PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

If anyone actually cares about fifa. Just watched two vids released in PSN store and imo im definately more intrigued by PES, fifa looks and seems so much like FIFA 11 all over again, just with tweakshere and there, im a big player of both games, and will probably always be, bit the 2011 games saw PES get twice as much game time as FIFA and looks like the split may increase again this year..
Even my brother, who previously refused point blank to play PES amd loves FIFA admits that right now PES looks like the better game *fingers crossed that any minor prblems mentined are ironed out* :)

the nets do look better in that camera, in the wider cam they look like those transparent curtains that old people use

do you think modders can add some contrast to the texture to make it appear brighter? that might help

That's the strange thing mate. Some of the vids have invisible looking nets, barely noticeable on far-wider cam. However in this vid cam-angle, the nets look perfect!

Not sure why the difference but my guess is that it has to do with the cam you use, in that the farther you zoom out, the more invisible and terrible the nets will look. Hence why I'm sticking with the sideline gorgeous cam on the vid.

I'm sure modders can fix that wider cam net problem. They are like Gods. They can fix anything, those tricky ponnies.

That's the strange thing mate. Some of the vids have invisible looking nets, barely noticeable on far-wider cam. However in this vid cam-angle, the nets look perfect!

Not sure why the difference but my guess is that it has to do with the cam you use, in that the farther you zoom out, the more invisible and terrible the nets will look. Hence why I'm sticking with the sideline gorgeous cam on the vid.

I'm sure modders can fix that wider cam net problem. They are like Gods. They can fix anything, those tricky ponnies.

Yeah LOD issue for widecam. Bah, as long as i can purchase pc version, the issue is always buried before the game is even out :P

Indeed, those pitch cam looks superb to me. But may not be too surprised at it, since in PES 2011 pc via modded camera i see something a bit familiar in a good way.

Glad konami bring this cam to console even though hopefully they include adjustable camera setting inside PES 2012 which may not the case this year.

Funny that the first thing that worried everyone was the pace, but some other videos that came out later proved that the pace is good. Now is that foward runs thing lol... well i'm pretty sure that this is just a bug, and something went wron with the gamescom code.

It's pure ignorance from those people who are being harsh and agressive with playtesters here. This forward runs problem is so easily notable. Do you really think that the guys (playtesters) would not have mentioned anything about it and give the feedback to Konami if this bug was there in older builds ? come on... of course they would!

I'm pretty sure we won't see that in the demo of next week, otherwse by this time it would already be cancelled. lol

All I hope is that the game punish severely those who spam 1-2s or r2, and make it looks like a very risky and stupid strategy, because it's simply not logical and football.

Last edited:
Wow - that looks delicious. Those knock ons look great. Some nice looking ball physics in there, even with the shooting. Can't wait for the demo.

I wonder how many gameplay video's will surface after the demo comes out :P

Just for the sake of dicussion

YouTube - P8185388

Human vs human, better played compared to early vids e.g a bit more patient, focus on defender making unnecessary runs forward after every passing most of the time while not being underpressured. Of course this context that i don't want to see for the final build. If the context is more correct then it is okay.

Do you think both human player press R2 or make one two move all the time, i doubt it.

Let me say this, when playing PES 2011 in front of my eyes at first i try to look direclty at the next receiving player and sometimes the one that making a pass before in certain one-two situation. Untill, i try to observe in more big picture, i realise that PES 2011 passing animation should get changed. It is the "pass - freeze/stop - move" cycle. So yeah that might be what happen with some at gamescom i.e focus on the receiving player and team mate in front.

Last edited:
It's pure ignorance from those people who are being harsh and agressive with playtesters here. This forward runs problem is so easily notable. Do you really think that the guys (playtesters) would not have mentioned anything about it and give the feedback to Konami if this bug was there in older builds ? come on... of course they would!

To be fair, I think it has been one particular person, rather than people, and his issue was actually something about dribbling animations.
Regarding the pass and run bug, I don't think anyone has blamed the playtesters for missing it. I and some others did ask them to think back just in case (arguement being it may be something more noticable when watching rather than playing), but there was no harshness or aggressiveness and we quickly came to the consensus that this is a bug that has crept into the Gamescom code only.

