PES 2008 (PS3) - Official Topic

should get much more info this week, with the games convention starting on 22 August. Heres hoping the demo is release soon after.

Damo666

thanks for the pics...i am praying they sort out the lag issues this time round, i am fed up of playing a good half then a crap half.

I quote: "The stand out from this video is most definitely Franck Ribery".

Ribery stands out??? a joke it is right?

It might be the worst Ribery i have ever seen,

since when Ribery has dark hair?

all i can see from seeing the videos a fews time in the pitch and players kits have improved. I have tried to spot new animations and AI but to no joy, anyone else seen anything new?

all i can see from seeing the videos a fews time in the pitch and players kits have improved. I have tried to spot new animations and AI but to no joy, anyone else seen anything new?

Owen's "jumping flick" thing.
The "Drogba" move, where he clips it with his back foot and changes direction.
The quick free kick - without a pause, and you seem to be able to direct the pass.
Henry's sliding shot.
Obviously the player dive (and subsequent booking).
GK punch is very realistic.
Nike Red/White old style Premiership ball is in use with Spanish Liga teams - dunno if that's their official ball or if it can be used in any game (I know they had the Liga ball last year, but only in Liga games).
The handshakes before kick off !
The kids with the FairPlay banner and FIFA colours (don't seem to be adidas licensed though)
Editable player who gets booked has a thick wristband on his arm - unlike the previous "tape".

And coolest of all, when Ronaldo does his "standing on the adboards" celebration, the "tv feed" of the game is showing on the big screen in the stadium !!!

Can't see any untucked shirts though... and obviously they haven't done the boot licenses or assignments yet.

I need to see an edit mode video... :O(

Owen's "jumping flick" thing.
The "Drogba" move, where he clips it with his back foot and changes direction.
The quick free kick - without a pause, and you seem to be able to direct the pass.
Henry's sliding shot.
Obviously the player dive (and subsequent booking).
GK punch is very realistic.
Nike Red/White old style Premiership ball is in use with Spanish Liga teams - dunno if that's their official ball or if it can be used in any game (I know they had the Liga ball last year, but only in Liga games).
The handshakes before kick off !
The kids with the FairPlay banner and FIFA colours (don't seem to be adidas licensed though)
Editable player who gets booked has a thick wristband on his arm - unlike the previous "tape".

And coolest of all, when Ronaldo does his "standing on the adboards" celebration, the "tv feed" of the game is showing on the big screen in the stadium !!!

Can't see any untucked shirts though... and obviously they haven't done the boot licenses or assignments yet.

I need to see an edit mode video... :O(

yes i saw that but surely that cannot be it, hardly next -gen is it

shut up u dicks its next gen.

Graphics are fat, all games you mentioned are hardly better looking.

Stop fucking moaning doing my head in.

Moan moan moan game looks 10 millions times better than previous pro evos.

Last edited:
Way better than PS2 for sure, way better than PC not sure mate.

If you have your game patched like mine, trust me the lawn is brilliant etc

SO stop using foul language and grow up Dmxdex2020

is it me or did no one think the pen decision was terrible i hope that isnt wot we gonna expect from pro evo 2008 reli reli bad penalty decisions like that.

PES 2008 is looking great!

Every year FIFA looks great prior to launch. However, every year the gameplay is shallow and doesn't keep us coming back for more.

Why do we play PES? Because it feels like playing football, and although its lack of presentation and licenses makes us suffer, the GAMEPLAY keeps us coming back--it's a passion. I believe we will feel same again this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
shut up u dicks its next gen.

Graphics are fat, all games you mentioned are hardly better looking.

Stop fucking moaning doing my head in.

Moan moan moan game looks 10 millions times better than previous pro evos.

LOL, fuck off, arsehole. This is a forum, you don't like opinions, get the fuck off the internet.

is it me or did no one think the pen decision was terrible i hope that isnt wot we gonna expect from pro evo 2008 reli reli bad penalty decisions like that.

Not only was it a bad decision it looks like you take penalties the exact same way as in all the last gen versions of PES/WE, this is supposed to be next gen Konami, in Fifa I can blast it, place it, chip it delicately down the middle of the goal and make the keeper look stupid :)

Game looks fucking garbage. 8 way direction running. What the fuck is this, the Snes era? Fuck off. No buy.

Couldn't agree more, shitty graphics, lack of licenses/leagues/modes, same old crappy outdated master league.....

WTF? In the closeup cut scenes it looks as though the players are made out of wax!...and their kits too :(
If the game offers basically the same as always what's the point of having bought a PS3 if it looks like this? I'm sorry but in this day and age you've just got to deliver more on a Next Gen title than what's basically a port with a few new animations. Konami needs to get off their lazy arses.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom