PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I couldn't help but checking out the Fifa 12 Gamescom video from videogamer out as well, and I wasn't impressed at all. Gameplay looks identical to last year, same unrealistically "floaty" mechanics as always. And the player models don't look nearly as good as PES, they have absolutely no expressions on their faces whatsoever...

What I DID like though is the player impact and true injuries. PES could really benefit from this kind of inclusion to the mechanics, especially the latter.

has anyone else noticed that in the link where they say that PS3 will have 3D support that the game will release on September 14th??

NOW I am excited!!! The game looks really good. I have been playing alot of 2011 recently and everything about 2012 looks much better, the game will be great :WORSHIP:.

I know the ratings can all be edited and we got a whole community that makes realistic ratings but I mean... are they freaking serious?? those raatings are HORRRIBLE, what the hell does KONAMI not know anything about whats going on in world soccer? Why is Inter rated so high what did they do? Why is Milan better than Barca? srsly?

That Gamersyde video in 60FPS looks wonderful. So fluid and organic. You can see the new AI routines and the graphics are really good. What I'm happy to see is that its the PS3 version and there doesn't seem to be those horrible jagged edges that were present in PES 2011 due to the AA issue.

This coupled with all the hugely positive impressions makes me want to play the game right now. Cant wait for the demo!

FIFA must have one hell of a gameplay with those cartoonish player models for me to even consider it and we all know that they won't.

rodelero etc. how can you not be bugged by things like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZBgT08n9ds#t=15m56s

there seems to be a lot of long range frictionless first time passes hitting their man often with horribly inappropriate animations, ive seen 180 accurate spin passes (the same kind of thing that you find in assisted fifa), it still feels a bit ping pongyish to me, and the speed seems to be a problem regardless of play style. the thing is about manual is it pretty much forces you to play football properly because you cant just ping it up the pitch, i get the sense that is going to be prevalent in this game.

there are also still too many jarring animations and a major problem for me is some of the physical interactions between ball and player, the ricochets etc. often look unnatural travelling too far in the context they take place, as well as the fact sometimes when players dribble it looks like the ball is being pulled back towards them as if they have magnets in their boots.

im not sure, there are some promising aspects to it, but it's not giving me that immersive "i could be watching real football" type of feeling. i know in your review you said if you didn't like pes 2011 there probably wouldn't be enough in this to win you over, and i think that might be the case here. i just think its going to be impossible for me to ever switch back to a fully assisted game again.

Am I understanding this correctly, Master League has been replaced with Become a Manager? Which is something similar with a new name?

One thing I noticed is how more balanced players are, more often then not they'll keep their footing despite being knocked and retain the ball.

The ball physics look fantastic as well, which have gone a long way in improving the aesthetic aspect. Looks a lot more organic compared to the magnetic ground hugging passes of before.

Also I notice plenty of misplaced passes, which is such a fucking relieve after reading all this super-assisted passing settings they've added.

The game pace does a look a bit too frantic though, while I'm chuffed they'd notched up off the ball runs, in real life you don't always have 3 or 4 runners at every opportunity, at the rate they're playing at both teams would be knackered after 20 minutes.

Last edited:
Not sure how the grouping in FL works but I'm guessing it'll be like FIFA 11's, as in you pick at the start if you want to be a manager/player/owner and go from there.

look at defoe dribbling in the second video about 5 minutes in, it looks like he has one of those training balls on a string that always rebounds back to your foot, i really hope they fix that...

it looked better than the other videos though, saw some nice passing animations and you could see the spurs guy who knew how to play was dominating the other guy who was trying to do cheesy ping pong style passing, which is the way it should be.

The MyPes thing doesn't really interest me, not being on Facebook myself, but it's good to see Konami getting involved in this side of gaming. Very forward thinking.

Not sure how the grouping in FL works but I'm guessing it'll be like FIFA 11's, as in you pick at the start if you want to be a manager/player/owner and go from there.

Yep need to know some more info - how with all these new GC announcements do we still not know if in ML we can switch between clubs as a manager... no news is bad news I reckon :(

im not a big fan of the club-switching as a manager tbh, seems alot more fun to try and keep your individual club afloat.. though i guess once you hit the top it becomes a little repetive

i want to know more!! :(

im not a big fan of the club-switching as a manager tbh, seems alot more fun to try and keep your individual club afloat.. though i guess once you hit the top it becomes a little repetive

i want to know more!! :(

I'm not sure it'll even be the case for Football Life

Footage does look a bit frantic but then I thought the same with videos of PES2011. I assume the speed settings are set to zero, which is way faster than I play anyways, and on -1 and -2 the pace is much better IMO, but that's all down to personal taste. I wouldn't worry too much if the game looks a bit fast paced for some. It should still be adjustable.

Back
Top Bottom