PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

if it is i haven't noticed it, there is almost no variation in the shooting. in that multiplayer.it video the first three shots are all identical straight into the keepers arms, at least the shots have some weight behind them unlike the pathetic floaters in fifa but i think shooting in both games is abysmal right now.

i've read all your posts, and no one, NO ONE, has a single positive comment about those Pes 2012 videos
the fact is i never saw you in this discussion and now you are bringing to this discussion much more negativity than is required

first speaking about rod,rom,lami and other playtesters as viral marketing tools, then insulting people like chaos from prorevo who is playtesting the game right now, then complaining about the forward runs and finally about shooting, without forgetting the part where you question the zonal defending from one single CPU video.
Great work spreading negativity over here :))

I havn't read about the last 10 pages of this thread, but I think we all know that this will be a great football game for the coming 12 months for anyone looking for a simulation.

PES 2011 was a very good game, and an excellent base to work from, KONAMI would need to seriously screw up to make 2012 a failure - I don't think even they are capable of that. PES 2011 was not this generation's "PES5".

I'm sure that 99% of the issues in the videos are to do with the people playing the game, not many of the fundamental footballing aspects look off to me (not perfect, mind).
If we had a game involving some people on here, I'm certain we'd see some great footage, with creative and tactical football being played.
Even so, there's a lot of positives in the vids, and the shitty style of play is not being rewarded at all really - the CPU has been rampant against some of them.

Off topic - FIFA looks absolute dog shit again this year, I really don't see what anyone else sees in that game.
Bearing in mind I don't really give a crap about graphics or animations.

The sports games I enjoy most (other than PES) are Tennis Elbow 2011 (shit graphics/animations) and Virtual Pool 3 (shit graphics, no animations). Really, gameplay is everything.

I just came.
You need to ditch FIFA this year, PES is where it's at when it comes to football :).

Last edited by a moderator:
that camera angle is a big improvement because it doesn't have the silly panning effect, also notice matias fernandez running through without the rubber band effect, perhaps because he did some kind of knock ahead?
It's the new 'type R1 twice', they changed it a bit.

I'd like that camera if it was just a bit higher and further out. That's what I use for FIFA - you see the whole pitch but you also get a better idea of the space on the pitch and the angles available to you. I do think it needs a bit of pan as well - no idea why the 9-step panning option hasn't been brought back yet so everyone's happy.

It's definitely been put in there with 3D in mind. I expected that 3D announcement just from hearing the pitchside cam was in.

Wooooo 3D baby gonna play it till my eyes bleed. Even PES2011 looked good when you did the 2D > 3D conversion the stadia had a nice depth to them. Obviously not konamis doing as its samsungs tech but it looked good. It does strain the eyes after about an hour though.

I hope PES 2012 has NBA2k11s 3D quality cos that was the dogs bollocks.

In the last video there was one instance where the attacker got in front of the defender and ran towards goal. The speed of him and the defender seemed great. I know they had problems with the attacker being too slow when dribbling (catch up bug) but i really hoped it wouldn't mean that suddenly the attacker could accelerate away faster than the chasing defender. Thankfully it doesn't look that way, atleast in that example. The attacker has the advantage but he can't pull away because dribbling with the ball naturally means he is slower than sprinting and the defender isn't that quick even without the ball. It ends up with their speeds being pretty equal so there's no unecessary advantage for the attacker or defender.

Last edited:
Wooooo 3D baby gonna play it till my eyes bleed. Even PES2011 looked good when you did the 2D > 3D conversion the stadia had a nice depth to them. Obviously not konamis doing as its samsungs tech but it looked good. It does strain the eyes after about an hour though.

I hope PES 2012 has NBA2k11s 3D quality cos that was the dogs bollocks.

Haha you play PES in 2D-3D conversion too? I was seriously excited to hear about this being in 3D. Can't wait!

Yes, editing and OF issues, as I assume they will be BLES specific again. You could always buy it then put it on E-Bay two weeks later. I personally couldnt be arsed with the palarva.
What do you mean by OF issues? I'm aware of the editing discrepancies, but did not know of any other possible issues. I'm guessing there wouldn't be any online matchmaking issues either as I've often played against blokes from far-off countries like Thailand or South Korea. My main reason for getting the game earlier would be MLO, no doubt, unless Konami change the system (unlikely) and also because I'm in the US right now. The dearth of patches has often irked me several times, but it's not really a dealbreaker as such.

Last edited:

Best vid I've seen so far.

This vid just made this game a "must-buy" for me.

This camera angle is definately the one I'll be using. Everything just looks more dynamic, organic, and gorgeous with this cam. Not to mention, the "nets"...they look great and more solid white on this cam.

Anyone know what cosole version this is on?

This camera angle is definately the one I'll be using. Everything just looks more dynamic, organic, and gorgeous with this cam. Not to mention, the "nets"...they look great and more solid white on this cam.

It's the only video i've seen where it looks like the person playing actually has played PES before. I'm judging that solely on the fact that he knows how to trap the ball, evident when the Bayern Munich player just leaps in for a slide tackle and Sporting's Fernandez traps the ball and proceeds to push the ball passed him. The Bayern Munich guy looks a bit hopeless if he's defending like that.

Edit: I've just been informed that's the CPU so if you read the above you just wasted 30 seconds of your life :). Don't feel bad i wasted about a minute writing it.

Last edited:
It's the only video i've seen where it looks like the person playing actually has played PES before. I'm judging that solely on the fact that he knows how to trap the ball, evident when the Bayern Munich player just leaps in for a slide tackle and Sporting's Fernandez traps the ball and proceeds to push the ball passed him. The Bayern Munich guy looks a bit hopeless if he's defending like that.

Erm... I think that... was the CPU... :P

the nets do look better in that camera, in the wider cam they look like those transparent curtains that old people use

do you think modders can add some contrast to the texture to make it appear brighter? that might help

Back
Top Bottom