PES 2008 (PC-DVD) - Official Topic

lol, i've had the same config before i bought the new one.

Last edited:
well i'd upgrade the whole system, but i guess it will be able to handle pes 2008, dunno about how the gfx would be.

I think a gfx card upgrade is about the only thing you might need.

lol, man, noone knows it yet. but i really have no doubts that the game's gonna run well on both 6800 and x800, at least judging by the screens.

@Alexbeckhs: I think it will be enough considering that a x800, if combined with a good system (at least 1Gb ram and a 2GHz cpu), is still able to run virtua tennis 3 at a very good level of detail:

yes it's not like seeing the game running on a Lindbergh stystem, but it still looks good to me.. There are little troubles with lighting/shadows and some small glitches sometimes but in the end the performance is still good..

so, if a x800 runs VT3 at that level of detail, should definitely be able to run PES6. Maybe at a lower detail, but I don't care as long as it doesn't affect framerate and so gameplay.

hey guys im running a AMD XP 3200+ with 1GB of Ram and a geforce 7800 GS ? should that be enough to play the game on high graphics

YoungGun The only thing which might let the side down for you is the GFX Card. Other than that you should be ok.

well, i guess considering that Virtual Tennis 3 has got graphics that are even better than pes 2008 in some places, i guess you won't even nedd next gen gfx card to run the game smoothly on high settings.

let's forget the requirements talk, continue talking about the new features.
how do you think the new "shirt pulling" feature is gonna turn out?
I think it's gonna be pretty amazing unless they have put slowdown animations or stuff for it.

I just hope the shirt pulling doesnt get too annoying with people doing it all the time!!

Deixem jogar o Mantorras!!!:D

lol they just have to follow the rules properly: if someone performed it, should be booked.

be sure that people will use it just in case of real need.

As you all know in every PES game (i mean PES not ISS) shirt pulling existed and was used automatically. Nothing will change now i guess, you'll just see next-gen animations for it, that's all. And it's fine with me, if it won't bee too often and not too rare, just something between. Like in real life.

Last edited:
I heard someone say PC-DVD of PES 2008 would be just the same with PS2 ver. of it. Is that true? I don't wanna believe it..

isnt true...
hey guys to u think it will need pixel shader 3.0 or it will use normal 2.0???
because with an ati x800 i cant run pixel shader 3.0...

@Alexbeckhs: I think it will be enough considering that a x800, if combined with a good system (at least 1Gb ram and a 2GHz cpu), is still able to run virtua tennis 3 at a very good level of detail:

yes it's not like seeing the game running on a Lindbergh stystem, but it still looks good to me.. There are little troubles with lighting/shadows and some small glitches sometimes but in the end the performance is still good..

so, if a x800 runs VT3 at that level of detail, should definitely be able to run PES6. Maybe at a lower detail, but I don't care as long as it doesn't affect framerate and so gameplay.

mate, i get where you're coming from but there is a difference between VT3 and PES7.

here it is, VT3, only needs to animate 2-4 player models, where as pes6/7 needs to animate a total of 22 players on the field plus the ref. there is a significant difference between how much the games require. i run VT3 on a 6600gt and it runs beautifully, on 1680x1050 resolution with 8xAA and 16xAF. but when i try running PES6 on those, goodbye framerate, i get about 15 max. im forced to run pes6 on 1440x900 @ full 8xaa and 8xAF.

i can only imagine with such graphic intensive game, and being a playstation rip as usual the game will only require more and more graphic power, in other words, we'd need to get a more better video card. maybe a 7900gs or something haha.

i wonder how AA and AF works with PES for ya as it shouldn't. The game simply doesn'ty support it.

hey guys i remake the question
do u think it will need pixel shader 3.0 or it will use normal 2.0???
because with an ati x800 i cant run pixel shader 3.0...

mate, i get where you're coming from but there is a difference between VT3 and PES7.

here it is, VT3, only needs to animate 2-4 player models, where as pes6/7 needs to animate a total of 22 players on the field plus the ref. there is a significant difference between how much the games require. i run VT3 on a 6600gt and it runs beautifully, on 1680x1050 resolution with 8xAA and 16xAF. but when i try running PES6 on those, goodbye framerate, i get about 15 max. im forced to run pes6 on 1440x900 @ full 8xaa and 8xAF.

i can only imagine with such graphic intensive game, and being a playstation rip as usual the game will only require more and more graphic power, in other words, we'd need to get a more better video card. maybe a 7900gs or something haha.

look mate you gotta take into consideration that the pes6 is a poorly made port into the PC. with better programming, pes6 would run flawless on your system mate. dont blame that 22 player animation crap

I think shirt pulling and that thing about AI like it changes tactics to compete yours are gonna really revolutionize the game.

I think shirt pulling and that thing about AI like it changes tactics to compete yours are gonna really revolutionize the game.

yea it would but i would love if konami focued more on the graphics than the gameplay this time round. they have the gameplay near perfect so why are they using most of their resorces on that department of the game? the graphics needs ALOT of work for it to be considered a next gen game. when you look at crysis, UT3 and cod4 it makes you wonder about pes's laziness of achieveing even half that graphic horse power

Near perfect? what planet are you on! how can you explain the CPU AI Cheating which has happened since the Early ISS Days? That doesnt indicate near perfect.

Near perfect? what planet are you on! how can you explain the CPU AI Cheating which has happened since the Early ISS Days? That doesnt indicate near perfect.

Completly agree, played the old Pro evo's but always prefered FIFA, untill i played pes4, since then been a die hard fan, but my god they have more then got their work cut out in gameplay. Graphics, ppftt, high resolution, some nice mods and it's just as good if not better then any fifa. A new graphics engine will be pointless if the physics aren't there to back it up. I think physics is the most annoying part of pro evo at the moment, and so far konami haven't said anything about this so i'm quite worried at the moment. A computer learning how to play against you is going to be nothing but annoying if they also get 9/10 breaks of the ball and every deflection in the air in the box goes high enough for the keeper to come and collect etc.

Is shirt pulling just going to be the new 'X' push on PES5, soon as someone gets away just a little tap on X they fall over, get a free kick but never a card. God that drove me crazy! much prefered the X tackle in PES6, hope they're not going back with this new feature!

Back
Top Bottom