PES 2008 (PC-DVD) - Official Topic

The slow-as-fuck-so-the-other-player-can-intercept passing and the tap-shoot-like-it's-on-fire-and-the-ball-blasts-over-the-top-of-the-stadium shooting maybe?

JB has hit the fucking big nail on the head... Jees I know we are all here because of Winning Eleven/PES but some people need to open up their eyes to this so-called amazing game that is PES... seriously some of you guys need to check out UEFA CL on the 360. I am so glad ive stuck with it and played it more recently because besides the odd shooting issue I have personally (Others seem to say they dont have them problems) the game is fantastic! at a nice pace, reasonable graphics (more Next Gen than PES 2008 looks), Proper Manual Passing!! I can pass the ball to anyone I want to and not to some bloke stood 6 yards offside who I wasnt aiming for in the 1st place... and good commentary too.

What about PES's commentary? "He's Cut off his options" ? what the funk? "The sun is shining and the wind is shooting through the stadium!" I mean come on! at least you dont hear them stupid comments in FIFA, in fact FIFA's commentary has been excellent since World Cup 98 :)

JB has hit the fucking big nail on the head... Jees I know we are all here because of Winning Eleven/PES but some people need to open up their eyes to this so-called amazing game that is PES... seriously some of you guys need to check out UEFA CL on the 360. I am so glad ive stuck with it and played it more recently because besides the odd shooting issue I have personally (Others seem to say they dont have them problems) the game is fantastic! at a nice pace, reasonable graphics (more Next Gen than PES 2008 looks), Proper Manual Passing!! I can pass the ball to anyone I want to and not to some bloke stood 6 yards offside who I wasnt aiming for in the 1st place... and good commentary too.

What about PES's commentary? "He's Cut off his options" ? what the funk? "The sun is shining and the wind is shooting through the stadium!" I mean come on! at least you dont hear them stupid comments in FIFA, in fact FIFA's commentary has been excellent since World Cup 98 :)

so why are you guys in this forum them if pes is realy that bad? you dont see me in the fifa forum... so let me ask you something, which football game has the BEST gameplay overal?? lets see how many people will not say pes.

al im saying is that the graphics need a hell of a work out, to me the gameplay is the best but not perfect. can you honestly say fifa has better gameplay? LOL i thought not

Even if you're a Fifa fanboy - you can't deny that Pro Evo will be the best option for PC users unless you wanna play another shite PS2 port

Pro Evo isnt totally awful dont get me wrong.Ive been hooked on it since ISS Pro Evolution 2, sometimes there is nothing better than managing to "Beat The Bullshit" as I tell my friends! :) It can be satisfying when things do go pretty much how you direct them to, but when its plain bullshit thats when it gets on my nerves. Plus the engine has pretty much been the same since its early ISS days.

Pro Evo isnt totally awful dont get me wrong.Ive been hooked on it since ISS Pro Evolution 2, sometimes there is nothing better than managing to "Beat The Bullshit" as I tell my friends! :) It can be satisfying when things do go pretty much how you direct them to, but when its plain bullshit thats when it gets on my nerves. Plus the engine has pretty much been the same since its early ISS days.

a fifa fan and manc what a horrible combo

I think the point to his argument is that so many people choose to stick their heads in the sand when it comes to obvious gameplay issues that PES has.

Did he say FIFA was perfect? No. I personally like PES better than FIFA, but with the available gameplay mods for FIFA PC it plays a damn good game of footie. I'll bet there are people on this board that no matter what you tell them they'll never play FIFA.

Soz DJ UEFA got boring, was so slow and felt like hitting a balloon at times. EA really need to do the dribbling/sprinting again from scratch.

Yea but listen people, name me another football game that has better gameplay then pro evo...

i thought not, case closed. the gameplay on pro evo is the best i have ever played and not too many people here would disagree. thats why i beleive konami need to work on graphics for once. re doing the gameplay may totaly fuk it up

You would be absolutely amazed how much the gameplay is changed by simply editting the stats of the players.

Everything in the way the game plays can be changed and the more you realise this, the more you realise Konami have been making millions each year for very little work.

If you know what your doing you can make PES6 play like any of the series so far by making percentage changes to all the players.

