PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Hey Lami, on the ball jogging animation, the player's foot doesn't go through the ball anymore like last year right?
I'm not sure if it still happens or not. All the replays I've seen though it never happened. Doesn't mean it won't later though. Stuff like this needs much more time.

Problem is that the Asim guy with final version (it seems) didn't see anything wrong with the gamescom videos, just like Adam. But I trust in Seabass.

How can he not see that something is wrong in the gamescom videos? Its too evident.

@ retronym, If you use the word retard once more you will find yourself banned.You have used that word three times in the last twenty four hours & i for one find it very offensive,.. one of the mods has already deleted one of your posts containing that word due to members reporting it & being offended by it... i am sure you can find a more reasonable description than retard .

Last edited:
Gab_ , you're right, I re-watched pretty much every gameplay vid and the runs are there. Hope they don't make it through final version

I think they're trying to rationalise it too much, and it doesn't seem rational as a result. It grates because obviously the CB shouldn't be running forward unless specifically told to, and it doesn't seem like there is any careful judgement being made at the moment, when you look at the Utd - Milan vid. It's not about moving into space because 'why not', it's about these judgement calls being sensible and realistic, and centrebacks and DM's bombing forward is not the same as fullbacks or wingers or box-to-box mids doing the same.

If you look at that trailer vid as posted above, there are loads of examples of players passing the ball (not through passes, standard ground passes) and the player doesn't then run on. It really does seem like the NPC AI in the GC code is just too aggressive. You do want some mobility, you don't want players only running forward if you tell them to, but the GC code seems to have overdone it. Dunno why, maybe some press talk influenced them, perhaps it was just a misjudgement. But there you have it - it's a problem in GC code. Can't speak for people I haven't seen play but between Rod and I we didn't see anything as dramatic as in these vids.

Last edited:
I'm happy to see more sensible people on this board. It's a huge deal and has probably already been fixed. They don't make demos like this the day before, this was 80% build and the game is pretty much finished now so the retail version will most certainly not have this weird behavior.

If anything, central defenders try to pull back to make the midfield less compact, giving the midfielders more room to work in. I'm really embarrassed to read at the other site when people say it's good behavior in the videos, that they are finding space. Wouldn't that mean they think the trailer AI behavior suck? Where it actually behaves very good. Also, how could they complain before about trigger run button which is what is happening here... oh right, shaded glasses.

Last edited:
It's better to have a strong reaction now regarding and eventually have the proper reassurances that the bug is noticed/will be taken care of that's for sure.

i honestly believe the reason we are seeing nearly every player making forward runs from the videos i have just seen is very simple the guys that are playing the game wouldv gone into team style and set player support and attacking style to 20, and cause this game is so responsive to tactics this year, i believe that is what has happened

It's better to have a strong reaction now regarding and eventually have the proper reassurances that the bug is noticed/will be taken care of that's for sure.

As long as it doesn't involve people coming in here out of the wilderness and being complete bellends without reason or context, I agree.

i honestly believe the reason we are seeing nearly every player making forward runs from the videos i have just seen is very simple the guys that are playing the game wouldv gone into team style and set player support and attacking style to 20, and cause this game is so responsive to tactics this year, i believe that is what has happened

There are plenty of CPU games and I doubt they have changed the settings for the CPU teams too. It's like every time it is possible to do a pass-and-run, it will. So if you head the ball, he won't do it like you can see in the videos. Same with crosses. But when you hit ground passes it is very obvious that it triggers every time for both CPU and human players. Some runs are obviously good, even though pretty much always straight a head, like a headless chicken, but the central defenders can't sprint up the field like that without cover. That's the most obvious giveaway that there is a bug in this build only, because it screws up the defense every time a defender has passed the ball.

And it's funny how "video evidence" is worse than trusting the word of people according to the other site. I mean we can see it, how is that not good enough? I think the reason they are so sensitive, is because it wasn't in their build, and think people claim they're lying. And since the demo was not going to be this version either we have to wait for the full release, or until someone that actually sees the problem now plays a review copy.

Lami: Any chance you could ask Guy about this if you haven't already? I think you're the only one here with a direct contact with a Konami employee.

