PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

wabak: but that doesn't explain that the AI is having the runs too. We already know that he claims to press the button EVERY TIME he pass the ball. And it's not just his videos, it's all videos. We've been through this before.

Adam says that we'll see "who's right" when the demo hits, but it won't be in the demo, we already know that. The first demo will be based on the preview code which we know for sure doesn't have this bug.

wabak: but that doesn't explain that the AI is having the runs too. We already know that he claims to press the button EVERY TIME he pass the ball. And it's not just his videos, it's all videos. We've been through this before.

Yeah I know, I was just posting what I found on the other site. I see that there is a problem, lol.

replied before your edit appeared, that is what has me worried too... everyone is saying wait for the demo but as you said we know it won't be there, the 2nd demo will be the real test.

that was mostly tongue-in-cheek, but actually most of the reviews you read from fifa/pes playtesters basically are viral marketing whether they intend it to be or not. i stand by my criticism and i will keep complaining about it until i think the playtesters are doing a worthwhile job for the community. i caused a lot of controversy on the ea forum last year for making the same argument, some people get offended too easily.

What you don't seem to understand is that, for all your pedantry about the use of the word 'playtest', you're using the word 'community' while at the same time soon nothing that indicates that you know what that means. You're being phenomenally antisocial by being quite so aggressive and accusatory, and yet you expect these people - who are doing this for love of football games, not for publicity or self-aggrandisement or any financial gain - to listen to you and give a flying fuck what you think. You're literally turning up, being disrespectful to hobbyists who have given their honest impressions of a brief period of time with the game, and then wondering why people don't take to it well when you aim to offend them into doing what you want - which would have been to take up a role that was never the objective of our time with the game. It's because you're taking the piss by treating us as some sort of service to you, throwing around this crap about being insincere marketing mouthpieces.

It's not about us being oversensitive, it's not about asking you to polish our buttons, it's not about initiating you into a special Evo-web clique. It's basically about not being an arse and expecting to get your way in a completely voluntary environment. Right now I couldn't care less what you think because of how you've gone about voicing it. It's tactless, it reeks of poor hygiene, and it's not the behaviour of someone I aspire to please.

Last edited:
perfect example of someone that shouldn't be put in charge of testing games or giving community feedback. actually makes me feel nauseous just reading it, reminds me of that iraqi communications officer that was saying "everything is fine" as the US tanks rolled into baghdad

English is obviously not his first language (as he stated) so I don't think that's fair at all.

You try and write a game preview (which he wasn't doing, btw) in something other than English, let's see how well you do.

English is obviously not his first language (as he stated) so I don't think that's fair at all.

You try and write a game preview (which he wasn't doing, btw) in something other than English, let's see how well you do.

oh i wasn't speaking about that, i mean more that he is ignoring the obvious problem because he is afraid of upsetting the community. you can't be afraid of upsetting people if you are a tester, you are always going to be upsetting people in one way or another, whether it be the developers or the fans etc. he also says he didn't spot one single bug while playing :CONFUSE:

As long as it doesn't involve people coming in here out of the wilderness and being complete bellends without reason or context, I agree.

It's exactly what I meant without mentioning.
What I have always about evoweb during all those years (I'm not a big poster compared to the regulars but I do the forums a lot) is the fact there's always been a certain level of respect between posters even when they disagree.

anyone in the UK or Ireland getting PS3 version from another region to play 2 weeks early? any reason (besides cost) why i should not do this, such as editing or OF issues?

oh i wasn't speaking about that, i mean more that he is ignoring the obvious problem because he is afraid of upsetting the community. you can't be afraid of upsetting people if you are a tester, you are always going to be upsetting people in one way or another, whether it be the developers or the fans etc. he also says he didn't spot one single bug while playing :CONFUSE:

How would you know that ? Stop making things up

Yes, editing and OF issues, as I assume they will be BLES specific again. You could always buy it then put it on E-Bay two weeks later. I personally couldnt be arsed with the palarva.

Last edited:
Do you lot think the demo will be locked on professional? I can't remember what last years was, and I'm dying to play against the AI on Superstar lol.

he is ignoring the obvious problem because he is afraid of upsetting the community

I agree with you on this. IMO its obvious that PES2012 is far from perfect and people still saying how perfect it was when he played and shit.

Can't wait for the demo :YAWN:

Does the bles also impact on online match-ups? So if I bought the euro one would that mean I couldn't play the uk guys?

And the running does look ridiculous. I was just attributing it to the numbnuts playing, but it's eveyr pass with every player on both sides. Honestly, it's like EA have an undercover agent that whenever PES looks good they do something to mess it up.

Last edited:
I agree with you on this. IMO its obvious that PES2012 is far from perfect and people still saying how perfect it was when he played and shit.

Can't wait for the demo :YAWN:

people are not saying it's perfect, just wait for the FINAL demo or final game footage to make your own opinion
i don't think the first demo will have this so called bug, because it seems to be only in gamescom build

I'm confused, Adam over at WENB just wrote that what we see with the forward runs feels great when playing the game. On the other hand, I don't think he knows what the issue is, since he said he saw in the Italy video that the defender didn't make a run after clearning the ball. Which they obviously won't do since you can't do a clearence-and-run or lob-button-and run. It's not the R2-after-pass that is being "simulated" it's the L1+pass or whatever combo makes you sprint after passing.

Anyone know what issues has been worked on since the preview code (that we will get demo based on) and the Gamescom build? Jon mentioned shooting was much better in Gamescom version, but anything else in particular? And the preview code, how many percentages did they claim it is, 70-75?

Jon mentioned shooting was much better in Gamescom version

if it is i haven't noticed it, there is almost no variation in the shooting. in that multiplayer.it video the first three shots are all identical straight into the keepers arms, at least the shots have some weight behind them unlike the pathetic floaters in fifa but i think shooting in both games is abysmal right now.

The only reason it's not in that one so much is that there are a lot of intercepted and incomplete passes in this passage of gameplay, which seem to interrupt the 'always running forward' thing, or stop it happening completely.

Every time there's a successful ground pass, it still does happen, unfortunately.

I've just spent half an hour jumping around as many Gamescom vids as possible, and it's there in every single one.

But I'm not unduly worried. If this is a bug – and how could it not be? – either it'll be gone completely from the demo(s) and the final release, or it'll be patched away pretty quickly just like last year's green zone bug. In either case, nothing to worry about. Hopefully.

What we've got to worry about is whether this is a PES2012 feature that'll be rammed down our throats whether we like it or not. As PES2011's notorious stumble animation showed us, Konami are capable of implementing oddities that don't have anything to do with real football. And keeping them secret until very, very late in the day.

Is next-gen PES cursed?! It almost wouldn't be a proper next-gen PES game without all this frantic pre-release hyperventilating. But I live in hope.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom