PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

AXDwTWKCEAA-X_m.jpg

:CONFUSE:

VIDA !!!
Despite not being an important of the game, the faces of some players (Maicon,Coentrao,Vidic,Terry) are truly amazing

What is going on with the celebrations? I've seen a couple of videos where a player scores and reacts straight away, one where it just cut to a cut-scene instantly instead of running towards the crowd and another where a player took a PES 2011 time to react.

That last video is the best i've seen so far. Why does it seem slower and a better speed than the others? Klose's goal was great. The defence was shocking but he beat one with a deft touch and pushed it passed him and the way it instantly cuts from the long angle shot of him fist pumping to the cut-scene looks great. I've really been hoping Konami work on celebrations so they are actually worth watching and you get a feeling of celebration so hopefully this does just that.

Is it a 15 minute match?

Last edited:
Maybe it just me but it seems that every player has great technique and close control even the one that shouldn't.
There's still difference between them in terms of pure technique. But it's just like real life, when you see teams from 1st league, in almost any country, and compare them to amateurs, you notice how good these top teams are technically.

Let's not forget they're all professionnal players and all have a minimum of technique, essential to play in a 1st division.

That last video is the best i've seen so far. Why does it seem slower and a better speed than the others? Klose's goal was great. The defence was shocking but he beat one with a deft touch and pushed it passed him and the way it instantly cuts from the long angle shot of him fist pumping to the cut-scene looks great. I've really been hoping Konami work on celebrations so they are actually worth watching and you get a feeling of celebration so hopefully this does just that.

Is it a 15 minute match?

You did realize Klose's goal was scored by the CPU? Stunning.

arghhh In the Italy vs Germany video, at around 02.40, Bastian takes a shot which gets deflected by an Italian player.The keeper instead of preventing a corner kick by picking up the ball just lets it roll past the line.
One of my biggest pet hate in the game.
It's such a simple thing to correct too

Not read all previous pages but Lami wrote in his Q&A:
- How is the pace of the game? Slow, fast, too fast, normal?
Thought it was slow and had to up it up to +2 when playing with slower teams. +1 or 0 with quicker teams. Definitely not arcady though, definitely.
Looking at the Gamescom video Lami probably got another version. The Gamescom vid's look very fast to me...

Looking at the Gamescom video Lami probably got another version. The Gamescom vid's look very fast to me...

I think it was accelerated for visual reasons. Gameplay was a bit slower in the earlier trailers.

Another question: In the Gamescon trailer you can clearly see Rolfes from Bayer Leverkusen in random boots, while another player is definitely wearing the new preds(as Rolfes is doing in RL, too). Now my question: Is it possible that the Bundesliga was licensed, explaining why we see Bayer 04, or are they implemented because of their CL appearance next season? Although I still don't understand, why Rolfes does not wear the right boots, if they are in the game.

Apart from all other things, 2012 looks like fun to me, while still being realistic. The guys from the editing area may know that I still stick to PES 6, but 2012 looks like a playable alternative for me(instead of all the versions in the last years, which simply did not feel "right" to me). I am very looking forward for the demo.

Edit: Oh, just noticed I am in the consoleros' section. Take my post as being written from a PC user, who does not see a similar thread in the PC section. :D

Last edited:
I think it was accelerated for visual reasons. Gameplay was a bit slower in the earlier trailers.

Another question: In the Gamescon trailer you can clearly see Rolfes from Bayer Leverkusen in random boots, while another player is definitely wearing the new preds(as Rolfes is doing in RL, too). Now my question: Is it possible that the Bundesliga was licensed, explaining why we see Bayer 04, or are they implemented because of their CL appearance next season? Although I still don't understand, why Rolfes does not wear the right boots, if they are in the game.
Unfortunately not, Bundesliga is exclusive to EA Sports till 2015...
You're right they are in the game because they'll play CL this season. It seems clear now Konami can include only 2 Bundesliga teams per year.

If Rolfes doesn't wear the right boots, it's because it's an older build of the game. Check out all the screenshots released and you'll notice that in some ones, some players wear all-black boots although they used to wear adidas/nike boots in the very first screenshots.

They are very fast. Too much ping pong. It's ruining my good memories of the game.

Just watched the second video, WOW, how can the game look so good even though they play like retards? Man this game looks good. First Messi goal is so sexy, great finish with the ball far back close to the supporting leg, kind of struggling with keeping the ball under control, but does just what Messi would do, love it. Instant reaction to goal too, no 2 seconds celebration delay... I'm so impressed right now, HYPE TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: first goal third video, 2 second delay haha... oh well.

Last edited:
The actual game will NOT, repeat, NOT be as fast as it looks in these videos. This happens EVERY time, and there's always a few people who completely forget, or are new to all of this.

The problems are in the players, not in the game...

Even if they're playing very direct quick football though the ball travels a bit too fast. That wasn't the case at all when I played. I was actually complaining that the ball travels way too slow. That is why I went +2, which was a big no-no in 2011.

Of course the problem its in the game. Its the game that allows you to play that way.

read above you
romagnoli played the game about 8 hrs last week
it's the youtube effect, which makes the game pace and passing feel faster

Lads dont forget, if a retard playes PES u will see a retarded game of football which gives you the impression this game sucks. give me or any of us lot a game of this and we will show u the true colours of what this game is all about

Lads dont forget, if a retard playes PES u will see a retarded game of football which gives you the impression this game sucks. give me or any of us lot a game of this and we will show u the true colours of what this game is all about

exactly!

It's like you blame FOOTBALL when you watch Arsenal play. It's not FOOTBALL fault that they play that bad, the problem is in the players, the coach, the board.

Now when we see Barça playing football we see all the difference it makes!

exactly!

It's like you blame FOOTBALL when you watch Arsenal play. It's not FOOTBALL fault that they play that bad, the problem is in the players, the coach, the board.

I'm going to kick your arse!

exactly!

There's a difference between playing bad and playing in an unrealistic way.

Back
Top Bottom