Just wanted to clear that up, as a lot of good posters here don't deserve being labled in the same group as one particular poster who has gone about sharing his views in a particularly poor way.

Just for the sake of dicussion

YouTube - P8185388

Human vs human, better played compared to early vids

Finally, after 20 or so abysmal videos we get to see this one that shows what 2012 is all about. I hope the forward running from center defenders is gone from the demo that's coming out next week. I'm really liking how the full backs stay compact to cut out the wide passes and the midfielders who drop back to collect loose balls.

Finally, after 20 or so abysmal videos we get to see this one that shows what 2012 is all about. I hope the forward running from center defenders is gone from the demo that's coming out next week. I'm really liking how the full backs stay compact to cut out the wide passes and the midfielders who drop back to collect loose balls.

Think its no co-incidence that two relatively weaker teams are being used. Think PES always shines more with these teams. Pace is less frantic, passes will be more error prone and if your team has a star player he'll really stand out, for example Hazard with some quality dribbling in that video.

What I don't understand is that hardly anyone tries new things. A lot of the people playing are from the press and should be aware of all new features of this PES. Yet I can't recall anyone using player select for goalkicks or set pieces, trying shot-fake to see if it's really back to its former glorious self, trying various crosses (all I recall have been of same height) etc. Shame no evo-webbers are there taking some videos.

I have to agree. Shame that no one tries testing the new features nor shows any replays.

I have seen some nice overlapping runs though which have been obliged with diagonal through balls and then a resultant cross. Looked lovely.

One good thing to note though is that when players make a forward run, they're smart enough to come back to their position after a few steps if they haven't been given a return pass.

This game without the forward run bug will be one sexy bastard to play. The CPU is so impressive. Love how it makes the human player think he will pass the other player and then just skin him, leaving him sliding on the grass. Nice. AI is very quick in his "mind", very human like it seems.

I've gotten quite a lot of views on the forward run video too, so hopefully some people have tweeted Jon about it. Would be nice if he could comment on this issue.

Last edited:
This game without the forward run bug will be one sexy bastard to play. The CPU is so impressive. Love how it makes the human player think he will pass the other player and then just skin him, leaving him sliding on the grass. Nice. AI is very quick in his "mind", very human like it seems.

I've gotten quite a lot of views on the forward run video too, so hopefully some people have tweeted Jon about it. Would be nice if he could comment on this issue.

It would be a good idea if more people tweeted him about it.

The last video with Fernandez running ... brilliant. Looks like the CPU feints and then goes the other way to break into the run, and the quick passing move looked great as well.

Looking forward to the demo so much, especially as I'm on PC now and the PC demo always gets tweaked to change the match length etc :)

hi guys

been out of picture for a long time now. pes 2012 is looking very good, perhaps a return to the excitement and feel of ps2 days? :BOP:

Where is thomasgoal and badgerman? They usually make the forum more interesting at this time of year??!!! :P or have I missed something and they have been banned or deserted evo web?
:CONFUSE:

in my opinion we should just stay calm for now
i think we are getting a bit ridicolous by wanting to fix something we only saw, not exeperienced by ourselves.No one that played the game at gamescom and has reported on wenb or talked about the runs to be an issue, so we should stop talking about this as a bug.
A bug is something broken or glitchy that can be experienced by playing, not watching.
Wait, wait, wait, is my opinion, don't be so emotional, don't be fooled by videos
IF this "bug" will be present in final demo, and will be very annoying for use while PLAYING we will have reasons to complain and tweet Murphy about that.

I simply hope Konami will not change the game as it is now.

one more thing: it seems a real problem right now is goalkeepers, they are at pes 2011 levels, now that's something i think we should report Murphy

Last edited:
What are you talking about? It's clearly there. The only reason people don't report on it is because they didn't think about it while playing. It's a glitch because it ruins the AI and formation completely. When the two central defenders pass the ball they sprint up field, every time, leaving a gap to counter in if the next person lose the ball.

There is no way this is intended behavior, it's clearly a bug. I say it like Jimmy, do people seriously think Seabass would like it to be like this? Seriously?

