PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Jimmy G-Force

Resident PES Fanman
13 April 2003
Newcastle
Middlesbrough F.C.
I think maybe it's about time we started a new discussion thread for Konami's next installment of their unique rendition of the Beautiful Game ...

Edit - I did post a video here but it turns out to be fake, so I guess it's back to the waiting game ..... :CONFUSE:

Last edited:
Guys we have a wishlist thread already. We don't need another one with redundant posts. Let's just wait til some sort of news or a press release is out. Locked til then.

And Jimmy, that is PES 4's intro mate ;)

Last edited:
PES 2012 discussion

PES 2012 available for pre-orders ALREADY @ shopto: http://www.shopto.net/PS3/VIDEO GAMES/PS3PR16-Pro Evolution Soccer 2012.html

At the same time, the "hype train" has left the station on the usual sources, mainly with this post: http://welovepes.blogspot.com/2011/03/about-time.html and some related tweets.

It's looking like we're going to get something really soon. Also good to know that the disasters in Japan haven't stopped the development.

time to discuss what could be an awsome game. for me, PES 11 was a return to form. loved it and looking forward to what they will do for master league online

Re: PES 2012 discussion

This thread will probably get closed like the one I started. I thought I had a sneak video to justify starting the thread. It was proved to be a fake, and I was left feeling like a prize bellend. :CONFUSE:

damm is it? anyways why do we need a new video to start a discussion on PES 2012? why cant we discuss and start speculating now?

I made the fifa 11 thread quite early too with no media attached to the opening post and that got by fine as we finally had an official thread to discuss anything and everything about the next game.

We know its going to arrive in september/october, its not as if this game wont come out at all.

fair enough if i was to start a thread about Halo 4. that would be bizare lol

We dont need a video, but posting one and then deleting it with nothing else to say made me feel a little stupid. At least you posted a quote.

Pre-order is a bit early this year seeing how there are no news on it whatsoever...

But with the situation in Japan still devastated, I doubt that there will be much news out in the coming month...

Well, I've pre-ordered already. Might as well as I'll be buying this regardless.:))

I don't think it's too early to start talking PES2012. Sounds as though news is imminent. The latest post on WeLovePes made good reading - sounds as though the development of PES2012 has been unaffected by the quake. Good news.

A bit pointless pre-ordering?

Supermarkets usually do offers on the release days of games, so you would probably be able to get it sub-£30.
If you come up empty-handed then you could always then order from ShopTo, their delivery is only 1-2 working days isn't it?

I have high hopes for PES 2012, they'd have to monumentally fuck up for it to be a poor game, as 2011 is excellent.

Supermarkets usually do offers on the release days of games, so you would probably be able to get it sub-£30.
If you come up empty-handed then you could always then order from ShopTo, their delivery is only 1-2 working days isn't it?

I have high hopes for PES 2012, they'd have to monumentally fuck up for it to be a poor game, as 2011 is excellent.

The supermarkets don't do such good deals on pes from my experience. I'm happy to pre-order even if it does cost a little more, and get it delivered free usually two days early.

the pc version could be bought for £17 :)

i too have high hopes for PES 2012. i hope they implement 10v10 BAP. that would be awsome and also i am eager to see what they can achieve in master league online as the potential of that mode is astounding.

Just take the gameplay up another notch or two before BAP and all that. add the option to change clubs in ML though! Other than that just 99% focus on gameplay please.

Just take the gameplay up another notch or two before BAP and all that. add the option to change clubs in ML though! Other than that just 99% focus on gameplay please.

Well tbh, if you look into it, the gameplay itself is "almost great", but is severely dampened by major problems with other core parts of the game (that are of course directly connected to gameplay, but aren't gameplay), like A.I., player switching, physics and animations. Their main focus should be on these.

Guess you guys are impatient then :LOL:

I'll go ahead and merge the two threads then.

Re: PES 2011 Discussion thread

@JonMurphy_PES Jon Murphy
In the meantime, I've just got new PES2012 code. Awesome, awesome gameplay. AI fantastic. More soon...

:YAWN: seeing is believing!

think we may get some screenshots and maybe a small vid in may though :)

Last edited:

Haha, why even bother calling your own game awesome/fantastic? Anyone with a brain cell can call bullshit on that one...

Remember Seabass on PES 2008... Saying something along the lines of it being the best football game we've ever seen...

Rutter/Paterson's bullshit for FIFA?

As klash said - seeing is believing, and even then, the videos will probably be from complete amateurs at the game who know nothing about football, making the game look artificially shite... The demo will be the first real glimpse into PES 2012 we get, and that's months away!

It's almost as bad as the latest 'news' post at NEWB.

Admitting their penchant for creating unrealistic hype in the past....

Hype. It’s a dangerous word for any PES fan, and perhaps something that can be attributed to WENB more than the series over the years.
...followed by this beauty......

While the focus of the game is to act on feedback the fanbase has been excellent in providing, the team have had ample time to add a whole host of elements fresh and new that will blow your mind.

Skepticism is a good thing nowadays as long as it doesn't turn into "simply be trolling" :P But I'm a hype train lover!

Skepticism is a good thing nowadays as long as it doesn't turn into "simply be trolling" :P But I'm a hype train lover!
Yup, it's the video game version of an adrenaline shot straight to the heart.

Hopefully I'll be able to ignore all the hype and shady gameplay vids this time around. I always get drawn in and make it impossible for it to meet my expectations.

Last year it was for FIFA, after anticipating it'd better PES individualism for months I switched it off following two quick demo matches. In contrast, I thought PES 11 looked abysmal and unchanged from 10 judging by the vids, but I turned out being pleasantly surprised for the first time in years.

The hype will probably get to me in the end. It always does.

Having said that, I can't wait for the first news, images and video, and then spending the following days and weeks scrutinising every last detail of them.

It's what the PES build-up roller-coaster is all about.:))

Hopefully I'll be able to ignore all the hype and shady gameplay vids this time around. I always get drawn in and make it impossible for it to meet my expectations.

Last year it was for FIFA, after anticipating it'd better PES individualism for months I switched it off following two quick demo matches. In contrast, I thought PES 11 looked abysmal and unchanged from 10 judging by the vids, but I turned out being pleasantly surprised for the first time in years.

Well that's ironic to say the least heh. Most people hate hype because they have huge expectations and end up being completely disappointed because they don't know how to take it all in.

It's probably more difficult for them to fail this year than succeed... PES 2011 is a very good game, and has a lot of potential as a base for 2012.

We all know how Konami can go backwards/arcadey though, just look at how much of a screw up PES6 was after the great PES5...

About Jon tweet, although obviously you "can't trust his words" because it's "his game", I find it peculiar that he choose to point out the AI instead of anything else.

I can see PES 2012 going in the right direction. But now when the PES guy is vice president (or whatever) for Konami, I'm afraid they will put more money in it and try to challenge EA again and try to make it a game for everyone (more arcady and shallow).

I actually rather see them give up and just go back trying to make it for the sim heads and get popular because of sim heads recommending it to others. Like how NBA2K sank EA NBA because the sim heads told everyone to play it if they knew anything about basketball. NBA2K or GTFO.

Back
Top Bottom