Last edited:
there is a rule in software engineering: all software has bugs. if the tester isnt experiencing bugs in a half completed game they either aren't looking for them or simply aren't cut out to be testers. i guarantee you if i was a playtester for either fifa or pes i would be able to write a book on the bugs in any one build i was given access to.

i dont buy the story that they wouldn't be invited back, games companies are falling over backwards now to take fan feedback into account because they know it's the best way to stay ahead of the curve, and im not saying they should be slandering the game calling the developers clueless, there is a difference between that and solid constructive criticism. that is why i dont believe in positive reviews, at least not completely positive reviews, because we are so far from perfection in football games that if a review isnt at least 50% criticism then it's evidence of extreme cognitive dissonance on the part of the tester.

Garbage....where did you come from I know this...its a old member that is making a comeback..stop feeding this fool:FAIL:

@all

i didn't catch to read all what's written today and yesterday, but i would like to know is that awful bug with "players running forward right after pass" fixed/going to be fixed or not?

On a side note those accusing the play-testers off here as being viral marketers is bang out of order IMO

that was mostly tongue-in-cheek, but actually most of the reviews you read from fifa/pes playtesters basically are viral marketing whether they intend it to be or not. i stand by my criticism and i will keep complaining about it until i think the playtesters are doing a worthwhile job for the community. i caused a lot of controversy on the ea forum last year for making the same argument, some people get offended too easily.

It may have been posted somewhere already and obscured by the sheer quantity of text, but has anyone of the play testers or other members with more established twitter relations brought this issue to Murphy or others from Konami PR?

As long as its offically noted as a "Bug" and not made by design then I don't think theirs reason to worry, worst case scenario then would be a patch not long after the game's came out surely?

But if its by design then its a worry :SS

that was mostly tongue-in-cheek, but actually most of the reviews you read from fifa/pes playtesters basically are viral marketing whether they intend it to be or not. i stand by my criticism and i will keep complaining about it until i think the playtesters are doing a worthwhile job for the community. i caused a lot of controversy on the ea forum last year for making the same argument, some people get offended too easily.

It's not a case of people being offended too easily, it's a case of your ego getting the best of you. Just because you disagree with the way something is done it doesn't mean the person is doing it wrong. It just means you disagree. It's not as if you've simply stated your reservations either; you've gone beyond criticism now and have allowed a comparatively small issue in the context of the game's development to make you antagonistic. Quit while you're ahead.

All hail king carlos :WORSHIP::WORSHIP:worst example anyone could use when referring to a defender that cant carry a ball.

actually that video provides a great example of why the rubber band dribbling in pes is so unrealistic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1DeYW5Wb2s#t=1m01s

you can see puyol dribbling with the ball at full sprint, he is really struggling to keep control of it and takes quite large touches in front of him, which is exactly what you would expect from a defender bombing forward out of defence, you wouldn't expect lots of small delicate touches like messi or ronaldo.

compare real life to puyol in pes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScA1z5Bx4kQ#t=2m05s the difference is HUGE

Last edited:
chaos wrote:Hi everyone, it's Ben from Cologne. apparently, my tweets caused riots and confusion. I'll try to clarify.

First of all, sorry. For every problem I caused and for all the fights I caused. I never intended to do so :-(

Next: Even if CPU controlled Milan did look a bit weird with strange movements, trust me, it wasn't. They were a challenge I never had in PES2011. It was tight, my hands were wet with sweat, it was a match that I'd comment with: "wow. Just wow. I'm happy that I lost because that was some he'll of a game."
All felt right, all was brilliant.

I'm someone who uses R2 nearly all the time in PES2011 to get my players running and to strike a good attack. So it was and still is inevitable that I use it without recognising that I did. it became natural for me.

In PES 2012, this feature is still there and you can use it. However, you won't need it. Players are most of the time exactly there where you would expect them to be. And that is awesome. Every match that I played was a new WOW! match. And so much fun. Trust me, watching the video of my own match made me frown. It looks completely different to when you play it yourself. It looks somewhat irritating. Which my match wasn't. My match was perfect. It was fun. It was realistic.

Someone bringing up the word bug.. Hardly. No, not at all. I actually had not one bug here at cologne. Not one. And I've watched many matches til now.

The game is awesome! It really is! You know, you can only say so much with 140 characters and I obviously chose the wrong ones. And maybe made mistakes as English is not my first language. And I am really sorry for that.

Trust me, the game is so great, you completely forget your surroundings and dive into the game. Each and everyone of you would say the same if they only got their hands on this code.

The players' movements might look strange on a video. But when you play it, it's so different. I never really understood when someone said 'videos don't do the game justice'. However, now I know.

I'll try to record another video today, with my iPhone.

Please do not hate me for what I said/dis and please all calm down.

Ben

:))

He's the guy that recorded the Milan/Utd video.

Back
Top Bottom