I can remember in the past reading people saying that konami have sorting the gameplay out and everything is right. They then state how the game has changed (normally saying its quicker or slower paced, which ever they think it should be). Then the next realise they change it back again and others think its right.

All of the changes in gameplay between any of the PES series since the first on came out on the PS2, can be done by slightly changing the the stats, in particular - aggression, passing, speed and shooting.

Once you realise this and how little has been added to the game off the pitch since, you will realise how little work has gone into it for years.

Unless PES7 has a lot more too it, I am going to start looking into editting FIFA to play like PES.

You would be absolutely amazed how much the gameplay is changed by simply editting the stats of the players.

Everything in the way the game plays can be changed and the more you realise this, the more you realise Konami have been making millions each year for very little work.

If you know what your doing you can make PES6 play like any of the series so far by making percentage changes to all the players.

I can remember in the past reading people saying that konami have sorting the gameplay out and everything is right. They then state how the game has changed (normally saying its quicker or slower paced, which ever they think it should be). Then the next realise they change it back again and others think its right.

All of the changes in gameplay between any of the PES series since the first on came out on the PS2, can be done by slightly changing the the stats, in particular - aggression, passing, speed and shooting.

Once you realise this and how little has been added to the game off the pitch since, you will realise how little work has gone into it for years.

Unless PES7 has a lot more too it, I am going to start looking into editting FIFA to play like PES.

Agreed. Konami put VERY little work into the Pro Evo series, because they know they don't need to do much. They have a tried and tested game engine, which they can tweak a little to make it feel different. Apart from that, the only perceived differences in gameplay are down to animations (which can have a big effect, don't get me wrong - but it's not enough.

Konami need to start from scratch. The game engine is about as good as it can get on the PS2 and XBox generation of consoles, but the next-gen consoles have massive potential that can only be realised by re-doing everything.

Just think, we could have 32-direction controls (even 16-direction would make it feel 'free'). More realistic ball physics - I am fed up with the ball going into Row Z every time I shoot from an angle. Realistic player speeds and defenders getting punished for not accounting for it. Genuine shooting animations, rather than a 30-yard screamer that the striker hit without even taking a run-up. Intelligent runs into space (maybe even a system that allows you to tell players when and where to run?), instead of your player running from a great position to behind the defender where they can't possibly receive the ball.

I play Pro Evo because it is the best out there, but there are masses of things wrong that could be made a lot better with the current technology. PES6 is perhaps the worst yet for these little annoyances. I sincerely hope PES7 takes at least some of these into consideration, because FIFA 2007 on the XBox 360 was not a bad game AT ALL. EA don't need to do much to ensure massive sales, yet they are working their asses off just to be the best.

i agree the pes7 need to be redone BUT for that to happen it will take more than a year to achieve this though. IMO they should have started building a brand new engine when pes5 was released.

they would of had two years to develop a whole new engine that utilizes the power of the 360. look at Unreal tournament3, that has been built on a new engine and it took them 3-4 years. if konami took there time in developing the next pro evo, we would have a much better game. konami will only do that once there game sales slump because at the moment. konami are making mega bucks doing fuk all and it will stay that way till fifa makes a better game...

competition is good but when your main rivals are way off pace, you get lazy and dont need to work has hard for each new product you make. look at intel when they first came out

the dominated the CPU scene for ages and got lazy with each new model they come out. Then when AMD took the crown, INTEL began to work HARD again to make th CORE 2 AND THE QUAD CORE's that are simply dominating the CPU market

I am not a PES fan or a Fifa fan, I am a football fan. Whichever game is the most realistic, I will buy.
Nobody can say either Fifa or PES gameplay is realistic, neither is anywhere near it yet so all we can do is hope that one of them puts some effort in to make a good game (EA seem to be making more effort).
Jonneymendoza, you are the definition of a PES fanboy, how can you say PES gameplay is near perfect?! You need to watch more football if you think PES gameplay is close to it. I assure you, it isn't.

Konami and EA need to work hard, games like PES6 and Fifa 07 are not acceptable.

If there is a new engine, that is great news, I expect a lot from PES 2008.
PC getting the next-gen version and the extra time to develop and get used to developing next gen games should make it very playable, if not totally realistic.

