PES 2008 (Xbox 360) - Official Topic

what about the speed though. Is the PS3 version more realistic?

does the VGA cable slowdon the speed as the demo was like a Mclaren F1 powered by Nitrous Glycerin.

I don't think the VGA cable slows it down. I use it, and coming from playing FIFA for 3 weeks, I found it too fast. NOw I am getting used to it :)

I have both versions. 360 version way better than ps3!
In xbox360:
No slowdowns
No framerate drops
No pixelated fans in cutscenes and close ups from replays

Better faces, more natural (you can see detail in their skin, but in ps3 you cant!)
Better and more polished figures when you play with a vga cable!
Solwer pace when you play in vga cable in 360!

Konami has failed in ps3...Disaster. I am selling it on ps3...

Thats strange, the 3 things i have enboldened that you claim don't happen in the 360 version have happened to me.

Ive not played the PS3 version so can't comment on the other things.

there isnt one yet, but there might be (hopefully will be) think itll take a site like pesgaming a few days before they have one out

does anyone know if there will be an OF for PES? - I am getting it tomorrow and how would one do it?

Check out the forums and blogs regarding OFs for 360.....not good news I'm afraid.

Seems with MS crackdown on sharing gamertag data which includes some elements of OF and profiles the sharing of OFs will get one or other of you banned from Live.

Maybe no problem if your not on Live

I have both versions. 360 version way better than ps3!
In xbox360:
No slowdowns
No framerate drops
No pixelated fans in cutscenes and close ups from replays
Better faces, more natural (you can see detail in their skin, but in ps3 you cant!)
Better and more polished figures when you play with a vga cable!
Solwer pace when you play in vga cable in 360!

Konami has failed in ps3...Disaster. I am selling it on ps3...

try telling this to Junka, i'm sure he is knobbing he's PS3

iv'e never known another poster on evo-web to mention "but ps3 is better" as much as Junka

try telling this to Junka, i'm sure he is knobbing he's PS3

iv'e never known another poster on evo-web to mention "but ps3 is better" as much as Junka

It might be an idea to telling this to Junka if the post is accurate but it is far from it.

I have the game for the 360 and contrary to what polakis says it does suffer from slowdown and drops in framerate.

Ive not played the PS3 version but i believe installing it on the HD pretty much eliminates the majority of the issues mentioned, its a pity the 360 version doesn't have the same option.

you can now use your master league team online which is really cool!

the lag at the moment is really bad online but should be fixed for the morning.

there is lag in replays on the 360 version, other than that no slowdown at all offline, thats including corners.

the online difficulty is set to beginner and is greyed out so you can't change it so does that mean the keepers and com controller players will play rubbish?

I reckon some of these 360 users must have slowdown in game and its down to their TV eg HD or not etc,or pitch camera setup....or their 360 is a piece of turd.

I reckon some of these 360 users must have slowdown in game and its down to their TV eg HD or not etc,or pitch camera setup....or their 360 is a piece of turd.

What are you talking about mate? 360 has slowdown in the area when two players are playing. If you are playing by yourself it is fine, but if you are playing against another player it suffers from slowdwon in the area. Of course, its nowhere near the slowdown that the laughable PS3 version has. Either way, Konami is fucking us over and we are stupid sheep for going out and buying this disgrace of a release.

What are you talking about mate? 360 has slowdown in the area when two players are playing. If you are playing by yourself it is fine, but if you are playing against another player it suffers from slowdwon in the area. Of course, its nowhere near the slowdown that the laughable PS3 version has. Either way, Konami is fucking us over and we are stupid sheep for going out and buying this disgrace of a release.

Well i think hes right, i played yesterday 2v2 on wide view and there was only slowown in the replays (inexcusable anyway) so i really do think that the fps is tv dependant, kind of makes sense tat a higher resolution that isnt optimised has fps issues.

not at all I played my mate for about 5/6 hours yesterday and there was no slowdown other than in replays....must be your tv

Tv has nothing to do people... The TV I have is very good. It must be the settings you were playing. Stadiums, weather effects and other things probably make the frame rate drop. Which is inexcusable.

How is it with the online lag now on the 25th ? (release date, more and faster servers?)

I hope you are taking the piss, if not please explain to me how someones tv would make the game slowdown.

I suppose the developers had shit tv's too, or their 360's where a peice of turd :roll:

IGN: PES makes its debut on PS3 this year. How satisfied with the game are you compared to the Xbox 360 game?

Seabass: This year the 360 and PS3 versions of the game are exactly the same so I'm satisfied with both. I think it's a good start.

IGN: In the PS3 version we've played we noticed some slow-down in the game, plus the crowd and stadiums aren't as polished as some of the on-pitch features. Will you look to rectify this in the next game?

Seabass: Of course. To be honest I don't think the slow-down is that bad compared to the 360 and as I said, we don't create just a PS3 game, we created both together. But when we compared them directly we were shocked because the PS3 has a little bit more slowdown and we don't really know why.

IGN: Which version do you prefer?

Seabass: I like both, but I don't really like the 360 pad that much. But then I don't really like the PS3 pad either - it's too light and the triggers don't feel right. I have been thinking of ways to only use two shoulder buttons instead of four so it would work better on PSP as well as 360 and PS3. I'm still looking into ways of using the L2 and R2 buttons less.

Developers will continue to release half arsed games while people are prepared to lay the blame else where, the game slows down because of lazy programming on Konami's part.

Fifa has more teams, more leagues, more game types, better graphics and better sound yet it all manages to run smoothly, proof that any frame rate and slowdown issues aren't a hardware issue but a software issue.

Last edited:
sounds like the xbox version is a big improvement on last year - not that it was hard lol

How has everyone got the game already has it come out in the UK a day early??

I'm wondering about this too.
I played the 360 version on numerous pitches on my 42" HD samsung.
NO SLOWDOWN IN-GAME AT ALL (replays are jerky as hell though)

I played the PS3 version, installed on the HDD, at my mates last night (my PS3) on his 44" Rear Projector.
The juddering is awful. Its not like its massive slowdown, although it does slowdown sometimes, but its like the players flicker kind of. Its hard to explain without actually showing someone.

I had the stadium effects ON for the 360 version
I had the stadium effects OFF for the PS3 version

Tv has nothing to do people... The TV I have is very good. It must be the settings you were playing. Stadiums, weather effects and other things probably make the frame rate drop. Which is inexcusable.
tried all diff sorts of match mine dosnt drop at al during gameplay and replays arnt always jittery either

Online mode is well dodgy at the moment, it's like the game is on speed, all that's required is the Benny Hill theme to be played in the background.

wtf is up with the throw-ins!

bloody let go of the ball! it's as if the players have glue on their palms and the ball needs to be jigged about 4 times before it shakes itself loose from the grip!

dunno if this has already been asked but if you edit a teams kit can you use it online or does it just refer back to the default

I wud b surprised if u cud use edited kits - main reason being if 2 players r playin each other wiv differently edited kits, may be kit clash.

Onli way this wud work wud b if the game decided on 1 option file 2 b used by both players which wud onli intensify the lag im afraid...

Back
Top Bottom