PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

If Konami can't improve the night time lighting I may very well upgrade my pc and not get this on Xbox this year. Blessing in disguise maybe lol

I'd be similarly tempted but I don't think the PC version changes the lighting at all. You'll get the game well over 60fps and you can remove the blur effect to make it sharper, but apart from that it'll look pretty much the same (visual mods excepted).

I'm still looking forward to this, I'm disappointed that player first touch without using R2 is now more instant, but these are teams with the top players in the world. Their control really should be pretty instant. I noticed less technical players, like big lumbering CBs were still really heavy with their first touch, so I'm expecting that anyone in the game below the incredibly high stats of the demo teams will still have far worse control of the ball.

Seeing as I play ML almost exclusively and rarely ever actually buy the really top players in the world, then hopefully the Div2 default ML players will be really noticeably awful with their first touch. Hopefully better players, with better technical ability, such as Xavi-type players, will now be much more worth signing.

Despite all the moaning on here the game should be awesome. I'm eager to know what ML has in store for us this year, it forms the majority of my PES game time so this is as big a factor as anything else for me.

Last edited:

I mentioned this a while back, I have seen some good possession football from the CPU when it is forced into it. The annoying thing is there is obviously the ability there but unless its absolutely necessary it wont use it, this was also the case in PES2012.

its largely down to them being so accurate

why pass sideways or backwards if they can pinpoint a pass to their striker everytime ?

I normally play PES on the PC but due to the late demo decided to download it for PS3. I don't know if I have settings wrong on the PS3 or something but the quality of graphics and the frame rate is absolutely shocking. Played it on xbox and its even worse. Does anyone no if this is just the case or is their certain settings that can improve it

As for all the moaning, wow, just wow. Why all the histrionics? It's barely distinguishable from demo 1 in any serious, game breaking way, and yes, the graphics are poor. Until the new engine comes round, it was always a well known fact that the game wouldn't change visually as Konami are running at the edge of what their engine can do nowadays - so anyone moaning about the visuals are doing so despite everyone knowing far in advance this would be the case.

And although I haven't noticed any slowdown or stutter on my 360 demo, I'd still argue that Konami have made small improvements to the visuals, and big audio enhancements (Spanish crowds for example).

You know i read posts about the latest pes that is due out each year, people's views on which demo is better 1 or 2.
Arguing amongst each other because for whatever reason each individual believes a certain thing should be done this way or that way.

You know also if you head across to the fifa forums you never really get the passion for wanting the game to be better than it is like you do where pes is concerned.

We have all given fifa ago and how many times do you find yourself screaming at the screen while playing it ?, not many i'll wager.

Pes is a totally different kettle of fish, for me it gives me everything i really require from a football game.

Next year we have a brand new engine to look forward too, I just wish psn uk would hurry up and get the 2nd demo out. I can't wait to play it.

I'd be similarly tempted but I don't think the PC version changes the lighting at all.

The turf-patchers change the lighting for the nightgames. What they do is: They switch off the light emitting from the turf itself. That alone makes nightgames much more bearable and then they change things like contrast and colour-saturation...

In sum, it works really well.

I mentioned this a while back, I have seen some good possession football from the CPU when it is forced into it. The annoying thing is there is obviously the ability there but unless its absolutely necessary it wont use it, this was also the case in PES2012.

Taking a wild guess here, but I reckon that maybe the CPU can read the human players imperfections to positioning/defending when they look to engage the ball carrier thus the COM opponent is programmed to exploit that too readily. When you perform off ball defence, this becomes less of an issue as the COM is effectively taking on itself and thus often opts for a simple pass.

Maybe there just needs to be some tweaking to AI logic so that it doesn't look to exploit every imperfection in the human players positioning/approach, along with programming in a little more in the way of a pro-active attitude to simple possession football.

I'd be similarly tempted but I don't think the PC version changes the lighting at all. You'll get the game well over 60fps and you can remove the blur effect to make it sharper, but apart from that it'll look pretty much the same (visual mods excepted).

