PES 2008 (Xbox 360) - Official Topic

hi buddys

i always play pes on ps2 , and now i will probably buy a 360 or a ps3 .. in the case of the 360 , is the controller good to play pes or the ps3 better?

cheers ;)

I feel more at ease with the PS2 controller, but that's only because I haven't played PES6 enough on the 360 (game was god awful). The only thing that bothers me is going from :r1: to :r2:. When I want to push the ball forward, I usually slide my finger from one to the other, which I can't do with the 360 controller.

I see Ogami

- What about the graphics, there are small differences between ps3 and xbox360 version?

- From what seabass told the futures pes games will be developed using the "power" of ps3 , the xbox360 will be always the 2nd option?

- There will be a 360+pes2008 pack?

sorry for the bad english :P

I heard there are only 15 stadiums in the game, is there a release of stadiums info anywhere? Would really like to know wich stadiums are in the game. Shame that you cant edit team emblems and boots.

Last edited:
is there a "statistic match"(its called Statistik Match in german, don´t know the english name) option on 360? I remeber it from pes6 on ps2. its cool to save your win-loss statistics against your friends

but can't you still download an option file, which has been created on pc with an external editor and put it on your 360 hdd?

or would it be possible to play online with the original OF and offline with one from another xbox profile?

sorry, i don't know anything about xbox, i need to know, because that could totally influence my decision on which system i will play pes2008

I heard there are only 15 stadiums in the game, is there a release of stadiums info anywhere? Would really like to know wich stadiums are in the game. Shame that you cant edit team emblems and boots.

There are only 15 stadiums....check out wenb for loads of details and pics

The more I hear about this game the more depressed I'm getting. This is the least excited I've been prior to a new version of ISS/PES being released.

Hardly any progress made on licenses, graphics not up to much, demo not that great, keepers are shockingly bad (hopefully this will be fixed though), less options for editing and now we're not able to transfer option files! That's not too mention how bad Konami's presentation skills are - I've never seen such awful menus!!!

PES4 was by far the weakest released but since PES5 hardly any progression, new features, moves and skills have been introduced. Only diving has made it into this years version, which lets face it, isn't that great an addition. The best versions for me have been ISS Pro, Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution, PES3 and Winning Eleven International.

The gameplay is starting to feel all too famililar. Why not add more skills options like FIFA? Also, how and why this game isn't fully licenced by now is beyond me and Konami need to get their act together.

I actually purchased FIFA this year and while its made some good progress will still be behind PES this year. However, I have become so discontent with PES that I'm praying FIFA is finally better next year so we won't have to worry about editing real kits, players, stadiums and option files.

Last edited:
There are only 15 stadiums....check out wenb for loads of details and pics

I have been trying to find that info on wenb, but no luck so far:) With the option file problems for the 360 it seems now that we have to make the kits our self by downloading the kit pictures from wenb. Thats okay I guess but what do I need to buy to make this happen? The xbox live camera or just an usb connection(Transfer kit:https://www.gamezone.no/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4158_4161_4162&products_id=25725) between your 360 and pc? I am guessing this goes for the face images in create a face through pictures feature as well..

Last edited:
There are 15 stadiums, its conformed. The
screens of all stadiums are here http://playscope.com/layout.php?&&medias=Screenshots&cnt=15777&page=41

By the looks of things there are no English stadiums in the game..SHAME on Konami! How can you have a football game and have almost nothing from the Premier League?? Witch is with out a doubt the best league in the world at the moment. No Emirates, Anfield, Old Trafford & Stamford Bridge?, but they put Newcastle and Tottenham in the game?! WOW! Animation are bad in my opinion, cant edit boots, emblems, no OF trading for the 360, slowdown on the PS3, some bad graphics, ugly menus, horrible music by the sound of it, BIG lack of license, to few stadiums, no big changes to the already boring ML, lack of dribling/feints?
Kits look to paperish..Dont need to say anything about the speed and running animation do I?! For me this is not acceptable! I will not pay that much money for a game wich is that poorly made and from a company that
apparently does not listen to what fans want, or maybe its because they dont have the ability to make "such" a game? This may seem like a strong reaction from me, but after waiting for a new great pes game from konami for years now, I have simply had enough with them. I am so glad Fifa is playable this year, its just so incredible that a BIG football game like PES wich have been the leading football game for so many, many years now can take so many steps back when moving to the next-gen system. And they seem to be the only ones who does not seem to be able to make the step over to next-gen when it comes to the regular big sports games out there. I will wait a long time then buy a used pes 2008 after swapping in some old games just to have a kick around with face/kit import pictures etc and then wait yet another year for a great football game of PES. :puke: Shamefully Konami!

Kellex - I couldn't agree more with your post.

I sent Konami a letter last year after PES6 on the Xbox 360 and made a number of good and viable suggestions. I don't think one of them has been included in this years game. They obviously don't listen one bit to fans. It's a shame they don't speak English and visit these forums so they're aware of how much they're leaving people down with this game (which they promised last year would be a "proper" next gen full version). What a load of crap!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
YES ITS TRUE!!! GREEK SHOPS SELL PES 2008 TODAY!!! I GOT IT FROM MEDIAMARKT!!!:lol:\\:o/

PS3 AND 360 PES2008!!! SLOW AND REALISTIC PACE!!! NO SLOWDOWN AT ALL! YOU ARE GONNA LOVE IT!!! IN THE OPTION FILE HAS A FOLDER WITH THESE FILES: PARAM.PFD, PARAM.SFO AND DATA.BIN!

Back
Top Bottom