PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

exactly!

It's like you blame FOOTBALL when you watch Arsenal play. It's not FOOTBALL fault that they play that bad, the problem is in the players, the coach, the board.

Now when we see Barça playing football we see all the difference it makes!

Man i liked your post until u said arsenal play bad football? since when :LOL:

we are the most entertaining side in english football :COOL:

More Manchester United faces from: http://www.peskings.com/2011/08/manchester-united-pes-2012.html

photo.JPG

photo+1.JPG

photo+2.JPG

photo+3+%25282%2529.JPG

photo+3.JPG

photo+1+%25282%2529.JPG

photo+5+%25282%2529.JPG

photo+4.JPG

photo+4+%25282%2529.JPG

photo+5.JPG

Finally Hernandez! :D

I downloaded a match, earlier seen on youtube between France and Spain, but now it is in HD. There is a difference in speed, see for yourself.

Download it with Bittorrent:

http://www.gamersyde.com/download_pro_evolution_soccer_2012_gc_showfloor_gameplay-22844_en.html

You can stream it from here: http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_pro_evolution_soccer_2012_gc_showfloor_gameplay-22830_en.html

If you skip to 6:06, the replay shows a low angle. Maybe this is the new pitchside cam??

exactly!

It's like you blame FOOTBALL when you watch Arsenal play. It's not FOOTBALL fault that they play that bad, the problem is in the players, the coach, the board.

Now when we see Barça playing football we see all the difference it makes!

My man

You can tell who the faces are, but I don't think they look that great. Alot of them, the faces are all concentrated in the middle of the face, makes them look very weird indeed.

i dont remember it ever being like that, players with close control dribbling like messi should simply take a greater number of smaller touches, not have the ball magically stuck to their foot. fifa has it spot on there in that the player knocks the ball ahead and runs after it, the ball and player feel like separate entities where as in pes, at least with some players it looks like the ball and player are glued together somehow. it's not a gamebreaker as i said but could definitely be improved

yeah mate. IIRC this was discussed a long time ago exactly after demo/final version in here at evo-web.

It is about animation transition when dribbling. The concept Konami introduced in PES 2011 is very welcome as it adds some excitement in playing. I can't find this on fifa 11 pc that i had.
Surely though, the way the animation and its transition in dribbling, even i think, for star player is so not perfect.

Second, some connection between correct foot and ball for some players is never seen before in real life. It is when they knocked the ball ahead not with the correct foot :FAIL: .

It has been mentioned in some feedback but unfortunately AFAIK is not the very top priority i had seen. It is important to note that it is also down to tech Konami has now.

If you remember in PES 2010 dribbling animation is mostly just normal run with ball. So in 2011 they add more realistic concept and in 2012 so far from what i have seen they tweaked more and yes it is still not perfect but for sure we must get this animation and its contextual for PES 2013 as one of top priority.

i personally would say overall animation is improved from 2011. Some look better than the other game some does not.

I downloaded a match, earlier seen on youtube between France and Spain, but now it is in HD. There is a difference in speed, see for yourself.

Download it with Bittorrent:

http://www.gamersyde.com/download_pro_evolution_soccer_2012_gc_showfloor_gameplay-22844_en.html

You should all download this video and you will see that speed is fine. The problem is when stuff is uploaded onto youtube it gets speeded up, download the above video and pace of the game is perfectly fine.

Maybe it just me but it seems that every player has great technique and close control even the one that shouldn't.

That caught my eye too, defenders seem to be able to bring it down mid-sprint without any hesitation. Everything seems more responsive but looks as if they've compromised some realism/individuality in doing so....

06:13... one-two pass sends Rio sprinting up the pitch... another one-two pass sends Vidic sprinting up the pitch as well... And then after Berbatov gets sent off, he opts for Park as a lone striker. Dealing with a football genius at the controls here folks :CRY:

AI looks fairly dangerous though! Shame about van Bommel's bicycle kick. And Robinho sprinting back 75 yards to chase Rooney. But it can ping the ball about, and the full width of the pitch seems to be used a little more than 2011.

Anyone know if there's a HUD option to disable the gay-bow (power bar)?

That caught my eye too, defenders seem to be able to bring it down mid-sprint without any hesitation. Everything seems more responsive but looks as if they've compromised some realism/individuality in doing so....

We'll just have to wait and see, could also be player stats, I mean many defenders have horrible control and technique compared to forwards and world class players but can we expect that KONAMI actually makes stats like that? doubt it.

Gattuso makes a lot of forward runs in that video, Lami said this can be avoided, I hope the default tactics for the teams are accurate.

lol @ the CPU doing step over every time Robinho has the ball. CPU AI looks deadly, maybe a bit too frantic but it sure looks fun. It's great that the AI can finally work well in tight situations. It looks very clever, I didn't understand it was the CPU at first, played pretty human like.

For an offline only guy like myself these CPU videos are amazing. PES 2011 had such shit AI to play against it wasn't even funny. Now they seem to behave amazingly good, such a huge step in the AI department this year, all over the pitch. Very impressed.

