PES 2008 (PS3) - Official Topic

What i'm really concerned about is the lack of licensing. AGAIN the Premier League seems destined to rubbish no-name brand crappy lousy ingame editor kits (sorry, i really hate that!!)

Anyway i sincerely hope the PS3 version somehow mounts the data files (ie, *.afs files) with the kits,boots,faces etc onto the PS3 HDD. In so doing allowing exporting these files to PC for editing purposes and then re-enter the now customized data files back onto the PS3 for PES2008 to read.

Hence allowing kit,boot,face updates/changes. I wouldnt wanna mod my PS3 or get a Blu-ray writer ... I'd then just have to get the PC version :(

if you can put your own face in, surely you can create faces for missing players easily. like, find a cantona pic and use that.

how good is that, spurs are licenced im a spurs fan so im well happy lol, kind of a surprise tho lol but i cant say im complaining, is it a confirmed that they are liscensed??

I'm pretty disappointed the Bundesliga isn't in the game again, why don't Konami just put in an unlicensed version like in PES5? I realise there's various contractual issues but the fact they don't even put in an unlicensed version is ridiculous. :shock:

Besides all that it's great they've included more teams, although personally i would've liked to have seen Brøndby, CSKA Moscow, Shakhtar Donetsk instead of Hammarby IF, Helsingborgs IF and FC Honka.

Any hints for approx release date?

@hayabusa, yeah, not having Bundi in at all SUCKS!

haven;t read the whole topic but i want to knwo if any news about the licsencing has come out. will the EPL have full liscence?

also if not, is there a device out for ps3 yet that allows for option file transfer?

thanks a lot

I've heard about all the improvement to the opponent AI, but to everyone that has played the beta does your defence work well with what you're doing and won't spit at the mere mention of a striker

Those screenshots are pretty decent, especially the facepics. Class, hope it doesn't disappoint.

But does no one else think that the players look really really small in relation to the pitch?! or is it just me? Oh well, just gonna have to hope it delivers on PS3.

Those screenshots are pretty decent, especially the facepics. Class, hope it doesn't disappoint.

But does no one else think that the players look really really small in relation to the pitch?! or is it just me? Oh well, just gonna have to hope it delivers on PS3.

This how it should be, real players are tiny compared to the pitch. If you look at games over the years that have played really well, they have used smaller players as its proportionally correct.

A player stood on the edge of the box, should look like he is a decent distance away from goal. Trust me, this will make the game look more realistic and give you much more visibility of your own players and your opponents and so allow much better passing.

Hey, I live in the states and don't want to wait for the american version of pes to come out next year for ps3. Anyone know any UK websites that will ship the game over here? Thanks.

Hey, I live in the states and don't want to wait for the american version of pes to come out next year for ps3. Anyone know any UK websites that will ship the game over here? Thanks.
game.co.uk 39.00 quid + 4.95 shipping. Very reliable.

Back
Top Bottom