PES 2008 (PS3) - Official Topic

if my guess is right, they're using ageia physx, like 'little big planet', which allows some very cool cloth effects.
Check out some of the demos on the net.

Doubtful, more like a dummy object linked to the hand bone in each player's skeleton that pulls/attracts the vertexes on another player's mesh to it and with it.

Free form cloth physics are usually for a mesh solved via physics independent of another - in this case the vertexes on the shirt are skinned to the player's skeleton and don't hang off it, i.e. not flapping around, colliding with other objects etc. Essentially it's vertex weighting.

@gragra, yeah, your probably right, it's just that many games are going to use ageia physx on ps3, i took a guess that this would.
It would be overkill just for shirts physics anyway.
The way you described is really simple to do and does seem a valid way.

JVM_PES2008.jpg

Screenshots from the french JeuxVidéo-Magazine.

Thanks to Kramer and irokoi (WEarePES.com).

maybe when you play in tournaments/master league, you get the dramatic scenes of your fans etc between matches like in real life.

I can't say i'm particularly thrilled with those images of fans...a nice addition for a couple of days, afterwards they're becoming annoying and you want to skip them...

They could always be from the intro video!!
I know the info is that there are fans reactions in game but you never know what konami are up to!

im still disappointed with the graphics. They are too cartoony and the player models are still dumb. Alsmost the same graphics as the pes6 xbox360.
And im sceptic about the shirt pulling feature. Why would we want this? In real football shirt pulling will give you a certain yellow/red card. Its such an unsporting move. I can already see lamers taking advantage of this feature.

Last edited:
im still disappointed with the graphics. They are too cartoony and the player models are still dumb. Alsmost the same graphics as the pes6 xbox360.
And im sceptic about the shirt pulling feature. Why would we want this? In real football shirt pulling will give you a certain yellow/red card. Its such an unsporting move. I can already see lamers taking advantage of this feature.

it´s not about the graphics, it´s about the animations!

I reckon the animations will be the same too with a slight few additions. You will have to use Super Cancel all the time to TRY and make your players run the direction you want them to... oh and lets not forget the CPU deflections :)

yeh....I'm not surprised that konami havn't done more than this....They have made any radical changes or good additions since PES 3

They're lazy.

All u stfu moaning the game graphics miles better than xshites are and miles better than previous versions.

Game has been overhauled to the previous ones and your still moaning.

How about waiitng to see it in action.

Your like kids grow up and be patient would ya doing my head in.

People need to just settled downs pics are pics wait until u see the game in action deep down that is the main thing the game play.

I was disapointed with pro since it got to 4 but new era now.

^^ very true words....I think thats how to truly rate people who are so superficial and on the flip side, people who are genuinly looking to play a game they'ld theselves'll enjoy after quality time with them. i mean its not like the screens relased are so poor, it automatically makes the game (which in fact no-one we know at least has seen been played) unplayable. The graphics are at least "a step up" from the previous ones, if anything i personally think they are brilliant enough for me playing from a wide camera view or at least looking at the screen with the pause menu, its really no different to fifa's, but i know thats until the cut scenes come into play. overall i think a lot of people are just too fussy tbh, dont let your (over)expectations ruin a game you avn't even experienced because once that happens, there's no turning back (you'll hate the game for life.. true story).

how can i rate gameplay if there isnt any gameplay video. I rate what i see. What i see now are graphics, so i give my opinion about that. And the graphics are the same as xbox360 which are poor. The player models on the ps2 are much better. I thinks konami can do much better with the power of the next-gen machines. Look at killzone/gears of war.
When i see gameplay videos i will rate the gameplay.
Respect the opinion of others.

All u stfu moaning the game graphics miles better than xshites are and miles better than previous versions.

Game has been overhauled to the previous ones and your still moaning.

How about waiitng to see it in action.

Your like kids grow up and be patient would ya doing my head in.

You're calling us kids?

You can barely even spell, so please, STFU yourself!

Konami are known to be lazy with PES! We all know this! PES is still a very good game and will sell loads even if they (konami) don't make much of an effort.

stfu you stupid moron you sound pathetic moaning like you are.

How the graphics the same as xbox they are miles better than xbox.

Kids the lot of you.

Pics are sod all compared to video.

A video wont be out until end of next month maybe if you read the news section you will see.

I hate people who moan about a game that is barely out.

AHH THE GRAPHICS LOOK CRAP AHH GAMES CRAP I AINT SEEN IT IN ACTION YET BUT ITS STILL CRAP.

That is how stupid you sound.

stfu you stupid moron you sound pathetic moaning like you are.

How the graphics the same as xbox they are miles better than xbox.

Kids the lot of you.

Pics are sod all compared to video.

A video wont be out until end of next month maybe if you read the news section you will see.

I hate people who moan about a game that is barely out.

AHH THE GRAPHICS LOOK CRAP AHH GAMES CRAP I AINT SEEN IT IN ACTION YET BUT ITS STILL CRAP.

That is how stupid you sound.

Obviously the 360 version will be pretty much on par with the PS3 version in terms of graphics, seeing as they aren't that impressive to begin with. But lets not start a 360 vs PS3 war though, ay?

People have a right to 'moan' about anything. You can't sit there and tell me the graphics are "next-gen". Why don't you stop calling people kids when you don't agree with their view? This is a FORUM. It's acutally where people usually come to express their own opinion. If you don't like - don't insult them. In fact, we'd rather you just shut the fuck up entirely.

The graphics are next gen maybe if you open your eyes the shirt textures are miles better, the grass looks better, the crowds looks lots betters.

The pics above look really good if you want the game to look as good as crysis you wont get that ever for football game. konami work more on gameplay and there is nothing we can do about it.

Alot of the stuff we aint seen yet we dont know what special features are in it.

Yes this is a forum you have right to your opinion but on a couple of fucking pics behave.

When you play the game for first time and say you think its crap fair enough but have you played this game? do you know all of the features? no

The game is next gen also.

Dont forget this is first version on the next gen consoles the ps3 have been said they are hard to work with right now and konami said massive graphics improvements wont be here until next time round.

how can i rate gameplay if there isnt any gameplay video. I rate what i see. What i see now are graphics, so i give my opinion about that. And the graphics are the same as xbox360 which are poor. The player models on the ps2 are much better. I thinks konami can do much better with the power of the next-gen machines. Look at killzone/gears of war.
When i see gameplay videos i will rate the gameplay.
Respect the opinion of others.

First of all, i by no means disrespected/downplayed anyones opinions, i only stated mines (what i thought, which had a lot of truth in it) secondly u simply just ain't serious saying the graphics are the same as the 360 vrsion, shows me how ignorantly you speak,
thirdly never compare any game to a football game graphically, they are on very, very, very different playing fields.
finally you ain't come across games that are not graphically outstanding but possess more playability(lasting gameplay) than games with ground breaking graphics? no? that cannot boost the gaming experience on the whole? nuff said, i ain't got the time to argue wiv anyone, obviously you judge the graphics and game play of a game seperately, personally i judge a game from the whole experience i get from it...

Back
Top Bottom