PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

I'm getting a real satisfaction from scoring goals in demo 2. Probably more than I did from a whole season on pes 2012. The goals seem more earned somehow and look better.
I hope the final release has demo 1 shooting, slightly toned down a fraction to bring it nearer to that of demo 2.
I would also like the overall speed of the retail version to be somewhere between 1 and 2.
I appreciate that konami have taken into consideration, all types of aspects when it comes to shooting in this demo. My only problem is the ball physics seem a little off. It dips too fast sometimes and appears to have extra gravitational pull on it, even when shooting from close range.
The best of demo 1, blended in with the best of the second one would make a great game I think.

Last edited:

If for WEBN gameplay is excellent, I have my doubts about them. There are things which need to be fixed.

More interested in hearing what are those changes in ML that got Adam so worried though.

I don't want to be reliant on FIFA this year like in 2010 and 2011... :o

Per Adam at WENB:

Bugger! So, other than refined gameplay, I wonder what else will be included in this game that will differentiate it from PES 2012 and will justify the full asking price this year?

And where is the link to the webpage which has this quote.

So much for that Adam fella thinking he's Konami's inside man and representative. After bigging himself up Konami have turned round and announced a radical ML overhaul without telling him about it.

As a big ML player I hope it's not going to be a potential disaster but if Adam's reaction is anything to go by it looks like bad news.

Given his track record of praising every PES ever, regardless of the mess they've turned out being...VERY worrying.

The only way I can think of destroying it would be to force it to be online (like EA Sports are likely going to do one day)

Well if he's said this is major bad news it's no surprise people are hanging on his word!

I'm really shitting it now :((. This is the first PES I've actually wanted and looked forward to playing against the CPU for YEARS.

going off what we know, the gameplay is fine.Adam and Asim were playing it happily.asking for transfer ideas ect ect..then somethings happend.

So it's either something to do with training, transfers, agents, or all of them having to be unlocked.

god i'm bricking it now..we finally think we've got PES back to it's best, then konami show form and press the stupid button!

This is what majority is thinking after Adam post. Ie. you will have to unlock things for Master League. Similar shit to Ultimate Team on FIFA? God, I hope NO.

Seriously, worried about ML/FL now. KONAMI is known to blow good things up :/.

I also have a feeling that you have to unlock all the training gear, coaches, possibly leagues etc. Who the **** knows with Konami. In order to unlock them you must have to use those points gained by doing things ie. first match online.

I am really hoping its something as simple as that meaning all we will have to do is play a rake of online matches to build up the points. The bad thing about that though is once you apply an Option File all those points are lost (well on the Xbox 360 anyway).

Another one...

This seems very realistic... Knowing KONAMI they may pull stunt like that -.-

i actually quite like this idea of unlocking things. now when i start my ML i can pay £50 in transactions and win everything

I'm a strict offline-player, don't want to be enforced to play online in order to unlock certain aspects. That would indeed be a disaster.

A reply from Adam over at the other place. Seems to be hinting at BAL elements creeping into ML play.

"Sorry guys, I am raging, but got a text of one of the mods and they told me to come and try to stabilise things.

Listen, you have to just let me do my thing here. I told you guys because, well, I always tell you things instantly good or bad. I couldn't delve into it, but I decided to tell you because the embargo for me to talk about it might be a week before launch - who knows! So, would you rather me not say anything until then, or at least elude to you guys that something is very wrong?

ML has changed massively. Not from the outset, but things quickly become more apparent the more you play. The path they've taken is going away from the world of an authentic experience - I'll say that much.

But, I need to speak to Konami. Maybe there's a bug. Maybe, there are BAL elements wrongly crossing over to ML in this code. Maybe I'm not seeing an option. I'm holding onto all hope that I'm missing something, or the game is missing something.

At the very least, through the many years I've known the guys at Konami and everything they've done for WENB, they deserve the respect of me holding back and waiting until I speak with them. I just hope there's a positive outcome.

I'll speak to you all soon. Don't worry yourselves too much, you know I'll be here as soon as possible with any answers I get."

Oh bloody hell. I like the authenticity of ML. Don't know what he could mean by maybe some of the BAL things got into ML mode by mistake? What things?

