PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Same every year. Youtube does makes the game appear faster, so don't be too concerned.

It's not as if PES doesn't have a speed setting either.

Same can be said now about passes that seem too easy and "direct", there's a passing assistance setting.

Each day it's more and more about how you choose to play it.

Footage does look a bit frantic but then I thought the same with videos of PES2011. I assume the speed settings are set to zero, which is way faster than I play anyways, and on -1 and -2 the pace is much better IMO, but that's all down to personal taste. I wouldn't worry too much if the game looks a bit fast paced for some. It should still be adjustable.

Believe me mate, I thought PES 2011's 0 speed setting was quick for me tha I had to reduce it -1 and -2 sometimes. When I played 2012 on 0 it felt like a -1 or -2 on 2011. It really felt slow, specially the ball traveling. Was playing with Sporting Lisbon vs Australia, had to change it to +2 for it to be decent. Then when playing with Barca, it was ultra quick on +2 so changed it back to +1 then 0. I could never think of -1 or -2. But from watching on of these videos, they changed the speed from +1 to 0 I think and it was still quick! So I'm not sure whether Konami have sped it up a bit in this code or its just the camera fps playing up.

They're releasing a demo next week though, and from what I gathered this first demo will be the older code, hopefully the one I played, then the 2nd one obviously almost final code. I say hopefully because I'd want everyone to try out what I played to fully understand what I'm on about.

Believe me mate, I thought PES 2011's 0 speed setting was quick for me tha I had to reduce it -1 and -2 sometimes. When I played 2012 on 0 it felt like a -1 or -2 on 2011. It really felt slow, specially the ball traveling. Was playing with Sporting Lisbon vs Australia, had to change it to +2 for it to be decent. Then when playing with Barca, it was ultra quick on +2 so changed it back to +1 then 0. I could never think of -1 or -2. But from watching on of these videos, they changed the speed from +1 to 0 I think and it was still quick! So I'm not sure whether Konami have sped it up a bit in this code or its just the camera fps playing up.

They're releasing a demo next week though, and from what I gathered this first demo will be the older code, hopefully the one I played, then the 2nd one obviously almost final code. I say hopefully because I'd want everyone to try out what I played to fully understand what I'm on about.

do you know if anyone with links to konami noticed the magnetic dribbling? i just wonder if anyone has sent feedback about that because even though it's not a gamebreaker it would appear to ruin the fun of running at someone with the ball when it looks that ridiculous, you can see it in this video at 5 minutes in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4p1i-BW5gE#t=5m02s, contrast that to the dribbling in fifa: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcYLk7FwKbc#t=2m03s

Last edited:
Most people probably won't care about this but it's frickin' awesome news. I might actually now get some decent regular use out of my 3d tv :)

Agreed mate, this is fantastic news! Now I might have to start saving for a 3d tv :) Excellent vision from KONAMI :WORSHIP:

I'm also surpised and a little disappointed that not one single video from GC tried the new pitchside cam :( surely amongst all the videos someone would have a least given it a go since it is a new feature that many reviews have said really enhances the game. ahhh well

do you know if anyone with links to konami noticed the magnetic dribbling? i just wonder if anyone has sent feedback about that because even though it's not a gamebreaker it would appear to ruin the fun of running at someone with the ball when it looks that ridiculous, you can see it in this video at 5 minutes in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4p1i-BW5gE#t=5m02s, contrast that to the dribbling in fifa: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcYLk7FwKbc#t=2m03s

wow that looks horrible lol

They look almost the same to me. PES might look like that because it has close dribbling all the time without pressing R2 (or L2 can't remember now). Try doing that on Fifa and you'll notice its similar. More touches on the ball when running with PES than in Fifa. I don't think everyone should be like that in PES though, I'd prefer only players with higher ball control, dribbling, and technique stats have closer control than others with lower stats. It used to be like this in older PES versions though.