I'm still looking forward to this, I'm disappointed that player first touch without using R2 is now more instant, but these are teams with the top players in the world. Their control really should be pretty instant. I noticed less technical players, like big lumbering CBs were still really heavy with their first touch, so I'm expecting that anyone in the game below the incredibly high stats of the demo teams will still have far worse control of the ball.

Seeing as I play ML almost exclusively and rarely ever actually buy the really top players in the world, then hopefully the Div2 default ML players will be really noticeably awful with their first touch. Hopefully better players, with better technical ability, such as Xavi-type players, will now be much more worth signing.

Despite all the moaning on here the game should be awesome. I'm eager to know what ML has in store for us this year, it forms the majority of my PES game time so this is as big a factor as anything else for me.

Agree with that in bold. I do think that the game maybe needs to demand just a little more use of R2 first touch control but given the teams avaialable in the demo it is hard to say how much of a real concern it is. I do think that whn playing with Copa Lib teams there is a difference.

As for all the moaning, wow, just wow. Why all the histrionics? It's barely distinguishable from demo 1 in any serious, game breaking way, and yes, the graphics are poor. Until the new engine comes round, it was always a well known fact that the game wouldn't change visually as Konami are running at the edge of what their engine can do nowadays - so anyone moaning about the visuals are doing so despite everyone knowing far in advance this would be the case.

And although I haven't noticed any slowdown or stutter on my 360 demo, I'd still argue that Konami have made small improvements to the visuals, and big audio enhancements (Spanish crowds for example).

Regards the night time lighting, it is not where it needs to be quite yet but I am not going to say it is awful, as improvements have been made regards colour balance/contrast, with kits and skin tones looking far easier to differentiate from when playing from Field Side view. I also think they have reduced the reflective nature of the lighting off of kist and skin as well and reduced - though not enough - the luimious effect of the turf in night matches.

Taking a wild guess here, but I reckon that maybe the CPU can read the human players imperfections to positioning/defending when they look to engage the ball carrier thus the COM opponent is programmed to exploit that too readily. When you perform off ball defence, this becomes less of an issue as the COM is effectively taking on itself and thus often opts for a simple pass.
Fair point. I noticed that in demo 1. Using the new off-ball defence by holding down A (360) / X (PS3), caused the AI to slow down a lot in its build up. Even if I wasn't controlling someone anywhere near the ball, as soon as I held down that button, the attacking AI changed and they slowed down in their attack, having more possession. It seemed a bit artificially contrived TBH, but it did make it into a different game, I thought.

Conclusion -

SO MANY things improved. But like classic KONAMI, a few things ruined. I cannot play a football sim where I am getting upwards of 70% possession every game. I cannot play or take seriously a football sim in 2013, where the CPU doesn't play anything like real football. Players don't run forward all the time, for the full 90 minutes. Players have appreciation of space, losing possession is huge in real football and so players protect the ball by passing it around.

I guess in conclusion the game is just built to be a go forward arcade blast. In that respect, I guess it will succeed. Certainly many things have been improved over 2012. But I am at the end of my tether, I really feel that KONAMI is one of mine, but it may be time to skip a title and wait for the new engine. It has to be time for a mature football simulation to be made, and right now it just isn't happening.

Agree with that really. Like last year, I was expecting more from demo 2.

2) It's the year 2013, and still KONAMI cannot get a grip on CPU player awareness.

I cannot play or take seriously a football sim in 2013, where the CPU doesn't play anything like real football.

:SHOCK:

Damn, I had hoped the new engine in PES 2014 would make a difference.

Oh, and ccshopland, timetravelling is a really nice vacation, but make sure not to expose it to the non-time-travelling-populace, it might cause panic and paranoia.

here is what I've done to the night game lighting

tweaked lighting
nightgame1.png

original lighting
nightgame2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

I'd be similarly tempted but I don't think the PC version changes the lighting at all.

