PES 2008 (PC-DVD) - Official Topic

The more Ram you have the better performance my friend. To have a decent looking Crysis on PC you will need more than that!

well i hope they finaly include clothes physiscs because pretty much every sports game have it! i do wish that each player had the same detail has the tennis players in virtual tennis 3.

in regards to crysis, all u need is 2gb ram, a 8800 gts and a core 2 e6600 to play on max settings(not on ultra)

all can be build for less than 600

Last edited:
Yes, I see that PES2008 graphics are same of the Virtual Tennis 3.

Are you joking? The detail seems much higher on VT3.. The in game shots of PES 2008 don't look much different over PES6 with high def kits..

He probably means the system requirements will be practically the same.

Are you joking? The detail seems much higher on VT3.. The in game shots of PES 2008 don't look much different over PES6 with high def kits..
the graphs are seemed but the PES2008 will have more elements.

He probably means the system requirements will be practically the same.
Requeriments of the PES6 and PES2008?
I' ve got an ATI Radeon 8500.
Do you think i will have to buy a new graphic card to play PES 2008 ?
I think that will be necessary. I have a FX5200 and know that I need buy other graphic card, I want buy the GeForce 8600GT

I receive this reply about requeiments minimum...

"Hi Lucas,

The requirements for the game have not been announced yet. We will know more
closer to release."

well Core 2 duo, 2Gb ram and GeForce 8600GTS/8800 are a must to fully enjoy the game i think.

yes...I have the my future configuration...

Abit KN9 ou AN52 BOX Nova AM2 DDR2 x2
2xKINGSTON DDR2 1GB 667MHZ
Seventeam St 550p-Ag 550 Watts Atx 2.2
HD250 Gb Sata 2 Samsung
Athlon 64 X2 4200 Socket AM2
GeForce 8600GT 256MB/128Bits

yes...is a great graphic card, have best performance that GeForce 8800GS in actual games, but this graphic card is DirectX9.0c
I believe that you can have a better performance in PES2008 and other games ;)

Last edited:
what the hell are you talikng about? 7600 runs better than 8800?? lol that's the funniest thing i've ever heard. Tell me why then 8800 GTS runs better than 7900 GTX??

Sorry, have a error mine...
is the GeForce 7950 GX2...sorry, I say a shit here.
And the GeForce 7950 GX2 have a best performance in DirectX 9.0...
Is evident that in a game as Crysis, the 8800 have a best performance...
Re-arranged, sorry again.

the graphs are seemed but the PES2008 will have more elements.

Requeriments of the PES6 and PES2008?

I think that will be necessary. I have a FX5200 and know that I need buy other graphic card, I want buy the GeForce 8600GT

I receive this reply about requeiments minimum...

"Hi Lucas,

The requirements for the game have not been announced yet. We will know more
closer to release."

Wouldn't waste your money on an 8600GT - it's no quicker than a cheaper dx9 card and is unlikely to run any dx10 games with high settings. Wait for the 8800 series to drop in price or get a top-spec dx9 card and wait a bit longer - PES2008 is unlikely to be dx10.

no probs, cam, i just thought it was really strange to say that 7600 is better than brand-new 8800.
rrrudi, i agree, back in times when the 6-th series were top ones 6600 GT was really good for mid-level systems. It had 256M of ram and were rather fast overall, 8600 GTS has the same 256M, but it's nothing nowdays, if i had to choose i'd better get 8800 GTS with 320M which is slightly more expensive, but is worth those money unlike 8600 GTS. But the best one in terms of money-power is 8800 GTS 640M, it's only about 10% worse then GTX version, but costs almost 2 times less and hasenormous overclocking possibilities which can make it even better then 8800Ultra.

Last edited:
Don;t think I will be rushing out to buy it if its still got the same Assisted arcade passing.

No manual power bar passing , I will pass ..

Earlier on I said the requirements for PES 2008 will be similar to Virtua Tennis 3 I think even though the graphics arent as good.

no probs, cam, i just thought it was really strange to say that 7600 is better than brand-new 8800.
rrrudi, i agree, back in times when the 6-th series were top ones 6600 GT was really good for mid-level systems. It had 256M of ram and were rather fast overall, 8600 GTS has the same 256M, but it's nothing nowdays, if i had to choose i'd better get 8800 GTS with 320M which is slightly more expensive, but is worth those money unlike 8600 GTS. But the best one in terms of money-power is 8800 GTS 640M, it's only about 10% worse then GTX version, but costs almost 2 times less and hasenormous overclocking possibilities which can make it even better then 8800Ultra.
But, here in Brazil, we no have too money :lmao:
I can buy a 8800 320MB but have a price of $600,00

I read alot about how PS3 version should be superior and how great and more advanced this platform is, but i wonder, have anyone of those guys saying this seen what DirectX 10 PC is capable of?? I'm so tired of reading endless bullshit in PES 2008 PS3 and PES/WE 2008 official threads, i just don't wanna have an argument with some of those fanboys and don't post in there, but seriously they just overrate PS3 and underrate both XBox 360 and PC.
I think the only reason why PS3 can have some enchanted PES version is not superiority of PS3, but some kind of financial agreement between Konami and Sony.

In terms of graphics this game is no.1 off all future projects. I guess it'll work on 8800 Ultra card and quad-core cpu on the high settings pretty well.

wtf? 600$ for 320M??!! :shock: well here it costs 350$.
Yes, because have too importation taxes, I see in Amazon.com this price:
EVGA e-GeForce 8800GTS 640 MB PCIe Video Card $367,23

But is impossible import this product

I don't believe that will be necessary a BIG pc for PES2008, is only look graphics, I think that will be necessary a processor minimum of 2.2Ghz, I THINK

Back
Top Bottom