How come? While I enjoy the challenges playing against the AI gives me. Human v human, whether online, or local multiplayer is what this game is and has always been about. Probably heading more in that direction if this is to be believed. Of which I'm still not convinced.
If we have to play a couple of games online to collect some coins, it can only be a good thing. It will enhance the online community and put better players out there from the likes of this site and elsewhere.

Last edited:

07-minister.jpg

Master League will be fine guys! Even if it's always online DRM we have yair and co to save us

Don't you?! What mode do you play?

I haven't played master league since the PS2 days. I don't like the format of it any more.

Champions League mode, Season mode and friendlies are fine for me.

@ Adam......just remember he is partial to the odd hyperbolic statement. I'm not slating the guy, just saying. However in this instance this sounds very bad for ML players.

Hoping for the best for you guys.

I wonder if as he says there's elements of BAL in the ML then the only thing you can do is play a match. All the other options like transfers,tactics,training etc will be decided by the ai with no input from the player in that regards.

Who knows, maybe some of us will like the changes that he's disappointed with. I think Master League has been in need of improvement and freshening-up for several years now.

Who knows, maybe some of us will like the changes that he's disappointed with. I think Master League has been in need of improvement and freshening-up for several years now.

I'm kinda leaning on that as well to not get "depressed" about it just yet. Sad, i know lol.

I don't. Not everyone has the net to play online and going online only, such games get off my list.

Sorry. :P

It's nothing to do with online/offline, Adam specifically mentioned that it's less authentic, so I imagine they will have introduced some crazy shit like buy a training pole and all your players gain +5 agility.

Hey all. New here. Been reading the boards for quite some time now, several years at least. Was a well known, respected member at good ol PESInsight and some others. Finally decided to join EvoWeb and contribute. Hope I am welcomed :).

Anyways, been playing PES/WE games since Konami started producing them. I thought WE9-LiveWare Evolution for PC was the best football game ever made. I kept this opinion until I tried PES13 DEMO 2. I can now safely say, it looks like the best PES ever made by Konami.

- Excellent life-like graphics and animations. Players don't seem to be like they are on heavy rails anymore.
- Goalkeepers have improved and make some excellent saves with great animations.
- Ball physics are the best ever.
- Slow paced football that can be sped up at certain occasions.
- Shooting is SPOT ON. When you use all manual settings this game is really for advanced football players. Similar like Counter Strike and Call of Duty. Not to compare FIFA to PES but I'm gonna compare CS to CoD. CoD fun to play run around and spray but CS involves thinking, skill and PRACTICE forever...This PES13 will be disliked by many fans esp new comers. But old school gamers will love it. This is SIMULATION we all have been waiting for and its here.

Couple of questions...

I live in the US and decided to skip the US version and order European version. I feel like I will play better players (no offense to Americans) but I'm just not feeling playing all Americans and South Americans who use Real and Barcelona 98% of the time.

Also European version gets much better patches. So my question now is.

If I buy Euro version will I be able to use patches made for Euro version ? Does it matter what kind of PS3 you have ? NTSC or PAL ? Also, I will get to play European players online correct ? If so, is there any lag, with all the distance and stuff ?

Last question is, where can I pre-order PES13 that ships to US.

Cheers!

fingers crossed

I really hope that this Bhatti boy turns out to be on smack at the moment and ML has at least been left as it is. Can't believe I've just said that, but if it's got worse since the last game, I'm just doing without. I've played PES2012 far too much and I wouldn't even attempt to smoke the Rutter sausage all year.

s_5131_7.jpg

My guess at this apparent balls-up is that the items they've added to ML for things like training, such as dumbbells, creatine powders and "ripped in 4 weeks" spam emails, are to either be earned by playing MLO and / or purchasing them with real monies. Cash or MLO progress for GP.

Could also involve GP being used for wage & transfer funds, or a special Seabass-fronted chopstick edition of Donkey Kong: Jungle Beats where you play a rhythm game to encourage your players to get jiggy with it on the training pitch and bond the team more. Super downside - you do it every fucking day and there'll always be a fringe player complaining he "never gets in the first row and feels he is more than adequate".

Back
Top Bottom