PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

i didnt mean to imply that but it seems like a rather glaring issue, im more annoyed at the playtesters who as far as im aware completely failed to notice it.

im completely neutral but i havent played pes since 2008 so obviously im judging it through a different set of standards than someone who is coming from pes2011, i will definitely be trying the demo though which i havent even bothered to do since pes 2008

You can be angry at the playtesters all you like, but frankly you're overreacting. I do think that the dribbling can be a little overslick, and mentioned so, but the dribbling is the best I've ever seen in a football game by a fair mile. The difference between the players in dribbling is very noticeable.

Frankly, I don't think Puyol's dribbling at 2 minutes is that absurd. That's nothing to what Messi can do on the game. In fact, there is very little video out there really showing the dribbling off yet at all. Wait until you feel it: it's very difficult to understand watching it.

Not saying there aren't issues or that you'll definitely love it, but I'd give it the benefit of the doubt. A lot of the issues you guys are seeing with these videos are things that I would probably be doing my nut about in your situation, but, having played it, a lot of them are overblown.

Fortunately, only a week or so to wait.

Running with the ball look very annoying, like Pique here :
1-2.gif

Last edited:
Do we know if there will be a PC demo at the same time or does one (or both) console(s) get it earlier?

Well, after all the videos today I am absolutely delighted.

What we have had is CPU AI that has never been seen before, human like in its control and pressure and also deadly when given the chance against the not so gifted, even making errors and misplacing passes, I actually saw the France video where on the second goal I thought "this guy is bloody good" after Malouda backheeled to Gourcuff to score the second, then realised it was AI! The ultimate compliment. Best of all it doesnt look cheap or scripted.

A massive step forward.

06:13... one-two pass sends Rio sprinting up the pitch... another one-two pass sends Vidic sprinting up the pitch as well... And then after Berbatov gets sent off, he opts for Park as a lone striker. Dealing with a football genius at the controls here folks :CRY:

AI looks fairly dangerous though! Shame about van Bommel's bicycle kick. And Robinho sprinting back 75 yards to chase Rooney. But it can ping the ball about, and the full width of the pitch seems to be used a little more than 2011.

Anyone know if there's a HUD option to disable the gay-bow (power bar)?

Right from kick off, the guy is holding the player-runs button. It looks so fake how the players are all sprinting forward after his every pass!

To those that have played the game, is the running with the ball animation as bad as that?

most stupid issue is the CB guys running so dumbly after every single pass! can't believe how the team don't know this simple football fact that center backs freakin' hold on to their position most of the time!

after all these years waiting for the re-rising of PES, I'm not satisfied with what I see. of course, there are improvements, many of them, but there are issues that destroy the whole feeling. hope they will be fixed, which I secretly know won't happen...

Unless they've broken something since I played it, this is not anything to do with the AI, and just to do with the people constantly holding L1+pass or pass->r2.

You can be angry at the playtesters all you like, but frankly you're overreacting. I do think that the dribbling can be a little overslick, and mentioned so, but the dribbling is the best I've ever seen in a football game by a fair mile. The difference between the players in dribbling is very noticeable.

Frankly, I don't think Puyol's dribbling at 2 minutes is that absurd. That's nothing to what Messi can do on the game. In fact, there is very little video out there really showing the dribbling off yet at all. Wait until you feel it: it's very difficult to understand watching it.

Not saying there aren't issues or that you'll definitely love it, but I'd give it the benefit of the doubt. A lot of the issues you guys are seeing with these videos are things that I would probably be doing my nut about in your situation, but, having played it, a lot of them are overblown.

Fortunately, only a week or so to wait.

my main gripe is with the animation and physics when dribbling not individuality, of course you can't make a firm judgment on individuality based on a video because you need the controller in your hand.

but in terms of how the players LOOK when dribbling it really is "that absurd", pretty much everyone has noticed it which in my mind is pretty strong evidence its something you guys should have also noticed and got the dev team to look at, now its simply too late nothing can be changed at this point.

it just looks horrible, and because its one of the animations you see the most that is pretty detrimental to the visual realism of the game. you cant really say that the issues are overblown or you need to wait until you play it, people have said that same argument every year since pes 2008 i never thought id see critics like yourself coming out with it too. unless the youtube compression is distorting the animations as well that is exactly how it will be in the final game.

p.s. im only speaking about dribbling animations, a lot of the other animations are improved but this problem should NOT have slipped through

Honestly that gif looks absolutely atrocious, however I do notice quite a bit of frame skipping. If you look at his hands there seems to be missing frames.

I just noticed this on a PES2012 video - awful, awful defensive line. FIFA gets slaughtered for such things...

defensivelinepes.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm keen to know how much room for editing managers faces we have? I'd love in ML (FL) to see Moyes & Dalgleish barking orders from the sideline during the Merseyside derby :) maybe we get to pick if they wear a suit or tracksuit - little details that keep ML (FL) interesting in the long term.

Honestly that gif looks absolutely atrocious, however I do notice quite a bit of frame skipping. If you look at his hands there seems to be missing frames.

You can see the same run bug in all videos.I made gif from this video http://gamersyde.com/stream_pro_evolution_soccer_2012_gc_showfloor_gameplay-22830_en.html
This part where i cut is from 03:16 to 03:23, but there is much more run's bug like this one :)
Friday i will take e preview code of full game and i hope that will be not there. Acutaly i saw a lot bugs and mistake in this CG videos,not only this run.

Last edited:
i think people expect too much in a year, i'm happy that the animations look more fluid and majority of the problems which annoyed me about pes have been fixed/altered so i'm very pleased with this and can't wait. watching the gamescon video over few times and i just get more hyped

Back
Top Bottom