PES 2008 (PS3) - Official Topic

i see this thread has also more fifarces then we/pesaddicts ,they are so motivated to persued pesfans to turn to the dark side,they have to realise that the majority of visitors to pesfansites are capable of making up there own mind about we/pes,the fans realise there game is a piece of craftmanship not a game without caracter where beside the superstars every player feels the same,when booth games are in the shops i am sure people want to play the game that never gets boring,and thats we/pes.

2000082326358804007_rs.jpg

2000078250370628265_rs.jpg

2000036269893275123_rs.jpg

2000019886075867847_rs.jpg

2000049869460013189_rs.jpg

2002074627314597989_rs.jpg

2002096821202723763_rs.jpg

2002007699141446569_rs.jpg

2002047519894097368_rs.jpg

2002083463107799173_rs.jpg

2002049538352343310_rs.jpg

2002079540932878582_rs.jpg

i am sure people want to play the game that never gets boring,and thats we/pes.

Never gets boring? As someone who only plays ML I can tell you it gets very boring very quickly, a 30 league career mode with promotion, relegation, winning trophies, qualifying for europe, moving jobs, that's what a game needs to not get boring......

Right, I was wandering if anyone could answer my question. I've got an asian ps3, i live in thailand. I want to get this game when it first comes out (sent from uk). And i want to get online. Will it work? Are there servers based in uk? Or does it just depend on the country of the player you are playing?

placebo, have you played online with pes6?
i play every cup and league,among wich the exellent international challenge,i frankly dont get around to playing masterleague.
online play can get frustrating at times because of deliberate laggers,cheaters and disconnecters but its so addictive to play competitions,the good games make up for the bad ones,you have to remember its just a game,the editing also takes up a lot of time,time i would never invest in a boring game like fifa.

I have never played football online and have no intention of playing online.

The experience I want to have with a football game is managing and playing as a team (preferably the team I support), getting them promoted, avoiding relegation, challenging for Europe, winning trophies, buying and selling players, what I personally consider the real footballing experience, rather than one off matches against random opponents :)

i agree that masterleague has to improve,but imagine pes having the identical teams and players as fifa,pes does not have the numbers,but every player can be customised,they a least feel all different when playing,the fifa players dont get me involved ,they dont have caracter.
i think teamvision is going to improve the game.
i also think this is a transistion to ps3,and in the future when they know to use the power of nextgen consoles better everything improves ,including the masterleague.

does any body know what stadiums are confirmed for the ps3 version.could some one list the stadiums that will be in the game? i really want to know if the emirates stadium is on there.

Who is this placebo guy? Why don't you find a site where people are looking forward to the new fifa? FIFA has a great management aspect, yes, it looks good, sure. But it's nothing like pes to play. Yes we'd all love pes to be licensed like fifa, but it isn't going to be. Yes, there are annoying things like points and not £'s in the master league, but...when you actually play the game, it's true football. Fifa has everything right presentation wise, but the gameplay sucks. I've trid year after year to get into it, but its never got the gameply formula right.

Not impressed with any of the gameplay vids so far. Looks like a next gen game of pinball. The ball just pings across the floor, their appears to be no resistance on the ball what-so-ever. Fifa will win hands down IMO

Have you seen a Premiership game in the last years ? That's exactly what happens ! As for "FIFA will win hands down", have you even played either of them ?

Didn't think so.

Never gets boring? As someone who only plays ML I can tell you it gets very boring very quickly, a 30 league career mode with promotion, relegation, winning trophies, qualifying for europe, moving jobs, that's what a game needs to not get boring......

Actually, I don't agree, I can play endless games of PES as standalone matches, never mind online, or in a league or cup, and without ever touching the (admittedly crappy) Master League (which I hate and won't ever play).

However, I can't play a single individual match of FIFA on any version without thinking what a steaming heap of unrealistic poop it is. So why the hell would I want to play numerous games of it in a career mode, when every one of those games will annoy the hell out of me ? Ball physics are usually laughable, and even in the 08 clips I've seen the ball magnetises to players' feet and floats in the air just as it has since FIFA first existed in '94.

Now hopefully either FIFA08 or PES08 will be the greatest game in the history of the universe and I'll never need to buy another one, but I'm guessing from past experience that FIFA will look decent but play like a turd, whilst PES will look more realistic (other than the unlicenced kits) and be the more enjoyable experience. I could be wrong, but historically that's what ALWAYS happens.

hey people
i have a question:
is ronaldinho in pes2008 licensed?????becoz i didnt see his name under the brazil team!

Have you seen a Premiership game in the last years ? That's exactly what happens ! As for "FIFA will win hands down", have you even played either of them ?

Didn't think so.

wow really, so the premirship officials have found a way to defy the laws of physics? I've yet to see Cherno Samba play accurate driven passes across the whole length of the pitch at great speed. Maybe I've mised it.

Besides, even if it was representative of premiership football, that would be a bit daft, considerng there are several other leagues out there that are just as good in terms of quality and entertainment and yet have a different style of play. The premiership/championship is pracially unique. Why base a game on the rarest form of football?

The only teams that ping a ball about that quick in the premiership are probably United, Arsenal and Spurs. That should be represented by team characteristics and individual playing attributes, not my a mass universal game mechanism.

Im an avid pes fan but fifa 08 has just caught pro evo by miles they new fifa engine is imense ive never really like fifa but 08 gets my vote pes looks gd but the ai look far more better on fifa and fifa have finally got a decent shot engine plus fifa online sounds out this world still im gonna play demos of both before i make my mind up plus pes online has to greatly improve.

Many people here saying that fifa08 is much better than PES 2008, better AI, better bal physics,...
But how can you judging about something if you not even played!? Only watching trailers?
Ok FIFA 08 looks nicer, but if its plays better…

Many people here saying that fifa08 is much better than PES 2008, better AI, better bal physics,...
But how can you judging about something if you not even played!? Only watching trailers?
Ok FIFA 08 looks nicer, but if its plays better…

Pes looks as if its on rail. The ball and the players chase set run lines that are invisible on the pitch. I've looked at the vids, and the striker still don't make decent runs, infact they go offside far too much and never deviate from the two middle inner channels of a football pitch.

Fifa looks as if you can really use the whole of the pitch, the physical and aerial battles are immense, they were in 07.

peter are you a fifa fanboy just coming to have a go at pro evo lol.

well considerng I've been a member of this forum for a while now and haven't owned a Fifa since 99, I wouldn't say I was a fan boy. I'm merely criticising this 'supposed' next gen PES. On the basis of what I've seen from the two game, Fifa will at the very least match it or even surpass it.

well considerng I've been a member of this forum for a while now and haven't owned a Fifa since 99, I wouldn't say I was a fan boy. I'm merely criticising this 'supposed' next gen PES. On the basis of what I've seen from the two game, Fifa will at the very least match it or even surpass it.

I've been thinking that for years, 07 was as close as it got - a fair few PES gamers went to the darkside - then once the novelty wore off realised what a pile of shite fifa remained... its funny what people in a huff can convince themselves of!

:)

I hope fifa is better this year, if not I'm fairly sure I'll be happy enough with PES, it might not be perfect - far from it on many fronts, but its still better than canadian grass hockey! Now with added tricks for less realism! :)

oops there I go again, i will give it a chance :P

One thing I hope is fixed with pes 2008, is corners. I played a mach yesterday with arsenal in ML. I was forced to use Eduardo and Walcott up front and small wingers. In the box on the corners the only players up for the corner was these small players. This always happen. Its not the biggest of problems, but not realistic. Where are the defenders or tall midtfielders? John Terry enyone? Its always been a "big" problem with long freekicks as well, as players dont move into the box and the kick it self are usually unrealistic. Fifa(07) got this down better I think. So I hope this is better in pes 08. Get back to the good playing feeling, better graphic, lots of editing and I think pes 08 will be the better one of the two. Another thing though. Being an arsenal fan for 13 years now, I have always liked that we could make the arsenal kit and play at Highbury. Now I think they will not add the newest and lets face it, the best looking stadium in england (emirates stadium). At least if you dont consider the new Wembley. So I will give fifa that one, cause thay had the Emirates even when fifa 07 came out on the ps2, and looked even better on the 360. I have a bad feeling about the nr of stadiums in pes 08, but finally it looks like we can create players faces with better results. Fifa needs work on these parts as they have failed. Anyway, I will get both and hope that at least one of the two can keep me playing until the next one comes out like I did with pes 2-5. But if pes08 fails with the emirates stadium the editing will not feel so much fun you know.. So if fifa 08 plays good, already have all the pl teams and the emirates stadium, it will probably be the game I play until next year..It will be exiting and September/October could not come fast enough ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom