, they are MILES apart, and Uncharted runs amazingly well for all the detail....

Bit peeved a pc release date hasn't been confirmed yet.

I'm at a loss to understand why Konami has held it back. They don't have to pass the certification issues that the consoles are tied down with. The demo is exactly the same underneath, i.e. a console port.

Not sure what Konami's issue is other than - as others have said - they are not happy with the modding that transforms these demos on the PC. I cannot seriously believe that is the issue though.

Konami manage their demos like real idiots.Giving their game the worst possible image

ugh, cannot play this 2nd demo on ps3, its too frustrating, feels like crap to play compared to playing PES on PC, with no stuttering or slowdowns, no shit graphics, no blur...... :)

Off course its a logical idea and a football game to be a real simulation needs those aspects well implemented. But after all those years i see that companies don't actually want that kind of simulation because that would require some serious investing in AI area which for them could be quite costly. Instead they prefer to make "fun" simulations for you to sit with your friends ,play mindlesely, drink beer ,eat junk food and become frustrated waiting for the next "golden" version to buy. They don't need you to think my friend and thats a problem.

would it though? just some slider for individual players for how often they run in a certain direction, how much they defend, attack, roam, what each player does/the team does when not in possesion.... iot just seems to easy to implement which i why its so confusing

feeling positive about demo 2 but i'm curious if my gameplay experience sorts with others...

so after seven or eight games, when crossing early or from the deep wing, I have had balls go long across the box, low to the feet, lobbed in, etc. but I haven't had a single cross go beyond the goal-line. In other words, all my crosses have remained in play except the ones that go all the way across to the far wing and out of touch.

And I've made these crosses in distress, with players jostling around, and on the weak foot. I thought the ease of crosses was going to be fixed for this year and no more of the silly, laser-guided stuff from 2012. I recently watched Juventus play Roma (or was it Parma?) and I think 3\4 of all crosses played were astray. There was a game last year in the French league when Lille attempted something like 42 crosses and only six or seven contacted a forward (I know that probably says something about the French league and Lille but you get the point).

Maybe I need to play more games. Is anyone else seeing this?

One of my biggest gripes had been that long balls locked on like a laser to the player you were passing to, making long balls terrible and fairly useless in most situations. Worse, using the manual trigger didn't seem to help. What DID help was turning down the pass sliders to one bar or zero bars - this freed up long passing a great deal and I'm liking it a lot more now! Anyone having issues with this like I was, give it a try :)

Only have time for one game right now but I like the little I have played, and I already have more urge to play more than I ever had with the first demo.

For me the pace of this game will need adapting to. Its very slow compared to previous years and everything seems to have alot of weight, it puts the focus on technique. It at feels a liitle disjointed at the moment but there are moments when it all clicks and becomes very fluid, when it does its fantastic.

Easy fella, i got nothing to do with Fly shit.:COOL:

:))

Demo 2 is growing on me, I think. Keepers still throw the ball sometimes like they're trying to throw a discus though, which is strange considering PES goalies always had a good throwing animation before.

Hello everyone, can I ask, should I continue with the tactics thread for PES 2013? It would actually give me a reson to watch football.

and the stadiums, should I continue with what we have already? Or should i make more?

Are you guys OK with the people around currently or is it best to add more stadiums?

EDIT: you know what I think I will. I'll just do it.

More tactics and stadiums will always be welcome, mate.

Back
Top Bottom