Although it doesn't change the lighting, the night pitch textures look miles better on the PC after they have been modded. Dr Hany's textures were really good and completely removed the washed-out effect of night matches.

are people judging the possession stats in the demo acting like it's going to be identical in the final build? I don't see how you can say that when the time is so small.. I would wait before the final build before anyone determines possession stats.. when I play the demo the one thing I do not consider to be final is the possession stats or how the computer plays bc you really can't get a good accurate feel for that any ways because of the time limit imo

Hi guys, I'm very happy with demo 1 whereas I hate pes2011-12.
I'm a bit worried about a floaty syndrome coming back on demo2 shooting after racing some feedbacks.

Is really that the case? Please don't tell me they put back 2011/12 shitty shooting.

Heavyness is one of the things I've most appreciated on demo1

:SHOCK: They can :RANT: off

u r kindin right!? u have a full blown demo1, with lot of teams, game settings and new textures and whatever... so stop moaning plz.
its just 4 weeks to release...

Been here for almost 5 years now and every year, well, this clip sums up how I feel.

good one! :D

someone mentioned something about you, Lami, and 20 min matches! what was your point on that cause i used to play 15 min matches the last years...

Last edited:

Hi guys, I'm very happy with demo 1 whereas I hate pes2011-12.
I'm a bit worried about a floaty syndrome coming back on demo2 shooting after racing some feedbacks.

Is really that the case? Please don't tell me they put back 2011/12 shitty shooting.

Heavyness is one of the things I've most appreciated on demo1

People are exagerating when they say that floating shots are back, shots are great, less power than demo 1, where anyone could shot powerful from anywhere, and more based on position, marker pressure and player skills.

I´m enjoying a lot playing with manual shooting, i hope we can play online against other people with 0 pass and manual shooting, game is amazing with those settings.

Also the new "Field Side" camera is very good, almost like old PES10 camera.

u r kindin right!? u have a full blown demo1, with lot of teams, game settings and new textures and whatever... so stop moaning plz.
its just 4 weeks to release...
I'm half kidding.
It's highly unprofessional from a company like this to not be able to handle multiple demo on multiple platform.In terms of marketing, presentation, Konami are still stuck in the dinosaurs era.

I'm half kidding.
It's highly unprofessional from a company like this to not be able to handle multiple demo on multiple platform.In terms of marketing, presentation, Konami are still stuck in the dinosaurs era.

ok u have a point there! konami has several probs regarding marketing, fan feedback or communication!

but what i meant, without beeing rude, the pc demo1 is so blown, full of "stuff", you know...
but on the other hand i can understand that you want the latest code in hands! i was crazy myself yesterday getting that us demo2!

its all gonna be good! sep. 21 nearly pined down! thats not to far away...

australia!? i have like 5 accounts but... any other stores yet!?

edit: got it!

btw: demo 2 uk is 1193 mb und us was 1148 mb! lets look out for differences...

Last edited:

Final demo up in the UK store. Might have to search for it. Look at that only 111 minutes remaining.

People are exagerating when they say that floating shots are back, shots are great, less power than demo 1, where anyone could shot powerful from anywhere, and more based on position, marker pressure and player skills.

I´m enjoying a lot playing with manual shooting, i hope we can play online against other people with 0 pass and manual shooting, game is amazing with those settings.

Also the new "Field Side" camera is very good, almost like old PES10 camera.

Tks for replying man.
Actually floatyness and less power are 2 different worlds.
I'm ok with less power and context affecting shots, just leave the heaviness and physics as it it please

btw: demo 2 uk is 1193 mb und us was 1148 mb! lets look out for differences...
That's because the UK version has "colour" spelt with a U in it, taking an extra 45MB in file size.

Just kidding, but on a similar subject it's probably because with it being the European-wide version there are additional language files in the demo, hence the slightly larger file size.

Back
Top Bottom