PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Hello everyone, can I ask, should I continue with the tactics thread for PES 2013? It would actually give me a reson to watch football.

and the stadiums, should I continue with what we have already? Or should i make more?

Are you guys OK with the people around currently or is it best to add more stadiums?

EDIT: you know what I think I will. I'll just do it.

Yes

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

I´m eager to play in PC this second PES 2013 demo so tell me please, is really different the "re-named" FIELD SIDE cam? Can you post screens or a video please?

Been playing on Super Star for the last 5 or so matches and really loving it! The matches seem to be more midfield battles and a lot less open, end to end stuff. Looking at the stats at the end of the matches it's been a lot more even too, with the CPU having more possession in a few games.

Liking the more polished feel to the second demo but I can help but feel that I am missing the powerful shooting from the first demo. Realistic or not, I hate these bloody soft arse shots

Hello everyone, can I ask, should I continue with the tactics thread for PES 2013? It would actually give me a reson to watch football.

and the stadiums, should I continue with what we have already? Or should i make more?

Are you guys OK with the people around currently or is it best to add more stadiums?

EDIT: you know what I think I will. I'll just do it.

Sure mate, the stadiums thread was excellent, hope you update it with pes 2013 stadiums, let´s hope there are new parts to design even more realistic stadiums for all teams in the game. Hope there are more slots also since this year we´ll have much more teams with brasilian league and probably more 2nd divisions.

its nothing like pes 2012. its like demo1 except slowed 10-15% AND takes body position into account a lot more

i think its nearly perfect in demo2, but when your in good positions there should be a little more power... but for positionally awkward shots it feels spot on

give me to choice right now between demo1 and demo2 shooting i take demo2 everytime.

Last edited:

Liking the more polished feel to the second demo but I can help but feel that I am missing the powerful shooting from the first demo. Realistic or not, I hate these bloody soft arse shots

Yea, I miss the shooting from demo 1.

Always takes me an age to get rid of the shooting in a new PES. Wouldn't dream of passing judgement on it right now.

Obviously a very subjective issue then.

which i guess could depend on your opinions on demo1

for me demo1 was too powerful, and i could hit shots from everywhere even in awkward positions, i was already getting bored of it because it was to realiable to score that way when it shouldnt be

bare in mind i play manual shooting for both demos...

I feel the shots in demo 1 are too powerful using manual shooting. With assisted shooting I feel the shooting is more toned down and balanced, which I like a lot. As an assisted player I'm quite happy with the shooting in demo 1.

I'm getting worried now. PES2012 was ruined by a limp shooting mechanic.

Dont worry its not like 2012, its similar to demo 1 but not as arcade like, you can still hit rockets if everything is setup right.

Loved demo 1 but demo 2 is poor.

Looks like its FIFA again this year :(

Been playing on Super Star for the last 5 or so matches and really loving it! The matches seem to be more midfield battles and a lot less open, end to end stuff. Looking at the stats at the end of the matches it's been a lot more even too, with the CPU having more possession in a few games.

Demo 1 or 2 Tim?

A lot of people report that the EU-version of demo2 would have more weight and inertia for the players and that it would therefore feel overall more realistic than the US-version. Can you confirm that?

A lot of people report that the EU-version of demo2 would have more weight and inertia for the players and that it would therefore feel overall more realistic than the US-version. Can you confirm that?

they're absolutely the same.

placebo effect on some people i guess

I'm getting worried now. PES2012 was ruined by a limp shooting mechanic.

Shooting is toned down a tiny bit but nowhere near the levels of PES2012, so I wouldn't worry too much. I've seen some shots absolutely fly wide of the goal from both me and the CPU. There are no dodgy direction issues as in 2012, the ball goes exactly where you tell it to go.

I think shooting while holding R2 is more pronounced than before, it produces a very deliberate sidefoot shot that really curls. I haven't managed to score many with it but in time it will produce some awesome goals.

I know it sounds crazy but the audio has vastly toned down the sound of the ball being kicked, which in turn gives the impression that shots have less weight to them, when in fact you can still smash the ball from long range. Now that the ball doesn't sound like a cannon going off when you take a shot, I think it gives an impression of 'softness' to the shot in some way.

Last edited:

Stay away from the 3D totally useless feature the game on consoles is already 720p it brings it down to like 480p and you have to remove the player names due to the framerate issues.

not to mention the camera goes wonky on wide to the point where you can't see your own goal posts.

Come on konami put it in properly or leave it out. The samsungs built in converter works better. It keeps full resolution no frame rate issues and gives the same amount if not more depth.

I don't think @jamezinho is going to enjoy the shooting. Its bee slowed down from standing and you can generate with a moving ball not like Demo1 though but tbh it felt too silly for me.

I genuinely can't wait for this to be released now. I just hope ML can live up to the game itself.

Barring the levels of CPU possession being too low (although I did move it up to Top Player, had a stalemate 0-0 draw and only had 52% of the play), demo 2 is a giant leap over PES2012.

My initial complaints about player first touches being too instant in demo 2 are a little unfounded IMO, I think it's simply been levelled out so that in the full game, lesser players will have awful first touch, international superstars have instant, near perfect first touch, as it really should be. Seeing players like Pirlo take heavy touches in demo 1 without using R2, I think, was just a mechanic set out to highlight how it will work this year. With the final game featuring players rated 75 and under, I can see this poor first touch being more reserved for those other players.

I experimented with it and find that bad first touches only happen if you run towards the ball, changing direction while taking the ball doesn't cause a bad first touch but does cause the process to take a little longer, making the instant control of R2 more essential in tight spaces such as in the penalty area. WIth Barcelona in the demo, though, I saw that players like Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta etc all had perfect, instant control when not using R2, whereas trying the same with Pique or Puyol was a different story altogether.

Oh and for anyone who isn't unhappy with the xbox version (I still genuinely haven't seen any stuttering or frame rate issues - in fact, the graphics are noticeably nicer than last year's version on closer inspection in terms of colour pallet and general sharpness/polish), I recommend what Calcio suggested a while back - altering brightness and colour values in-game really helps. I increased the blue levels to around 5 and brightness to around 4 during a daylight game and it looked much, much nicer.

Feel like I'm the only person looking forward to playing this, but I think it still could be the best PES ever made.

Stay away from the 3D totally useless feature the game on consoles is already 720p it brings it down to like 480p and you have to remove the player names due to the framerate issues.

not to mention the camera goes wonky on wide to the point where you can't see your own goal posts.

Come on konami put it in properly or leave it out. The samsungs built in converter works better. It keeps full resolution no frame rate issues and gives the same amount if not more depth.

I don't think @jamezinho is going to enjoy the shooting. Its bee slowed down from standing and you can generate with a moving ball not like Demo1 though but tbh it felt too silly for me.

Yeah I love 3D but avoid it on consoles, they just can't handle it. I'm sure it's a different story on PC, but consoles basically freak out when having to show two images simultaneously in 720 or 1080p, hence the dropping down to 480p, which looks shit.

Oh don't worry, I cannot wait to start a Master League on the full game when it's out and patched up!

ML this year is going to be awesome, being able to sign players from the Brazilian League & Copa Libetadores teams (so I read before), plus having all 20 stadiums for the La Liga teams, going to be so good! :D

ML this year is going to be awesome, being able to sign players from the Brazilian League & Copa Libetadores teams (so I read before), plus having all 20 stadiums for the La Liga teams, going to be so good! :D

Do you think that stadium mod/maker will be possible to replace all that in case someone want to EPL, Bundesliga etc.. :OOOH:

Back
Top Bottom