They look almost the same to me. PES might look like that because it has close dribbling all the time without pressing R2 (or L2 can't remember now). Try doing that on Fifa and you'll notice its similar. More touches on the ball when running with PES than in Fifa. I don't think everyone should be like that in PES though, I'd prefer only players with higher ball control, dribbling, and technique stats have closer control than others with lower stats. It used to be like this in older PES versions though.

i dont remember it ever being like that, players with close control dribbling like messi should simply take a greater number of smaller touches, not have the ball magically stuck to their foot. fifa has it spot on there in that the player knocks the ball ahead and runs after it, the ball and player feel like separate entities where as in pes, at least with some players it looks like the ball and player are glued together somehow. it's not a gamebreaker as i said but could definitely be improved

Good grief I cant stand watching other people play PES LMAO. Everyone plays touch and go even with defenders:SHOCK:. If they lose the ball they are horribly exposed even the gamersyde guy using spain lets the entire spanish midfield touch and go and when Xavi is isolated he is screwed after he loses the ball :CONF:....good thing too though should teach the spammers

AXDwTWKCEAA-X_m.jpg

:CONFUSE:

No criticism from me. These vids nailed my purchase. Movement and passing. GAMEPLAY.

Looks great.

Good grief I cant stand watching other people play PES LMAO. Everyone plays touch and go even with defenders:SHOCK:. If they lose the ball they are horribly exposed even the gamersyde guy using spain lets the entire spanish midfield touch and go and when Xavi is isolated he is screwed after he loses the ball :CONF:....good thing too though should teach the spammers

The guy got hammered by the AI 'cause he kept doing the same mistakes :P

NICE :DD

So any news on what teams will be in the demo coming out next week? Is it preview code which is code prior to Gamescom or the same one being shown in these videos?

Dribbling, and combo passing (Nani 1st V City ) are hopefully going to be a dream.

Ok I was thinking about this magnet ball and Lami has a point that you CAN control the ball REALLY close but it depends on your ball control.

Someone like Messi can control the ball really close while at top speed while someone with very bad ball control can only do that if he moves like a snail, that should be in PES and dependant on ball control.

But I have another idea, the ball control could also be used to determine how well you can have control on the ball while under pressure and changing directions and stuff.
For example in real life someone with very bad ball control under pressure and trying to do some moves and changes with the ball might often "lose control" of the ball so it escapes a few centimeters away from his leg or a bit more even so he has to stretch he leg to get it under control agaon and stuff like that, I miss that in football games.

The guy got hammered by the AI 'cause he kept doing the same mistakes :P
LOL but surely his brain is telling him "Hey mannnn, you keep losing the ball and getting caught out mannnnn, you gotta try and pass and hold to let your players move into space mannnnn" (in that cheech and chong voice as clearly his level of concentration is low)

i dont remember it ever being like that, players with close control dribbling like messi should simply take a greater number of smaller touches, not have the ball magically stuck to their foot. fifa has it spot on there in that the player knocks the ball ahead and runs after it, the ball and player feel like separate entities where as in pes, at least with some players it looks like the ball and player are glued together somehow. it's not a gamebreaker as i said but could definitely be improved

Of course they should be improved. I'm not saying they're perfect at all, in fact I think all games aren't perfect and there always will be room for improvement. What I'm trying to say though that its a combination of much more closer control coupled with more ball touches and speed. They need to lower it a bit and probably have it only for players with high stats I mentioned above.

I do find it amusing how some people in the FIFA thread are drooling over FIFA 12, really? it's the same shit different year, and they are gonna pay out another £40 for it? madness.

Everything's looking moist enough for me anyway. Will judge it more from the demos but I'm sure I'll get another 6 months or so of play out of PES this year.

Looks promising...but the shooting animations could do with more variation. Its weird in PES/WE games that there is only one, at most two animations for the regular shot. Anyone notice that? Of course there are other animations for shooting at difficult angles/off-balance, but when in full stride, its ALWAYS the one with the small "hurdle-jump". The animation is okay itself, mind you, ( albeit the follow-through tangling of the legs feels slightly off) but i find it hard to stomach to see it ALL the time. What happened to the shots where your standing leg is still firmly planted to the ground even after the follow-through? The one in PES 2010 was ace.

Hope I'm not sounding like a hater. Its not a game changer, but it's something that still makes me think what could have been.

Back
Top Bottom