PES 2008 (PS3) - Official Topic

if u didnt watch a ingame vid on a tv infront of you, how can you say it looks bad, they are just pics, you cant really say if its good or not until u get the game in your console and look at it on your TV

Stop with the "you haven't seen it in action so how can you say it looks bad" bollocks. If you read the comments in this thread, people are complaining about graphics, not the gameplay. Anyone is allowed to say what they want - and yes, that includes saying it looks rubbish. I'm certainly not judging it by gameplay because I know it'll be great, but if people actually stop being so damn ignorant, you'd know that I'm not talking about the gameplay at all. Pictures of the game are released for a reason. They're there to show off what the game looks like, and we're allowed to feel feel disappointed without a bunch of muppets talking about a completely different issue. But seeing as we don't have a gameplay video to judge, what stops people from actually looking at the GRAPHICS in the screenshot? Afterall, isn't that part of the reason a screenshot is released?

And to whoever said something about Crysis, who said anything about wanting the game to look that good? Who the hell expects that? Yes, textures are a little bit better. GREAT!! But the thing is...a computer 3+ years ago could have easily coped with the textures...and the overall look of the game. This is supposedly the "next generation", not some glossy PS2 generation. The visuals aren't impressive at all. I hate to do this, but look at the leap from FIFA on the PS2, to the 360 - now those visuals are impressive.

I know graphics aren't Konami's forte, but c'mon...surely they can do a little bit better with the hardware available? PES, in my opinion, looked far better than FIFA last generation.

Though, I must say...reading my posts back to myself, I sound a lot more concerned with graphics than I really am. I'm not massively bothered if they stay the way they are - because the people that have played the game, the way they describe it sounds extremely positive.

When you take EVERYTHING into account about PES6, forget other games or the past, just this one game, the graphics were the weakest point.

The graphics in PES are fine for me. I play on wide angle, to see the majority of the pitch. I do hope however, that with all this next-gen power available, Nokami can do something to up the 'atmosphere' of a game. I'm thinking better sound effects, which would hopefully react with the play (eg a home crowd having a lot to say about the action). Also, but i doubt this very much, a bit more going on in the stands.

a bit more going on in the stands.

That's perfectly possible Prof...it happens in NBA 2K7...only when you are in the heat of match you don't notice that...
But yes there is more action in the stands in football than in American sports, so maybe this could make a difference...

The graphics in PES are fine for me. I play on wide angle, to see the majority of the pitch. I do hope however, that with all this next-gen power available, Nokami can do something to up the 'atmosphere' of a game. I'm thinking better sound effects, which would hopefully react with the play (eg a home crowd having a lot to say about the action). Also, but i doubt this very much, a bit more going on in the stands.

Hello Prof, I'm new here, but kinda old in our WE universe. I completely agree with u in this point, since that's what I expect from PES 2008. I don't like FIFA games too much, to be true, I never play it. But some days ago, I played UEFA C. League for X360, and ohh my!!, great atmosphere. The playability is still far away from WE series, but the sound effects, the hymns of the crowd, awesome.

Besides that, I want all the options back, of course!!! I wanna save a replay, for God's sake. :shock:

Greetings,

KingClark

Last edited:
Cool, if this is true. They've done what i wanted, which is to license all the "Other" teams. Plus they've added a few extra. eg Helsingsborg, AIK, Hammarby, Basel, Red Star, Dinamo Zagreb etc etc, even FC Honka (Finnish).
Still waiting for that Bundesliga license though (and hopefully others).

List of Leagues:
• English Premier League - No Licensed Teams (at the moment)
• French Ligue 1 - Fully Licensed League
• Italian Serie A - Fully Licensed League
• Dutch Eredivisie - Fully Licensed League
• Spanish La Liga - Fully Licensed League

Following Clubs all Licensed:
• Bayern Munchen
• Anderlecht
• FC Brugge
• Dinamo Zagreb
• FC Copenhagen
• FC Honka
• Olympiacos Piraeus
• Panathinaikos
• AEK Athens
• Rosenborg BK
• Wisla Krakow
• Benfica
• FC Porto
• Sporting Lisbon
• Spartak Moskva
• Lokomotiv Moskva
• Celtic
• Glasgow Rangers
• Red Star
• AIK
• Hammarby IF
• Helsingborgs IF
• IFK Göteborg
• FC Basel
• Besiktas
• Fenerbahce
• Galatasaray
• Dynamo Kiev
• Boca Juniors
• River Plate
• Internacional
• Sao Paulo

Last edited:
Prof, i don't think that this is the definitive list...in one of the magazines it was mentioned that Konami are still negociating in order to have more teams and licenses...so like i said in another thread: it can only get better...(besides that list was about PS2 version).

Hmm I think that it's a shame that the game doesn't include more danish teams...
The danish league is way better than the swedish...

sry for my english...

0015.jpg

10 man wall?

surely just pass :P

also another thing looking at those pics

why is are the ps3 plaer faces so much worse than ps2?

is it just me or are any of you guys worried that when you look at the players within the pes 2008 screen shots that all the players physiques look the same.the players bodies arnt all that diffrent.they just look diffrent in terms of hight. on the latter pes games on the ps2 the players bodies were really diffrent and you could realy tell who the players were by looking at there physique. the players physiques all looked like robots on pes 6 on the 360,they also dint look very diffrent when playing the game,just the hights were diffrent. or am i talking rubbish????

my argument will be that the ps2 version of the game will be as good as any previous versions of the game, but i'm very sceptical that the ps3 version is still in it's early years of development and design, so this will bring a few dissapontments, i am absolutely sure that the ps2 version will kick ass.

I think Konami have used the photo scanning from the edit player mode to make the player faces this year, hence why they look so much better in terms of likeness from the front than the side.

i hear what you are saying about this is the first next gen sony effort so it could go terrible like the first 360 effort. we keep our fingers crossed,

i still can't believe spurs and newcastle are licenced!

i always think back to how bad we5 was for ps2, konami's first forray into next gen.
I won't judge konami so much on the gameplay changes as i will on teams, features etc. The gameplay will come, if not straight away, in future releases, when they start making huge adjustments to the engine.
The capacity for WE/pes to become amazing is there, and show how much better it can get than we have played before.

Back
Top Bottom