PES 2008 (PS3) - Official Topic

Couldn't agree more, shitty graphics, lack of licenses/leagues/modes, same old crappy outdated master league.....

Indeed. All of those stupid fanboys talking about how the PS2 etc couldn't handle proper 3D movement have nothing to say now. We're on the 360, and PS3, and we've still got shitty movement which should have been left behind as soon as we got analog sticks.

B-b-b-b-but they need to get used to the new hardware. Bullshit. What they need to do is develop a decent effing game for once.

Soup Nazi impression:

You want money? No money for you! Come back 10 year. Next!

im so worried that the next gen pro evo is looking like having the same shitty physics as the previous 360 version.obviously i cant say for sure because i havent played it but the movenment of the playes looks shit.the ball looks like it has no weight,from a distance the players all have the same look and physics.im getting really angry now.i 1st brought a 360 so that i could enjoy next gen pro evo and was hugely pissed off with it.i sold my 360 and got ps3 and now it looks like the 1st incarnation on the ps3 looks just like a port from the 360 with the extras we never got in the 1st place.looks like il be playing pes 2008 ps2 version on my ps3.ill be so pissed off if pes 2008 ps3 fails to inpress us all.

Last edited:
I hated the 360 version of Pes 6, It just didn't flow or move anything like the ps2 version and it wasn't just the controllers.Long shots never go in and the players just looked rounded and cartoonish.
I hope it changes a lot from those videos shown or i think ill just keep playing Pes 6 still.

Slobber, Im not having a go as I do partially agree with you that this game should be a huge step up from the PS2 verison in all departments. I mean Metal gear Solid is always one of the first games on any PS console and come the end of the consoles lifecycle they still look the best Hideo pushes his team to the limit. My question to Slobber would be why do you think they do not need more time to work with the new technology of the PS3?

My other question to Slobber would be if the graphics were improved and you had the same gameplay would that please you or would you rather the graphics stay the same but the gameplay improve significantly. How would you improve on what has been shown so far?

We all know that aprt fom your MGS and GTA's most early games on consoles are poor for this exact reason the technology is new and to harness it takes time. Look at International Superstar Soccer when it came out on the PS2 and compare that with PES 6 and there has been a huge leap. It does surprise me though that the game does not look as good as the Baseball game on the PS3 or NBA 2K or any of the 2K franchise. I havn't seen FIFA but it is going to be close this year. To be honest im not even that impressed with how it looks but only time will tell.

Slobber I take it you have "Where the boys aren't 16?" referring to you little animated pic :mrgreen:

Looking at screenshots of FIFA 08 everyone here has to admit it is the better looking of the two PES 08 looks like the players are brand new toys never played with whereas the players on FIFA look grubbier and more realistic looking not to mention the cloth physics that are visable in the photos on gamespot BUT it could still play badly.

Last edited:
I played today the 360 Version of PES08 at the GC in Leipzig and for the first time i wasn't fascinated from the game. (I play since WE5) Gameplay is too slow and the animations are unnatural, but there is still time and you cannot make in 10 minutes a review

Im no FIFA man I havn't played it properly since FIFA 98 but looking at FIFA 08 and PES 2008 I seriously think FIFA for once may at least match or surpass PES 2008. Admitidly I have not played either but FIFA seems to be the better looking of the two the PES players look stiff and awkward whilst the FIFA boys look alot more natural. The pace seems alot more spot on in FIFA as well as opposed to PES which seems too fast.

There is still time for this to chnage obviously I wont make my final decision until I've played both. I just wish Konami would get the little touches right agiain graphic wise like untucked shirts, cloth animations and just more realistic looking and moving players.

The whole license situation sucks but it will always be this way and I hope Konami make the game as editable as possible but as I said in my earlier post its going to be tight PES' reign in under threat.:applause:

i dont want to slagg off pes 2008 too much as personaly i havent played it but in all the video footage i have seen so far for the next gen version all the shots the players try look very weak.the more i see it the more its haunting me thats its gona be just like pes 6 xbox 360 like.i just hope all this footage is just early code and that it ends up being the best pro evo since pro evo 3 (the best in my opinion).konami please spend the time,energy and money on the pes series like you do with games such as metal gear,please konami dont disapoint.pro evo is a way of life for people like me

Last edited:
Come on, what do you expect Konami to do? Go into this new console generation with huge resources and make most/all of the improvements you hoped? Wouldn't that be leaving too little room for improvement?

