PES 2008 (PS3) - Official Topic

I've been thinking that for years, 07 was as close as it got - a fair few PES gamers went to the darkside - then once the novelty wore off realised what a pile of shite fifa remained... its funny what people in a huff can convince themselves of!

:)

I hope fifa is better this year, if not I'm fairly sure I'll be happy enough with PES, it might not be perfect - far from it on many fronts, but its still better than canadian grass hockey! Now with added tricks for less realism! :)

oops there I go again, i will give it a chance :P

yes Fifa 07 goes very stale very quick, however, there are reasons for that, and it is down to it's flaws that the Devs have promised that they will fix for 08.

I've installed and uninstalled 07 several times this year, because I get bored of PES, and fancy a bit of Fifa, then I take it off thinking I'll never play it again, return to PES for a bit, love it, and then get frustrated by it yet again.

Hopefully they will, but as usual EA are focusing on the glitz and the glam, being able to do tricks like ronaldinho, yeah thats ok but what about the other 89 virtual minutes? they should focus on the CORE of the game which, for me hasnt been good since the megadrive.

GAME say 26th October.
Amazon say 19th October.
GamePlay say 15th October.
Play.com say 26th October.

I reckon 26th October is the correct release date.

Last edited:
Thats what it was in HMV. I even asked the staff and they told me the 21st September!!

Fingers crossed.

I saw the 21st Sept in HMV too. I'm trying to remember what it exactly said - because it sounds too early I'm doubting myself and thinking it must have said "Pre-order from..."!

FIFA08 was also there; it said the 28th Sept on all formats for that.

The HMV site still has the 26th Oct though.

Maybe it is a cheap trick to secure orders by pre-ordering from the stores now, and come a later date they'll say it has been delayed till October.

PES always comes late October, doesn't it? Sometimes in May, but usually October, I think. Would be amazing if it came September 21st, though.

Could we have kitserver with the PS3 in its original state?

Well, I guess not, because it doesn't install data onto the HDD. :/

Hopefully the edit mode will be good enough to allow a decent set of kits regardless.

yes pc version is old gen version = ps2 one! fifa 2008 next gen x360/ps3 will be so sweeeeeeeeeeeet :p

Why is the pc version last gen???

why hasnt it been upgraded too and will the ps3 version be better?[/QUOTE]

Because EA want to maximise PC sales rather than marginalise people with outdated PCs, yes it's crappy but hey that's life, and I have a 360 ;)

will the ps3 version be better?

Err yeah, you do know that the next gen versions use a completely different engine that's only a year old right? Fifa07 was the first game on the new engine, UCL was the 1.5th game on the new engine and Fifa08 will be the second game on the new engine :)

for whats its worth, if you live in london head down to Virgin Megastore on Tottenham Court road, PEs2008 is playing on their machines. I just saw it on tv, Darren Bent from Spurs was getting thrashed.

does any body know what stadiums will be included in the next gen version? im dying to know what grounds will be in the game.by what we have seen in the video footage the nou camp is in the game but i want know the rest.does any one know? i hope we are no going to be lumbard with just 3 statdiums like pes 6 xbox 360.

does any body know what stadiums will be included in the next gen version? im dying to know what grounds will be in the game.by what we have seen in the video footage the nou camp is in the game but i want know the rest.does any one know? i hope we are no going to be lumbard with just 3 statdiums like pes 6 xbox 360.

I am betting there will be 12 stadiums :( And no Emirates or santiago bernabeu(dont know if I spelled it right..)Should be some news soon as the game is closing in on release.

I just hope we get a demo soon, so we can report the bugs in the games beofre final release. Konami need to show case this game more than they are doing at the moment.

I just hope we get a demo soon, so we can report the bugs in the games beofre final release. Konami need to show case this game more than they are doing at the moment.

Nothing will change between the demo release and the final version that hasn't already been changed.

I would imagine, give or take the odd touch up/correction of stats/transfers that their main focus now is to get the demo in a good state.

Then it will solely production/marketing.

I could be wrong but I would be shocked to discover that Konami made any significant code changes so near to release.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom