PES 2008 (PC-DVD) - Official Topic

Lol JB that avatar is only showing that I want FIFA this year to be good! I want a game to compete with PES rather than EA's usual gimmicky crap and FIFA 07 and UEFA CL took a step in the right direction for me... :) ah well you got to love Next Gen soccer wars havent you? Im no fanboy of either game.

ahh ok cool, well i too wished that fifa step up their game abit more has it will force konami to bloody work there ass off because at the moment, all their doing in pro evo is updating the stats and getting paid huge sums to do it

jonney :) thats basically what I was trying to get across mate. I wasnt doing the whole FIFA vs PES thing.

Its in everyones best interest to have two very good football games . For me Fifa isn't there yet, but I'm certainly not gonna rule out buying a Fifa game in the future. The more competition the better IMO

I can see this year being very good for us Football game players. I reckon both titles will be good if Konami sort out the bugs since 1999.

enough of this comparing crap, lets get back on topic here. will pes08 have shirt phyhsics like in nba2007?? the do need to sort out the stupid commentary.[/QUOTE]

that doesnt really matter to me as on PC you can just add fifa commentary but it would help for them to get better commentators bu t who can they get

List of Leagues:
• English Premier League - No Licensed Teams (at the moment)
• French Ligue 1 - Fully Licensed League
• Italian Serie A - Fully Licensed League
• Dutch Eredivisie - Fully Licensed League
• Spanish La Liga - Fully Licensed League

Following Clubs all Licensed:
• Bayern Munchen
• Anderlecht
• FC Brugge
• Dinamo Zagreb
• FC Copenhagen
• FC Honka
• Olympiacos Piraeus
• Panathinaikos
• AEK Athens
• Rosenborg BK
• Wisla Krakow
• Benfica
• FC Porto
• Sporting Lisbon
• Spartak Moskva
• Lokomotiv Moskva
• Celtic
• Glasgow Rangers
• Red Star
• AIK
• Hammarby IF
• Helsingborgs IF
• IFK Göteborg
• FC Basel
• Besiktas
• Fenerbahce
• Galatasaray
• Dynamo Kiev
• Boca Juniors
• River Plate
• Internacional
• Sao Paulo

Obviously we are as worried as all tha fans about there being no licensed Premier League clubs, but we are sure this will change prior to the release of the game come October. Promising news though with regards to the list of licensed clubs. Good to see a wide range of European and South American clubs.

Here's what I read again no Bundesliga but a lot of new teams and maybe all leagues will be licenced .I saw also the new pics and they are fantastic , can't wait to play the new pes2008 from what i read it will be the best game ever but will see.

Obviously we are as worried as all tha fans about there being no licensed Premier League clubs, but we are sure this will change prior to the release of the game come October.

Aren't they allowed only two Premiership teams licenced due to the existing licenses?

If so, it has to be Man Utd and Liverpool for me. The two most successful teams in England; Also the current Champions and the team that consistanly flys the flag for England in European competition. It just makes sense.

Dude are you asking for advice or are you saying you know for sure that it will be able to play PES?

Not sure on the GFX Card of that Media Center Machine Homer. You may struggle to run PES2008 with any decent detail level. The Xpress Radeon's tend to be pretty rubbish.

I only have 2 requests for October

a) Konami finally get off their arses and do Pro Evo PC justice graphic wise - but of course allow my X1600 laptop to keep along :p

b) Please, please be compatible with XP

as far as I can see, it actually is graphically revolutionized but getting along with your fellow X1600... I don't think that's guaranteed.
anyway, they have to make it compatible with either XP or Vista, that's the way games should be when the new OS has not yet made it to every PC.

of course should be that.

I'd say it's going to run on both vista/dx10 and xp/dx9 as, as far as I know (I may be wrong), there's no chance to get dx10 working on xp, at least at the moment.

Well I am pretty confident provided they do not go Vista only, I can play at least the next two iterations of Pro Evo PC on at least medium high. After all I have FEAR and Oblivion at those settings and I don't envisage Konami going crazy with what graphics they incorporate ;)I am also happy they have given the PC version a facelift - something they should have done for PES 6

If you look around online although Microsoft denie they will ever make DX10 for xp, but apparently some geeks have managed to get DX10 working on XP along with the DX10 demo of Lost Planet.
But PES will never be DX10 because consoles technically have DX9 cards in them.

Last edited:
I think you're pretty right, there's no chance it's gonna be DX10 stuff, it looks awesome though graphical wise.

Back
Top Bottom