PES 2008 (Xbox 360) - Official Topic

Right let me set some of you straight about this game...

First of all,

dickhead
Re: PES 2008 (Xbox 360) - Official Topic
Yes you have to change it in single player, sorry didnt look hard enough......the game slows down even more now though with the "wide" view.

I think the game has a serious and i mean serious problem with lag. The replays looks awfull, last years game looked much much better.

THERE IS NO SLOWDOWN DURING GAMEPLAY AT ALL!! With or without "wide" cam(you can no longer change the angle tho like previous PES games). Slowdown ONLY occurs during replays and cut-scenes, its a bit annoying but it dont exactly ruin the game. I dont know what your on about but that simply aint true.

Secondly

cleverandrew123
Re: PES 2008 (Xbox 360) - Official Topic
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_sparxx View Post
yea i am, near croydon. I got mine from MCV
They're not selling the game! This guy is probably just a liar.

Which part of that sentence do i say i bought the game from there? Did you even click on the link? Obviously not because if you did you would have read this "You’ll even be sent a pre-release edition of PES 2008 to help hone your skills before the big night." I even posted the new Master League introduction video and a video of the new heel flick pass IN THIS SAME THREAD. So get your facts right and read before you start accusing me of being a liar and not having the game.

Now if anyone with common sense has any questionss they want to ask me about the game from a RELIABLE source, i'll be happy to answer them :D

Last edited:
It’s by no means perfect, though: compared to the PS3 version it runs more smoothly with far fewer drops in frame rate, but on the flip side there appears to be a weird distance filter which overlays the pitch, so the grass near the camera looks sharp, halfway up it’s a bit more blurred and in the distance it’s fuzzy. Normally that wouldn’t be a problem but the depth changes are fairly visible – two curved lines arc across the screen - especially on an HD TV, and while it won’t ruin your enjoyment of the game it does look a little odd. That said, Pro Evo 2008 is still simply the best football game we’ve played. It’s realistic, intelligent and hugely enjoyable, and -- minor visual quibbles aside -- it’s a worthy next-gen successor to the PES crown.

Off IGN

There appears to be a serious xbox live lag issue :S

It just feels like a HD update with gameplay tweaks - no bad thing and thorougly enjoyable, needs a full nre game for next in the series tho imo.

I have noticed no framerate issues at all in game whilst playing, the replays remind me of fifa (choppy and crap framerate).

Game is fast and arcadey.

Ive been playing it tonight and yes there is a huge lag issue with xbox live - what did we expect? The game is never ever good on live when it comes out, and its not officially out for another 5 days. A patch, I am sure, will soryt it out.

Im happy to report that this version of the game shits on the last xbox 360 version from a great height - although I never really liked that version. This is slick, responsive, fast, and I just scored a volley from an onrushing deco straight into the top corner that was probably one of the best goals I have ever scored.

The game is "out" on the usual channels, and yes thats how I have it until my bought copy arrives in a few days time. There are quite alot of people online with it now though so its creeping out there.

Ronaldinho is amazing on it.

Can you tell us something about the online macth? there are only macth like pes6 or is possible other competition like worldcup, cup, leagues????

is more easy defend like pes5 or difficult like pes6? adriano is god??

edit is complete?

Only one on one matches online, no leagues or cups. Defending i think is harder, no more running up to players and using X to get the ball so easily but its balanced well. Adriano is just a mere mortal now :) definitely not as overpowered as before.

360 version plays offline like a dream, not a single framerate drop, constantly 60 fps, also in bussy areas

BUT

- replays are a dissaster, i think 5 frames per second or something (so now you can save replay, but couse of the f*ck fps you dont want to..)

- online enourmous lag

I havent tried playing 2v2 online but it doesnt look like you can do it once again. I dont know why this is - how on earth they can get away with it I dont know. I suppose its because everyone is going to buy the game regardless anyway.

Online looks almost exactly the same as last years meagre efforts. The game is fucking ace though.

I dont know about edit mode because Ive never once used it in my life I cant be arsed - so ask someone who bums the game harder. All i know is the attacking play can be absolutely sublime, the keepers feel harder to beat, and that ronaldinho is this year as good as adriano ever was. Expect to see everyone playing as barca or brazil.