A bit too good ball control (since there are no unique touches/error based touches except first touches), so it looks a bit rubber bandish like mentioned before. Maybe in PES 2013 we'll finally get error based touches.

lol @ the CPU doing step over every time Robinho has the ball. CPU AI looks deadly, maybe a bit too frantic but it sure looks fun. It's great that the AI can finally work well in tight situations. It looks very clever, I didn't understand it was the CPU at first, played pretty human like.

For an offline only guy like myself these CPU videos are amazing. PES 2011 had such shit AI to play against it wasn't even funny. Now they seem to behave amazingly good, such a huge step in the AI department this year, all over the pitch. Very impressed.

A bit too good ball control (since there are no unique touches/error based touches except first touches), so it looks a bit rubber bandish like mentioned before. Maybe in PES 2013 we'll finally get error based touches.

even if it's not error based at least make the animation look believable, i cant see how any tester can fail to notice that, it even happens to non skilled dribblers check carles puyol at 2 minutes in YouTube - PES 2012 gamescom gameplay video

there is no way puyol could dribble like that, sorry but its not good enough if that was in fifa people would be crying about it in every post. its disappointing because it really spoils the overall improvements to animations

Hopefully the same is true about your AI teammates in BAL, that was the biggest issue with BAL for me and made it unplayable.

So hopefully the difficulty you set will be the difficulty your teammates also play at, last year it seemed like your teammates were at pro difficulty no matter what difficulty you played at.

there is no way puyol could dribble like that, sorry but its not good enough if that was in fifa people would be crying about it in every post. its disappointing because it really spoils the overall improvements to animations

Very true, but im hoping thats due to bad stats of players ( like defenders having better ball control/technique than they should ), nothing a little tweaking of stats can't fix.

You make it sound like this place is full of PES fanboys, have you seen this forum the last couple of years? PES has been ripped several new assholes. Sure everyone is really pumped now and might miss some issues, but I'm sure people will notice it in the demo (unless it's so fun to play that people don't bother with it).

You make it sound like this place is full of PES fanboys, have you seen this forum the last couple of years? PES has been ripped several new assholes. Sure everyone is really pumped now and might miss some issues, but I'm sure people will notice it in the demo (unless it's so fun to play that people don't bother with it).

i didnt mean to imply that but it seems like a rather glaring issue, im more annoyed at the playtesters who as far as im aware completely failed to notice it.

im completely neutral but i havent played pes since 2008 so obviously im judging it through a different set of standards than someone who is coming from pes2011, i will definitely be trying the demo though which i havent even bothered to do since pes 2008

i didnt mean to imply that but it seems like a rather glaring issue, im more annoyed at the playtesters who as far as im aware completely failed to notice it.

im completely neutral but i havent played pes since 2008 so obviously im judging it through a different set of standards than someone who is coming from pes2011, i will definitely be trying the demo though which i havent even bothered to do since pes 2008

Both games have this issue because they refuse to implement error based touches. I think both games have them for first touches, but while dribbling and sprinting every touch is always the same. If they made it so that there were always some degree of error, be it hardly visible or not, you'd have much more organic movement since the player have to adjust speed and body position depending on the quality of the touch. If Puyol actually had some bad touches, making him almost losing control of the ball, it would be OK in my eyes. If just one game implemented this, the other game would have to follow suit, because it would up the realism and individuality so much.

Both games have this issue because they refuse to implement error based touches. I think both games have them for first touches, but while dribbling and sprinting every touch is always the same. If they made it so that there were always some degree of error, be it hardly visible or not, you'd have much more organic movement since the player have to adjust speed and body position depending on the quality of the touch. If Puyol actually had some bad touches, making him almost losing control of the ball, it would be OK in my eyes. If just one game implemented this, the other game would have to follow suit, because it would up the realism and individuality so much.

Indeed.

"To be honest, everyone I've seen play the game has me thumping the wall.

Seriously, all you see players trying to do is pass forward. I understand it will take time to get used to PES 2012, but you will not be rewarded for PES 2011 style of play. You must think like real football.

I recall in all videos opportunities to pass back to a midfielder, or to the side to a winger, or even back to a defender, but no - all they ever do is pass forward. It's not surprising to me why, especially when against the CPU, they lose the ball so quickly and never control the game.

Also, they really need to stop playing fully assisted. The plateau is two bars. The ball looks laser guided at times. Switch to semi actually makes the ball more free, and you'll see it bobble more and behave independently. I really feel Konami have messed up assisted passing, it's unusable for the serious gamer."

If the game really plays like Adam says here (not only against CPU but also Human vs human online and offline), then my dream will come true.

What game game have you been playing since 08? Certainly not FIFA. They don't have that.

PES has been shitty up until last year. Last year it was a good game. I am also a little skeptical after some of this videos. A little too fast and individuality seems a little lost. None the less, we've gotten good previews from some of the people in this forums whom I trust. So I am willing to wait and test myself next week.

Back
Top Bottom