I mean there is still a whole console cycle ahead, may be 5 or 6 years and they intend to release a new version at least once a year. If they invest an awful lot of man-power in this 2008 version and make 80-90% of the improvements they can possibly make during this console generation, they would have a problem trying to make notable improvements to the series yearly.

Instead, they can use a smaller development team, and naturally spread the improvements over a period of 5-6 years. That way, gamers/fans will keep buying again and again in the next few years. :)

I think unless they can sell 2 million+ copies of this game at USD200+, it doesn't make sense for Konami to do what you may think they should.

i think the diffrence between the pes6 and pes8 is one thing

the menu and thats it i think the game play is the fucking same and nothing has changed..i hope they suprise us but i dont think so

all HD Bullshit and High Resulotion fuck it if we need high resulotion we'll go with fifa we need great gameplay and thats wat PES Stand For

Anyone else noticed the increased length of instant replays in the above 90min clip? Also, I dont think it looks thaaat bad. My main grip with the Xbox360 version was that the controller isnt suitable for playing PES IMHO. Once I get back to playing the game with the controller im used to (Playstation), Im sure I will enjoy the game more.

I'm scared of the end product of this pes 2008, shots look very weak, keepers are crap.

Have a look at that video, http://www.jeuxvideo.tv/video-exclu-6-gc-2007-ps3-video-42286.html

The keepers are amazingly crap :(

I might be odd here but i do think the game looks really good, i agree with the cheap goals here but in the beginning of the video they choose amateuer as the difficult level ....and thats probably why the keepers are so bad ...from other videos i have seen the keepers do som nice saves
And it seems like the passes are much better and that the players do some nice runs to recive the passes .....im not disapointed i love the pes gameplay and to get it in HD or full HD will be a wery nice adition =) ...Cant wait !

I think people on here a far too quick to judge. The game is not even out yet and already people are making up their minds. I've got to say that I think the game (PS3 version) looks good and the graphics are superb.

Maybe Konami aren't using the full powers of the PS3 yet but if you look at PES1 you'll see the graphics are nothing on PES6, so give them time to work on this and appreciate a fantastic football game.

Slobber is a miserable git

I might be odd here but i do think the game looks really good, i agree with the cheap goals here but in the beginning of the video they choose amateuer as the difficult level ....and thats probably why the keepers are so bad ...from other videos i have seen the keepers do som nice saves
And it seems like the passes are much better and that the players do some nice runs to recive the passes .....im not disapointed i love the pes gameplay and to get it in HD or full HD will be a wery nice adition =) ...Cant wait !

Amen! :D

one thing though slobber u may be an old fart but ive been playing computers from day one and i know my computers abd graphics despite wot u think pes 2008 is an improvement.

they are playing the level amateur if u change it to top player the keepers are better. the game is nice to play, everything happens faster and you have a better control about your players.

Come on, what do you expect Konami to do? Go into this new console generation with huge resources and make most/all of the improvements you hoped? Wouldn't that be leaving too little room for improvement?

I mean there is still a whole console cycle ahead, may be 5 or 6 years and they intend to release a new version at least once a year. If they invest an awful lot of man-power in this 2008 version and make 80-90% of the improvements they can possibly make during this console generation, they would have a problem trying to make notable improvements to the series yearly.

Instead, they can use a smaller development team, and naturally spread the improvements over a period of 5-6 years. That way, gamers/fans will keep buying again and again in the next few years. :)

I think unless they can sell 2 million+ copies of this game at USD200+, it doesn't make sense for Konami to do what you may think they should.

according to one of the podcast on http://www.winningelevenblog.com/ Konami have been working on this game 2008 for nearly 2 years.

Not impressed with any of the gameplay vids so far. Looks like a next gen game of pinball. The ball just pings across the floor, their appears to be no resistance on the ball what-so-ever. Fifa will win hands down IMO

Back
Top Bottom