A guy posted a picture on WENB where the formation looked really weird, it was 5-0-5. Where 5 were on own half and 5 in a row full attack running back again. Of course this will happen when every player makes a straight run forward after passing the ball. The build is broken, it's a glitch/bug that has sneaked in and there is no chance this will be in the full release if Konami are aware of it.

I will make sure to upload several replays from the preview based demo and show that it's not like this in the demo version.

What are you talking about? It's clearly there. The only reason people don't report on it is because they didn't think about it while playing. It's a glitch because it ruins the AI and formation completely. When the two central defenders pass the ball they sprint up field, every time, leaving a gap to counter in if the next person lose the ball.

There is no way this is intended behavior, it's clearly a bug. I say it like Jimmy, do people seriously think Seabass would like it to be like this? Seriously?

A guy posted a picture on WENB where the formation looked really weird, it was 5-0-5. Where 5 were on own half and 5 in a row full attack running back again. Of course this will happen when every player makes a straight run forward after passing the ball. The build is broken, it's a glitch/bug that has sneaked in and there is no chance this will be in the full release if Konami are aware of it.

I will make sure to upload several replays from the preview based demo and show that it's not like this in the demo version.

Glitch or not, it seems no one has mentioned it at Gamesco top Konami, the first they heard of it was from Adam. The only two problems have been a few animation and keeper problems.

If it is there then surely a few of the 1000's who have played the game would pick it out.

haha On the Lille video in the close-up when Hazard took a free kick, I thought they included this fantasy of mine (long ankle tapes) only to realize it's the socks design

Here's the thing, if it's indeed a problem with newer builds then they can't anything about it because Adam's getting FINAL code next week. Yep, so it means the game has gone gold.

Now in next week's demo, which is preview code, if it isn't there, then it's deffo a bug.

If no one "noticed it", it's probably on final code (and probably on the second demo as well), so there, everyone will experience it and be able to report.

Of course our only hope now, if that's the case, is that it's fixable with a post-release patch, like the jog bug.

You can tweet it to Jon but nothing is going to change right now. Let's see how it unfolds next week.

I said I would leave it but I can't haha. Here is a leaked video from a month ago. Just like in the gameplay from the trailers, this code does NOT have the forward run bug.

YouTube - PES 2012 gameplay match leak

Notice how the AI of the player that just passed is contextual. If there is space to move into he will, but if he want to find space in any other direction than straight forward, he will. This is the good AI that Konami have been working on. As usual, the easiest way to spot this is to look at what happens when the defenders pass the ball. Because they're not supposed to run up the field like maniacs after a pass. In the leaked video they behave perfectly, staying back after a pass.

Last edited:
Glitch or not, it seems no one has mentioned it at Gamesco top Konami, the first they heard of it was from Adam. The only two problems have been a few animation and keeper problems.

If it is there then surely a few of the 1000's who have played the game would pick it out.

Not necessarily. Most of the guys there are just playing the game, not much observing and paying attention to it. Look at most the videos and you'll see how they play even, direct and too rushed. You get an idea that not much thinking is going on. Then you know you don't expect these guys to notice much.

can't believe that people are saying it's not there, we only see it...

of course they run forward, i don't have to play it to see that, i really don't get why some people react like that!

I said I would leave it but I can't haha. Here is a leaked video from a month ago. Just like in the gameplay from the trailers, this code does NOT have the forward run bug.

YouTube - PES 2012 gameplay match leak

Notice how the AI of the player that just passed is contextual. If there is space to move into he will, but if he want to find space in any other direction than straight forward, he will. This is the good AI that Konami have been working on. As usual, the easiest way to spot this is to look at what happens when the defenders pass the ball. Because they're not supposed to run up the field like maniacs after a pass. In the leaked video they behave perfectly, staying back after a pass.

Another good video Gab. I think this is the code I played, E3. You can see that defensive minded players rarely do that run, if at all. Most of the time its the more attack minded ones that will barge forward while others opening up space.

Anyway, I just remembered something too, long throws with a player who's got a long throw (think that's what its called) skill card, will actually do a Delap, unlike in 2011 where it was useless.

Back
Top Bottom