I dont know is this is "different" to the demo build, but the game is better than i thought it was going to be. I dont care about the slowdown in the replays because I dont really watch them or save them that much.

Some words on the editing part? Can we create arsenal, united, liverpool & chelsea kit with ease? I heard that you cant have white sleves and you cant choose so players have untucked shirts etc, any news on these stuff?

I see a lot of people are verry angry that konami cant seem to add the simplest of things wich has been in pes for a long time now, and as most people have moved on to next-gen consoles wich once again the ps2 that gets the full package..I am kind of glad I wont be getting the game..:roll:

can u change the camera I hate the camera thats used on the demo its way to far please tell me u can thanks

Please tell me if you can import pictures for face/shirt editing from USB stick!!! Some guy over at a german forum told me it won't be possible on X-Box 360. I was really looking forward to this feature and I'm def. not buying this stuid camera.

Please tell me if you can import pictures for face/shirt editing from USB stick!!! Some guy over at a german forum told me it won't be possible on X-Box 360. I was really looking forward to this feature and I'm def. not buying this stuid camera.

No you cant, i tried everything to get my pictures onto the game from my usb stick but it wont let you, from the camera only. I know alot of you have question you want answered but you should really do a search through the thread as these questions have been answered so many times(some by me too!).

I borrowed the camera off my mate so i'll put some screens up in a bit once i've had tried the scaning feature.

Personally i think its another disappointment.

I know graphics don't make a game good but the graphics a fucking bobbins, the animation on Ronaldo when he runs is almost comical, also the slowdown when it happens is horrendous, i thought this was supposed to be the true 'next gen' version of Pro Evo? it looks no better than it did on the PS2.

The lack of license has always been a problem but the complete lack of any English stadiums is shite, 6 of the 15 stadiums are completely made up

The gameplay is decent enough but feels a bit more arcadey than usual, still plays well but just doesn't feel 'real' like Pro Evo should, it might be to do with the pace of the game which seems a bit faster than usual.

Its a great game don't get me wrong but its fallen short of what i was expecting.

i've gotta say that i think this version just rocks, i'm normally one of the naggers when a new version comes out but i think gameplay is approaching near perfection.

it's a massive step up from PES6 in terms of reality, the really good players stand out alot more.....i just tried to win the World Cup with Australia and it was very hard on top player. the one problem i have in terms of gameplay so far is the through passes on ground ......a couple of times they seem to be directed toward a player it shouldn't goto.

it's alot harder to just dribble through players and i think the AI stuff might actually be doing something ....quite often in the 2nd half the cpu will close me down quite well and restrict my chances toward the end of the game.

yes the graphics/animations are pretty shit, yes the replays jerk like crazy and annoy the hell out of you until you put it in camera mode but there's virtually no slowdown during the game which is what matters in my book....unless an injured player comes back onto the pitch.

free kicks are easier and corners seem easier to score with also.

shooting is improved immensely from PES6, way less balls are skied and i've had a couple of 35-40 yard screamers scored against me by the cpu team which is kinda nice to see, put one in myself too with Eto'o from about 35.

Last edited:
It's pretty easy to improve from PES6 that was pretty bad.
I doubt they've improved leaps and bounds though, if only they kept all the ps2 features and added more game modes but they've gone and done the opposite.

They need to rebuild the engine from scratch for the next gen for it to play more next gen but obviously they must keep PES feel to it and start adding features rather than cutting.

Last edited:
I dont know how you can say the dribbling is hard. It may seem akward at first. However, once you realise that you dont even need to go around players anymore but just go straight through all the way down the pitch....it totally ruins any minor improvements.

I have both versions. 360 version way better than ps3!
In xbox360:
No slowdowns
No framerate drops
No pixelated fans in cutscenes and close ups from replays
Better faces, more natural (you can see detail in their skin, but in ps3 you cant!)
Better and more polished figures when you play with a vga cable!
Solwer pace when you play in vga cable in 360!

Konami has failed in ps3...Disaster. I am selling it on ps3...

Back
Top Bottom