Just a question, is it confirmed that lower leagues are in or not? I am getting pissed off not being able to use Coventry in PES :(. That is one of the only things better about Fifa at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I seriously doubt it's a completely new engine to be honest - it looks more or less identical to the last one! A heavily modified engine perhaps.

lol i admit i am a pes fanboy hench why i am a member of a forum dedicated to pro evo. you can simulate a real football game because we all know that a real match is a slow paced game. to implement a slow paced game on pro evo will be stupid has people will get quickly bored of it.

lets be honest, pes is much closer to realism than fifa is

Diving is now a new feature in the game ,3 Buttons combination to press for a dive. Very difficult to dive, because the referee's often give you the yellow card.

Can't wait to get my Hands on PES 2008 :D

The only problem is the Licences but the gameplay is ok. Konami must work hard for a better AI because if they fail than FIFA will win.

is this version going to have a better network option or still a gay messenger 1.2 version style network mode

Fifa has improved a lot in the last 2 years. I am not a fanboy of either games. I prefer PES but I play Fifa sometimes. The problem with Fifa is that it starts repeating itself after a while. (hitting the same post 5 times every game is not realistic) The ball physics have been improved but it is still not as good as PES. The commentary, yes Fifa is absolutely better. The animation quality is excellent in Fifa too. The motion capture really works.

As for this year, I will not play Fifa much as I am a PC player and I am tired of seing crappy PS2 graphics on a gamer system like mine. Konami has decided well to make PC the same as next gen consoles while EA is too lazy or too cheap to create a next gen graphics engine for the PC.

If you take out all the bullshit CPU deflections, the super shit cancel button (let us have control of our players all the time!) and the blatant scripting of CPU goals (e.g. you cant touch this! im gonna score and win the match in the 90th minute whilst your players become retards!) And also the scripting of your shots on goal (often dont go anywhere near where your aiming then!) then it would be good. FIFA 07 and UEFA CL on 360 are excellent games and a big step in the right direction.

If you take out all the bullshit CPU deflections, the super shit cancel button (let us have control of our players all the time!) and the blatant scripting of CPU goals (e.g. you cant touch this! im gonna score and win the match in the 90th minute whilst your players become retards!) And also the scripting of your shots on goal (often dont go anywhere near where your aiming then!) then it would be good. FIFA 07 and UEFA CL on 360 are excellent games and a big step in the right direction.

thats alot of if they diddnt crap on fifa. pe only has minor issueslike cpu cheating and manual passin. besides that the game amazing.

if u compare the pros and cons for ea game, pro evo will top fifa by a long mile

Last edited:

You talk some fucking shit at times.

Eh? and what shit have I talked? you like the whole Super Cancel rubbish then? you like the fact your 1-0 up in a match and suddenly your players turn into retards who cant control the ball and cant play simple passes to their team mates? you like the fact the CPU player suddenly become stronger than yours and over power them?

You think the shooting on PES is realistic? A lot of the time it talks bollocks and is heavily scripted.

I think your the one who talks bollocks hence the Box Shot in your avatar

Eh? and what shit have I talked? you like the whole Super Cancel rubbish then? you like the fact your 1-0 up in a match and suddenly your players turn into retards who cant control the ball and cant play simple passes to their team mates? you like the fact the CPU player suddenly become stronger than yours and over power them?

You think the shooting on PES is realistic? A lot of the time it talks bollocks and is heavily scripted.

I think your the one who talks bollocks hence the Box Shot in your avatar

im sorry but i have to agree with nick on this one, you are talking abit of cack here and there. you have pointed out some flaws in pro evo that are bloody minor it annoys the heck out of me when people complain about it, super cancel? wtf are you talking about?

you critisise the shooting? its 10000 times more realistic that piss poor fifa but not perfect.

listen you stick to your shitty arcade piece of crap called fifa, and we will stick with our pes6 where the real men play. go play the kids game of fifa and good luck to ya. God knows why your in a PES forum when your a bloody fifa lover. you will NEVER see me in a fifa forum thats for sure

enough of this comparing crap, lets get back on topic here. will pes08 have shirt phyhsics like in nba2007?? the do need to sort out the stupid commentary.

Eh? since when did I become a FIFA Lover? I have played PES since ISS Pro on PSX so I think I know more than a thing or two!

Back
Top Bottom